(Topic ID: 81677)

Elvira And The Party Monsters club-Monstrous!

By karmalord

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,182 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by mskoenen
  • Topic is favorited by 80 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 416 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

984BBC7E-DECC-496A-AE2A-729104AAF3D7 (resized).jpeg
20190723_161528 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190706-152414 (resized).png
Screenshot_20190706-120230 (resized).png
82AC1D08-D496-43BA-B384-D63623B4CBC3 (resized).jpeg
image95201905109520062595HDR951557540755214 (resized).jpg
image952019051095195133951557540755147 (resized).jpg
pulse-image (resized).jpg
IMG_20190324_174045 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190321_221236 (resized).jpg
deadheads-01 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190406_182132768 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190403_190804972 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190218_221926198 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190218_221942241 (resized).jpg
CPR Backglass 1 (resized).jpg

There are 1182 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 24.
#301 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

How old is your tl and how long did it have incandecent bulbs in it. Did you ever wash or clean the back of the tl?

I believe the translight is original. It's always had incandescent bulbs. I've never cleaned it. It's dirty, but I'm afraid to do anything to it. I'd rather it be dirty and intact than clean and damaged.

#302 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I just wish that guy that made the flickering pot flames would come back on and tell us they are ready for sale.

Yes, please!

#303 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I just wish that guy that made the flickering pot flames would come back on and tell us they are ready for sale. That was soooo cool. I was ready to send him my money.

lol That was me and I'm still working on them. Between summer work and health issues real life sucks at the moment. I'll try and get a few finished up by next weekend.

And thanks for the compliment.

#304 5 years ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

I believe the translight is original. It's always had incandescent bulbs. I've never cleaned it. It's dirty, but I'm afraid to do anything to it. I'd rather it be dirty and intact than clean and damaged.

There's no worries cleaning the back side of a tl, I had to do it with a couple, just used a mild soap and water and the brown gunk came right off and made a big diff in the colors and brightness of the tl. Just do a small spot at first and you will see.

#305 5 years ago

Thanks for responding KoolFingers, I hear ya when you say life got in the way. I hope things are better for you now. Mark me down as wanting one, that is such a great mod. No one else is doing anything like it, it's very unique. Could you post a link to the post you put up with the vid you did of your mod? I'm sure people would love to see it. Thanks.

#307 5 years ago

Kool fingers put me down for one also just PM me when you got them done.
Thanks
Magicchiz

#308 5 years ago

Thanks for posting it in this topic where people can find it. Like you said you were thinking about doing if you could add on to it so it looks like the pot is bubbling that would put it over the top. This is the first bg light mod I've ever seen besides just flashers and led's.

#309 5 years ago

I'm in the club!

Complete overhaul in the works...

image-387.jpg image-799.jpg image-573.jpg image-634.jpg image-167.jpg
#311 5 years ago

For now unless one of the few pins I'm hunting for pops up.

2 weeks later
#312 5 years ago

Back in the club!

I (stupidly) sold my EATPM last fall as part of a package deal and almost instantly regretted it. Even more so because I'm pretty sure when I bought the game 14-15 years ago that I was the second owner and the game had never been routed. I had a chance to buy the game back this spring, but my wife objected strongly as she never liked the game.

Fast forward to a couple weeks ago when Robert Winter put one of his games up for sale that I just had to buy - a beautiful, all original game that, while not HUO, is stunning!

The game arrived today and will soon take its' place between my HUO Haunted House and beautiful Scared Stiff for what my wife (fast becoming an Elvira fan) calls the Halloween trio.

Glad that Elvira is back. Now trying to decide if I should put the CPR backglass in the game or leave it all original.

#313 5 years ago

GREAT story and good to have you back. I'd leave it all original for as long as possible but when things start to show their age and break I hope you can find the parts needed. I wish I would have bought a ramp set.

#314 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

GREAT story and good to have you back. I'd leave it all original for as long as possible but when things start to show their age and break I hope you can find the parts needed. I wish I would have bought a ramp set.

I thought they just re-released the ramp set last month? Are they sold out already?

#315 5 years ago

Yep. Lots of folks unfortunately for those who really need them, folks snag them as some sick investment. That's why you find them at inflated prices on Epay.

#316 5 years ago

So - is anyone replacing a good EATPM translite with a CPR backglass? Or are you keeping the game original?

#317 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

So - is anyone replacing a good EATPM translite with a CPR backglass? Or are you keeping the game original?

I did, but my translite wasn't in very good shape.

#318 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Have you read Aurich's review? It's the second post down.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-new-cpr-backglass-now-available/page/2

Personally, the translite in my HUO game is perfect, so I have no need for one.

#319 5 years ago

I replaced the one in mine. It was in good shape but had a scratch right on her cleavage.

#320 5 years ago
Quoted from mario_1_up:

I replaced the one in mine. It was in good shape but had a scratch right on her cleavage.

Stop rubbing it so hard

#321 5 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Stop rubbing it so hard

That wasn't from rubbing that was from his teeth hitting the glass as he licked.

#322 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I bought the backglass the second it came out, but I've gone back to the original translight. I posted pictures earlier in this thread. Colors are pretty far off compared to the translight. If your translight is isn't in good shape, I'd get it. If your translight is perfect, I'd pass.

#323 5 years ago

Original all the way! The glass is ok but not close to the translite. I bought one from a guy who had four NOS translites the so he is now down to three and should probably go bad to buy another since the glass was a bit of a let down.

#324 5 years ago

My tl was perfect so I passed on the glass also.

#325 5 years ago

Thanks. The translite in my game is fine and I have an NOS one in a light box, so I may just put the backglass in the light box or keep it in the shipping box.

#326 5 years ago

^^^ I think the backglass looks pretty good while it's lit. If I had a light box that was always lit, I'd definitely consider displaying it.

...maybe not if I already had a translight in the light box though

#327 5 years ago

Mistress of the Dark versus Party Monsters

What if any references from the movie made it to the pin? I watched the movie the other day and though I heard a deja vu line similar to one of the speech calls. Also I thought the monster in the cook pot kinda looked like a boogieman.

#328 4 years ago

I am stoked to say I got my hands on one. With a little help from my wife I got her in my basement. Picked it up from a great Pinsider in Northern VA. Now for the fun part...shopping this girl out!! I want to have her perfect in time for Halloween.image-475.jpgimage.jpgimage-856.jpg

#329 4 years ago

Awesome,it looks like you have all you need to make that happen!
In the middle of a cab restore on mine which is taking longer than I planned,but it gives me time to think of a powder coat color . I really want to do a touch up on the worn areas on playfield and pull up the Mylar in favor of an overlay,but EATPM overlays don't exist ,so my plans for the playfield are in limbo at the moment.

#330 4 years ago

I'm really hoping that the Repro Clear Coated Playfields get done soon. With the release of the back glass, Ramps, and Plastics. Hell I don't want to start changing stuff until I get a playfield now. I want to see this baby shine. Come on CPR get at least the "Get in line" up on the web site so I can calm down.
Magicchiz

#333 4 years ago

Day 2 of ownership and I already have a question. Does anyone know where this plastic goes to or have a pic of it on their pin?
Thanks much,
Rob
image.jpg

#334 4 years ago

hopes these help.
image.jpgimage-99.jpg

#335 4 years ago

Thanks Koolfingers! Yes they do. Mine is missing that. Now I just need to configure a way to mount it.
Much appreciated!

#336 4 years ago

If it's the J-A-M plastic your missing, make sure to add a clear protector for it when you get one.It is one of the most common plastic pieces to get broken on this pin. Blob plastic also.

#337 4 years ago

Thanks guys. I can see why it gets busted up. I have inly been playing it a day and have already thrown a few air balls that way. I have the protector for it and will adjust my flipper rubber to preserve it.
Appreciate it!

#338 4 years ago

Alright I have another question, does anyone have any idea where this plastic goes to on Elvira??
Thanks!!

image.jpg

#339 4 years ago

It's in the picture four posts up on the J-A-M plastic!

Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

#340 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

It's in the picture four posts up!
Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

Yeah it's a double layer plastic.

#341 4 years ago

Duh! I see it now! Gotcha, thanks again

#342 4 years ago

Just to give an update on the ball gate that is missing from a lot of the Elvira machines.

The gate that is supposed to be on the machine is not available anywhere.
Elvira Ball gate 1.jpg

You can get by with this part from Marco. A13101-1.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=a-13101

Although the holes are on the left you can bend your flap enough to make it work. I have had this one on my machine for about a year or so and it works great.
Elvira ball gate 2.jpg

#343 4 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

Just to give an update on the ball gate that is missing from a lot of the Elvira machines.

Although the holes are on the left you can bend your flap enough to make it work. I have had this one on my machine for about a year or so and it works great.

Elvira Ball gate 1.jpg 5 KB

Elvira ball gate 2.jpg 6 KB

Thanks for the info. Mine is there so I'm one of the lucky ones.

#344 4 years ago

I have the gate but the flap is broke off. Which flap will work in this gate?

#345 4 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

Elvira Ball gate 1.jpg 5 KB

Elvira ball gate 2.jpg 6 KB

Does it come with the flap?

Mine is missing this gate.

Why are so many missing?

#346 4 years ago

Mine was also missing the flap when I got my pin last week. I bought that same part that Brad mentioned from Marco. I took a hammer and hammered out the pin holding the flap on the new ball gate assembly. I then put the new flap on my old part. It works like a charm I just installed it tonight and I'm stoked.

#347 4 years ago
Quoted from MAJRob:

Mine was also missing the flap when I got my pin last week. I bought that same part that Brad mentioned from Marco. I took a hammer and hammered out the pin holding the flap on the new ball gate assembly. I then put the new flap on my old part. It works like a charm I just installed it tonight and I'm stoked.

Great news, it must have played pretty funky without the flap there.

#348 4 years ago

I kept shooting it straight into the BBQ/boogie monster hole when I launched the ball. Much better now playing the way it should.

#349 4 years ago
Quoted from MAJRob:

I kept shooting it straight into the BBQ/boogie monster hole when I launched the ball. Much better now playing the way it should.

Post some pictures once you get it completely shopped!

Best regards,

Tom

#350 4 years ago
Quoted from MAJRob:

I would think so.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Radford, VA
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
£ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys
$ 399.95
There are 1182 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 24.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside