(Topic ID: 81677)

Elvira And The Party Monsters club-Monstrous!

By karmalord

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1494 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1496 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1495 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1502 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1501 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1500 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0226 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0208 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0209 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9281 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0206 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

There are 2,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 46.
#1551 2 years ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

So, are the yellow carrot flippers better for this game? Those are a bit longer than traditional flipper bats, correct?

I don't know if they're better, but they're definitely the original equipment.

Eye-balling, looks like they might be 1/16" longer than normal Williams bats--at least judging by the ones that I have in my stash. They look longer than that at first because the shaft-side of the flipper extends further past the shaft, closer to the flipper return guide, but when you line them up shaft-to-shaft, the part of the bat that makes contact with the ball is just a tad longer.
Bally-style carrot flippers vs. WilliamsBally-style carrot flippers vs. Williams

JeffZee posted the patent documentation for the Bally-style "carrot" flippers on his site. Pretty cool. I always thought the marks were just for aesthetics, but they're intended to help the player aim their shots.
http://www.jeff-z.com/pinball/eatpm/pics/pics.html

Patent documentation describes how "increased length and height of the flipper...along with the substantially vertical draft angle provides greater player control of the ball." The Bally-style flippers are definitely taller than Williams flippers by about 1/8". Maybe 1/16" longer once installed. I don't see any difference in angle though.

#1552 2 years ago

The folks at the Ghostbusters club have experimented with the longer carrot flippers in hopes of reducing drains, but it is not original equipment on GB. If Elvira did indeed come with these carrot flippers, then I would imagine the geometry of the game is set up for them. There is no ball save on this game, so I'll take any help in reducing some of these drains, LOL. Great game either way...

#1553 2 years ago

Does anyone know the part number for these slightly larger, carrot style flippers?

#1556 2 years ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

I don't know if they're better, but they're definitely the original equipment.
Eye-balling, looks like they might be 1/16" longer than normal Williams bats--at least judging by the ones that I have in my stash. They look longer than that at first because the shaft-side of the flipper extends further past the shaft, closer to the flipper return guide, but when you line them up shaft-to-shaft, the part of the bat that makes contact with the ball is just a tad longer.
[quoted image]
JeffZee posted the patent documentation for the Bally-style "carrot" flippers on his site. Pretty cool. I always thought the marks were just for aesthetics, but they're intended to help the player aim their shots.
http://www.jeff-z.com/pinball/eatpm/pics/pics.html
Patent documentation describes how "increased length and height of the flipper...along with the substantially vertical draft angle provides greater player control of the ball." The Bally-style flippers are definitely taller than Williams flippers by about 1/8". Maybe 1/16" longer once installed. I don't see any difference in angle though.

Well, how about that. I just assumed they were standard length. Now I'm debating about putting originals on my machine. If they're 1/16" longer, that's a total of 1/8" gap reduction. Not as drastic as lightning flippers, but still a decent difference.

#1557 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Well, how about that. I just assumed they were standard length. Now I'm debating about putting originals on my machine. If they're 1/16" longer, that's a total of 1/8" gap reduction. Not as drastic as lightning flippers, but still a decent difference.

I have Bony Flippers on mine because they look good on all the Elvira Machines. Never checked the gap difference, though.

#1558 2 years ago

Games like BSD and fishtales that used lighting flippers were not meant to do so. The designers themselves have said the lighting flippers were implemented to reduce ball time.

I doubt the carrot flippers were implemented on Elvira to increase ball time, so I’m thinking they were there from a design stand point. I’m not having problems on the angles of my shots with standard bats, but if I can reduce that gap I’m all for it. I noticed on kyles video that he was able to save a few drains just by the tip of the flipper, where I was thinking he was for sure going to drain. Not taking anything from Kyle, he played well.

#1559 2 years ago

Hey guys,

I'm noticing that certain speech on my Elvira is very dim. Primarily the speech from Dracula. Does anyone know what sound rom that is associated with? Maybe it needs to be reseated.

#1560 2 years ago

Finally got the back board decals printed. They are high quality air-lock 3M vinyl and couldn’t be happier with finished product. Art is spot on with several corrections made from previous decal purchased. If interested PM me. Working on apron art now!

AA2EC9F4-4085-4618-9B0E-3AD61F7ED8A4 (resized).jpegAA2EC9F4-4085-4618-9B0E-3AD61F7ED8A4 (resized).jpeg
#1561 2 years ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Finally got the back board decals printed. They are high quality air-lock 3M vinyl and couldn’t be happier with finished product. Art is spot on with several corrections made from previous decal purchased. If interested PM me. Working on apron art now!
[quoted image]

Awesome work!

#1562 2 years ago

Getting there, but I believe this Green was UV ink silk screened originally!? Trying to match is quite a challenge but not raising the white flag just yet. The previously purchased decal at the top pic. Substantial improvement already, keep you posted.

28E92121-9C26-400E-92E6-5E9A811F00F4 (resized).jpeg28E92121-9C26-400E-92E6-5E9A811F00F4 (resized).jpeg
#1563 2 years ago

Before (previously purchased) and after. The bats got their wings back, added a hole for the Party Punch LED and just overall color improvement.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1564 2 years ago

Besides some other overdue upgrades, our EATPM pins could definitely benefit from Cliffy’s. Trough feed, shooter lane, party punch upkick and most of all boogie men upkick. In speaking with Cliff, he would completely be into creating these for all of us to benefit from, but he’s in need of a used playfield. Putting this out there to see if anyone would be willing to loan or sell their old PF so that all of our pins will stay in tip top.

#1565 2 years ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Besides some other overdue upgrades, our EATPM pins could definitely benefit from Cliffy’s. Trough feed, shooter lane, party punch upkick and most of all boogie men upkick. In speaking with Cliff, he would completely be into creating these for all of us to benefit from, but he’s in need of a used playfield. Putting this out there to see if anyone would be willing to loan or sell their old PF so that all of our pins will stay in tip top.

Cliffys for EATPM would be awesome! I would love a set. I don’t have a backup PF but I wish I did.

#1566 2 years ago

When my bbq lock ejects balls they strike plastic directly across from the ramp. Anyone else experience this?

C2112F4F-A1E6-4303-B91B-852653110CBE (resized).jpegC2112F4F-A1E6-4303-B91B-852653110CBE (resized).jpeg
#1567 2 years ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

When my bbq lock ejects balls they strike plastic directly across from the ramp. Anyone else experience this?

Happens to me too. Not a lot though, I’d say 1 out every of 9 balls hit the plastic and don’t make it into the pops. I put a clear plastic protector over that piece, which made the problem worse, but does stop the damage. If I remember right, you can disassemble that metal ramp and bend it upward to give a bit more lift and help it clear the plastic.

#1568 2 years ago

Replicating the UV ink probably not happening. So this version is better than the ones already available for the original playfields. I’m going to make one that matches the repro. CPR pf’s which most of us have. Stay tuned, and thoughts definitely appreciated!!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1569 2 years ago

This just caught my eye from a Market listing. The UV apron ink kind of clashing with the resto pf green. Some may call it OCD, I prefer quality control!!

DA199D45-2888-4228-8ECA-EDA107CB8032 (resized).pngDA199D45-2888-4228-8ECA-EDA107CB8032 (resized).pngFE25BF11-F323-4137-8BD1-7EBE965DE66F (resized).pngFE25BF11-F323-4137-8BD1-7EBE965DE66F (resized).png
2 weeks later
#1570 2 years ago

Both backboard and apron decals are done! Definite improvement. Pm me if anyone’s in need.

AB0EADA4-0DF7-448B-B911-970E33F4F66B (resized).jpegAB0EADA4-0DF7-448B-B911-970E33F4F66B (resized).jpeg
#1571 2 years ago

I have an EATPM playfield, plastic set, and backglass if anyone is looking for one. I'd trade for Whitewater.

#1572 2 years ago

Showing some love….. FREE stateside shipping on decals from today till the 14th!!

F49991A9-70DE-47AC-8307-3D4023FB3ABB (resized).jpegF49991A9-70DE-47AC-8307-3D4023FB3ABB (resized).jpeg
#1573 2 years ago

I had to adjust my left flipper bat, easy. So I moved it back to correct position. Played the game and the flipper keep moving further up the playfield. Turned it off and reset again, maybe I did not tighten all the way. Did it again and it moved up the playfield again. Any ideas? Thanks

#1574 2 years ago
Quoted from pyrotech:

I had to adjust my left flipper bat, easy. So I moved it back to correct position. Played the game and the flipper keep moving further up the playfield. Turned it off and reset again, maybe I did not tighten all the way. Did it again and it moved up the playfield again. Any ideas?

Pull the Bat out and check the shaft for wear / divots. Sometimes you can get it mashed just right so that it will always want to migrate back to where you don't want it.

Swapping bats from one side to the other side will usually allow you to secure a bat that has a deformed shaft without it migrating.

#1575 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Pull the Bat out and check the shaft for wear / divots. Sometimes you can get it mashed just right so that it will always want to migrate back to where you don't want it.
Swapping bats from one side to the other side will usually allow you to secure a bat that has a deformed shaft without it migrating.

Thanks, I will check it out.

#1576 2 years ago

Would like to purchase a right side Party Punch ramp and a blob plastic if anyone here can help out. Perhaps one of you replaced all your ramps and the original one is still on good shape that I could purchase?

#1577 2 years ago

In the club....all that purple has to go though. I was thinking just warm white leds for G.I. ....what is everyone do?

20220219_141208 (resized).jpg20220219_141208 (resized).jpg20220219_162824 (resized).jpg20220219_162824 (resized).jpg20220219_162835 (resized).jpg20220219_162835 (resized).jpg20220219_162851 (resized).jpg20220219_162851 (resized).jpg20220219_162902 (resized).jpg20220219_162902 (resized).jpg
#1578 2 years ago

Nice score! Warm/ cool whites for GI. Color bombed GI is awful. Point of GI is so you can see the playfield but not blind you at the same time. Your preference on that. You can color match lights on inserts and that usually looks good for most inserts with a few exceptions. Have fun and enjoy!

#1579 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

In the club....all that purple has to go though. I was thinking just warm white leds for G.I. ....what is everyone do?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I chose cool white GI, color matched inserts. In the backbox I used warm white GI, with cool white flashers.

20210921_215256 (resized).jpg20210921_215256 (resized).jpg
#1580 2 years ago

I chose cool white GI, color matched inserts. In the backbox I used warm white GI, with cool white flashers.
[quoted image]

Nice example of good lighting!

#1581 2 years ago

On Elvira do you have to modify anything to run led flashers. I thought there was an issue but that might have been a longtime ago

#1582 2 years ago

I prefer the cool white as well. Colors just look more accurate under the Cool Whites.

#1583 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

On Elvira do you have to modify anything to run led flashers. I thought there was an issue but that might have been a longtime ago

I wasn't aware of any issues and installed all LEDs. 100%. No problems on my machine. I used Comet brand LEDs.

#1584 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Yes, there is an issue using LED flashers on system 11 games, I believe. Need to keep a few incandescent. I know there's a thread or post around here somewhere about it.

#1585 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Hmm, I haven't heard that, I've had all LED bulbs and LED flashers (All Comet) in my game for several years and I haven't had any issues yet, hopefully it remains that way. I'll have to look for that thread to see what the issues may be.

Backglass 2 (resized).jpgBackglass 2 (resized).jpgFull PF (resized).jpgFull PF (resized).jpg
#1586 2 years ago

Here's the thread. For some reason, the original question was removed.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/adding-led-flashers-to-system-11-games

#1587 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice, welcome to the club! I used Comet Frosted Warm white 2 smd for warm colors and frosted 2 smd Bright White for cool colors. Under the inserts I did use color matched bulbs.

#1588 2 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Here's the thread. For some reason, the original question was removed.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/adding-led-flashers-to-system-11-games

Thanks for the link. That's quite read and mostly above my head but towards the end...

Quoted from ForceFlow:

According to what was said above, it looks like just the ones that were made prior to big guns. And even then, only if you are actually experiencing the described symptoms.

Big Guns made in 1987 and EATPM 1989, so maybe it doesn't affect the pin or maybe I'm just not seeing on my machine. Hopefully it stays that way.

#1589 2 years ago

Sending out some decals to a Pinsider down under (Aus) and he mentioned he’d be willing to work with shipping for other Aussies interested. I’m hoping to ship out in the next couple days so if interested let me know and I’ll put you two together so you can work out details.

98C075C4-6249-4966-9784-E2289C353F60 (resized).jpeg98C075C4-6249-4966-9784-E2289C353F60 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#1590 2 years ago

What’s everyone setting their pitch at on Party Monsters
I’ve had it for years never looked at the pitch

#1591 2 years ago

What's the difference between reg and competition mode?

#1592 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

What's the difference between reg and competition mode?

Contest mode makes each game the same by disabling all the progressive features and disabling automatic percentaging. Nothing carries over between games: ELVIRA letters start fresh and jackpot is fixed. Talks about it on page 1-23 of the manual.

#1593 2 years ago
Quoted from Cudaman:

Would like to purchase a right side Party Punch ramp and a blob plastic if anyone here can help out. Perhaps one of you replaced all your ramps and the original one is still on good shape that I could purchase?

Can anyone help a guy out?

#1594 2 years ago

[quoted image]

I'd love to see what color rails you put on your Elvira. Looks like a blood red.

#1595 2 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

I'd love to see what color rails you put on your Elvira. Looks like a blood red.

It's a pretty obnoxious glitter red metallic. I think it was called Disco Red or something like that.

20210901_193411 (resized).jpg20210901_193411 (resized).jpg
#1596 2 years ago

It's a pretty obnoxious glitter red metallic. I think it was called Disco Red or something like that.
[quoted image]

Yeah that looks pretty amazing! Love that color better then the greens that I see most people do..

#1597 2 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Yeah that looks pretty amazing! Love that color better then the greens that I see most people do..

Thanks! It looks better in person. My wife and daughter tease me saying it looks like Dorothy's ruby red shoes...

#1598 2 years ago

Finally got my Elvira and the Party Monsters! really exciting.. I love Elvira and am a collector of 16mm films also with a large portion of my collection horror and sci fi, Elvira will fit right in. I just got it yesterday so haven't even learned the in's and out's of her yet. The previous owner gave me a plastic bag with some new plastics in it, one is for the Elvira's punch ramp, but he told me it needs the little angle brackets to hold it on. Does anyone have a source for these? There are also some other plastics like a pipe organ and a few other's I'll have to look for playfield pics to figure out where they go (unless these are just some sort of add ons)..

Elvira (resized).jpgElvira (resized).jpgElvira BG (resized).jpgElvira BG (resized).jpgElvira PF (resized).jpgElvira PF (resized).jpg
#1599 2 years ago

Would it be sacrilege to add a center post to Elvira? It looks like (from the top) there is room below the extra ball light.

#1600 2 years ago
Quoted from PatWoodrailLVR:

Would it be sacrilege to add a center post to Elvira? It looks like (from the top) there is room below the extra ball light.

Nope

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
£ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 70.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement
Cabinet parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-and-the-party-monsters-club-monsterous/page/32 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.