(Topic ID: 81677)

Elvira And The Party Monsters club-Monstrous!

By karmalord

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,307 posts
  • 183 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Tokkentakker
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 474 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

A4F5613D-70B2-4C15-AE7B-007FF481A1A9 (resized).jpeg
DSCN7087 (resized).JPG
DSCN7086 (resized).JPG
E35F072D-C330-4D5D-9961-8F7903A9A41A (resized).jpeg
20200509_153226 (resized).jpg
20200509_141200 (resized).jpg
20200509_140445 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200226-103054~3 (resized).png
518ABB36-77BF-4DCB-824E-C0C2530865DD (resized).jpeg
E3D1BA4D-C40B-4969-A012-C022A7A6BE90 (resized).jpeg
330DD88C-5A90-4773-9B05-912B8A7C1262 (resized).jpeg
FEEFFDF2-A962-4E83-A080-11B95EAE0CA6 (resized).jpeg
D902A7F0-0157-4832-A72C-407A18CE4E73 (resized).jpeg
198D7ED0-C66D-45A3-AC07-09C1E5CE9571 (resized).jpeg
394616A3-F5F2-4F63-9AD3-ED4A135E9B8A (resized).jpeg
0474BCEE-3D8B-4A03-85ED-EC762E56EF6F (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffzee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#327 5 years ago

Mistress of the Dark versus Party Monsters

What if any references from the movie made it to the pin? I watched the movie the other day and though I heard a deja vu line similar to one of the speech calls. Also I thought the monster in the cook pot kinda looked like a boogieman.

2 weeks later
#354 5 years ago

I went to install my new CPR backglass and it initially didn't fit. I was able to get it to fit by leaving off the side trim. My original translite glass is 27" wide whereas the new backglass is 27 & 1/8" (as it apparently should be). I emailed with CPR and I appear to be the only one who has reported such a problem. So it looks like my backbox is a smidge narrower than normal. I guess that such variations are not unheard of.

The new glass is still a big improvement as my old translite isn't that nice. But I may want to do something to conceal the side edges of the glass. Maybe a thin strip of black tape applied between the screening and the edge of the glass. Anyone else have to come up with a similar solution for a backglass?

#362 5 years ago

Were boogie men made specifically for Elvira or were they always just generic finger puppets? Shown below are four large boogie men I got from Marco and four small boogie men I got from Bay Area. The small green one on the right is made from a harder plastic and has what looks like a mounting hole in the back of its neck. The other three smaller ones are made from a more supple rubber-like material and are "floppier". Based on what I've read I'm guessing that these three small ones are most like what originally came with the game. Nevertheless, I'll probably stick with the larger ones. I'm partial to that guy on the right with all the eyes. My game currently has a pair of the larger ones, but they're all dingy and missing appendages.

BoogieMen-01.JPG

1 year later
#750 4 years ago

I started shopping my playfield today and here's what I found in the upper right corner... a black rubber and two studs screwed into the side rail. Looks like someone's attempt at preventing the ball from jumping over the arch rail and getting stuck in the corner. But it seems to me that the Party Punch ramp is too low to allow such a jump. I'm thinking this is just someone's useless hack. I'm wondering what others have found in this area of the playfield. Am I missing a factory part?

DSCN7062a.JPG

#752 4 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

No there is nothing there. Both of those Bolt/Nut combos that you have in your side rails should be gone along with that rubber. I have never had an issue with the ball jumping the side rail in that corner.

Thanks!

1 month later
#788 4 years ago

I wanted a base for my CPR topper and I wanted to provide some back lighting. I started with a pine board and added two small cleats to mount the topper. From Home Depot I found a small 12" LED tube light intended for under kitchen cabinet lighting. The light is mounted slightly off center toward Elvira's head because I was trying to get a little more light toward the flesh tone areas and a little less light toward the transparent areas. Once I was happy with the arrangement I painted the board black to blend with the game cabinet. The light has high and low settings. I like low.

topper-01_(resized).jpg

topper-02_(resized).jpg

topper-03_(resized).jpg

topper-04_(resized).jpg

#789 4 years ago

I have a request, please...

Redoing the whole cabinet is beyond my scope. I would at least like to try making a decal to replicate the "LET'S ROCK" bubble by the right leg. Might someone have a scan of this area or just a good head-on picture?

DSCN7433_(resized).JPG

#792 4 years ago

Thanks! I'll work on it and see what happens. Not sure if I know enough about photo editing to sharpen it up.

DSCN7432b_(resized).jpg

#793 4 years ago

Thanks Bohdi. I used the image as a template to redraw the bubble. It's far from an exact match. But without a side by side comparison it looks fine.

cab-03_(resized).jpg

cab-01_(resized).jpg

cab-02_(resized).jpg

#801 4 years ago

I've had my Elvira for about a year and a half. I spent most of the last two months going through the playfield cleaning everything and fixing some things and adding some new parts. I keep a log of everything I do on my website with lots of pics. Click...

http://www.jeff-z.com/pinball/eatpm/repair/repair.html

I took well over a hundred pictures while disassembling the playfield. If you're looking for a particular detail maybe I can help.

001_(resized).jpg

shop-14_(resized).jpg

2 years later
#1005 2 years ago

Here are a few more comparison pictures between the translite and backglass. If your existing translite is in good shape, I'd pass on the backglass. Click and scroll to the bottom of the page...

http://www.jeff-z.com/pinball/eatpm/pics/pics.html

4 months later
#1034 1 year ago
Quoted from T7:

New Elvira and the Party Monsters interactive Game Guide: http://pinballzoo.com/Games/GameTips?id=432
- Shot Map displays shots for selected rule

That's my game! I always get a kick out of seeing my images randomly appearing elsewhere on the Internet.

002 (resized).jpg

3 months later
#1100 1 year ago

The standup targets do the scoring. The flip up targets are in front and just for visual effect. But it's a cool effect! Pictures here...

http://www.jeff-z.com/pinball/eatpm/repair/repair.html

3 weeks later
#1105 1 year ago

Mine has been mostly missing since I've owned the game. Hasn't caused me any problems.

#1106 1 year ago

I assume you mean this...

trough-01 (resized).jpg

All I had was a dangling piece of what ever it used to be. Took out the piece and never had problems.

3 weeks later
#1116 1 year ago

Finally got around to finishing a rules page. Corrections welcome...

http://www.jeff-z.com/pinball/eatpm/rules/rules.html

2 months later
#1143 1 year ago

Deadheads lamp board...

deadheads-01 (resized).jpg

#1146 1 year ago

There are two buttons of concern. Are you following the test procedures in the manual?

6 months later
#1202 9 months ago
Quoted from PinballOrphanage:

NEED HELP. I am bringing my EATPM back to life and need info on how/what the backglass lock cam should look like. My mech and lock were gone when I purchased the machine. A picture showing the inside of the cabinet on the upper right hand side would be awesom. THANKS

I should start by saying that this is one of those projects where I was hanging around the basement and wanted to feel like I was doing something slightly more than just drinking beer. I don't bother locking my backboxes, but the cam on my Elvira was missing and it kind of bugged me. So I made one with junk on hand. It took me a few tries to get the bends right, but it seems to do what it should. There's also a Murphy's Law aspect to this. The sooner I make my own part, the sooner I'll find the part I actually want...

lock-01 (resized).jpg

lock-02 (resized).jpg

2 months later
#1223 6 months ago

Neat idea. I never gave much thought to video because I wouldn't have the talent to narrate. Interesting workaround.

4 months later
#1298 58 days ago

Here's what I found in my game. Can't say what's right or not.

DSCN7086 (resized).JPG

DSCN7087 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
3,500 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
New York, NY
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
£ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffzee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside