(Topic ID: 81677)

Elvira And The Party Monsters club-Monstrous!

By karmalord

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,311 posts
  • 261 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by pyrotech
  • Topic is favorited by 124 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Eyeball_close_1024x1024@2x (resized).jpg
20240414_155259.jpg
IMG_0328 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1494 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1496 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1495 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1502 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1501 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1500 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0226 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0208 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0209 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9281 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,311 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 47.
#251 9 years ago

I just made a thread to talk about Comet's new ice blue LED here:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/comets-new-ice-blue-led-is-awesome

The whole reason I wanted it was for the blue bottle insert in front of the party ramp, and it works great there, keeps it the light blue it should be instead of the overly saturated fake looking blue a normal blue LED was giving me. Might want to check it out.

#252 9 years ago

Here it is,I didn't even realize that was there,lol drop target guard.jpgdrop target guard.jpg

#253 9 years ago

Probably wouldn't be too tough to make this if you can't find one.

#254 9 years ago

So I'm assuming the wire is stock/ Factory and the posts are not. Can anyone else chime in and check their machines to see.
Thanks
magicchiz

#255 9 years ago

Mine has the wire too. No posts.

#257 9 years ago

My game was routed hard before I restored it, wouldn't be shocked at all to find out what I have there isn't factory. It looks fine and it works, so not concerned either way.

#258 9 years ago

The three flashers behind Elvira on the translight don't light very bright in the solenoid test or in play. Is this normal? They're Solenoid 9.

#259 9 years ago

Finally got my ramps ordered from James today,woot! will be an awesome upgrade to my playfield indeed.
I am now faced with the decision of either taking mylar off playfield and clearcoating or just leave it alone. It is lifting slightly in spots on some inserts an slighly dirty around edges but otherwise not too bad,but I want awesome!
Looked at all the overlays Bay Area had,but Elvira isn't one of them. That would work also.

#260 9 years ago

Just finished lighting up the boogie men. It is a really simple thing to do and cheap.
In case you are interested you need two Pop Bumper lamp socket, 12" insulated stranded wire leads.

Here are some pictures of the modification.
After soldering the sockets in parallel and attaching 18" of connecting wire and alligator clips,
the sockets are inserted into the tubes from the top. Bend the wires up over the top and then down the back. Secure it with some black tape.
IMG_7806.JPGIMG_7806.JPG

I put some 3/4 inch shrink tubing over the wire and tubes and added a plastic clip to hold the wires in place on the playfield.
IMG_7807.JPGIMG_7807.JPG

I ran the alligator clips and wire down through the hole just behind the boogie men. The clips are hooked to one of the 44/47 bulbs in the boogie man area.
IMG_7809.JPGIMG_7809.JPG

The boogie men need to be the translucent ones that are being sold at various places as replacements. I use these boogie men on both Scared Stiff and EATPM (I lit the SS boogie men so they fire when the slings are hit).
Here is how they look on Elvira. It really draws attention to them and helps light a dark area.
IMG_7811.JPGIMG_7811.JPG
IMG_7812.JPGIMG_7812.JPG

#261 9 years ago
Quoted from PittPin:

Just finished lighting up the boogie men. It is a really simple thing to do and cheap.
In case you are interested you need two Pop Bumper lamp socket, 12" insulated stranded wire leads.

This is awesome and going on my "to do" list. After i get them functioning properly.....

#262 9 years ago

That looks pretty darn nice. May have to do that down the road when the new ramps go in. Nice job..

#263 9 years ago
Quoted from PittPin:

Just finished lighting up the boogie men.

Nice mod!

#264 9 years ago
Quoted from karmalord:

I am now faced with the decision of either taking mylar off playfield and clearcoating or just leave it alone.

Don't forget, repro playfields are coming...

#265 9 years ago
Quoted from PittPin:

I ran the alligator clips and wire down through the hole just behind the boogie men. The clips are hooked to one of the 44/47 bulbs in the boogie man area.

I hope you're planning on soldering them permanently. I would hate to see those alligator clips get loose and short on something. LOVE the mod

#266 9 years ago

Would be into doing that if they only lit when it's time for them to boogie. Anyone know the way to do that?

Quoted from RobertWinter:

They sound inviting indeed,but I would like to try my hand at bringing one back to life . I have mine all torn apart right now down to the bare cabinet sanding and filling away.

#267 9 years ago

Outstanding light mod, should have been that way from the factory.

#268 9 years ago

Is the EATPM coin door matte or glossy? What about the factory legs?

Mine looks matte but I can't tell if it should be that way.

#270 9 years ago
Quoted from karmalord:

Would be into doing that if they only lit when it's time for them to boogie. Anyone know the way to do that?

They sound inviting indeed,but I would like to try my hand at bringing one back to life . I have mine all torn apart right now down to the bare cabinet sanding and filling away.

Yes. It's doable. I added flashers in that area that are tied to the lights that flash when the boogie men go. You just have to be sure they are 12 volt bulbs if they are tied to the flashers, not 44/47's those are 6.3 volts.

#271 9 years ago

Yeah, that sounds doable
Will give that a try once my machine is back together. She is getting a cabinet restore job right now.
Hard to say which would look better, on all the time or flash dancing.

#272 9 years ago
Quoted from karmalord:

Hard to say which would look better, on all the time or flash dancing.

Flash dancing would be better IMO. Can't wait to light mine up. Great idea

#273 9 years ago

I just got my new ramps from James the other day and I'm going to attempt to install them. At the same time, I'm thinking of removing a good amount of the playfield to give her a much needed cleaning. But I've never done this before to any machine. Does anyone have any pictures/notes of when they stripped their EATPM? I'm terrified that I'll miss something or not put something back where it belongs. Or if anyone has any tips/tricks I'd welcome that, too. My main concern is how to remove the Monster Slide ramp. I forget what I was doing, but once upon a time I was trying to repair something and I thought "I'll take this ramp off to make it easier" but I couldn't figure out how to get to the backside where the two pieces of the Monster Slide connect behind the playfield. So, yeah, can any of you nice people help an ignorant owner out?

Also, I'm going to try and get one of the new playfields when those come out. Do you think it would be more practical to wait to do this until I get my hands on that? I'm not sure what the timeline is on when those new playfields are expected to appear, though. Does anyone have more info?

#274 9 years ago
Quoted from mskoenen:

So, yeah, can any of you nice people help an ignorant owner out?

I've completely stripped an Elvira playfield bare and put it back together, and here's what I can tell you:

Take more pictures than I did!

I would look at my photos as I was putting it back together and think, man, why didn't I take a few angles of this one, I can't see [x] in this shot?

It's not too bad, I managed, but would have made my life much easier. It's some work, if you hate doing this kind of thing you could wait for the new playfields. But it's not that much work, and if you find taking things apart and putting the back together fun you'll enjoy it. Who knows when those playfields are coming, could be years still. Or months. Years seems more likely.

I was touching up and clearcoating, I needed every bit gone. For just cleaning you won't have to go that hardcore, can leave a lot intact.

#275 9 years ago

Just did a full teardown last summer on mine. EATPM was my 1st full job. Didn't think it was all that bad. Took lots of pictures and made a list in order of what I did and reversed it when I put it all back together. One thing I do remember that I missed when tearing down was which went back on 1st, the habitrail from the vuk to the sling, or the Monster Slide ramp? I remember it all being a tight fit. I wouldn't wait for the playfields. It's gonna be awhile. This is good practice anyways. I may still have some pictures of the teardown.

#276 9 years ago

Thanks, guys! This is normally something I enjoy, I just don't want to break anything . I'll just have to do what I did in college; take, then ignore, copious notes.

#277 9 years ago

Got the new ramps from James also. One has a bent flap,but hopefully I can bend it straight. If not I do have a dremel and the third hand rivet tool if needed,just happy to finally get them! Mine is stripped all the way down to the bare wood on the cab getting ready for new decals,so I have some time.
You think doing a playfield is work,wait til you have a go at stripping all the wiring,electronics decals etc,from the the back box and cab and undertake the sanding filling sanding process,then painting and applying new decals and putting everything back together again successfully,whew! My level of success is yet to be determined as I'm a ways off yet.
Pondering thoughts of Powder coating etc,but can't wait to get those new ramps on! Playfield is on a rotisserie I built just waiting as that is stage 2 of my planned overhaul down the not too distant road. I will install it back in before I do that to check everything for operation. All new to me as well. I did take many pics of my undertaking and hope it pays off as Aurich said you can't have too many,and I hope I took enough.

#278 9 years ago

Recent Ebay score. I won't apply the modesty decal, but it's cool to have it.

IMG_0884.JPGIMG_0884.JPG

IMG_0885.JPGIMG_0885.JPG

#280 9 years ago

Good find, especially the modesty decal, never seen one before.

#281 9 years ago
Quoted from PittPin:

Just finished lighting up the boogie men

Excellent mod.

1 week later
#282 9 years ago

Does anyone happen to have an extra JAM plastic or an extra boogie man plastic they are interested in selling. I don't need the cauldron or the organ player, but my JAM is broken and my boogie men plastic is warped. If so PM me. Thanks.

#283 9 years ago
Quoted from elevatedreality:

my boogie men plastic is warped.

Have you tried flattening it?

#284 9 years ago

Does anyone happen to have an extra JAM plastic or an extra boogie man plastic

If you don't want to buy the whole set, order from here:
http://www.pinballcenter.eu/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=elvira+plastic&x=0&y=0&search_in_description=1

#285 9 years ago

Does anyone happen to have an extra JAM plastic or an extra boogie man plastic they are interested in selling. I don't need the cauldron or the organ player, but my JAM is broken and my boogie men plastic is warped. If so PM me. Thanks.

I may have both. If you still are looking for them, LMK and i'll check tonight.

#286 9 years ago

Here's a few pictures of what I have if interested. Colors are vibrant, much better than the pics indicate. Not perfect, but maybe better than yours. 20140707_160515.jpg20140707_160515.jpg20140707_160536.jpg20140707_160536.jpg20140707_160505.jpg20140707_160505.jpg20140707_160451.jpg20140707_160451.jpg

1 week later
#287 9 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I hope you're planning on soldering them permanently. I would hate to see those alligator clips get loose and short on something. LOVE the mod

Took your advice and solder it, then went to my TAF and soldered four mods I had in there. Thanks.

#288 9 years ago

Have any of you ever removed the speaker panel from the backbox on EATPM? I want to add some speaker lighting. Can it be removed by just removing the screws on the top and underneath it? Just thought I'd ask before I started messing with it.

#289 9 years ago

I did a Bugs Bunny, it's the same set up. Take all the screws off the top of the marquee and the underside. You will have a 2 pin Molex connector for the speakers and a ground.

1 week later
#290 9 years ago
Quoted from Patofnaud:

I did a Bugs Bunny, it's the same set up. Take all the screws off the top of the marquee and the underside. You will have a 2 pin Molex connector for the speakers and a ground.

Do you remember if the screw were "star" screws with a pin in the middle of the star? Is there a special driver head for removing these screws? I am guessing they are some type of security screw head. None of my standard driver heads work.

#291 9 years ago
Quoted from PittPin:

Do you remember if the screw were "star" screws with a pin in the middle of the star? Is there a special driver head for removing these screws? I am guessing they are some type of security screw head. None of my standard driver heads work.

Yes those are Security head screws, you can get a set of bits at Harbor Freight or Home Depot. They are not needed very often but when you need um ya need um. One of those kinds of tools.

#292 9 years ago

I just got the new CPR backglass conversion. Here's pictures.

The light bleeding from the side of the backglass is likely because I don't have the trim channels installed. I had spare bottom and top channels, but didn't have any spare Bally-sized side channels.

Translight (left) Backglass (right)Translight (left) Backglass (right)
TranslightTranslight
BackglassBackglass
TranslightTranslight
BackglassBackglass
TranslightTranslight
BackglassBackglass
TranslightTranslight
BackglassBackglass

#293 9 years ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

I just got the new CPR backglass conversion.

Damn that was fast. I ordered mine the morning they came out and I won't get it until the middle of next week.

Thanks for the pics, how do you like it?

#294 9 years ago

Only thing I see that I dont think I like is the mirror Drac teeth.

#295 9 years ago

If your translight is screwed up, or if you don't have an EATPM and just want a glass, then it's a great solution.

I think Stu did a great job on the mirroring. The art wasn't designed for it, so it's not very prevalent, but it looks good where he used it and doesn't look out of place.

One unexpected benefit of the backglass conversion is a big reduction in reflection off the backglass. You can see from my pictures how the translight reflects the room, but the backglass doesn't. That's nice.

CPR shipped super quick and packed it really well. This is my first purchase from them and it definitely won't be my last.

My only complaint is that the colors look off when the glass isn't lit. Lots of the subtle color differences were lost in the conversion. The most obvious difference is how washed out Elvira's skin tone looks. Everything looks pretty good when the machine is on and the glass is lit, so maybe that's how it was intended to be, but the difference in colors is very noticeable when the machine is off. I wouldn't care if I didn't have an original translight in good shape, but since my translight is perfect, I think I'll stick with the original.

#296 9 years ago

I've heard repro playfields are coming too and that pinball inc. is supposedly going to be doing the ramp set, but so far... nothing. Not even a clue. Anyone know what's really happening?

#297 9 years ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

I just got the new CPR backglass conversion. Here's pictures.
The light bleeding from the side of the backglass is likely because I don't have the trim channels installed. I had spare bottom and top channels, but didn't have any spare Bally-sized side channels.
Translight (left) Backglass (right)
Translight
Backglass
Translight
Backglass
Translight
Backglass
Translight
Backglass

t_IMG_0892.jpg 45 KB

t_IMG_0893.jpg 55 KB

t_IMG_0894.jpg 50 KB

t_IMG_0896.jpg 59 KB

t_IMG_0898.jpg 63 KB

t_IMG_0901.jpg 57 KB

t_IMG_0903.jpg 55 KB

t_IMG_0904.jpg 53 KB

t_IMG_0905.jpg 56 KB

How old is your tl and how long did it have incandecent bulbs in it. Did you ever wash or clean the back of the tl?

#298 9 years ago
Quoted from lasermel:

I've heard repro playfields are coming too and that pinball inc. is supposedly going to be doing the ramp set, but so far... nothing. Not even a clue. Anyone know what's really happening?

Ramps were done already by PinballInc and gone. I do believe there are a few at some vendors. And someone on eBay is charging a good bit more then they had cost for a set.

I wish it was soon!

#299 9 years ago

I have a new plastic set, new ramps and my translite is still like new, but kicking around the idea of the new backglass. All I need now is a new playfield! We love our Elvira!

IMG_1101.JPGIMG_1101.JPG

Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

#300 9 years ago

I just wish that guy that made the flickering pot flames would come back on and tell us they are ready for sale. That was soooo cool. I was ready to send him my money.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

£ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.95
$ 70.00
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 49.99
£ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Towson, MD
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,311 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-and-the-party-monsters-club-monsterous/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.