(Topic ID: 81677)

Elvira And The Party Monsters club-Monstrous!

By karmalord

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,311 posts
  • 261 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by pyrotech
  • Topic is favorited by 124 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Eyeball_close_1024x1024@2x (resized).jpg
20240414_155259.jpg
IMG_0328 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1494 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1496 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1495 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1502 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1501 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1500 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0226 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0208 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0209 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9281 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PittPin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#260 9 years ago

Just finished lighting up the boogie men. It is a really simple thing to do and cheap.
In case you are interested you need two Pop Bumper lamp socket, 12" insulated stranded wire leads.

Here are some pictures of the modification.
After soldering the sockets in parallel and attaching 18" of connecting wire and alligator clips,
the sockets are inserted into the tubes from the top. Bend the wires up over the top and then down the back. Secure it with some black tape.
IMG_7806.JPGIMG_7806.JPG

I put some 3/4 inch shrink tubing over the wire and tubes and added a plastic clip to hold the wires in place on the playfield.
IMG_7807.JPGIMG_7807.JPG

I ran the alligator clips and wire down through the hole just behind the boogie men. The clips are hooked to one of the 44/47 bulbs in the boogie man area.
IMG_7809.JPGIMG_7809.JPG

The boogie men need to be the translucent ones that are being sold at various places as replacements. I use these boogie men on both Scared Stiff and EATPM (I lit the SS boogie men so they fire when the slings are hit).
Here is how they look on Elvira. It really draws attention to them and helps light a dark area.
IMG_7811.JPGIMG_7811.JPG
IMG_7812.JPGIMG_7812.JPG

3 weeks later
#287 9 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I hope you're planning on soldering them permanently. I would hate to see those alligator clips get loose and short on something. LOVE the mod

Took your advice and solder it, then went to my TAF and soldered four mods I had in there. Thanks.

#288 9 years ago

Have any of you ever removed the speaker panel from the backbox on EATPM? I want to add some speaker lighting. Can it be removed by just removing the screws on the top and underneath it? Just thought I'd ask before I started messing with it.

1 week later
#290 9 years ago
Quoted from Patofnaud:

I did a Bugs Bunny, it's the same set up. Take all the screws off the top of the marquee and the underside. You will have a 2 pin Molex connector for the speakers and a ground.

Do you remember if the screw were "star" screws with a pin in the middle of the star? Is there a special driver head for removing these screws? I am guessing they are some type of security screw head. None of my standard driver heads work.

2 years later
#887 7 years ago

I am looking for the best way to tap 12vdc on my EATPM for the lit shooter housing and lit leg protector mods. I see on page 3-21 of the manual, under Backbox Interconnect Board, that 2J2-1 is 12vdc. This leaves the board and goes to a three pin molex connector just below the board. Would it work to put a splitter at this connector to power these mods? Does anyone see problems doing this? Thanks.

#890 7 years ago
Quoted from papazit1963:

I think you'd be fine, assuming 1 or 2 leds is all your adding.

Is there a good way to determine how much extra load a voltage source point can handle?

2 months later
#899 7 years ago

I have a couple of switch problems I am hoping fellow party monsters can help me with. The first is switch 30, left ramp entry. I replaced this switch with a DB3 replacement and attached the old arm. It still does not work. I attached a photo to see if someone can confirm that I connected it correctly (wires and diode direction). And can you tell me how this is supposed to work when doing a continuity check? Maybe I got lucky and received a bad switch.
The other switch is #56 which is Flip Up2 open. It is shown as being behind the KOOK coffin but I don't see how to check it or get to it.
Could someone give me some guidance?

SOLVED: The arm on switch 30 was closing the switch at rest. Adjusting the bend took care of this. I took the cover off of the coffin assembly and then the assembly itself and found that the diode had come loose from the switch lug. I soldered it back on and now there are no switch errors.

EATPM L ramp (resized).JPGEATPM L ramp (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 49.99
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

£ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Towson, MD
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

£ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 70.00
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PittPin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-and-the-party-monsters-club-monsterous?tu=PittPin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.