(Topic ID: 81677)

Elvira And The Party Monsters club-Monstrous!

By karmalord

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,311 posts
  • 261 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by pyrotech
  • Topic is favorited by 124 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Eyeball_close_1024x1024@2x (resized).jpg
20240414_155259.jpg
IMG_0328 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1494 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1496 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1495 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1502 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1501 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1500 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0226 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0208 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0209 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9281 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 10 years ago

I restored and clearcoated my playfield, but still need to redo my cab decals, they're ROUGH. Machine was routed pretty bad before I brought it back to life. I have a couple custom things on it I'll document when I get a chance.

I made a couple custom eyeball shooters using high end acrylic eyes, they look super nice, but I put one on my Scared Stiff, and I dunno that I want EATPM to match, too similar, so put a new black shooter knob on instead.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from karmalord:

major sanding and wood bondo first before any decals

Hence why I haven't done my decals yet.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I've been told by Rick at PPS that repro playfields should be available in the next couple of months.

Nice. I think I ended up doing a good enough restore job on mine that I'll just keep it, but hope to see some good looking EATPMs out there.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from karmalord:

Vids guide to flipper rebuild addresses this conversion from System 11 games. Has to do with the spring type and location.

Yes, uses the WPC-style return spring which is mounted on the side bracket, instead of a coil around the plunger. It's a better way to do it, some people claim it's snappier, I dunno.

I did it on my Elvira when I rebuilt the flippers, it's not hard. Here's the thread:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-upgradingrebuilding-flippers

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from karmalord:

Checked the spring and it's still attached. Went into coil test and they go up and down fine . In play after she says "Lets Boogie" the right one goes down, left one up, and they just kinda shimmer from there. This is a faster Boogie I noticed than in test,which is more of an "oompa-loompa" dance.

I had that happen once. One of the boogie men was getting caught up in the wire ramp, check to make sure they're clearing 100%.

#52 10 years ago

Dang, nice. I'm holding out for the CPR mirrored backglass though.

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

What makes the mirrored backglass better?

It's a mirrored backglass!

A NOS translite will probably look better in some ways actually, the mirrored remakes are CMYK, not photographic, so the colors aren't going to be dead on. But I'm hoping the mirrored bits work out well, and CPR has been working on their color game as they figure out the process.

I'm excited to see it, supposed to be next up.

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

What parts of it will be mirrored ya think?

The big BBQ fork and grill seem like the obvious spots, beyond that hard to say. If I was doing it I'd probably try the white highlights on the Elvira letters, maybe some of the glass reflections.

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from karmalord:

Nice,hope they make enough to be around for awhile,as I got to keep my priorities in order! lol

I wouldn't count on it honestly, but who knows. Missing a CPR product can mean you regret it though, they don't tend to remake them.

#83 10 years ago
Quoted from bohunr:

I've been trying to join but every time I go and look at one they are in really bad shape. What is the going rate for a decent EATPM? Any members looking to part with one?

Mine was in really bad shape, but I brought it back from the grave. I paid $900. A decent one seems to fetch more like $2k.

#96 10 years ago
Quoted from Turboderf:

I have added some led boggie man on mine

Huh. Might be interesting to run LEDs up the tubes on the dancing ones actually.

#118 10 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Man I remember those days. Back when there WAS something on TV to watch.

lol, we have an embarrassment of riches when it comes to good TV now. Love me some Elvira, but come on now, take off the rose colored glasses.

All you people posting your nice cabinets has be almost motivated to get my decals on. Almost.

#132 10 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

So much garbage on TV

Man, so much good TV now it's ridiculous, I don't have time to keep up with it all. I don't watch reality shows, or singing shows, or really network TV in general. But this isn't back in the day when there were 5 channels. Get your ass some HBO man!

#147 10 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

Is there supposed to be a guy's voice saying "Light's, Organ" at the beginning of multiball? I also saw a wav for Dracula saying "Blah". I don't have that one either.

"Ooooh, nice organ." Yeah, that's the standard callout, maybe your ROM needs to be updated?

The "Blah!" quote is one of the sounds from hitting the BBQ standups I think.

#155 10 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Does anybody have any inside information if anybody is working on a playfield, backglass, plastics, and ramps. I would really like to start collecting the pieces for a restore. Elvira is the oldest in my collection and would love to give her the attention she needs.
Magicchiz

CPR is about to release a mirrored backglass conversion for EATPM, which doesn't come with a backglass stock, it's a translite. They already did plastics, if you look around you can probably still find them, check eBay if the usual places are out of stock. Ramps I can't speak to.

#171 10 years ago

That metal piece goes in between the alphanumeric displays in the backbox, but if you've upgraded them to LED boards you don't need it anymore.

#173 10 years ago

I took mine off and didn't replace it when I went LEDs since my original displays were outgassing, so I can't remember exactly, but yeah, that looks about right. I dunno if it's really necessary.

