(Topic ID: 81677)

Elvira And The Party Monsters club-Monstrous!

By karmalord

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,182 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by mskoenen
  • Topic is favorited by 80 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 416 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

984BBC7E-DECC-496A-AE2A-729104AAF3D7 (resized).jpeg
20190723_161528 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190706-152414 (resized).png
Screenshot_20190706-120230 (resized).png
82AC1D08-D496-43BA-B384-D63623B4CBC3 (resized).jpeg
image95201905109520062595HDR951557540755214 (resized).jpg
image952019051095195133951557540755147 (resized).jpg
pulse-image (resized).jpg
IMG_20190324_174045 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190321_221236 (resized).jpg
deadheads-01 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190406_182132768 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190403_190804972 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190218_221926198 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190218_221942241 (resized).jpg
CPR Backglass 1 (resized).jpg

There are 1182 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 24.
#401 4 years ago

I'm going to pull the assembly out sometime this week and get a good idea what I'm dealing with and what can be done. Thank you everyone for the suggestions. When I come up with a resolve I'll be sure to report back on it.

#402 4 years ago

At long last I can join the club. An EATPM came into the collection last week. I doubt it will ever leave.

Rob
creditdotpinball.com

#403 4 years ago

OK, the tubing i finally used came from McMaster.com

part # 8978K16 x 3'

Rigid Aluminum Tubing, 5/8" Od, .555" Id, .035" Wall Thickness, 3' Length

good stuff for the application

#404 4 years ago

ok sweet! I can order that up no prob. Thank you!

#405 4 years ago

Congrats and welcome spiroagnew!

1 week later
#406 4 years ago

I recently finished my summer project of restoring the cabinet on my EATPM. This was my first restore of any kind so lessons were learned and mistakes made,but all in all it came out pretty good.CAM00243.jpg
It ultimately got a new set of decals,and some dull black powder coating on the rails,lock plate, coin door,legs and feet before I put it back together.Carolyn 322.jpg

I installed the new ramps and a few decals on the playfield along with new instruction cards,but the playfield restore itself will be done after the holidays.Carolyn 319.jpg

#407 4 years ago

Looks really nice. Good job. I like the black rails and lockdown bar. Now just put some mirror blades in there.

#408 4 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Looks really nice. Good job. I like the black rails and lockdown bar. Now just put some mirror blades in there.

Hopefully I can add some when I do the playfield. Wish the lighting was a bit better in my mancave as the LG smartphone doesn't do it justice,lol

#409 4 years ago

Some day I'm going to do my cabinet. Looks fine now, but I'd love to have it mint. Love the instruction cards too. Here's a pic of mine.E5.jpg

#410 4 years ago
Quoted from spiroagnew:

At long last I can join the club. An EATPM came into the collection last week. I doubt it will ever leave.
Rob
creditdotpinball.com

Congrats. I left once and regretted it almost immediately. I'm back in for good now.

image-880.jpg

#411 4 years ago
Quoted from karmalord:

I recently finished my summer project of restoring the cabinet on my EATPM. This was my first restore of any kind so lessons were learned and mistakes made,but all in all it came out pretty good.
It ultimately got a new set of decals,and some dull black powder coating on the rails,lock plate, coin door,legs and feet before I put it back together.
I installed the new ramps and a few decals on the playfield along with new instruction cards,but the playfield restore itself will be done after the holidays.

Carolyn 319.jpg 195 KB

Carolyn 322.jpg 141 KB

CAM00243.jpg 159 KB

Lookin good. I have the same black powder on mine too, looks perfect on this game. I used a red flex to light up the Collect Boogie Bonus and a Comet green 2 head flex to light the Open Coffins to Light BBQ slot. Gives me something to shoot for because they are lit.

#412 4 years ago

Would someone be so kind to upload a couple of close up pics of the 3 button mechanism on the door to adjust settings/adjustments? I have a diode hanging off it and the wiring is a bit sketchy. I need to resolder those things to get it up and running correctly. Thank you very much.

#413 4 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Some day I'm going to do my cabinet. Looks fine now, but I'd love to have it mint. Love the instruction cards too. Here's a pic of mine.

E5.jpg 366 KB

I like the idea of extra lighting on this playfield as it seems a little dark. I will re assess after adding leds though. Any reason your not using the original flippers?

#414 4 years ago
Quoted from karmalord:

I like the idea of extra lighting on this playfield as it seems a little dark. I will re assess after adding leds though. Any reason your not using the original flippers?

Even with leds the pf is still pretty dark. Some double spot lights would really help. I have some but haven't put them on yet. The color changing strip works and looks really nice and it does a lot of different patterns and fades also.

EATPM B.JPG EATPM G.JPG EATPM R.JPG EATPM Player view.JPG
#415 4 years ago
Quoted from karmalord:

Any reason your not using the original flippers?

I personally am not a REAL big fan of the yellow ribbed flipper bats. I had a new set of the whites laying around, and It needed new ones at the time, so I threw them in. I'm liking the original more and more however. Next teardown i'll likely add some.

#416 4 years ago

The yellow ribbed flippers were the first change I made when the machine arrived in my gameroom. Even at twelve bucks a pair, I love the look of them. Black ones are available, and I was tempted, before deciding on the original stock yellow...picked them up from BAA (PPS was sold out, as was Marco, not available from PBLIFE). The game is now "ribbed for her pleasure".

Rob
Creditdotpinball.com

#417 4 years ago

I've got the boney finger bats on my girl.

#418 4 years ago
Quoted from karmalord:

I like the idea of extra lighting on this playfield as it seems a little dark.

I always felt the dimly lit playfield suited the theme perfectly. I had LEDS in mine and pulled that out because they took the eerie glow away. I love LEDS, but incandescent lamps are perfect for EATPM.

#419 4 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

I always felt the dimly lit playfield suited the theme perfectly. I had LEDS in mine and pulled that out because they took the eerie glow away. I love LEDS, but incandescent lamps are perfect for EATPM.

I will have to see the difference firsthand as I just placed the order for them today through Pinball life. Waiting on backbox lamps though,but that will happen soon also.

#420 4 years ago

I wish that guy who made the flickering pot flames tl light mod would finish it.

1 week later
#421 4 years ago

Been playing quite a bit since putting it back together a few weeks ago. Still some of the same issues persisting with play.

1. Ball still rests by pop bumper despite putting an extra rubber ring on post next to bumper.
2. During multiball: Balls shoot out into pop bumper area and one will jump up onto plastic on top right under ramp and rest there also. This occurs about once every 7-8 multiballs.

I noticed there are two holes in the ramp molding right above where the ball gets stuck,so maybe there is something that is supposed to go there but pics of that area are scarce on the web.
Anyone else have these issues?

#422 4 years ago

Can you get us a couple of staged pictures of where the ball winds up.

#423 4 years ago

Love seeing all the projects, I once again almost got to join the club last weekend, but buyer had second thoughts. Hope to join this club before too much longer. The 5th time might just be the charm.

#424 4 years ago
Quoted from idtattoo:

Love seeing all the projects, I once again almost got to join the club last weekend, but buyer had second thoughts. Hope to join this club before too much longer. The 5th time might just be the charm.

That was close, hope ya find a good one.

#425 4 years ago

Here are some pics of problem areas.
Stuck spot 1.jpg
Stuck 1b.jpgstuck 2.jpg
Pop bumper spot shows with and without ball. Funny,it didn't want to stay there when I recreated the issue for the pic,lol
Third pic is where the ball will end up at times when ejected from skull.

#426 4 years ago

You are missing a hanging clear plastic in pic 3...that's what is causing ball hang-ups there.

00-ELV.jpg

Rob
creditdotpinball.com

#427 4 years ago

For the first hang-up, I can't see anything different on mine, and I don't have any issues. Perhaps just a misplaced post, by a couple millimeters, at the factory. Looks like it is settling part on the rubber and part on the pop wafer. Have you tried adjusting the sensitivity of your lower pop so the ball isn't given a chance to settle? Once the ball gets anywhere near the wafer in the settling position it will bump it away.

Rob
creditdotpinball.com

#428 4 years ago

Thanks Rob! I think I can fabricate that clear plastic piece. I knew those two holes were there for a purpose,but hadn't seen one til now.

Not sure the procedure of adjusting sensitivity on a pop wafer,but will look in that area to fix the ball resting there also.

