(Topic ID: 81677)

Elvira And The Party Monsters club-Monstrous!

By karmalord

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1494 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1496 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1495 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1502 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1501 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1500 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0226 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0208 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0209 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9281 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0206 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jmckune.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1301 3 years ago

Anyone with an Elvira getting tired of it and interested in trading for a Freshly refurbished Taxi with a new hardtop? https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/96515 Reach out to me if there’s any interest. Thanks for looking!

1 year later
#1481 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

DONE!! She's ready to party again!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow! That looks amazing. I’d love to have one of these someday!

2 months later
#1531 2 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Had a couple play mine a few days ago when it worked 100%. Turned it on tonight and have error's on both ramp switches. Played a game with the glass off to test the switches, neither works. What's the chance they both failed at the same time?, I'm thinking I need to look at other problems here.

Probably linked together and 1 wire broke off somewhere.

Is anyone in the Midwest area looking to unload their Party monsters or thinking about it? I’d be looking for something in the project/needs work/or players range. If anyone has something or knows someone who does, Please point me in the right direction. Only one currently for sale seems priced $1500 above normal sale prices and on top of that appears to need board work. I’m fine paying a fair price but I don’t want to pay restored prices on a players game that needs work. Thanks!

11 months later
#1702 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Hey all,
any ideas why EatPM will not start a game when start button is pressed? It boots fine and enters attract mode fine. Start switch is good.
Thanks!

Is it on free play? Does it have enough balls

#1707 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

-Yes, 3 new balls.
Well, talk about bad luck...
I go down to investigate the settings to see if the game somehow got reset when I was poking around in the service menu the other day and no longer in Free Play, and both displays quit working. So now I can't even use the service menu to trouble shoot.
Could the interconnect board cause this? Or would it just be the CPU/Driver board assuming it's not something else like cables etc?
Thanks!!

It’s likely the PS board. Check to see if high voltage section is fried. Or if the displays are getting power

Also, if you’re wanting to play blind, just flick the credit switch a few times

1 year later
#2217 63 days ago
Quoted from ktuhde:

Hi club members. I need some perspective from some current owners.
This pin has been on my wishlist for a while. I love the late 80’s pins. The art, sounds, play, and the humor. I have a Taxi and now this Elvira. And I would like to add a Diner and Whirlwind.
I got this EATPM in a trade and it came with a new playfield, backglass, ramps, plastics, and display. Before I saw it in person I was sure I would do a playfield swap and get this thing cosmetically looking awesome.
But as I got it home and went over it, now I’m really on the fence about a swap. It’s no hou collectors piece, but I kind of feel like it’s nice enough to just clean up really nice and get playing right. I would do a topside tear down, replace rubbers, plastics, bulbs, rebuild flippers/slings/pops, etc.
I was told the new playfield is a CPR Gold, but it doesn’t have a rating stamped. So I think it may be a new CPR direct print? But I don’t know. I don’t really know much about how the direct print actually works? On a new direct print would it have color in recessed area like in the picture?
What do you think? Go for the full Playfield swap and new ramps? Or keep the playfield and do a topside tear down and underside mechanics tune up and sell the new playfield and ramps? I’m torn and can’t decide. Any wisdom or opinions?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Not sure. My question about the direct prints would be if the green is still UV reactive as that would be a major bummer to put in all that work and lose that. I know you can only see it in certain lighting situations, but it’s fun when it’s there.

1 week later
#2246 51 days ago
Quoted from Top_Fuel_Friday:

Anyone have a source (or a parts machine) that has these brackets that support the Monster slide or the punch ramp?
There were some custom brackets on my monster slide plastic, looks like they are copper, and none on my punch slide so I currently don't have a way to mount the sign when I start the rebuild after a play field gets here.
(this is an example photo, not mine)
[quoted image]

Just drill the rivets out and re rivet them

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jmckune.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-and-the-party-monsters-club-monsterous?tu=Jmckune and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.