#175 10 years ago

I had the same reaction when I was putting my game back together after I restored and clearcoated the playfield. WTF is this? Took me a bit to remember.

2 weeks later
1 month later
#229 9 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Anybody have a fix or advice on the ball getting behind the rubber under the Organ? we were having a marathon and it kept happening. Really drags getting in there when your having the best game of your life.
JC

Hmm, that's never happened even once to me, maybe take a pic of that area, we can see if something looks off.

#236 9 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

1. I've read in various threads that pulling mylar on machines results in the artwork coming up, depending on the age of the machine and certain titles fair better than others. I just got a nice shape EATPM and am considering having the playfield cleared, anyone wanna share their experiences pulling the mylar on EATPM? The one I'm working with has an extremely nice playfield and I'd hate to damage it.

I freeze sprayed my mylar off with little to no art being pulled so I could touch it up and clear. It really wasn't that bad, just a laborious process.

3 weeks later
#250 9 years ago

Huh, I don't have the wire, I have two metal pointed posts instead, which keep the rubber from flexing back too far I guess, never had a ball stuck under there. See:image-628.jpgimage-628.jpg

#251 9 years ago

I just made a thread to talk about Comet's new ice blue LED here:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/comets-new-ice-blue-led-is-awesome

The whole reason I wanted it was for the blue bottle insert in front of the party ramp, and it works great there, keeps it the light blue it should be instead of the overly saturated fake looking blue a normal blue LED was giving me. Might want to check it out.

#257 9 years ago

My game was routed hard before I restored it, wouldn't be shocked at all to find out what I have there isn't factory. It looks fine and it works, so not concerned either way.

2 weeks later
#274 9 years ago
Quoted from mskoenen:

So, yeah, can any of you nice people help an ignorant owner out?

I've completely stripped an Elvira playfield bare and put it back together, and here's what I can tell you:

Take more pictures than I did!

I would look at my photos as I was putting it back together and think, man, why didn't I take a few angles of this one, I can't see [x] in this shot?

It's not too bad, I managed, but would have made my life much easier. It's some work, if you hate doing this kind of thing you could wait for the new playfields. But it's not that much work, and if you find taking things apart and putting the back together fun you'll enjoy it. Who knows when those playfields are coming, could be years still. Or months. Years seems more likely.

I was touching up and clearcoating, I needed every bit gone. For just cleaning you won't have to go that hardcore, can leave a lot intact.

4 weeks later
#293 9 years ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

I just got the new CPR backglass conversion.

Damn that was fast. I ordered mine the morning they came out and I won't get it until the middle of next week.

Thanks for the pics, how do you like it?

3 weeks later
#317 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

So - is anyone replacing a good EATPM translite with a CPR backglass? Or are you keeping the game original?

I did, but my translite wasn't in very good shape.

3 weeks later
#357 9 years ago

My CPR backglass is really tight too. I had to get my full palms on it and really tug down to get it to fit.

#365 9 years ago

They don't make the ones that came with it anymore, they were rubberier back in the day, not so hard plastic, so they flopped better. You can still find them on eBay sometimes. I keep a little stash since I have both EATPM and Scared Stiff, and gotta supply them both.

3 weeks later
#380 9 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Ok who else needs a Clear Coated Playfield?

Was a time I was, but waiting sucks, so I just restored and cleared my own PF. Not a HEP or Kruzman, but it's about 1000% better than what I started with, so I'm happy enough.

1 month later
#430 9 years ago
Quoted from karmalord:

As far as gameplay,the right pizza passage lane feeds the drain seemingly way too often and has me doing a half plunge to avoid pops so I can at least get my ball back if it does drain when plunging. Any techniques or fixes for this "party pooper"?

I got so annoyed with the constant drains off that shot that I put a little rubber around one of the posts there on the side. It bounces off and feeds the left flipper now instead of draining. Just felt cheap and annoying otherwise.

1 month later
#458 9 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

Anyone know where I can get a couple sets?

I got my from Bay Area Amusements.

3 months later
#577 9 years ago

You should have posted here first, that's the first place I would have told you to check. Common issue I think, I had to deal with it on mine too.

1 week later
#608 9 years ago

Yeah, I pulled my mylar using the freeze method. But it was applied after the playfield was worn, and I was going to restore it, so I wasn't really that worried about pulling any art.

That said it really came off almost entirely cleanly.

1 month later
#661 8 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

Darn. One of my displays went out and the good one was a previous repair that was never straight. I really want the green PinScore displays but they discontinued them.
Guess I am going with the orange unless someone has some stashed someplace....

There should be other options for green. Rottendog or X-Pin maybe?

I just sold my Elvira, but I think I had Rottendog displays in it. They were orange, but I remember I had color options.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

£ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 45.95
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

£ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 18.95
$ 49.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Towson, MD
$ 70.00
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 69.99
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-and-the-party-monsters-club-monsterous?tu=aurich and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.