#429 4 years ago

As far as gameplay,the right pizza passage lane feeds the drain seemingly way too often and has me doing a half plunge to avoid pops so I can at least get my ball back if it does drain when plunging. Any techniques or fixes for this "party pooper"?

#430 4 years ago
Quoted from karmalord:

As far as gameplay,the right pizza passage lane feeds the drain seemingly way too often and has me doing a half plunge to avoid pops so I can at least get my ball back if it does drain when plunging. Any techniques or fixes for this "party pooper"?

I got so annoyed with the constant drains off that shot that I put a little rubber around one of the posts there on the side. It bounces off and feeds the left flipper now instead of draining. Just felt cheap and annoying otherwise.

#431 4 years ago

Picked up my EATPM a few weeks ago. Starting to do some work on it now that I have a little time. I found several wires pulled out of the plug for the lights to the dead heads. Could anyone tell me the wire colors and pinout configuration for this? Thanks in advance.

#432 4 years ago
Quoted from MAJRob:

Would someone be so kind to upload a couple of close up pics of the 3 button mechanism on the door to adjust settings/adjustments? I have a diode hanging off it and the wiring is a bit sketchy. I need to resolder those things to get it up and running correctly. Thank you very much.

I don't know if you ever got any pics of that 3 bank Switch. Mine was looking pretty sketchy and not working right. Got a replacement on ebay and wired it the same as the old one was and it seemed to work right. (I think!) I wish I had never sold it! Here are the pictures of the old one I took before replacing it. Good luck!
Marcs phone pics 3 7 2013 700.jpg
Marcs phone pics 3 7 2013 699.jpg

Marcs phone pics 3 7 2013 701-415.jpg
#433 4 years ago

Thank you very much Jimmydred! I really appreciate it. Great pics!

#434 4 years ago
Quoted from Chrlbrwn88:

Could anyone tell me the wire colors and pinout configuration for this? Thanks in advance.

Pic one shows the seven wires leading to the connector. Pics 2 and 3 are the connector from top and bottom. Pin configuration is as follows:
[YELLOW/Purp Trace]
[KEY BLANK]
[RED/Purp Trace]
[RED/Blk Trace]
[RED]

Yellow/Purp terminates at the connector, but the three others are IDC connected mid-wire to allow the wire's signal to continue on. Hence the reason seven wires are pictured in the group heading to the connector, but just four pins to fill. Hope this helps.

Rob
creditdotpinball.com

00-dead1.jpg 00-dead2.jpg 00-dead3.jpg
#435 4 years ago
Quoted from spiroagnew:

Pic one shows the seven wires leading to the connector. Pics 2 and 3 are the connector from top and bottom. Pin configuration is as follows:
[YELLOW/Purp Trace]
[KEY BLANK]
[RED/Purp Trace]
[RED/Blk Trace]
[RED]
Yellow/Purp terminates at the connector, but the three others are IDC connected mid-wire to allow the wire's signal to continue on. Hence the reason seven wires are pictured in the group heading to the connector, but just four pins to fill. Hope this helps.
Rob
creditdotpinball.com

Awesome! Thank you so much! Really appreciate the pics.

#436 4 years ago

Not much response about the Pizza Passage ball drain issue I was having save for Aurich who had the same frusrations and solved it by adding a rubber ring to the outside post.

I was attempting to do that without removing any playfield parts,but was unsuccessful in getting the ring onto a yellow rubber post . However, by all the tweaking on the outside metal lane guide and the post,it appears I've fixed it as the ball now feeds to the flippers more often than not, Woot!
Game now has an entirely different dynamic, is way more fun,and I have already beat my not so high score since tweaking it!

#437 4 years ago
Quoted from karmalord:

Not much response about the Pizza Passage ball drain issue I was having save for Aurich who had the same frusrations and solved it by adding a rubber ring to the outside post.
I was attempting to do that without removing any playfield parts,but was unsuccessful in getting the ring onto a yellow post. However by all the tweaking on the outside metal lane guide and the post,it appears I've fixed it as the ball now feeds to the flippers more often than not. Woot!
Game now has an entire dynamic and have already beat my not so high score!

#438 4 years ago
Quoted from spiroagnew:

For the first hang-up, I can't see anything different on mine, and I don't have any issues. Perhaps just a misplaced post, by a couple millimeters, at the factory. Looks like it is settling part on the rubber and part on the pop wafer. Have you tried adjusting the sensitivity of your lower pop so the ball isn't given a chance to settle? Once the ball gets anywhere near the wafer in the settling position it will bump it away.
Rob
creditdotpinball.com

Rob is right. On your first hang up. If you already have the extra rubber ring around the bottom of the post, then the next option is to adjust the pop so that if the ball even barely touches it, it will fire. That is what I had to do to mine. It still gets stuck once about every 50 games but I can live with that. When it does get stuck a gentle bump will make the pop fire.

I don't remember how I adjusted it, but if I remember it was not that hard. I know with Williams pops, it needs to be exactly in the center of the spoon. You should be able to figure it out.

#439 4 years ago

Yeah,I will have to tinker with it a little to see if I can get it to be more sensitive.

2 weeks later
#440 4 years ago

Hello,

i am new in this club. But i own this fine pinball machine since 8 years now.
I will never sell this machine!

#441 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipper-Maniac:

Hello,
i am new in this club. But i own this fine pinball machine since 8 years now.
I will never sell this machine!

Welcome to the club. Mine aint going anywhere either. Any mods on it?

#442 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Welcome to the club. Mine aint going anywhere either. Any mods on it?

Hello,

no i do not mod any machine, as i am a fan of the original. But only Prototype Things, that are left away on production to cut costs. Like Indiana Jones Jackpot Lights.

But the elvira is not in best shape. I bought plasticset from cpr from the first run, but never installed them, as i was waiting for a new playfield. Now cpr makes one, and i preordered one already.

The left Waterslide Ramp tends to break, so i must change or repair it in future. But there are no new ramps to buy, as pinballinc makes them not any more.

#443 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipper-Maniac:

Hello,
no i do not mod any machine, as i am a fan of the original. But only Prototype Things, that are left away on production to cut costs. Like Indiana Jones Jackpot Lights.
But the Elvira is not in best shape. I bought plasticset from cpr from the first run, but never installed them, as i was waiting for a new playfield. Now cpr makes one, and i preordered one already.
The left Waterslide Ramp tends to break, so i must change or repair it in future. But there are no new ramps to buy, as pinballinc makes them not any more.

I see, nothing wrong with leaving them original. That new pf sure is going to be nice. The Monster ramp is on the left and Water Slide is on the right. That German company (can't remember the name) had the Water Slide but the price was really high and the shipping to the US was REALLY high.

#444 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That German company...

Lucky for Flipper-Maniac!

#445 4 years ago

Here are some pictures from my machine.

Some areas of Elviras leg where rubbed away on transport, as the cables from the displays rubbed.

The display units are not original, as i bought it so. There are pinled displays used.
I paid about 1k $ for this machine. Now the prices for a elvira are about 2K $ and higher here in germany. Mine was complete with the manuals in the original bag, also with the backglass modesty decal sticker.

I removed the left mechanic with the two flip up targets for service.

DSC_3958.JPGDSC_3961.JPGDSC_3962.JPG

#446 4 years ago

That looks really nice but that paint loss on her leg has got to piss you off.

#447 4 years ago

Hello,

i did not know, that translites can be damaged like this. It happened on the transport to a
pinball con.
But there is a good alternative from cpr, the backglass looks very nice!
Translites go for 150-200$, the backglass for some $ more, but this mod would be one of the best.

#448 4 years ago

Everyone get your pre-order "promises" in...CPR has the EATPM playfield up on their Request page!

Rob
creditdotpinball.com

#449 4 years ago

Yeah Rob,I took the plunge on the new playfield pre order. At $750.00 it has to be a pin worth that kind of dough . I feel it is, especially after finishing the cabinet work with new decals, Powder coat,new ramps etc. But if your gonna go that far like I did, why stop there right?

Of course I had to get my wife's blessing on the investment,but luckily she plays that pin also, and has said it is among the funnest pins out there when it's dialed in. Boom!(confetti falls)
I will do some playfield touch ups to my old one and try to recoup some of my money back,but will have to learn all the tricks in the the Vid1900 playbook and more for that one I'm sure.

#450 4 years ago

Very happy to see them put up the EATPM playfields. now if they were only done and ready to ship.
Magicchiz

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 18.99
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
£ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys
There are 1182 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 24.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside