(Topic ID: 81677)

Elvira And The Party Monsters club-Monstrous!

By karmalord

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,160 posts
  • 156 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 32 days ago by mskoenen
  • Topic is favorited by 76 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 411 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image95201905109520062595HDR951557540755214 (resized).jpg
image952019051095195133951557540755147 (resized).jpg
pulse-image (resized).jpg
IMG_20190324_174045 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190321_221236 (resized).jpg
deadheads-01 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190406_182132768 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190403_190804972 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190218_221926198 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190218_221942241 (resized).jpg
CPR Backglass 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_9079 (resized).jpg
IMG_9122 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
C0E85494-B4DB-4B75-BA66-C5063329370B (resized).jpeg
BA6163C8-12D1-4CF8-AF59-EE796EA3BC11 (resized).jpeg

There are 1160 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 24.
#1151 66 days ago
Quoted from mskoenen:

Finally have my new playfield put together and installed! So excited to have this beauty up and running again!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks really good. Nice job!

Did you run into any issues with the cpr playfield?

#1152 66 days ago
Quoted from djblouw:

Looks really good. Nice job!
Did you run into any issues with the cpr playfield?

Only issue with the playfield itself has been covered on this thread already, I think. The pilot holes for the metal barrier behind the JAM targets were wrong. All I did was use the one that's at 6 o'clock on the left GI bulb hole, and then drilled a new one at about 4 o'clock to the right GI bulb hole.

Other than that, the playfield was excellent. Any other issues I had were my own damn fault (forgetting where things went, losing pieces, breaking posts, etc.).

pulse-image (resized).jpg
#1153 65 days ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Joined the club again today
Missed it for sure
This one is the nicest Elvira or any pinball I’ve ever found
The shooter lane doesn’t have a mark on it
Even the Mylar still has its mirror finish in tact
Modesty sticker in envelope just the cleanest thing ever
So stoked love this game
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks amazing. What's the story on it's history.

#1154 62 days ago

Joined the club tonight, just got her home. Can't see the serial number, she's still wrapped up.

She is going to sit right across from her younger sister, Scared Stiff.

I'm going to install a playfield protector, have any of you had any experience with one on yours?

#1155 62 days ago
Quoted from PinballJeff:

Looks amazing. What's the story on it's history.

A woman’s husband was a ice cream store owner and routed games back in the day as a side hustle among other things
When this came out in Oct 89 from what I can gather from the book she gave me Elvira went to the number one slot 1 moved to 2 2 moved to 3 and so on
This game never made it to slot 2
He brought it home and was there ever since
I didn’t go looking for this game I was there to look at something else
When she told me the story of the game coming right back home I thought it was a cool story but didn’t know what to make of it
I made a offer she accepted the next day
I had no idea it was this nice I mean I knew it was nice but when I opened it to lower the head I had a pretty good idea it looked new I had never found a game like that
It wasn’t that kind of deal where I was “inspecting “ a game so I didn’t look much until I got it home
I just looked real nice I couldn’t get the legs off they had been on for so long it took 4 guys to get it in my truck.
I spent a few hours talking with her about her husbands exploits and her family
I’ve gone back and help her clean up her house by hauling old flooring away as she plans to move
I am a floor man and my wife insisted.
A couple local guys had been picking her for years according to her this was one of two games left it was his favorite and she didn’t plan on selling it apparently she had the basement full and two storage units full of pins and arcade
I made a great offer and I don’t think anybody ever offered her anything for the games she had from her reaction
Someone had bought a game the day before for nothing and her grandson told me she went and got her water turned back on it was a weird moment for sure

She is a great person,she was no slouch either
She pulled the lockdown bar and glass and told me “I always took the batteries out”
Not much history but a good story
I am glad I met her and very lucky

The game is basically flawless front to back inside and out not one switch out

#1156 60 days ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

A woman’s husband was a ice cream store owner and routed games back in the day as a side hustle among other things
When this came out in Oct 89 from what I can gather from the book she gave me Elvira went to the number one slot 1 moved to 2 2 moved to 3 and so on
This game never made it to slot 2
He brought it home and was there ever since
I didn’t go looking for this game I was there to look at something else
When she told me the story of the game coming right back home I thought it was a cool story but didn’t know what to make of it
I made a offer she accepted the next day
I had no idea it was this nice I mean I knew it was nice but when I opened it to lower the head I had a pretty good idea it looked new I had never found a game like that
It wasn’t that kind of deal where I was “inspecting “ a game so I didn’t look much until I got it home
I just looked real nice I couldn’t get the legs off they had been on for so long it took 4 guys to get it in my truck.
I spent a few hours talking with her about her husbands exploits and her family
I’ve gone back and help her clean up her house by hauling old flooring away as she plans to move
I am a floor man and my wife insisted.
A couple local guys had been picking her for years according to her this was one of two games left it was his favorite and she didn’t plan on selling it apparently she had the basement full and two storage units full of pins and arcade
I made a great offer and I don’t think anybody ever offered her anything for the games she had from her reaction
Someone had bought a game the day before for nothing and her grandson told me she went and got her water turned back on it was a weird moment for sure
She is a great person,she was no slouch either
She pulled the lockdown bar and glass and told me “I always took the batteries out”
Not much history but a good story
I am glad I met her and very lucky
The game is basically flawless front to back inside and out not one switch out

Good story - great find.

3 weeks later
#1157 36 days ago

And I'm out! Been a fun ride. I will miss her.

#1158 36 days ago

So what's THIS thing that just got delivered to our slowly-developing "pinball collective" room up here in Michigan's upper peninsula?

image952019051095195133951557540755147 (resized).jpg

Yep, in the club at last, after 12 years of wanting to get this one.

image95201905109520062595HDR951557540755214 (resized).jpg

Side rails took a nasty set of dents sometime in transit, but coincidentally, I bought a brand new set off a guy at this year's MGC, so... all's well that ends well?

Anybody know where I can find the light shield to the left of the bumpers (that the ball jumps over)? I would even take a broken one as mine is entirely missing.

#1159 36 days ago
Quoted from Gornkleschnitzer:

Anybody know where I can find the light shield to the left of the bumpers (that the ball jumps over)? I would even take a broken one as mine is entirely missing

Do you mean the "Blob" plastic? Option for this are: 1) check ebay for a random one. 2) See if anyone that did a restore has a used one to sell 3) Buy a new set of plastics from CPR

Mine was missing as well, and just had a home made piece of plastic there. So I ended up getting a new set.

#1160 32 days ago
Quoted from Gornkleschnitzer:

Anybody know where I can find the light shield to the left of the bumpers (that the ball jumps over)? I would even take a broken one as mine is entirely missing.

If you're talking about the blob plastic, hit me up. I have a perfectly good one that got replaced when I put a whole new plastic set in.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 18.99
$ 50.00
$ 45.99
$ 399.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 279.95
£ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
£ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
€ 3.70
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 1160 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 24.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside