(Topic ID: 81677)

Elvira And The Party Monsters club-Monstrous!

By karmalord

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1494 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1496 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1495 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1502 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1501 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1500 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0226 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0208 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0209 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9281 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0206 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

There are 2,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 46.
#1301 3 years ago

Anyone with an Elvira getting tired of it and interested in trading for a Freshly refurbished Taxi with a new hardtop? https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/96515 Reach out to me if there’s any interest. Thanks for looking!

1 week later
#1302 3 years ago

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple) - “Shooter Rod: Blue Eye - 1 1/2" $35.00 shipped (USA only) Brand new, never used - Made by The ModFATHER https://modfatherpinball.com/products/scared-stiff-shooter-rod?_pos=8&...”
2020-06-02
Vienna, VA
35 (Firm)
Archived after: 2 days
Viewed: 88 times
Contributed to Pinside

Just listed

2 weeks later
#1303 3 years ago

So finally got my game back together for the first time and doing some play testing...

When the lock kicker fires, it hits the side of my plastic protector... should it be making it over and into the pops area?

Considering trying to shim the ramp slightly to get more air. I dont think there should be much to make the kicker fire harder...

A4F5613D-70B2-4C15-AE7B-007FF481A1A9 (resized).jpegA4F5613D-70B2-4C15-AE7B-007FF481A1A9 (resized).jpeg

Thoughts?

I also had a hard time getting the shooter rod to make good contact... the normal shooter springs i had seemed too big

#1304 3 years ago

Yeah, those should make it over into the pops. Though I have usually been happy to get 2/3 consistantly over the top!

There's been a bit of discussion about tweaks and fixes for this in the thread.

#1305 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Yeah, those should make it over into the pops. Though I have usually been happy to get 2/3 consistantly over the top!
There's been a bit of discussion about tweaks and fixes for this in the thread.

Thx. I just put a single washer under the bolt at the end of the ramp and that was enough to get it jump up over the plastic every time.

Game is finally done! First System11 I've had in the house for myself...

#1306 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Game is finally done! First System11 I've had in the house for myself...

Sweet. It's a fun one. If it had just a bit more flow it would be amazing.

But, as it is it is still a fun machine.

Some of the best callouts of all time, though. After all these years, I still get a chuckle during each game.

2 weeks later
#1307 3 years ago

Looking to trade our EATPM for any of the following titles, condition 9 out of 10, HUO type examples.

Dungeons And Dragons
Blackwater 100
Black Belt (Bally)
Robocop
Time Machine (Bally)
Pharaoh
Firepower
Grand Lizard
Swords Of Furry
Blackout
Big Game
Tiltle Fight
Hoops
Alien Star
Af-Tor

Machine - For Sale
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Needing to make some space around here so offering our EATPM for sale. This title doesn't seem to come up for sale very often. It's in nice shape all around. It plays great. It has...”
2020-06-27
Greenville, NC
Archived after: 29 days
Viewed: 1395 times

2 weeks later
#1308 3 years ago

I installed some star posts LEDs in my Elvira today and very happy with the results. Next up is my CFTBL...

8F73F6B6-E044-4F66-9FEE-BEE170DE932A (resized).jpeg8F73F6B6-E044-4F66-9FEE-BEE170DE932A (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#1309 3 years ago

Just joined the EATPM club! Had a few questions for the group. Thanks in advance for your help.

- I'd like to replace the displays. It looks like Pinscore and Rottendog are the only options. Is this correct?
- The lock assembly on the backbox is missing. Would someone post a picture so I can see what the parts look like?
- Are all 3 pop bumpers supposed to have a light? My upper right pop bumper does not have a lamp socket.
- I'm guessing it is about impossible to find a BBQ clear cover - part 03-8332. Correct?

Once again any help would be appreciated.

#1310 3 years ago

Lock pic

20190925_192131 (resized).jpg20190925_192131 (resized).jpg
#1311 3 years ago

All 3 pops have lights. I got pinscore displays and they look great but had a slight alignment issue, as the gap between the 2 sides is wider than stock. Its hard to see from pic but I just cheated my translite to the left all the way to mostly correct. I can't speak about the cover you mentioned, but finding the BBQ hole metal snubber and upper left bat gate is proving to be a challenge. Hope this helps.

20200608_173319 (resized).jpg20200608_173319 (resized).jpg20200608_173731 (resized).jpg20200608_173731 (resized).jpg20200801_082911 (resized).jpg20200801_082911 (resized).jpg
#1312 3 years ago
Quoted from fast1981:

Just joined the EATPM club! Had a few questions for the group. Thanks in advance for your help.
- I'd like to replace the displays. It looks like Pinscore and Rottendog are the only options. Is this correct?
- The lock assembly on the backbox is missing. Would someone post a picture so I can see what the parts look like?
- Are all 3 pop bumpers supposed to have a light? My upper right pop bumper does not have a lamp socket.
- I'm guessing it is about impossible to find a BBQ clear cover - part 03-8332. Correct?

Thank you stavio for your help. It appears JeffZee in post 1202 found an innovative way to solve my missing lock. Step 1 is to buy beer

#1313 3 years ago
Quoted from fast1981:

I bought Xpin green displays, they are out of stock right now but will be making more shortly. Very hard to find BBQ clear cover.

#1314 3 years ago

Pinscores in mine. Black Friday deal that I think was too good to pass up.

...though I did find some NOS Glass Displays to throw into my originals a few weeks after I placed my order.

#1315 3 years ago

hey all,
anyone have a link for some tear down pics.

TIA

1 week later
#1317 3 years ago

Well, I tried to join this club today but, it was not meant to be. I had one pop up within a 45 minute drive, went to take a look at it tonight. Just a little rougher than I would like. The machine needed a real good cleaning and a shop job, would need new cabinet and apron decals, the right flipper needed some help bad, both were a little weak and could use a rebuild. Mylar needed polished real bad. At first, I thought I might be able to get a deal and have a nice machine with some elbow grease but, the more I looked, the more things I found wrong. At $3500, just too many things to fix, to be really nice, for it to make sense to buy for the asking price. Oh well, I'll keep my eyes open, maybe one day.

#1318 3 years ago
Quoted from parksr5:

Well, I tried to join this club today but, it was not meant to be. I had one pop up within a 45 minute drive, went to take a look at it tonight. Just a little rougher than I would like. The machine needed a real good cleaning and a shop job, would need new cabinet and apron decals, the right flipper needed some help bad, both were a little weak and could use a rebuild. Mylar needed polished real bad. At first, I thought I might be able to get a deal and have a nice machine with some elbow grease but, the more I looked, the more things I found wrong. At $3500, just too many things to fix, to be really nice, for it to make sense to buy for the asking price. Oh well, I'll keep my eyes open, maybe one day.

Several pristine instances have sold recently for about that price. you made a good choice in waiting

#1319 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Several pristine instances have sold recently for about that price. you made a good choice in waiting

That's what I told myself before walking away and what I told my Fiancé when we got in the truck. I've been watching them on Pinside for a while. Just didn't make sense to spend that kind of money when I could buy a much nicer one for around the same money. Wish it were nicer, it would have been real convenient.

I appreciate everyone that has added to this post! It made research very easy leading up to me going to look at the machine tonight.

#1320 3 years ago
Quoted from parksr5:

Well, I tried to join this club today but, it was not meant to be

Would you be interested in a 6 1/2 hour one-way drive for a really nice one? Details and pics if you are.

#1321 3 years ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

Would you be interested in a 6 1/2 hour one-way drive for a really nice one?

That's a walk in the park. Do it!

1 week later
#1322 3 years ago

My first rebuild is finally completed - mistakes were made but all is good now

0F24F01A-A070-48DF-BB65-6FB42FE9217C (resized).jpeg0F24F01A-A070-48DF-BB65-6FB42FE9217C (resized).jpegC48C75C0-349D-4894-9D55-499DEE2C732C (resized).jpegC48C75C0-349D-4894-9D55-499DEE2C732C (resized).jpeg54EC3B4E-8DB6-4807-9C4E-922ABB629A3D (resized).jpeg54EC3B4E-8DB6-4807-9C4E-922ABB629A3D (resized).jpegC5F9C67C-9E35-448C-8F71-B3DFFF05C996 (resized).jpegC5F9C67C-9E35-448C-8F71-B3DFFF05C996 (resized).jpeg0C9BFBB4-C49C-49E1-BE03-C86991C49BDB (resized).jpeg0C9BFBB4-C49C-49E1-BE03-C86991C49BDB (resized).jpeg
#1323 3 years ago

Awesome job.

What did you use for the decals?

#1324 3 years ago

pinballdecals.eu

#1325 3 years ago

Great restore Birdnest - your Elvira looks like brand new! Love it!

1 week later
#1326 3 years ago

What all does Dracula say on this game? Need a list of the speech.

#1327 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

What all does Dracula say on this game? Need a list of the speech.

Click and scroll to the bottom of the page...

http://www.jeff-z.com/pinball/eatpm/rules/rules.html

#1328 3 years ago

Would someone be able to tell/show me the star post locations for the four shorter 1 1/16” (03-7542-9) posts? I’m finally getting around to swapping out playfields with a new CPR. Thanks!

#1329 3 years ago

Back in the club for the second time with the same pin. Bought this game 2 years ago. Only had it for a weekend and sold it to a buddy. Now she’s back at home. Where she’ll stay for a few years.

3EF913F3-75C1-42AA-AC59-82389609D251 (resized).jpeg3EF913F3-75C1-42AA-AC59-82389609D251 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#1330 3 years ago

Anyone know what switch #44 is supposed to do? It's the gate switch for the party punch ramp entrance. My game shows this error when I turn game on. Tried it manually after starting a game & don't see anything going on. Might be a bad switch as I don't hear any click when I activate it. Also can't find anything in the manual what this switch does.
Thanks for any help. John

1 week later
#1331 3 years ago

I'm doing a playfield swap and noticed my Thumper Bumper flange and stud assemblies (ring and rods) are pretty worn. The part shown in the manual (A-4754) don't seem to match those in my machine. The ones in my machine have extra rods that the dome caps screw into. Does anyone know who might remake these parts? Or has anyone converted these over to a more "traditional" pop bumper cap? Other ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help!

20201010_080753_resized (resized).jpg20201010_080753_resized (resized).jpg
#1332 3 years ago

I believe those are unobtainium. Cherish what you have.

1 month later
#1333 3 years ago

I need some help with my Elvira. On my flip up targets with Elvira and Dracula they will not flip up. Sometimes 1/4, 1/2, or sometimes never pop up. It scores correctly and lights come on but do not pop up. New to club love the post posts. Thanks pyrotec

#1334 3 years ago
Quoted from pyrotech:

I need some help with my Elvira. On my flip up targets with Elvira and Dracula they will not flip up. Sometimes 1/4, 1/2, or sometimes never pop up. It scores correctly and lights come on but do not pop up. New to club love the post posts.

Can you post a pic of your assembly? There's not much to it, really.
Aluminum 'Flip-Up' covers should cantilever the Coffins up and activate the rear switches.
I guess the Flip Up covers could be seized to the rod/ bar?
Or there coud likewise be something obstrucing the coffins from flipping/opening?
I guess you could have my old situation and be missing the bar and switch covers / flip ups completely?

#1335 3 years ago

I hope these help?

IMG_20201114_220616972 (resized).jpgIMG_20201114_220616972 (resized).jpgIMG_20201114_220633216 (resized).jpgIMG_20201114_220633216 (resized).jpgIMG_20201114_220906188 (resized).jpgIMG_20201114_220906188 (resized).jpg
#1336 3 years ago

I am not seeing anything obviously amiss.
Unless there is something bent/impinging that I can't pick up in the pics or the targets are keeping the aluminum target covers from moving when the bal strikes them?

You don't really need to drill them on my machine. Anything past a glancing light blow will teip them up here.

#1337 3 years ago

I had some work done on one of my other machines. He thought it could be a bent pop up bracket, maybe? So, I order a new bracket but it has a screw that I can not get out it just spins in the hole forward and reverse (not good). I think I have to cut the head of the screw off then I can replace the bracket. On the second photo, should you be able to see the red target under that metal swivel piece?

#1338 3 years ago

Yes. As long as the Red Target isn't pressing out on the back of the Aluinum Cover and keeping it from moving, it should be fine.

Your tabs look good in the photos, only thing I am seeing is the bar in back (that the plastic flip upsrotate on looks like it could be missing the e-clip on the left side? Do they move smoothly on that back bar? Same with the Flip Up Covers on the bottom, any impingement?

#1339 3 years ago

Yes, eclip is missing, but it moves freely. I took them off before about 6 weeks before and cleaned them off. I lost the eclip when I tried to put it back on. But that did not do anything to them. Elvira and Dracula still move the same before I cleaned and after I cleaned them.

#1340 3 years ago

How much movement are you getting at the Top of the Aluminum Flip Up when you press on it from the Front?

The only way I can see mine not flipping up is if angle on the Flip-Up Target Cover somehow got compressed / more acute. Limiting the cantilever action of that top flap that throws the Coffin open.

#1341 3 years ago

If you hit from the front it moves maybe 1/16.

#1342 3 years ago

Does anyone have a link to shop out pics? In particular, I'm looking for a pic of the first layer of metal and plastic posts and the like on the top.

I'm doing a playfield swap for a friend. I took plenty of pics but there are a few things that don't seem right.

Also, not quite sure where the shorter star posts go.

#1343 3 years ago

Shorter posts are probably the slingshots. I can take pics also.

#1344 3 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Does anyone have a link to shop out pics? In particular, I'm looking for a pic of the first layer of metal and plastic posts and the like on the top.
I'm doing a playfield swap for a friend. I took plenty of pics but there are a few things that don't seem right.

Do these help Bryan? I'm not sure about the post heights but maybe it will be obvious in the pics.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-and-the-party-monsters-playfield-swap-refresh

#1345 3 years ago

I used dmacy pics to help me try and figure out some creative hacks to my elvira - if you dont see what you want to clarify let me know as i still have all the pictures i took when i swapped

#1346 3 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Do these help Bryan? I'm not sure about the post heights but maybe it will be obvious in the pics.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-and-the-party-monsters-playfield-swap-refresh

That should be perfect!

Only other question I have is, there are two longer round standoffs. One is about 1/8" shorter than the other. Can anyone tell me which is which?

#1347 3 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Only other question I have is, there are two longer round standoffs. One is about 1/8" shorter than the other. Can anyone tell me which is which?

Weird. I have one round and 2 Hex standoffs.
The Round one is located closest to the back board on / supporting the Monster Slide.
The longer of the two Hex is by the Jam Targets, also supporting the Slide.
The shortest Hex is on the right rail.

#1348 3 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I can say I never found a definitive answer to this. I ultimately put the posts based on the constraints of the other stuff around it (would it make the plastic tilted, etc) and just did what looked right for the mechs. It seems authoritative knowledge on this is lost.

#1349 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Weird. I have one round and 2 Hex standoffs.
The Round one is located closest to the back board on / supporting the Monster Slide.
The longer of the two Hex is by the Jam Targets, also supporting the Slide.
The shortest Hex is on the right rail.

Here's a pic of a pic.

There's 3 round posts. The shortest one goes on the far right. I did a quick measure of the center and left one before I removed them and thought they were the same. One of them is 1/16" shorter than the other.

Quoted from flynnibus:

I can say I never found a definitive answer to this. I ultimately put the posts based on the constraints of the other stuff around it (would it make the plastic tilted, etc) and just did what looked right for the mechs. It seems authoritative knowledge on this is lost.

I thought the same. The manual shows 4 of the shorter ones so it shouldn't be that hard to figure out.

14BA2C3D-6AAE-4381-842D-5620A32B7DD0_1_105_c (resized).jpeg14BA2C3D-6AAE-4381-842D-5620A32B7DD0_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
#1350 3 years ago
Quoted from fast1981:

I'm doing a playfield swap and noticed my Thumper Bumper flange and stud assemblies (ring and rods) are pretty worn. The part shown in the manual (A-4754) don't seem to match those in my machine. The ones in my machine have extra rods that the dome caps screw into. Does anyone know who might remake these parts? Or has anyone converted these over to a more "traditional" pop bumper cap? Other ideas?
Thanks in advance for your help!
[quoted image]

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/106076

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 2,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-and-the-party-monsters-club-monsterous/page/27 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.