(Topic ID: 81677)

Elvira And The Party Monsters club-Monstrous!

By karmalord

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,311 posts
  • 261 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by pyrotech
  • Topic is favorited by 124 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Eyeball_close_1024x1024@2x (resized).jpg
20240414_155259.jpg
IMG_0328 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1494 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1496 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1495 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1502 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1501 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1500 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0226 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0208 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0209 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9281 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bohdi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 10 years ago

Here's a couple quickies of mine. All I have here at work for the moment. Sorry for the bad picsE5.jpgE5.jpgE2.jpgE2.jpge 1-264.jpge 1-264.jpgE4-507.jpgE4-507.jpg

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Looks great. I like the mirror blades. How they holding up?

I've tried to minimize lifting the playfield since I put them on. So far they've held up well. Just have to be careful. I think they look great. Put some on yours yet? Gonna put some on Cyclone this weekend. How's your Elvira doin? Still havn't seen pics of that translite.. Sorry I missed gettin out there for your last 2 get togethers. Been just too busy.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

The people who make them think it's a bad idea.

It IS a bad idea. I originally tried that when I put mine on. Found some real nice thin felt, put it on both sides of the playfield, what a mess. It's fine without it, trust me.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Not yet, been buyin other crap but I did put a wild 12v led strip on the apron behind the out lane guides.

Like to see how that turned out. I just mounted some LEDS for the flipper buttons in my Cyclone, EATPM is next.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

It looks really cool I think. Gotta get around to doin that one of these days. Ever go to the Axeman store on University Ave, about 6 blocks west of Snelling on the right side of the street in St Paul? They have #47 sockets with wires attached for 25 cents each, they work great.

I never get out that way near St Paul. That's a good price though. Sockets were like a buck from PBL, then I just grabbed some wire from work. Have pics of the LED strip installed?

#49 10 years ago

Ya know Paul, I'm only gonna need 2 more sockets so I wouldn't worry about it, but thanks though. Plus I'm not exactly close. Unless your coming out my way sometime soon for some reason?? looking forward to seeing that pic..

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Dang, nice. I'm holding out for the CPR mirrored backglass though.

Same here..

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

yes I could do that, it would give me and excuse to put my alt. in. How much you give me for it, it's mint.

Yeah, put your alternate in! And post a pic so the whole world can see it...

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Sorry NCD. You'll just have to come over to see it.

I know I know, I have to get over there one of these days

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

Wait. There's an alternate? Why have I not been told about this?

Your being told now. The alternate is a bit more revealing, that's all i'll say.

#73 10 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

More revealing? How could it be more revealing? I am so offended.

Too funny. You'll have to ask Paul regarding details of it.

#75 10 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Im, In ....sort of... Thanks to the Ohio show

Project pin

IMG_0176.JPG 173 KB

Glad you could join us..

#80 10 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

on second thought.... that is not what her "stuff" looks like in real life. Fail.

Yeah..... I don't think those look too real. Unique though??

#87 10 years ago

Paid 2k for mine. Needed a REALLY good shop job, rubbers, and a few plastics. Came out pretty nice. Amazing how nice the playfield was under all the dirt. Have about 400 into it. 2400 total into it and its nice.

#102 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I've got $75 into mine, added a killer programmable color changing, chasing @ fading led strip. Comes with a small key chain remote. It just goes crazy with the chasing effects. It's just the main strip on the apron, the others are reflections.

EATPM B.JPG 190 KB

EATPM G.JPG 172 KB

EATPM R.JPG 122 KB

That looks pretty nice Paul. Are they always on, or just chase or can you change the settings or ? Gotta see those in person. Be nice to see a pic from the players perspective.

#104 10 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Picked up this populated playfield at the show also.
Thought you might get a kick out of it.

IMG_0161.JPG 132 KB

IMG_0162.JPG 161 KB

IMG_0172.JPG 147 KB

IMG_0168.JPG 236 KB

IMG_0170.JPG 274 KB

Can we say........... Filthy?

#109 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Completely programable. Close as I can come to players perspective.

EATPM Player view.JPG 255 KB

I like. Where did you pick that up? also, where did you wire it in?

#112 10 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

Amazing how clean that is getting. This is going to make for some great before and after pics.

Exactly what I was thinking. This actually would be a fun project. I thought mine was dirty when I got her. Nothing like this

#114 10 years ago

Pending condition after the cleanup, don't think the price is bad. For a populated playfield? if the ramps are good etc.. not bad at all

#117 10 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

I remember watching late night B movies with my Dad and all he would say was "OH,HO,HO...that Elvira" He's been gone for to many years now but that memory comes back whenever I see her on this pin in particular.

elvira-661.JPG 143 KB

Man I remember those days. Back when there WAS something on TV to watch.

#122 10 years ago
Quoted from Turboderf:

Was someone looking for a skull
ebay.com link » Elvira and the Party Monsters Pinball Skull Rare Product Hard To Find Mr Pinball

Roughly 100 bucks. Pricey, but if you need it you need it.

#130 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

On ebay, they have 4 on there now, buy it now $75 + $15 for shipping. Item # 271416579483. Sell name is Highendpinballrestorers.
Took 12v power from the 2 wire, 4 pin connector on the JAM drop targets. See photo.

EATPM LED Conection.JPG 212 KB

Thanks for the info Paul. Probably look into it. Really does looks good

#131 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Great times BEFORE cell phones, cable TV, internet and under a buck gas.

At least someone agrees w/me. Christ, I ain't that old. I graduated in '86. So much garbage on TV and every single person is glued to there Iphone, tablet and reality TV. Oh, almost forgot, F book. Sure I love HD TV, but things were just fine 25-30 yrs ago too. Just my .02

#135 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

The only way I'd get cable is for the car racing and besides who with pinball games has TIME to watch TV. Besides, I can use that $100+ per month for a lot of other things. I hate those monthly bill that never go away.

Well put. The only reason I have Satellite is so the wife can watch her crap. That's why SHE pays this bill.

1 week later
#151 10 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

Here's commitment. Just days after getting a plate put in her wrist after breaking her arm, my girlfriend is back on Elvira.

IMG_20140312_184853_379.jpg 133 KB

That IS commitment. Does she smoke your a$$ on that pin Brad??

#157 10 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Does anybody have any inside information if anybody is working on a playfield, backglass, plastics, and ramps. I would really like to start collecting the pieces for a restore. Elvira is the oldest in my collection and would love to give her the attention she needs.
Magicchiz

I currently have some of the plastics leftover from her "restore" months ago. LMK if there are any in particular your looking for right now. I do not have the Cyclops plastic.

#166 10 years ago

Ramps and plastics are pretty important. They are both very hard to find. Wear in the BAT area is common. Without details and pics? Price can range anywhere from say 1500 to 2500 and up pending condition. Worth every penny IMO

#170 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Glade you got it fixed. You think that's strange look what I found on that plastic when I bought my game. I have no idea where it goes.

EATPM metal 1.JPG 67 KB

EATPM metal 2.JPG 220 KB

What the bleep is that?????

3 weeks later
#195 10 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I got my custom sideboard decals. PM me if you're interested in some:

EATPM_sideboard_decal.jpg 41 KB

Those look nice. If I didn't have mirror blades, I'd be in for a set.

1 week later
#210 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That's the way I feel about my girl also.

+1

2 months later
#262 9 years ago

That looks pretty darn nice. May have to do that down the road when the new ramps go in. Nice job..

#272 9 years ago
Quoted from karmalord:

Hard to say which would look better, on all the time or flash dancing.

Flash dancing would be better IMO. Can't wait to light mine up. Great idea

#275 9 years ago

Just did a full teardown last summer on mine. EATPM was my 1st full job. Didn't think it was all that bad. Took lots of pictures and made a list in order of what I did and reversed it when I put it all back together. One thing I do remember that I missed when tearing down was which went back on 1st, the habitrail from the vuk to the sling, or the Monster Slide ramp? I remember it all being a tight fit. I wouldn't wait for the playfields. It's gonna be awhile. This is good practice anyways. I may still have some pictures of the teardown.

1 week later
#285 9 years ago
Quoted from elevatedreality:

Does anyone happen to have an extra JAM plastic or an extra boogie man plastic they are interested in selling. I don't need the cauldron or the organ player, but my JAM is broken and my boogie men plastic is warped. If so PM me. Thanks.

I may have both. If you still are looking for them, LMK and i'll check tonight.

#286 9 years ago
Quoted from elevatedreality:

Does anyone happen to have an extra JAM plastic or an extra boogie man plastic they are interested in selling. I don't need the cauldron or the organ player, but my JAM is broken and my boogie men plastic is warped. If so PM me. Thanks.

Here's a few pictures of what I have if interested. Colors are vibrant, much better than the pics indicate. Not perfect, but maybe better than yours. 20140707_160515.jpg20140707_160515.jpg20140707_160536.jpg20140707_160536.jpg20140707_160505.jpg20140707_160505.jpg20140707_160451.jpg20140707_160451.jpg

2 months later
#376 9 years ago

Set of 5 for 6.25 shipped ain't bad?

1 month later
#407 9 years ago

Looks really nice. Good job. I like the black rails and lockdown bar. Now just put some mirror blades in there.

#409 9 years ago

Some day I'm going to do my cabinet. Looks fine now, but I'd love to have it mint. Love the instruction cards too. Here's a pic of mine.E5.jpgE5.jpg

#415 9 years ago
Quoted from karmalord:

Any reason your not using the original flippers?

I personally am not a REAL big fan of the yellow ribbed flipper bats. I had a new set of the whites laying around, and It needed new ones at the time, so I threw them in. I'm liking the original more and more however. Next teardown i'll likely add some.

4 months later
#561 9 years ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

I've never seen an EATPM with a post between the flippers. It's not on the parts list in the manual either. Easy for somebody to add though. Maybe they got tired of the STDM drains that can be so prevalent on this game.

I personally think the outlanes are worse then the SDTM. And there not bad IMO

#563 9 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Yep. I swear there is a magnet in the right outlane on our machine.

Left is worse on mine

1 month later
#640 8 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I just posted this on the Girls of Pinball thread but thought it deserved a post here as well. I snapped this picture when I bought Cassandra's HUO EATPM.

cassandra.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

That is WAY cool. I want my pin signed by her dammit.............................

3 weeks later
#656 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Been meaning to place a vinyl order for some people on this thread, here's what mine looked like:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-and-the-party-monsters-club-monsterous/page/4#post-1573184
215478[1].jpg

Those look pretty nice. If I didn't have mirror blades on mine, I'd be interested in a set. Where did you get those?

1 week later
#663 8 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

I recently bought/installed the Green Xpin displays and they look great!

Have any pics? I'm looking at getting some new displays

5 months later
#720 8 years ago
Quoted from PIN_GROOM:

Does Elvira's voice sound pretty rough (low res) on all of these games, or is it just mine?

Mine sounds fine.

2 months later
#777 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

So, as my EatPM PF has this particular spot/hole, I'm giving a serious thought about installing this post on mine.... Anyone else, any thoughts!

As far as I know, and every EATPM I've seen, there should not be a mini post between the flippers. I personally wouldn't put one there, but if yours already has the hole there anyways, I guess if it's your preference to add one, why not?

#779 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

So, I was doing a little google research, and here are some pics I found (some from virtual pinball)....

20151015_181708-e1446651664690_(resized).jpgdsfiles-img-5-1235714329_(resized).jpgmonthly_07_2013-304bdfce8219f896e3eb059135aeba76-elvira-and-the-party-monsters--bally-1989-_(resized).jpg

Hmmm, that's interesting. Really not sure how to clarify if any playfields indeed came with a mini post installed. It's not there on my Pinball Arcade either. Now I'm really curious. Anyone else chime in on this debate?

#782 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

So, I tested and, in order to place a mini-post, I would have to take off those "anti-bounce bars" that are placed under the flipper bats.... Now I'm just more afraid to damage the playfield by doing that than by installing the mini-post....

Why is that? You talking about the "guides" just below the flippers in the picture?

#784 8 years ago

Guides should be fine there. Thats exactly how my Cyclone was setup and it worked fine. Check at the IPDB. Plenty of pics of machines setup that way, and came from the factory like that.

#791 8 years ago
Quoted from JeffZee:

I have a request, please...
Redoing the whole cabinet is beyond my scope. I would at least like to try making a decal to replicate the "LET'S ROCK" bubble by the right leg. Might someone have a scan of this area or just a good head-on picture?
DSCN7433_(resized).JPG

20160109_135140.jpg20160109_135140.jpg

#794 8 years ago

Looks good! Nice job..

1 month later
#813 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Have any of you Elvira fans seen one of these before?
20160130_112659_(resized).jpg

Yes. You pick one up? Pretty cool I think. Love to have one..

#816 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Unfortunately no, but I did grab his Elvira slot machine topper . You know, the nearly 3' tall one with her on the throne. I'd post a pic, but I'm away from my desk.
I wanted the tap handle too, but only brought enough cash for the topper. He also had the life-size cardboard standup for Elvira's Night Brew.

How much did they want for the tap handle?

1 month later
#841 8 years ago
Quoted from gdogfunk:

Hello! I picked up a less than stellar EATPM last night and I need to shop it out to even really play a game on it. Sound issues, broken rubbers getting the ball stuck and a couple of broken plastics, in addition to damaged side rails and backbox trim from the backbox slamming down on the rails somewhere along her lifespan (and breaking the glass, as I found shards in the bottom of the cabinet). This brings me to a few questions:
1) I noticed in the ball eject, someone brilliantly added a drywall screw to prevent *something* from happening, but I think all they did was succeed in assuring each pinball gets nice and damaged every time it ejects! Might someone be able to post a photo of what a proper eject hole looks like as I await my manual and replacement parts?
2) The mylar is starting to peel up a touch near the drain, do I leave the mylar alone or try to pull it up and apply new?
3) Is there a trick or is it even possible to wax mylar to a shine like I get when waxing diamond plate? I have a CFTBL that has some wear to the diamond plate and after 2 coats of Mother's, the nice diamond plate areas are nice and shiney, but the high traffic areas did not some to life as I was hoping. Maybe I need to buff harder in those areas? The Elvira mylar looks like the CFTBL diamond plate wear after waxing. I'd love to get a nice sheen over the whole game, but maybe that's not possible with worn diamond plate or waxing mylar?
4) Does anyone know a resource to find the chrome trim at the top of the backbox that is sticky-taped to the speaker grill? Mine are very damaged and I can't seem to find replacement trim on any of the usual parts sites. Same with the speaker grill? Or heck, just a new backbox head that I can swap out the side panels on?
5) Maybe it's just me, but it seems the backbox damage has caused something to change with the way the translite sits. It's almost as if either the bulbs protrude too far through the light panel and are very close to the translite or the backbox is now causing the translite to sit closer to the bulbs? Either way, I can totally see the bulb filament right through Elvira's boob and no photos I see online appear this way. How might I fix this? The bulbs are soldered in place, so I don't see an easy way to recess the sockets. And I don't see an easy way to bring the translite forward. Thoughts? Color sleeves on the boob bulbs to hide the filament?
I'm anxious to bring her back from the dead!
Thank you!
Ryan

You can get the chrome trim at any auto parts store. I picked up a roll last fall for like 16.00. Enough to do 3 machines. I believe it's 5/8 wide chrome molding.

#844 8 years ago
Quoted from gdogfunk:

Great, thanks! I found the chrome trim at a local auto parts store and looked up some things in the manual that have been helpful. A couple things:
2) Having never seen mirror blades on a game before and seeing how sweet it looks on this game, what are the thoughts/opinions of using mirror blades? Do they look amazing or do they become a distraction with too much reflection? I figure if I'm going to do it, now would be the time.

I Think they look great on Elvira. One of the 1st things I added once I got mine all done. Not distracting at all IMO. This is the only picture I have of it here at work.. Terrible picture though

E2_(resized).jpgE2_(resized).jpg

4 months later
#892 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Thrilled to have installed new internal side decals!

PS: sorry for the bad pics... glass was on and my smartphone that has a better camera ran out of battery power.... I'll take some better shots during the weekend!

Looks good! Like to see some better pics with the machine on, and the room a little darker. Where did you pick those up?

2 months later
#902 7 years ago

Here's a quick pic of mine. Crappy quick pic, but that's my setup. Seems to work fine

20161025_171340 (resized).jpg20161025_171340 (resized).jpg

#906 7 years ago
Quoted from Blacktoothgrin:

Also anyone remember who was selling glow in the dark skull (multiball lock) can't seem to find? Thanks.............

Marco has the skull plastic, not sure if it's glow in the dark tho, as is the one at Bay Area Amusements (out of stock)
I know Aurich had one for his that he painted the underside with glow in the dark paint or chrome? Otherwise I did see one on Ebay that says "glow in the dark" That help?

3 months later
#939 7 years ago
Quoted from Jeffreyjonesbsme:

I've been stalking Pinside for awhile now and am now starting to visit the threads.
Here's my EATPM.
It had a clear coated playfield when I bought it...but the cabinet was rough.
This was my first cabinet restoration. Last summer's project.
I'm happy with how it turned out.

Looks very nice. Personally, I'm not a fan of the Green, but it works on this title. Seen it done on her before. It's all in personal preference. If you like it, that's the important part. Very nice job..

8 months later
#974 6 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

Its time for me to install my pf protector. The boogie men have been replaced by these skeleton things, and the only way i can figure to remove them (so i can remove the plastic beneath) is to dismantle the whole assembly from underneath the pf. This seems like overly complicated design. Am i missing something?

How are those skeletons mounted on there? Should be able to just remove them, then slide the plastic up and over the rods there attached to. I've used different types of finger puppets and other things for my "boogie men" but they've always just slipped over the top and stayed attached w/o hardware of any kind.

#979 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Those angled metal extensions are hacked in. It should be just the hollow metal tubes coming up (stock).

Yep, what he said. Not sure why they hacked it like that?

1 year later
#1113 5 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

Also, what's your favorite instruction cards for this game?

I prefer these. Don't remember where I got them tho

apron pic (resized).jpgapron pic (resized).jpg
7 months later
#1185 4 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Though I’m sure there are folks that can get 100 mil plus

I owned mine for 5 years. Thought i was fairly good at it. Best i ever put up was about 18 Million. I can't imagine someone getting 100 million plus. Not a hard game, but it's NOT that easy. I think reaching 50 million would be pretty dam hard

#1187 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

I set goals for myself. First 10m, then 20m and so on. I eventually hit 60 million. I'll admit it was a grind, but fun as hell. First machine I bought for sentimental reasons, and it's never leaving.

I hated like hell to part with mine. I put a ton into from day one, and when I sold it this spring, it was nice. But, I had to get a IMDN so it had to go. Hopefully get another one some day

1 year later
#1372 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Does anyone know where I can find the speaker cover with the “Bally” emblem on it? My machine is missing the Bally emblem

I got mine from Marco, but that was probably 5 years ago

2 years later
#2128 7 months ago

Anyone in need of these? Found them in my pinball folder. Sold my EATPM years ago so I guess I don't need them. PM if interested.

20230830_151141 (resized).jpg20230830_151141 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Towson, MD
£ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

£ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 49.99
$ 45.95
$ 70.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 18.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bohdi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-and-the-party-monsters-club-monsterous?tu=bohdi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.