(Topic ID: 81677)

Elvira And The Party Monsters club-Monstrous!

By karmalord

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,311 posts
  • 261 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by pyrotech
  • Topic is favorited by 124 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Eyeball_close_1024x1024@2x (resized).jpg
20240414_155259.jpg
IMG_0328 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1494 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1496 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1495 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1502 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1501 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1500 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0226 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0208 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0209 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9281 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mad_Dog_Coin_Op.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1051 5 years ago

My CPR playfield should be here 10/8. At least that is what the tracking number tells me. Can’t wait.

2 months later
#1104 5 years ago

Hey Elvira owners - I'm in the process of installing my new CPR playfield and I noticed my ball trough doesn't have a runaway wire gate. Should it? I see holes for it but no wire. No mention of it in the manual. Please let me know. Thanks in advance.

#1107 5 years ago
Quoted from JeffZee:

I assume you mean this...
[quoted image]
All I had was a dangling piece of what ever it used to be. Took out the piece and never had problems.

That is it. It keeps the ball form rolling back into the drain. Mine usually works without issue but once in a while it bounces back after being sent into the trough. I'll make one up and install it. I am assuming it is the standard 12-6542 one.

2 weeks later
#1114 5 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

Has anyone reproduced the apron artwork? Looking at most of everyone's machines and they all seem to be worn (including mine).
EDIT: I think I found the apron decals. I'll report back once they arrive.
Also, what's your favorite instruction cards for this game?

I got mine at Mr. Pinball. They worked out pretty good.

20190103_195043 (resized).jpg20190103_195043 (resized).jpg20190103_195043 (resized).jpg20190103_195043 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#1119 5 years ago
Quoted from Kramertheman:

I am trying to work out an issue I am having with my EATPM. There are two flashers (classified as solenoids in test) that aren't working. Each flasher controls a light(s) on the playfield as well as the backglass. Neither one of these particular flasher lights work. They are solenoids 06C and 07C. I guess the C designation means that a relay determines which set of a number of solenoids certain driver transistors will control at a given point in time - the A set or the C set. I know the driver transistors in the circuit for the non working flashers is ok because the A set of solenoids work. The C set for two particular driver transistors do not. What is the likely problem? It looks like it might be two diodes on the auxillary driver board. Or maybe the relay that controls the selection of the A set or C set of solenoids (solder connections on the board?). Or maybe actual connectors on the board? Any ideas on how to nail this down?
Thanks
Kramertheman

This might be an easy fix. Check the large white fire resistors on the Bally Interconnect board. I bet you have a bad resistor messing things up. Seems to be a common problem with this generation of game. Test with a multimeter, it should be easy to find. I had a couple bad ones on my board.

#1124 5 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Has anyone dealt with this issue yet on the new CPR play fields?
[quoted image][quoted image]

I had the same problem. Just drill the new hole. That is a small problem compared to the depth and length of the shooter lane. The CPR playfield has a shorter and less deep shooter lane. You can still make it work but it takes a lot of adjustment to get the shooter assembly lined up perfect. It needs to be perfect or the ball never makes it to the top of the playfield. It took me several trys to get it correct.

5 months later
#1181 4 years ago
Quoted from mskoenen:

I bought mine from here:
https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/elvira-and-the-party-monsters/3741/backboard-decal-for-elvira-and-the-party-monsters
But they don't ship to the US. So I had to use an intermediary service. It ended up costing me about $40-$45 for the decal + shipping.

Pinsider Zitt does business with these guys often. He will order it for you. Reach out to him. He just set me up with some Shadow parts from Pinball Center. Great guy.

3 months later
3 years later
#2034 1 year ago

Elvira is a great game and has gone up in value considerably. That being said, it is worth doing a high end restore to it if you have the time, skills and cash. You wouldn't be upside down on it like other titles.

#2059 1 year ago
Quoted from RandyW:

I never noticed this before and now it is going to drive my OCD insane!!!! Not only are the colors reversed, the stripes are different sizes and spaced apart on the sides!!!
[quoted image]

The stripes were done like that at the factory too. I am curious where the decals came from? The finish seems matte.

5 months later
#2142 6 months ago
Quoted from pyrotech:

Does anyone know where I can buy all new plastic without the topper?

It doesn't exist. CPR did the reproduction plastics. There was enough unused space on the media to make the topper plastic. As a result, the topper is included by default. They actually sell pretty good. I recommend buying the complete set and selling the topper if you don't want it. Or, you could do like me and get the topper signed.

#2144 6 months ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

Speaking of the plastic set and topper. I just ordered one and the topper came with it. However I do not see anything that comes with the set to attach the topper? Am I missing something?

Nope. It attaches with a couple small L brackets that you need to source yourself. There are other solutions that don't require drilling into your machine. I installed mine on a heavy baseplate that just sits on top of my machine.

3 months later
#2247 72 days ago
Quoted from Top_Fuel_Friday:

Anyone have a source (or a parts machine) that has these brackets that support the Monster slide or the punch ramp?
There were some custom brackets on my monster slide plastic, looks like they are copper, and none on my punch slide so I currently don't have a way to mount the sign when I start the rebuild after a play field gets here.
(this is an example photo, not mine)
[quoted image]

Oddly, I have never seen OEM ones for sale. They are pretty easy to make. You can use these also. They look different but work great.

uxcell 80pcs Angle Bracket Metal 12x12mm Black Corner Brace Fastener L Shaped Right Angle Brackets Corner Protector Shelf Support with Screws for Furniture https://a.co/d/esZ6vlr

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 18.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

£ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 45.95
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 49.99
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 70.00
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

£ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Towson, MD

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mad_Dog_Coin_Op.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-and-the-party-monsters-club-monsterous?tu=Mad_Dog_Coin_Op and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.