(Topic ID: 81677)

Elvira And The Party Monsters club-Monstrous!

By karmalord

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,311 posts
  • 261 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by pyrotech
  • Topic is favorited by 124 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Eyeball_close_1024x1024@2x (resized).jpg
20240414_155259.jpg
IMG_0328 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1494 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1496 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1495 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1502 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1501 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1500 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0226 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0208 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0209 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9281 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,311 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 47.
#1501 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I did the same, it’s a fantastic option! I’ve installed MRS in place of micro switches on a few pins and they are an excellent alternative! Awesome product for tricky switches.

Ok, now I have to test the waters, I've had a few issues with the switch on my pin and if this fixes the issues then it seems like a no brainer. Thank you for a great mod and thank you for posting this great vid and your feedback for all to see.

#1502 2 years ago

Just received my backboard decal from the Pinballcenter, and let me just say there’s room for improvements. Color, overall length, alignment, graphics etc. Sticker will definitely work if you just want to cover up the existing board. But due to my OCD I’m going to re-do the entire graphic. Then print it on air lock improved quality material. Will post pix when complete.

4BA4E0CB-6E8A-41BF-A3B1-9C918C1F6869 (resized).jpeg4BA4E0CB-6E8A-41BF-A3B1-9C918C1F6869 (resized).jpeg
#1503 2 years ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Just received my backboard decal from the Pinballcenter, and let me just say there’s room for improvements. Color, overall length, alignment, graphics etc. Sticker will definitely work if you just want to cover up the existing board. But due to my OCD I’m going to re-do the entire graphic. Then print it on air lock improved quality material. Will post pix when complete.
[quoted image]

Quoted from Enchantress:

[quoted image]

Sorry to hear that. If you are able to run a few extra, I would buy 2 from you.

#1504 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Sorry to hear that. If you are able to run a few extra, I would buy 2 from you.

I’ll post pics once I’m satisfied with results.

#1505 2 years ago

Did anyone buy one of Ron Kruzman's super cleared playfield's for this table.. and then decide it is too much work?

I want to buy your playfield. Hit me up.

#1506 2 years ago

I have a Kruzman CPR Gold here...was planning on the swap and a cab restore.

But I have been known to do less than sensible things when people are throwing money at me. Shoot me a PM. Maybe you can talk me out of the job?

#1507 2 years ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

I’ll post pics once I’m satisfied with results.

Great, thanks looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

#1508 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I have a Kruzman CPR Gold here...was planning on the swap and a cab restore.
But I have been known to do less than sensible things when people are throwing money at me. Shoot me a PM. Maybe you can talk me out of the job?

PM Sent

#1509 2 years ago
Quoted from RandyW:

PM Sent
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"ba3323132f7e984f58ee2119cf2423aa1d503278-1634388781-1800"};
//]]>

Hey Randy, I've got a fully restored EATPM I'll sell ya for 10k!!

#1510 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Hey Randy, I've got a fully restored EATPM I'll sell ya for 10k!!

LOL! Yours is damned nice! But ima make mine even better.

#1511 2 years ago

I bought my Eatpm and it had a transit for the backglass. Did it have a true backglass in it or a mirror backglass? Thanks

#1512 2 years ago

It was a translite.

#1513 2 years ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

[quoted image]

If you look at my rebuild thread, you can see how I dealt with this. I didn't feel the colors were too bad even though the letters and the model of Elvira was muted. Basically it was sand off old decal, color the backboard black, clear it, and then wet install the decal, lining it up on the right side where the Deadheads are. Everything else fell into place.

#1514 2 years ago
Quoted from pyrotech:

I bought my Eatpm and it had a transit for the backglass. Did it have a true backglass in it or a mirror backglass? Thanks

Just for the record, the CPR mirrored backglass is beautiful.

#1515 2 years ago

I installed new ramps from Starship Fantasy. My original ramps were still holding up, but they were starting to crack. Install was a bit more work than I expected, but they turned out real nice.

#1516 2 years ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

I installed new ramps from Starship Fantasy. My original ramps were still holding up, but they were starting to crack. Install was a bit more work than I expected, but they turned out real nice.

Those ramps are a beast to replace simply because the way they run through the back of the playfield. Looks great when done though. Nice job!

#1517 2 years ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

Nice job, these ramps are so huge and no doubt tricky to install. This game is awesome. My display is apparently gassed, and I’m awaiting a new green one from Xpin. I hear the green looks great on this game.

#1518 2 years ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

Another great video, thanks!

I bought these ramps about 5 years ago from Starship Fantasy in Allentown, haven't installed them yet but I agree, the decals stressed me out. For me, the the Monster Slide ramp decal didn't line up correctly unless I started it about 1/2" from the plate so I have a gap there at the bottom. I may try yo buy a decal but I'll wait to see how it looks once installed (there is a gap on my original too but it's about 1/4'). I'm getting the MRS switch and will do the swap all at one time.

#1519 2 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

I'm getting the MRS switch and will do the swap all at one time.

Beware I had a clearance issue on the Monster Slide too--I just didn't notice until the next day. The green plastic over the skull tunnel snapped the MRS off of the ramp when I slid the ramp into place. Too low on the ramp and the MRS won't register shots on the edges of the ramp. Too high on the ramp and you'll run into the green plastic or you'll never get the Oh-yeah/Oh-no call outs on weak shots. I think I found the perfect spot--but it took me 3 attempts to do it!

#1520 2 years ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

Beware I had a clearance issue on the Monster Slide too--I just didn't notice until the next day. The green plastic over the skull tunnel snapped the MRS off of the ramp when I slid the ramp into place. Too low on the ramp and the MRS won't register shots on the edges of the ramp. Too high on the ramp and you'll run into the green plastic or you'll never get the Oh-yeah/Oh-no call outs on weak shots. I think I found the perfect spot--but it took me 3 attempts to do it!

Get the one on your Cyclone yet Kyle?

1 week later
#1521 2 years ago

Hi guys; just curious, what is a realistic price range these days. Thinking of trying to find one.

#1522 2 years ago
Quoted from aahgo:

Hi guys; just curious, what is a realistic price range these days. Thinking of trying to find one.

What condition? With today's prices, I'd say probably 2.5k on a rough one, between 3 and 4k on a players condition, and the sky is the limit on a well restored one. I know I'm nuts, but I would want 7k or so for mine if I were to sell it

#1523 2 years ago

Players game is fine.

#1524 2 years ago

Beautiful EAPM restore Scribbles! Love your work!

#1525 2 years ago
Quoted from KrustyBurger:

Beautiful EAPM restore Scribbles! Love your work!

Thanks!

#1526 2 years ago

What did you use for Cab decals, Scribbles.

I need to pick those up and then I think I have everything I need to dive in this winter.

#1527 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

What did you use for Cab decals, Scribbles.
I need to pick those up and then I think I have everything I need to dive in this winter.

They were included with the machine when I bought it from a friend. He said he bought them on Ebay from ClassicArcades. They were nice and thick. Seemed to be very good quality and they look and fit very nice.

1 week later
#1528 2 years ago

What do you value this game at, a fully working one?

blockquote cite="#1476159">Cabinet work is my favorite part...to each his own. However, I have a shop with a homemade paint booth, compressor, and all the tools. Makes a big difference.
Here is one I picked up for $350 in boxes. Only totally restored game that I have kept. I purchased an Alps printers just to generate the insert decal of Elvira on her knees.
Bob

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

#1529 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Nice job, these ramps are so huge and no doubt tricky to install. This game is awesome. My display is apparently gassed, and I’m awaiting a new green one from Xpin. I hear the green looks great on this game.

I bought those too, they look great!

#1530 2 years ago

Had a couple play mine a few days ago when it worked 100%. Turned it on tonight and have error's on both ramp switches. Played a game with the glass off to test the switches, neither works. What's the chance they both failed at the same time?, I'm thinking I need to look at other problems here.

1 week later
#1531 2 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Had a couple play mine a few days ago when it worked 100%. Turned it on tonight and have error's on both ramp switches. Played a game with the glass off to test the switches, neither works. What's the chance they both failed at the same time?, I'm thinking I need to look at other problems here.

Probably linked together and 1 wire broke off somewhere.

Is anyone in the Midwest area looking to unload their Party monsters or thinking about it? I’d be looking for something in the project/needs work/or players range. If anyone has something or knows someone who does, Please point me in the right direction. Only one currently for sale seems priced $1500 above normal sale prices and on top of that appears to need board work. I’m fine paying a fair price but I don’t want to pay restored prices on a players game that needs work. Thanks!

1 week later
#1532 2 years ago

Boogie man down, I repeat boogie man down...

20211204_142706 (resized).jpg20211204_142706 (resized).jpg
#1533 2 years ago

Boogie-woogy-woogy

or

Boogie nights

7FD80DD2-B0A0-4722-BBD3-4D43E570C277 (resized).jpeg7FD80DD2-B0A0-4722-BBD3-4D43E570C277 (resized).jpeg

#1534 2 years ago
Quoted from stavio:

Boogie man down, I repeat boogie man down...
[quoted image]

Man you must have been nailing that shot up the middle.

1 week later
#1535 2 years ago

My camera doesn’t capture how green this new display is. It’s very bright and very green! My original display gassed out. I installed an Xpin replacement yesterday and I’m very happy with it. Took me 15 mins to swap them. Green fits this theme.

95B7E382-8AED-419D-B838-DB78787FAC5B (resized).jpeg95B7E382-8AED-419D-B838-DB78787FAC5B (resized).jpeg
#1536 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

My camera doesn’t capture how green this new display is. It’s very bright and very green! My original display gassed out. I installed an Xpin replacement yesterday and I’m very happy with it. Took me 15 mins to swap them. Green fits this theme.
[quoted image]

Looks good! I was torn between the Green or Red and thought the Red worked best with my pin but either way they are both a great choice! Enjoy

#1537 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

[quoted image]

Pinkitten where did you get your display? Green has been on back order forever.

#1538 2 years ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Pinkitten where did you get your display? Green has been on back order forever.

From Xpin. They were on back order when I ordered mine too, for about a month. They just got some in. I’m not sure if they are sold out again or not. If you email them they are very responsive.

#1539 2 years ago

Damn, I’ve been checking with them every few months for almost a year.

#1540 2 years ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Damn, I’ve been checking with them every few months for almost a year.

It looks like they have orange and white in stock, and blue, green and red on back order. You might need to order one to be sure you get one when they come in.

#1541 2 years ago

Not to hijack your post but if you're on the fence and the red is available maybe this will help... I can't recall but at one time there was an option to get white that could have filters to make several colors

Backglass 2 (resized).jpgBackglass 2 (resized).jpg
#1542 2 years ago

I know I've asked before, and someone did post a pic, but I'm in need of either a source for a new backbox lock assembly, or some very detailed close up pics of an oem backbox lock assembly so I can make one. It appears the originals are no longer available?? Any and all help is much appreciated.

Edit: just found post #1202 from JeffZee. I think I can reproduce his efforts. Still if anyone knows where an OEM or repro set can be purchases, let me know please.

1 week later
#1543 2 years ago

Hey folks! Just joined the club recently. I need just a couple of plastics. Would any of you guys who've done restorations have some of these?

I need the JAMS lock plastic, Party Punch ramp entrance, and the slime plastic to the right of the "collect Boogie Men".

Cheers!

Elvira 7 (resized).jpgElvira 7 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1544 2 years ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

Hey folks! Just joined the club recently. I need just a couple of plastics. Would any of you guys who've done restorations have some of these?
I need the JAMS lock plastic, Party Punch ramp entrance, and the slime plastic to the right of the "collect Boogie Men".
Cheers

I have my Elvira sitting, waiting on a restore. I bought all new plastics for it, when I get to my shop later, I will see what condition those pieces are in on mine for you.

#1545 2 years ago

Ohhhhh, what a filthy lady!! Lol. I was just looking through my recent restoration photos and thought I'd share these.

20210904_232626 (resized).jpg20210904_232626 (resized).jpg20210904_232648 (resized).jpg20210904_232648 (resized).jpg20210904_232659 (resized).jpg20210904_232659 (resized).jpg20210911_003433 (resized).jpg20210911_003433 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211229-110858_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211229-110858_Gallery (resized).jpg
#1546 2 years ago

How many 3 million point jack pots have you achieved in a single game? When the light is lit I choke more times than not. Damn!!!!

#1547 2 years ago

I've only hit the 3M shot a few times. I set my rules to contest/tournament and I always start with no letters lit, so it's rare for me to even get it lit. I don't have any deep games, so I try to inject some challenge.

#1548 2 years ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

How many 3 million point jack pots have you achieved in a single game? When the light is lit I choke more times than not. Damn!!!!

Once a game every so often, I also have it set up with no letters lit, that's why my high score is only 11mil. When I do get it my wife likes to make fun me doing my little dance.

#1549 2 years ago

3 Mil on 2/3 balls, usually. All games with 0 Letters spotted.

Spam that Monster Slide.

#1550 2 years ago

3.5 mil or so...1 million coming from the million shot at the monster slide.

Kyle, that was a great game you had.

So, are the yellow carrot flippers better for this game? Those are a bit longer than traditional flipper bats, correct?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

£ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

£ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 45.95
$ 49.99
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 70.00
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Towson, MD
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

There are 2,311 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-and-the-party-monsters-club-monsterous/page/31?hl=pyrotech and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.