(Topic ID: 81677)

Elvira And The Party Monsters club-Monstrous!

By karmalord

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,203 posts
  • 166 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by MMGB
  • Topic is favorited by 86 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 421 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

lock-02 (resized).jpg
lock-01 (resized).jpg
EATPM Lock (resized).jpg
elvira pf parts 002 (resized).JPG
elvira pf parts 001 (resized).JPG
984BBC7E-DECC-496A-AE2A-729104AAF3D7 (resized).jpeg
20190723_161528 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190706-152414 (resized).png
Screenshot_20190706-120230 (resized).png
82AC1D08-D496-43BA-B384-D63623B4CBC3 (resized).jpeg
image95201905109520062595HDR951557540755214 (resized).jpg
image952019051095195133951557540755147 (resized).jpg
pulse-image (resized).jpg
IMG_20190324_174045 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190321_221236 (resized).jpg
deadheads-01 (resized).jpg

There are 1203 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 25.
#151 5 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

Here's commitment. Just days after getting a plate put in her wrist after breaking her arm, my girlfriend is back on Elvira.

IMG_20140312_184853_379.jpg 133 KB

That IS commitment. Does she smoke your a$$ on that pin Brad??

#152 5 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

That IS commitment. Does she smoke your a$$ on that pin Brad??

Not yet. She hasn't really had much practice on it yet. Her arm has been broken since I got it running. It keeps draining on her and she can't bump the machine. It is pretty funny.

She did smoke me on Terminator 2 last night. Though....

#153 5 years ago

Does anybody have any inside information if anybody is working on a playfield, backglass, plastics, and ramps. I would really like to start collecting the pieces for a restore. Elvira is the oldest in my collection and would love to give her the attention she needs.
Magicchiz

#154 5 years ago

The plastics were done by CPR but have since been sold out there and pretty much everywhere else too. PinballInc is suppose to be making the ramps here soon *cough cough.. James.* In this thread about it half way down he mentions them http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-inc-cyclone-comet-ramp-finally-back-in-stock
As for everything else I'm not sure.

#155 5 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Does anybody have any inside information if anybody is working on a playfield, backglass, plastics, and ramps. I would really like to start collecting the pieces for a restore. Elvira is the oldest in my collection and would love to give her the attention she needs.
Magicchiz

CPR is about to release a mirrored backglass conversion for EATPM, which doesn't come with a backglass stock, it's a translite. They already did plastics, if you look around you can probably still find them, check eBay if the usual places are out of stock. Ramps I can't speak to.

#156 5 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

my girlfriend is back on Elvira

I wish mine was!

#157 5 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Magicchiz

I currently have some of the plastics leftover from her "restore" months ago. LMK if there are any in particular your looking for right now. I do not have the Cyclops plastic.

#158 5 years ago

Scans are your best hope these days. Made Cyclops and JAM/BLOB protectors myself.

#159 5 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Magicchiz

Have to say there hasn't been a lot of Elvira love from the Decal,Ramp,plastics makers lately. Just received a message back from Joey and decals for cabinet aren't happening for at least another 3-5 (PPS) weeks.
James at Pinball Inc.has mentioned Ramps are in the works,and the Pinball world is at his mercy for anything Ramp related- a ludicrous but well known fact.
We In a dying hobby of prices driven by Doctors, Lawyers,and other 5-6 figure Yuppies grasping the muse of their childhood as the closest thing to the fountain of youth, must be patient in our passion to preserve,restore then feed this hunger.

#160 5 years ago

Here's a few pics of my Eatpm in Queensland, Australia.

It took me over 3 years to find her. I've recently added some custom Neon Green plastics.P1020295.JPGP1010946.JPGP1010977.JPG

#161 5 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Does anybody have any inside information if anybody is working on a playfield, backglass, plastics, and ramps.

As stated, CPR did plastics. If you find a set, make sure it's from their second run, which had the correct fluorescent green color. Their first run had a darkish green that looked horrendous (no pun intended).

Aurich had the info about the backglass.

PPS is releasing a repro playfield sometime this year, or so I've been told by them. They used my NOS playfield for reference.

And hopefully, James at Pinball Inc will be doing the much needed ramps.

#162 5 years ago

Very nice V8racefan, Cool to see what people are coming up with from down under!

#163 5 years ago

Wooo, that must look wicked under black light. Nice job.

#164 5 years ago

Ok. I FINALLY fixed my multiball issue. Some may have seen my other posts about the ball not shooting over the wall and landing the ball in the pop bumper area consistently. I took some windings off my coil to beef it up and that got me the ball in that area about 80-90% of the time, but I could tell something still wasn't right. Here's what the real problem was:

The nuts that were holding the plastic were high enough that the ball would hit the nuts and bounce the ball up into the overhead ramp or back into the lane down the middle.

I switched from posts with nuts on top, to screws and now there is nothing in the way except the rounded screw head. Bingo. Not sure if these posts were originally posts with nuts or just screws.

Hope this helps someone else who may be having a similar problem.
IMG_20140313_180911_752.jpg
IMG_20140313_181259_017.jpg
IMG_20140313_181433_344.jpg

#165 5 years ago

I have no pics but I am going to look at one this week. What are the price ranges these go for I have no clue. In pretty decent shape only what the guy told me and we all know how that can be. What defects or problem areas do I need to look for on this game? From what he tells me the machine is in pretty good shape but needs a shop job which is not a problem. Just looking for the range here so I know how much to offer him.

Thanks

#166 5 years ago

Ramps and plastics are pretty important. They are both very hard to find. Wear in the BAT area is common. Without details and pics? Price can range anywhere from say 1500 to 2500 and up pending condition. Worth every penny IMO

#167 5 years ago
Quoted from Kawasakiltd:

I have no pics but I am going to look at one this week. What are the price ranges these go for I have no clue. In pretty decent shape only what the guy told me and we all know how that can be. What defects or problem areas do I need to look for on this game? From what he tells me the machine is in pretty good shape but needs a shop job which is not a problem. Just looking for the range here so I know how much to offer him.
Thanks

Here you go:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-to-look-for-on-a-elvira-eatpm

If not fully restored and you know it's not-don't pay over $2,000.00 -try for less than that.

#168 5 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

Ok. I FINALLY fixed my multiball issue. Some may have seen my other posts about the ball not shooting over the wall and landing the ball in the pop bumper area consistently. I took some windings off my coil to beef it up and that got me the ball in that area about 80-90% of the time, but I could tell something still wasn't right. Here's what the real problem was:
The nuts that were holding the plastic were high enough that the ball would hit the nuts and bounce the ball up into the overhead ramp or back into the lane down the middle.
I switched from posts with nuts on top, to screws and now there is nothing in the way except the rounded screw head. Bingo. Not sure if these posts were originally posts with nuts or just screws.
Hope this helps someone else who may be having a similar problem.

IMG_20140313_180911_752.jpg 149 KB

IMG_20140313_181259_017.jpg 226 KB

IMG_20140313_181433_344.jpg 174 KB

Glade you got it fixed. You think that's strange look what I found on that plastic when I bought my game. I have no idea where it goes.

EATPM metal 1.JPG EATPM metal 2.JPG
#169 5 years ago

Thanks for the advice I will look it over really good before I make an offer and I will post picks if I decided to buy it.

#170 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Glade you got it fixed. You think that's strange look what I found on that plastic when I bought my game. I have no idea where it goes.

EATPM metal 1.JPG 67 KB

EATPM metal 2.JPG 220 KB

What the bleep is that?????

#171 5 years ago

That metal piece goes in between the alphanumeric displays in the backbox, but if you've upgraded them to LED boards you don't need it anymore.

#172 5 years ago

Like that? It holds the displays away from the tl rite?

EATPM metal 3.JPG
#173 5 years ago

I took mine off and didn't replace it when I went LEDs since my original displays were outgassing, so I can't remember exactly, but yeah, that looks about right. I dunno if it's really necessary.

#174 5 years ago

Can't say it's really needed, if anything if it comes into contact with the tl it would be a ware point. I'll leave it off and put a tag on it and put it in my Elvira parts box. Thanks Aurich.

#175 5 years ago

I had the same reaction when I was putting my game back together after I restored and clearcoated the playfield. WTF is this? Took me a bit to remember.

#176 5 years ago

Just wanted to say hi! I also am a proud owner of an EATPM, my first and only pin so far.. Have cleaned it up, installed LEDs, and the Bone Flippers from Scared Stiff I think it looks great so far. Happy to see someone had started up a group for this pin!

#177 5 years ago

Welcome Sprocket,
Feel free to post any pics or problems you may have,or the adventure you had finding her and getting her home safely!

#178 5 years ago

Been working on the girl today and this is what I have done. And with 2 red flex on the flipper buttons they are REALLY bright.

IMGA0847.JPG
IMGA0837.JPG
IMGA0849.JPG
IMGA0851.JPG
IMGA0852.JPG
IMGA0853.JPG
IMGA0854.JPG
IMGA0855.JPG

#179 5 years ago

Cool! interested in how those flipper buttons look from the outside lit up

#180 5 years ago
Quoted from karmalord:

Cool! interested in how those flipper buttons look from the outside lit up

It's to intense of a light for my camera, it looks like a white blob with a red fringe. Trust me they are BRIGHT red.

#181 5 years ago

@mustangpaul. Love the light in the barbeque hole! I am going to do that for sure. Did you hook the light to the GI or does it come on with the BBQ served light?

#182 5 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

@mustangpaul. Love the light in the barbeque hole! I am going to do that for sure. Did you hook the light to the GI or does it come on with the BBQ served light?

Hooked up to a near buy GI, my thinking is that being lit all the time it gives you something you can see to shoot for. I tried putting the light up into the hole further but got a nasty reflection of bright red light, it was bouncing off the thickness of the pf so I pulled the bulb out until it lit the hole evenly with no reflection off the pf. I may pull it out further to soften the light more.

1 week later
#183 5 years ago

In case anyone missed the recent Elvira news heres another bump for that. New plastics were announced today by CPR.
http://classicplayfields.com/store-plastics.html

Get em while they're hot!

#184 5 years ago

Man... EATPM is my grail... Would love to pick one up in a few months after the finances recover. Will definitely pick up the backglass and probably the plastics.

Am I the only one buying parts to a game I don't own?

#185 5 years ago
Quoted from karmalord:

In case anyone missed the recent Elvira news heres another bump for that. New plastics were announced today by CPR

And I just spent $50 on 3 plastics from Germany (pinballcenter).. Son of a! Someone queue the alanis morissette song

#186 5 years ago

A coordinated effort between manufactures on a particular release on decals,ramps,and plastics.
I realize that this doesn't happen, and the interest may be low on their part,but it should be possible for suppliers to all agree on a group of titles to work on simultaneously, allowing folks to get their machines better restored.
Release dates could be more on target,and the guess work reduced or eliminated on the buyers side.

#187 5 years ago
Quoted from karmalord:

suppliers to all agree on a group of titles to work on simultaneously

Blasphemy

#188 5 years ago

I am a proud owner of an EATPM machine. It's the only machine I own right now, while I slowly save up for a new machine. My wife and I love it. I would like to get the topper some day. I have red powder coated legs and rails on mine. We play it more than I ever thought we would. I'll post pics when I get home from work. You can see a few on an older thread on my profile.

#189 5 years ago

Nice for you to join us. How much room do you have for new games?

#190 5 years ago

I would love to have at least two more pins, and eventually get a house with a walkout basement to add some more! here is a quick pick of my baby!

IMG_1794.jpg
#192 5 years ago

I got my custom sideboard decals. PM me if you're interested in some:
EATPM_sideboard_decal.jpg

#193 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Those look great

EATPM_sideboard_decal.jpg 41 KB

#194 5 years ago
Quoted from erczilla:

I would love to have at least two more pins, and eventually get a house with a walkout basement to add some more! here is a quick pick of my baby!

IMG_1794.jpg 131 KB

I like the red . I'm not much for going off the beaten path on powder coat but that is an exception to the rule.

#195 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Those look nice. If I didn't have mirror blades, I'd be in for a set.

#196 5 years ago

Love the EATPM hangout you have created here! I'm a hopeful owner. This game is the last of my grail pins I'm trying to track down. There is one on location at a pizza dive near me in Hamilton, Ontario,Canada....but it plays pretty rough. Only one pop works, slings are out, weak flippers, etc. Tried to buy it for a restore, to no avail. So my search continues...

If anyone has leads or decides to sell their EATPM, please PM me. Located near Toronto, Canada, but willing to drive a reasonable distance for pickup. I'll be at Allentown 2014, too.

Thanks, and I'll be sure to keep the thread updated on the progress of my search! Keep the pics coming!

#197 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

PM sent.

#198 5 years ago
Quoted from spiroagnew:

Love the EATPM hangout you have created here! I'm a hopeful owner. This game is the last of my grail pins I'm trying to track down. There is one on location at a pizza dive near me in Hamilton, Ontario,Canada....but it plays pretty rough. Only one pop works, slings are out, weak flippers, etc. Tried to buy it for a restore, to no avail. So my search continues...
If anyone has leads or decides to sell their EATPM, please PM me. Located near Toronto, Canada, but willing to drive a reasonable distance for pickup. I'll be at Allentown 2014, too.
Thanks, and I'll be sure to keep the thread updated on the progress of my search! Keep the pics coming!

Hope ya find one...my girl isn't going anywhere.

#199 5 years ago
Quoted from erczilla:

IMG_1794.jpg 131 KB

Here's an easy light mod you can do. Gives ya something to shoot for.

IMGA0849.JPG IMGA0837.JPG
1 week later
#200 5 years ago

I'm happy to say that I have officially joined the EATPM club.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
There are 1203 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 25.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside