(Topic ID: 81677)

Elvira And The Party Monsters club-Monstrous!

By karmalord

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1494 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1496 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1495 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1502 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1501 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1500 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0226 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0208 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0209 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9281 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0206 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

There are 2,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 46.
#1201 4 years ago

Thanks, thought it was going to be a crazy part!!

1 week later
#1202 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballOrphanage:

NEED HELP. I am bringing my EATPM back to life and need info on how/what the backglass lock cam should look like. My mech and lock were gone when I purchased the machine. A picture showing the inside of the cabinet on the upper right hand side would be awesom. THANKS

I should start by saying that this is one of those projects where I was hanging around the basement and wanted to feel like I was doing something slightly more than just drinking beer. I don't bother locking my backboxes, but the cam on my Elvira was missing and it kind of bugged me. So I made one with junk on hand. It took me a few tries to get the bends right, but it seems to do what it should. There's also a Murphy's Law aspect to this. The sooner I make my own part, the sooner I'll find the part I actually want...

lock-01 (resized).jpglock-01 (resized).jpg

lock-02 (resized).jpglock-02 (resized).jpg

#1203 4 years ago

Combine beer and ingenuity...make a part nobody seems to have. I like your idea and need the same part for my Elvira. Until the original bracketcan be found, I’m going with your idea. Thanks for posting.

3 weeks later
#1204 4 years ago

Anyone need some well loved ramps? I’ve replaced all three in my game and have the old ones that I’m never going to use.

They’re rough, but worked 100% before I swapped them out.

Thought I’d offer it to the group, before throwing them to the wolves.

3 weeks later
#1205 4 years ago

I'm freshly in the Club.

Having a couple issues as I try and sort out this one out;

Pops and Slings not firing. Thought the Pops work/fire in Ball Search Mode.
Lamp banks under Deadhead Targets and Boogie Monsters are out.
Deadhead back Panel Lamps Out
And the Switch on the Monster Slide Ramp (where it comes back into playfield from backbox) is missing its diode. Looks like an airball took it out.

No Manuals here, unfortunately. If anyone knows where I can find them for a decent price, would also love a tip on sourcing those as well.

I got the Boogie boys sorted and repaired and got new rubbers on her when I cleaned and waxed.

So:

Anyone know what diode I need to replace the broken one on Monster Slide Switch while I wait on a Shop Manual?

Thanks!

#1207 4 years ago

Thanks!
I'm no expert.

But it looks like Q43 is my Problem for the Slings/Pops (all are on that column).

#1208 4 years ago

I could also use a good close up photo of the BBQ. Mine is missing whatever parts cause the 'Flip Ups' to flip up.

Parts that I am sure are impossible to obtain...

#1209 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I could also use a good close up photo of the BBQ. Mine is missing whatever parts cause the 'Flip Ups' to flip up.

I'm not sure what you need but maybe these will help?

Bat Lane (resized).jpgBat Lane (resized).jpgGlued on PF (resized).jpgGlued on PF (resized).jpgUpper Left PF (resized).jpgUpper Left PF (resized).jpg
#1210 4 years ago

Thanks. That was exactly what I needed.

No idea how I am gonna fing that Bar/ Lower Coffin Assembly...

I've got 2 mangled tabs and some naked red targets there.

#1212 4 years ago

Sweet. Those are definitely the flaps/targets. All I need besides those appears to be a Pin, Spacers and Retainer Clips.

Oh...and Decals. But I have seen those around. Thanks for the link. In my basket at Marco, already.

#1213 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Sweet. Those are definitely the flaps/targets. All I need besides those appears to be a Pin, Spacers and Retainer Clips.
Oh...and Decals. But I have seen those around. Thanks for the link. In my basket at Marco, already.

The pin is just threaded rod, with nuts on the end. Cut a plastic spacer between them.

#1214 4 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

The pin is just threaded rod, with nuts on the end. Cut a plastic spacer between them.

That's easy enough.
I assumed (why I don't know) it would be another Pin and E Clip situation similar to the one holding the return spring, under the Boogiemen.

#1215 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Some pics of the assembly here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-and-the-party-monsters-playfield-swap-refresh#post-5010399

3 weeks later
#1216 4 years ago

Finally got this Elvira done. Was a total mess. Playfield was trashed cabinet was rotted out. All new parts including CPR playfield and backglass. Ramps, plastics, cabinet decals, bottom of the cabinet, were all replaced. Santana Scott (son) did playfield swap, and Todd Scott (Me)did cabinet. Turned one of the worse Elvira's into one of the best. He just needs to finish the apron decals artwork and then it will be done.

IMG_9373 (resized).jpegIMG_9373 (resized).jpeg
#1217 4 years ago

Wow, great job! More photos please.

#1218 4 years ago
Quoted from lostlumberjacks:

All new parts including CPR playfield and backglass. Ramps, plastics, cabinet decals, bottom of the cabinet, were all replaced. Santana Scott (son) did playfield swap, and Todd Scott (Me)did cabinet. Turned one of the worse Elvira's into one of the best.

Awesome. Beautiful job.

I am in the process of doing the same to my EatPM. Would love to see as many more photos as you have.

#1219 4 years ago
Quoted from lostlumberjacks:

Turned one of the worse Elvira's into one of the best.

Nice work! Looks beautiful!!!!!!

#1220 4 years ago

I’m looking for an original (yellow) topper. If anyone has one for sale or trade please PM me.

1 week later
#1221 4 years ago

Here is the apron decal brightest green we could get it with our printer, looks way better than flaking old one. He had about 6-7 hours labor in it.

IMG_9403 (resized).jpgIMG_9403 (resized).jpgIMG_9433 (resized).jpgIMG_9433 (resized).jpgIMG_9442 (resized).jpgIMG_9442 (resized).jpgIMG_9435 (resized).jpgIMG_9435 (resized).jpgIMG_9436 (resized).jpgIMG_9436 (resized).jpgIMG_9443 (resized).jpgIMG_9443 (resized).jpgIMG_9404 (resized).jpgIMG_9404 (resized).jpg
#1222 4 years ago

I read through the EATPM rules posted on ipdb.org and JeffZee 's site and then tracked them during my own gameplay. Pretty fun to track the rules through a game.

#1223 4 years ago

Neat idea. I never gave much thought to video because I wouldn't have the talent to narrate. Interesting workaround.

3 weeks later
#1224 4 years ago

Does anyone know where I can find a new "Skull lock cave"?

#1225 4 years ago
Quoted from nexfx:

Does anyone know where I can find a new "Skull lock cave"?

I bought one a few years ago while they were still available. To be honest, unless yours is in really bad shape, you are better off repairing the original. The reproduction skulls were not nearly as nice as the originals. The paint and finish wasn’t even close plus it did not have the mounting tab that goes to the monster slide cyclops post. I had to get creative and shim it because the ball was getting stuck on the bottom lip of the skull. Hope this helps...good luck to you!

3 weeks later
#1226 4 years ago

Does anyone have an Elvira's party punch plastic available?

Pic for reference:

Screenshot_20200226-103054~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200226-103054~2 (resized).png
#1227 4 years ago

Thought there were a couple listed on eBay the last time I looked for Elvira Parts.

I would love to know where to source the Tabs and Rivets for mounting the Elvira Plastics. My machine is missing a few.

#1228 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Thought there were a couple listed on eBay the last time I looked for Elvira Parts.
I would love to know where to source the Tabs and Rivets for mounting the Elvira Plastics. My machine is missing a few.

I haven't see it on eBay. I've been looking quite a bit lately, but it isn't rare...so hopefully someone on here has one.

#1229 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I haven't see it on eBay. I've been looking quite a bit lately, but it isn't rare...so hopefully someone on here has one.

I will have one in month or so.

Gathering everything I need for a playfield swap and I have a full set of plastics on the way. So, if you strike out completely I will hit you up when I am done.

#1230 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I will have one in month or so.
Gathering everything I need for a playfield swap and I have a full set of plastics on the way. So, if you strike out completely I will hit you up when I am done.

Absolutely! Thank you

#1231 4 years ago

New to the club but this is the first table I purchased. It’s also the table I grew up playing in the arcades so it will always have a place it my heart.
I haven’t done any mods but and I’m pretty new to trying to do my own repairs. Getting ready to do a flipper rebuild as the right flipper has started giving out. Excited to tackle this though.

#1232 4 years ago

I am looking for the original (yellow) topper plastic if anyone has one and willing to pay a premium for one in good condition.

#1233 4 years ago

Guys, I just joined the club.
And I know its a bit stupid and silly to buy a machine without even turning it on, but I did...

I got a decent deal for it. And I figured this machine is pretty popular and so should be able to fix anything that wouldn't be working...
Anyway. I ordered some new bands, bulbs, and plastics for my machine and also pinballs for it.

Before turning it on I did my check off all the wires and fuses.

And this is why I'm posting here. There are two fuses that are not even in the upper right hand corner board.

They're labeled on the board as F2 and F3 and then 100v printed by them.
What kind of fuse are these.
I don't really own any spare fuses. I bought a fuse kit for my raven as that is next on my refurbish list. So I was wondering and hoping that two of the fuses I bought for that kit would work for these missing two.

If they don't. That's fine. Guess, I will just need and order the right fuses.
My manual also comes later this week.
I didn't preorder any of the stuff. Just in case the deal fell through, as we all know they can. But, it didn't and regardless I am very happy. I got a nice... But, a bit rough EATPM machine. With a little tender care. She'll be looking really good, and hopefully playing good too.

Thanks in advance.

#1234 4 years ago

Power Supply Board (D-12246) :

F1 - 3/8A Slow Blow 250V

**F2, F3 - 1/8A Slow Blow 250V**

Power Aux Supply Board (D-12247) :

F1, F2A - 2.5A SB 250V

F2C - 5A SB 250v

**THESE**

#1235 4 years ago

Okay... So I decided on a whim to check out IPDB and see if they had the manual. And success!!!! They did and I looked up the fuse number.

So... The circled are the two I need. I'm not certain how to read this chart. as there are multiple entries for 1.
Sorry again.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1236 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Power Supply Board (D-12246) :
F1 - 3/8A Slow Blow 250V
F2, F3 - 1/8A Slow Blow 250V
Power Aux Supply Board (D-12247) :
F1, F2A - 2.5A SB 250V
F2C - 5A SB 250v

Thanks I think the two I need are the 1/8a slow blow 250v.
Thanks again for the quick reply. And I'm sorry about being a newb still guys. I'm not 100% new to collecting pinballs. But, I still don't know anything yet. At least now... I know what I don't know. So that's something.

#1237 4 years ago

No worries.

Congrats. Sounds like you got a nice one.

Glad I could help/confirm.

I sent my entire board set out to Clive at Coin-Op Cauldron this January and they are fully repaired should be back by Wednesday.

Have a CPR Gold here and once I shake down all the mechs and get her dialed, I will be doing my first swap.

Welcome to the Club!

#1238 4 years ago

Okay...
Drat...
I don't have any 1/8 amp fuses. I have 1/4 and 1/2 amp slow blow fuses.

Guess, I'm placing another order for part... And paying a 2nd time for S&H... And waiting... And we all know what Tom Petty says about waiting.
That's its the hardest part.
Dangit!
Really wanted to fire her up.

#1239 4 years ago

Well...I think I might have overpaid 400-800 dollars for my Elvira...

My machine was super filthy. No surprise. As I stated before the bands were never replaced. Once I get the new ones I'll replace. I haven't turned it on yet. As I don't want to turn it on without the fuses being in the driver board. So who knows what will happen.

Guy I bought it from said it was working... But, people say lots of things.
The sides are pretty beaten and worn. With some fraying of the wood and also the paint or vinyl from the sides are coming off by the legs. Translite is in good shape. Not perfect. But, really nice.

The plastics are in good shape. I did however order a replacement set. As that set comes with the topper. And I figured it can't hurt to have replacement plastics.

The monster slide though is badly cracked near the top. It could last a long time... Don't know. Might be looking for spare ramps now... Which is a bummer.

The playfield seemed to be in good condition despite it being dirty.
However... Once I cleaned it. I did notice some wear at Bat... That's common. And really wan't too bad. Mostly the B in bat was worn...

But, there is one section that I'm worried about. I'll post a picture later for you all to see.
I thought this might be mylar. But, I don't think it is.
I think its whatever they printed the playfield with.

For the left inlane there seems to be a bit of playfield that is coming up. Maybe about a quarter of an inch by like 1/8 of an inch. I thought it was mylar. But, the other side doesn't appear to have any mylar. Or I didn't notice it... I can be bad at stuff like that.
So I'm wondering...
What would be the best solution. Cut off the loose bits that are sticking up. Even if its the playfield wrap... And then put mylar over it.
Or if it is mylar. Cut the bad bit off. Or take it all off?

Again. I'll try to get a good picture. But, I don't own a smartphone with a camera. I own a crappy tablet. And that has a crappy picture...

And then one last thing. While waxing. I noticed over the inserts. Feels kind of bubbly. And its really just over the inserts. I'm think that's just the age of the pin and the inserts and how this was stored. Probably. Not in the best of conditions. As there was just a ton of dirt and dust all over it.
Is that common. I don't really know.

I'm not regretting my purchase(though some on this board might... As I am and will be pestering you all now), I think eventually. I'll have a super nice and fun Elvira to play with.

The one thing I won't be doing anytime soon is replacing the side art. Or fixing up the cab. I don't have the room to do so. But, that hopefully will get done. When I move to my 2nd house. As I want to have space to work on pins there.
Sorry about the novel.
But, any suggestions. Once again would be appreciated.
Thank you.

#1240 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Well...I think I might have overpaid 400-800 dollars for my Elvira...
My machine was super filthy. No surprise. As I stated before the bands were never replaced. Once I get the new ones I'll replace. I haven't turned it on yet. As I don't want to turn it on without the fuses being in the driver board. So who knows what will happen.
Guy I bought it from said it was working... But, people say lots of things.
The sides are pretty beaten and worn. With some fraying of the wood and also the paint or vinyl from the sides are coming off by the legs. Translite is in good shape. Not perfect. But, really nice.
The plastics are in good shape. I did however order a replacement set. As that set comes with the topper. And I figured it can't hurt to have replacement plastics.
The monster slide though is badly cracked near the top. It could last a long time... Don't know. Might be looking for spare ramps now... Which is a bummer.
The playfield seemed to be in good condition despite it being dirty.
However... Once I cleaned it. I did notice some wear at Bat... That's common. And really wan't too bad. Mostly the B in bat was worn...
But, there is one section that I'm worried about. I'll post a picture later for you all to see.
I thought this might be mylar. But, I don't think it is.
I think its whatever they printed the playfield with.
For the left inlane there seems to be a bit of playfield that is coming up. Maybe about a quarter of an inch by like 1/8 of an inch. I thought it was mylar. But, the other side doesn't appear to have any mylar. Or I didn't notice it... I can be bad at stuff like that.
So I'm wondering...
What would be the best solution. Cut off the loose bits that are sticking up. Even if its the playfield wrap... And then put mylar over it.
Or if it is mylar. Cut the bad bit off. Or take it all off?
Again. I'll try to get a good picture. But, I don't own a smartphone with a camera. I own a crappy tablet. And that has a crappy picture...
And then one last thing. While waxing. I noticed over the inserts. Feels kind of bubbly. And its really just over the inserts. I'm think that's just the age of the pin and the inserts and how this was stored. Probably. Not in the best of conditions. As there was just a ton of dirt and dust all over it.
Is that common. I don't really know.
I'm not regretting my purchase(though some on this board might... As I am and will be pestering you all now), I think eventually. I'll have a super nice and fun Elvira to play with.
The one thing I won't be doing anytime soon is replacing the side art. Or fixing up the cab. I don't have the room to do so. But, that hopefully will get done. When I move to my 2nd house. As I want to have space to work on pins there.
Sorry about the novel.
But, any suggestions. Once again would be appreciated.
Thank you.

Sorry, I'm not sure what you're worried about until I see pics but having said that... this pin is known to have decals wearing around the legs (mine was cut out and then the wood painted black). Wear in the BATS lanes, which is nothing to worry about unless you want a flawless machine, is normal. Cracked ramps (which are still available for purchase) is normal too but cliffy also offers an option if you don't want to buy new ramps. I have cracked ramps with a new set on hand that I have not installed but my game plays fine. I have wear on the BAT lanes that you can only see if you're looking for it. I also had bubbling in the mylar on some of the inserts which can be handled to minimize these issues. There are threads on how to deal with this, and I'm not saying you should do this but in a nut shell I punctured the bubble with a pin, replaced the bulbs with LED's and its hardly noticeable. So I guess it comes down to what you paid and if you enjoy the game because what you're talking about isn't really any deal breaker in my mind but everyone has their own opinion on what's important.

Backglass 2 (resized).jpgBackglass 2 (resized).jpgFull PF (resized).jpgFull PF (resized).jpgPinball row (resized).jpgPinball row (resized).jpg
#1241 4 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Sorry, I'm not sure what you're worried about until I see pics but having said that... this pin is known to have decals wearing around the legs (mine was cut out and then the wood painted black). Wear in the BATS lanes, which is nothing to worry about unless you want a flawless machine, is normal. Cracked ramps (which are still available for purchase) is normal too but cliffy also offers an option if you don't want to buy new ramps. I have cracked ramps with a new set on hand that I have not installed but my game plays fine. I have wear on the BAT lanes that you can only see if you're looking for it. I also had bubbling in the mylar on some of the inserts which can be handled to minimize these issues. There are threads on how to deal with this, and I'm not saying you should do this but in a nut shell I punctured the bubble with a pin, replaced the bulbs with LED's and its hardly noticeable. So I guess it comes down to what you paid and if you enjoy the game because what you're talking about isn't really any deal breaker in my mind but everyone has their own opinion on what's important.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Your game looks really nice.

I'm not horribly concerned or devastated. Its just now that I have time to look into this machine. I'm seeing all the warts and imperfections.
I'll probably look into the decal issue with the legs at a later date and see what a good bandaid solution will be. I'm a few years out from having the space and area to do a cab rebuild and then purchase new side decals.

The bat wear, I know is common. And I've seen many games with it far worse. I don't care about that. I care only about the bulbs being lit so I can see the lanes I need to complete. So it was just a gripe about my new machine.

And the mylar with the inserts. I was just curious about that. As again... I'm still newish to the whole pinball maintenance scene. Only been in the hobby going on 2 years, and this is something I haven't come across yet. I don't think it'll really impact the game play. Just was weird when I was waxing to feel it, and hear it. Just wanted to get peoples opinions and input on it. I'll look more into this in the future. So thanks for the heads up about where I might find more discussions on it.

The main thing that concerns me though. Is that bit of playfield or mylar that is coming up in the left inlane.
I'll post images of it tomorrow. But, thinking about it... Even if its the worst case scenario. There are worse things.

For one... The elvira at the bottom of the playfield is in great condition, and really so is the rest of the playfield.
If the ramps give me issues I'll look into the cliffy solution.

And yeah. I could buy new ones, but those are a bit pricey. Maybe at a later date. Thanks for the input mate.

#1242 4 years ago

I wouldn't sweat it much. All sounds like you can deal with it for now and still get loads of enjoyment out of it.

Mine was no doubt in much worse shape that what you are staring at. At least where the payfield wear is concerned. My canibet might be a bit better, but still pretty rough.
I thought I would be happily flipping away from day one from the listing description...no such luck.
After 2 weeks of sorting problems and waiting on parts I had the mechanicals all working, just not during game play.
Sussed out the problem and realized that having the boards fully rebuilt was gonna be my best option going forward.

So out they came and off they went. Once they are back in place I can start getting ready for a playfield swap...which will lead into a Cabinet rebuild and re-skin...

Oddly, I am looking forward to all of it. Gameplay on the trashed field, tear downs, rebuilds. Should be fun.

#1243 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Your game looks really nice.
I'm not horribly concerned or devastated. Its just now that I have time to look into this machine. I'm seeing all the warts and imperfections.
I'll probably look into the decal issue with the legs at a later date and see what a good bandaid solution will be. I'm a few years out from having the space and area to do a cab rebuild and then purchase new side decals.
The bat wear, I know is common. And I've seen many games with it far worse. I don't care about that. I care only about the bulbs being lit so I can see the lanes I need to complete. So it was just a gripe about my new machine.
And the mylar with the inserts. I was just curious about that. As again... I'm still newish to the whole pinball maintenance scene. Only been in the hobby going on 2 years, and this is something I haven't come across yet. I don't think it'll really impact the game play. Just was weird when I was waxing to feel it, and hear it. Just wanted to get peoples opinions and input on it. I'll look more into this in the future. So thanks for the heads up about where I might find more discussions on it.
The main thing that concerns me though. Is that bit of playfield or mylar that is coming up in the left inlane.
I'll post images of it tomorrow. But, thinking about it... Even if its the worst case scenario. There are worse things.
For one... The elvira at the bottom of the playfield is in great condition, and really so is the rest of the playfield.
If the ramps give me issues I'll look into the cliffy solution.
And yeah. I could buy new ones, but those are a bit pricey. Maybe at a later date. Thanks for the input mate.

Thank you.

I didn't mean to sound off putting and I only posted pictures to show you that a lot of what you're talking about were issues with my pin. As you can sort of see I addressed many of them and (I think) the game came out great with minimal cost. Yes, I did buy the backglass but I got that because I just love the way real backglass looks so that was an indulgent purchase. I had to do some board work where some lights/flashers were out and I replaced those resistors. I also had to replace the display and choose the X-Pin Red LED to color match. I can live with the broken ramps and when I have time I'll swap those out but the game play isn't an issue so it's not a must have fix.

This site is awesome and there are plenty of very smart, helpful people here that can walk the highly or not so highly skilled people through most issues. You got this!
bad resistors (resized).jpgbad resistors (resized).jpgnew resistors (resized).jpgnew resistors (resized).jpg

#1244 4 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Thank you.
I didn't mean to sound off putting and I only posted pictures to show you that a lot of what you're talking about were issues with my pin. As you can sort of see I addressed many of them and (I think) the game came out great with minimal cost. Yes, I did buy the backglass but I got that because I just love the way real backglass looks so that was an indulgent purchase. I had to do some board work where some lights/flashers were out and I replaced those resistors. I also had to replace the display and choose the X-Pin Red LED to color match. I can live with the broken ramps and when I have time I'll swap those out but the game play isn't an issue so it's not a must have fix.
This site is awesome and there are plenty of very smart, helpful people here that can walk the highly or not so highly skilled people through most issues. You got this!
[quoted image][quoted image]

We're good. I didn't take offense.
Just whenever I make a purchase, I'll always notice each imperfection and then the 2nd guessing starts. Grass always looks greener.
I might try to get a real backglass for it one day. Don't know. Focus right now is on the new rubbers, and fuses in. See how the game plays.
There probably will be flipper issues. As I have yet to purchase an older game without FLIPPER issues. And that is one area... I know I need to work on.
But, the more I watch and research the more it makes my head hurt.

Oh... and lastly bulbs.
When I got my night moves up and working. I replaced a few. More would go out, replaced a few, and more would go out. This happened I think 3 total times. But, finally all the bulbs are working and I'm happy.

I think I get now why companies stopped putting so many bulbs in the backbox. Besides the fact that certain bulbs melted the translites and backglasses. Just the shear amount of bulbs in them can make you SCREAM!

I also might one day LED the game. But, not right now. I rather just focus on getting the bulbs that are out working.
And then maybe focus on replacing a section at a time. But, in a tasteful non rainbow puke manner.

#1245 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

We're good. I didn't take offense.
Just whenever I make a purchase, I'll always notice each imperfection and then the 2nd guessing starts. Grass always looks greener.
I might try to get a real backglass for it one day. Don't know. Focus right now is on the new rubbers, and fuses in. See how the game plays.
There probably will be flipper issues. As I have yet to purchase an older game without FLIPPER issues. And that is one area... I know I need to work on.
But, the more I watch and research the more it makes my head hurt.
Oh... and lastly bulbs.
When I got my night moves up and working. I replaced a few. More would go out, replaced a few, and more would go out. This happened I think 3 total times. But, finally all the bulbs are working and I'm happy.
I think I get now why companies stopped putting so many bulbs in the backbox. Besides the fact that certain bulbs melted the translites and backglasses. Just the shear amount of bulbs in them can make you SCREAM!
I also might one day LED the game. But, not right now. I rather just focus on getting the bulbs that are out working.
And then maybe focus on replacing a section at a time. But, in a tasteful non rainbow puke manner.

I've replaced all of the rubber with Titan black (I did colors and decided that all my pins will be one color aside from the flippers, it's easier for me) I replaced all the star posts to balck (just a theme rather than a need) and replaced all bulbs and flasher with Comet LED/SMD bulbs. I have to say the bulbs help with other issues like reducing heat, less stress on the boards and will help with the bubbles in the mylar. Yes, it will be an expense but to me it's money well spent. I'm not into over saturation and go for the original look, although I did mix it up to give it some pop in some of the white inserts. When you're ready I can share some bulb options but other people may have their own preferences.

#1246 4 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

When you're ready I can share some bulb options but other people may have their own preferences.

Love to see a Comet swap list, myself.

I just went through mine and replaced the incandescents with slightly cooler running ones and called it good.

#1247 4 years ago

Diospinball ,
Does your game have HV plasma or LV led displays ? The 100v fuses are not necessary if using LV displays ..

#1248 4 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

diospinball ,
Does your game have HV plasma or LV led displays ? The 100v fuses are not necessary if using LV displays ..

I don't know. What's an easy way to tell?

#1249 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I don't know. What's an easy way to tell?

The plasma displays will be encased in glass like a plasma DMD.
Can you post a pic of what you have?

#1250 4 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

The plasma displays will be encased in glass like a plasma DMD.
Can you post a pic of what you have?

Both of them are Pinscores from like 2007 I think... They look to be LED. and not encased in glass.

And also... It is good news and bad news with my playfield...

The good news. The bit that was coming up was mylar or a playfield protector. So I was able to cut that out. Rip it up and cut it out.

Now the bad news... Next to it. Is indeed a pretty bad wear spot.... Not the end of the world. If it bothers me that much(I doubt it will), I can always try to do a simple repaint on it.
And I noticed a line or crack down the right side of Elvira's face. So she has a tough looking war scar... Not really noticeable. ANd when you're playing you won't see it. And I was able to check out the bubbling on the inserts...
Maybe.. Maybe a few years down the road. When I get a lot more experience working on pins, I might by a new vinyl playfield and put that on. But, for now its fine.
Hell. Really the most important things to me about this game are the callouts, backglass, cab art, and of course how it plays. So all in all. It'll have just enough projects for me to learn some things on. And should still give me plenty of hours of enjoyment.
And that's what its all about.

Besides the main goals should be play the heck out of it first... Then later refurbish it... Cos once its refurbished. Then it'll start to get more wear and tear. So I should just put as much games on it first... So yep... Fun times ahead!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
£ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys
Toys/Add-ons
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
£ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 70.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement
Cabinet parts
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 69.99
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 2,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-and-the-party-monsters-club-monsterous/page/25?hl=guitarded and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.