(Topic ID: 81677)

Elvira And The Party Monsters club-Monstrous!

By karmalord

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,180 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by mskoenen
  • Topic is favorited by 80 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 416 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

984BBC7E-DECC-496A-AE2A-729104AAF3D7 (resized).jpeg
20190723_161528 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190706-152414 (resized).png
Screenshot_20190706-120230 (resized).png
82AC1D08-D496-43BA-B384-D63623B4CBC3 (resized).jpeg
image95201905109520062595HDR951557540755214 (resized).jpg
image952019051095195133951557540755147 (resized).jpg
pulse-image (resized).jpg
IMG_20190324_174045 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190321_221236 (resized).jpg
deadheads-01 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190406_182132768 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190403_190804972 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190218_221926198 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190218_221942241 (resized).jpg
CPR Backglass 1 (resized).jpg

There are 1180 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 24.
#351 4 years ago

Hey gents,
I got ball swirl marks all over my Elvira. Looking at dropping some $ on a treasure cove kit. Anyone ever use it on an Elvira playfield and if so did it take the ball swirl marks out?
Thanks!

#353 4 years ago
Quoted from MAJRob:

Mine was also missing the flap when I got my pin last week. I bought that same part that Brad mentioned from Marco. I took a hammer and hammered out the pin holding the flap on the new ball gate assembly. I then put the new flap on my old part. It works like a charm I just installed it tonight and I'm stoked.

So you had to buy the whole assy. just to get the flap? Nobody sells the flippin flap seperate ?

#354 4 years ago

I went to install my new CPR backglass and it initially didn't fit. I was able to get it to fit by leaving off the side trim. My original translite glass is 27" wide whereas the new backglass is 27 & 1/8" (as it apparently should be). I emailed with CPR and I appear to be the only one who has reported such a problem. So it looks like my backbox is a smidge narrower than normal. I guess that such variations are not unheard of.

The new glass is still a big improvement as my old translite isn't that nice. But I may want to do something to conceal the side edges of the glass. Maybe a thin strip of black tape applied between the screening and the edge of the glass. Anyone else have to come up with a similar solution for a backglass?

#355 4 years ago

Never had the problem, looks like the black tape is your only option and if it gets worn just pull it off and put on a couple of new strips.

#356 4 years ago

"I went to install my new CPR backglass and it initially didn't fit."

Same problem here. I got so frustrated I started yanking on the sides to spread the backbox and nearly tore the damn thing apart. Result. It's in for now but too tight for my liking. Never thought I'd say that. Sorry Elvira. Maybe it's because I have an import? mm vs. inches? Fit aside the glass is amazing.

#357 4 years ago

My CPR backglass is really tight too. I had to get my full palms on it and really tug down to get it to fit.

#358 4 years ago
Quoted from dannylite:

"I went to install my new CPR backglass and it initially didn't fit."
Same problem here. I got so frustrated I started yanking on the sides to spread the backbox and nearly tore the damn thing apart. Result. It's in for now but too tight for my liking. Never thought I'd say that. Sorry Elvira. Maybe it's because I have an import? mm vs. inches? Fit aside the glass is amazing.

The only real solution for your situation is a router attachment for a Dremel and route out the clearance needed and repaint that area.

#359 4 years ago
Quoted from dannylite:

It's in for now but too tight for my liking. Never thought I'd say that. Sorry Elvira.

Hahahahaha

My backglass fit well.

#360 4 years ago
Quoted from karmalord:

So you had to buy the whole assy. just to get the flap? Nobody sells the flippin flap seperate ?

I think you do have to buy the whole assembly. I have never seen the flap just offered for purchase. I believe the whole assembly is approx. $10...plus shipping of course.

#361 4 years ago
Quoted from Tom_in_NoVA:

Post some pictures once you get it completely shopped!
Best regards,
Tom

Will do Tom. I just LED'd the inserts, GI, and Backbox. I am going to run the treasure cove kit over it to get some ball marks out of it...hopefully. Me, nor my family, can stop playing this game. It really is awesome!

#362 4 years ago

Were boogie men made specifically for Elvira or were they always just generic finger puppets? Shown below are four large boogie men I got from Marco and four small boogie men I got from Bay Area. The small green one on the right is made from a harder plastic and has what looks like a mounting hole in the back of its neck. The other three smaller ones are made from a more supple rubber-like material and are "floppier". Based on what I've read I'm guessing that these three small ones are most like what originally came with the game. Nevertheless, I'll probably stick with the larger ones. I'm partial to that guy on the right with all the eyes. My game currently has a pair of the larger ones, but they're all dingy and missing appendages.

BoogieMen-01.JPG

#364 4 years ago

I picked up the Zombie Finger Puppets which are pretty darn cool!

#365 4 years ago

They don't make the ones that came with it anymore, they were rubberier back in the day, not so hard plastic, so they flopped better. You can still find them on eBay sometimes. I keep a little stash since I have both EATPM and Scared Stiff, and gotta supply them both.

1 week later
#366 4 years ago
Quoted from MAJRob:

I think you do have to buy the whole assembly. I have never seen the flap just offered for purchase. I believe the whole assembly is approx. $10...plus shipping of course.

Found Marco has just the flap/N 01-1354. If yours is broken or missing and you still have the housing,this will work. A must have to prevent ball from landing in BBQ Bonus from ball launch.

#367 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I picked up the Zombie Finger Puppets which are pretty darn cool!

Do you have a pic of those, Ted?

#368 4 years ago

Ted, can you repost the Elvira tassel dance?
Thanks!

#369 4 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

amazon.com link »

#370 4 years ago

Thanks.

#371 4 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Yes, lemme find them...
elvira twirl.gif

#372 4 years ago

here
85469-i.jpg
85467-i.jpg
85468-i.jpg

#374 4 years ago

They ARE pretty cool. I wonder if they're still available somewhere...I'll look...

#376 4 years ago

Set of 5 for 6.25 shipped ain't bad?

#377 4 years ago

There are a BUNCH on Ebay. Put in Zombie Finger Puppets.

1 week later
#378 4 years ago

Ok who else needs a Clear Coated Playfield?

I got the new ramps!

I got the new plastics!

I got the new back glass!

I need a new playfield so I can do this right. Don't want to put all this new stuff on a old playfield that needs restoration. I have heard rumors that PPS was having CPR do some playfields but there is not even a place to get on the list. Does anyone have any other leads on CC Playfields?

#379 4 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

I got the new ramps!
I got the new plastics!
I got the new back glass!
I need a new playfield so I can do this right. Don't want to put all this new stuff on a old playfield that needs restoration. I have heard rumors that PPS was having CPR do some playfields but there is not even a place to get on the list. Does anyone have any other leads on CC Playfields?

Looks like your almost ready to go, how about new decals. No word yet that I've heard, have you looked into having the pf restored and cleared? Would be more expensive but you would probably get it faster then waiting for a repo pf.

Wish I would have gotten the ramp set.

#380 4 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Was a time I was, but waiting sucks, so I just restored and cleared my own PF. Not a HEP or Kruzman, but it's about 1000% better than what I started with, so I'm happy enough.

#381 4 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

I spoke with Rick earlier this week and EATPM playfields are still in the queue. No timeframe for production yet but they *will* be made at some point.

#382 4 years ago

i need a PF also does anyone know where the ramp protectors are in stock? I dont want to install
the new ramps with out them

#383 4 years ago

Proud to find this club! I too am an EATPM Owner. It was my 3rd pinball and my wife's favorite. It needs to be shopped out and has some playfield wear but is still working great! There are so many awesome mods I want to do that you guys listed (Caldron Lights, Lighted boogie men,LED kit, etc.)

It looks great next to my Playboy and Class of 1812. Monsters to the left and naked women to the right with Elvira in the middle...it's a beautiful thing

1 week later
#384 4 years ago

Proud to be a member of the club. Now to move her next to SS for the pair treatment

IMG_20141013_161807 - Copy.jpg
#385 4 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Proud to be a member of the club. Now to move her next to SS for the pair treatment

IMG_20141013_161807 - Copy.jpg 208 KB

Oh you luck dog. What a "pair".

#386 4 years ago

Looking at the picture a couple posts ago. I see there are no red boards under the playfield. Are there different versions of boards. Are the red ones early production?
Magicchiz

#387 4 years ago

Never mind I enlarged the picture and see them now. Its too late im going to bed!
Magicchiz

#388 4 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

No timeframe for production yet but they *will* be made at some point.

Any idea on the price?

#389 4 years ago

Hoping for suggestions how to repair the plunger under the left boogie man. Looks like its snapped right off at the base. If anyone has a spare plunger or knows what part I actually need please let me know. Much appreciated!IMG_20141017_202328 - Copy.jpgIMG_20141017_202417 - Copy.jpg

One other question, I guess some owners upgrade the flipper coils by using a Stern coil that's one level stronger? What coil # are they referring to?

I love this game! And so happy to be a member

#390 4 years ago

Take it off and have it TIG welded, not MIG or wire feed. TIG is very precise welding.

#391 4 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Now to move her next to SS for the pair treatment

Sweet!!

#392 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Take it off and have it TIG welded, not MIG or wire feed. TIG is very precise welding.

ok, thanks MustangPaul. I'll look into doing that.

#393 4 years ago

There is also 2 part epoxy putty that sets up like a rock that may work. You can get it at any hardware or auto parts store.

#394 4 years ago

Epoxy would never take the sheering force that that piece is subjected to.

#395 4 years ago

Because the metal has a crystal structure it will only go back into one position so don't file the 2 surfaces flat and weld.

#396 4 years ago

hobby shops and hardware stores typically have a bin of various sizes & shapes of "project/hobby" metals, take a piece of your broken one with you and find something that matches it - then cut length to fit, re-drill hole, spray paint black & install. prolly cost you $10

i replaced both of mine

#397 4 years ago
Quoted from creepykenny:

hobby shops and hardware stores typically have a bin of various sizes & shapes of "project/hobby" metals, take a piece of your broken one with you and find something that matches it - then cut length to fit, re-drill hole, spray paint black & install. prolly cost you $10
i replaced both of mine

If you've done it before it's doable then. Good call.

#398 4 years ago

good suggestions! creepykenny, what store did you end up getting your replacement piece from? Any pics?
Thanks guys!

#399 4 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Hoping for suggestions how to repair the plunger under the left boogie man. Looks like its snapped right off at the base.

Are you missing the nyliners that line the holes that the plungers go through? I don't see one in your first picture. Might have contributed to the break. Happ sells nyliners, but I don't know the correct size.

#400 4 years ago

iirc, i ended up buying several pieces of the stuff before i found a piece that i felt was better than the original, i purchased both from the local ace hardware and from a local Hobby Town location, then a friend gave me a piece he found somewhere's on the interweb which has a slightly thicker side wall than the original & same diameter - this is what i settled on using.

i don't think you will be able to have the plunger side repaired by tig welding - there are two dissimilar materials involved with the plunger thingy & aluminum tubing, if you can drive out the plunger with some luck you should be able to epoxy it into place in a new piece of tubing

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Radford, VA
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 1180 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 24.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside