(Topic ID: 81677)

Elvira And The Party Monsters club-Monstrous!

By karmalord

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,302 posts
  • 182 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Ramjet
  • Topic is favorited by 91 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 473 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSCN7087 (resized).JPG
DSCN7086 (resized).JPG
E35F072D-C330-4D5D-9961-8F7903A9A41A (resized).jpeg
20200509_153226 (resized).jpg
20200509_141200 (resized).jpg
20200509_140445 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200226-103054~3 (resized).png
518ABB36-77BF-4DCB-824E-C0C2530865DD (resized).jpeg
E3D1BA4D-C40B-4969-A012-C022A7A6BE90 (resized).jpeg
330DD88C-5A90-4773-9B05-912B8A7C1262 (resized).jpeg
FEEFFDF2-A962-4E83-A080-11B95EAE0CA6 (resized).jpeg
D902A7F0-0157-4832-A72C-407A18CE4E73 (resized).jpeg
198D7ED0-C66D-45A3-AC07-09C1E5CE9571 (resized).jpeg
394616A3-F5F2-4F63-9AD3-ED4A135E9B8A (resized).jpeg
0474BCEE-3D8B-4A03-85ED-EC762E56EF6F (resized).jpeg
FFD77A34-56FE-43F4-BD4F-1518EA82ABC5 (resized).jpeg

There are 1302 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 27.
#1151 1 year ago
Quoted from mskoenen:

Finally have my new playfield put together and installed! So excited to have this beauty up and running again!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks really good. Nice job!

Did you run into any issues with the cpr playfield?

#1152 1 year ago
Quoted from djblouw:

Looks really good. Nice job!
Did you run into any issues with the cpr playfield?

Only issue with the playfield itself has been covered on this thread already, I think. The pilot holes for the metal barrier behind the JAM targets were wrong. All I did was use the one that's at 6 o'clock on the left GI bulb hole, and then drilled a new one at about 4 o'clock to the right GI bulb hole.

Other than that, the playfield was excellent. Any other issues I had were my own damn fault (forgetting where things went, losing pieces, breaking posts, etc.).

pulse-image (resized).jpg
#1153 1 year ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Joined the club again today
Missed it for sure
This one is the nicest Elvira or any pinball I’ve ever found
The shooter lane doesn’t have a mark on it
Even the Mylar still has its mirror finish in tact
Modesty sticker in envelope just the cleanest thing ever
So stoked love this game
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks amazing. What's the story on it's history.

#1154 1 year ago

Joined the club tonight, just got her home. Can't see the serial number, she's still wrapped up.

She is going to sit right across from her younger sister, Scared Stiff.

I'm going to install a playfield protector, have any of you had any experience with one on yours?

#1155 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballJeff:

Looks amazing. What's the story on it's history.

A woman’s husband was a ice cream store owner and routed games back in the day as a side hustle among other things
When this came out in Oct 89 from what I can gather from the book she gave me Elvira went to the number one slot 1 moved to 2 2 moved to 3 and so on
This game never made it to slot 2
He brought it home and was there ever since
I didn’t go looking for this game I was there to look at something else
When she told me the story of the game coming right back home I thought it was a cool story but didn’t know what to make of it
I made a offer she accepted the next day
I had no idea it was this nice I mean I knew it was nice but when I opened it to lower the head I had a pretty good idea it looked new I had never found a game like that
It wasn’t that kind of deal where I was “inspecting “ a game so I didn’t look much until I got it home
I just looked real nice I couldn’t get the legs off they had been on for so long it took 4 guys to get it in my truck.
I spent a few hours talking with her about her husbands exploits and her family
I’ve gone back and help her clean up her house by hauling old flooring away as she plans to move
I am a floor man and my wife insisted.
A couple local guys had been picking her for years according to her this was one of two games left it was his favorite and she didn’t plan on selling it apparently she had the basement full and two storage units full of pins and arcade
I made a great offer and I don’t think anybody ever offered her anything for the games she had from her reaction
Someone had bought a game the day before for nothing and her grandson told me she went and got her water turned back on it was a weird moment for sure

She is a great person,she was no slouch either
She pulled the lockdown bar and glass and told me “I always took the batteries out”
Not much history but a good story
I am glad I met her and very lucky

The game is basically flawless front to back inside and out not one switch out

#1156 1 year ago

A woman’s husband was a ice cream store owner and routed games back in the day as a side hustle among other things
When this came out in Oct 89 from what I can gather from the book she gave me Elvira went to the number one slot 1 moved to 2 2 moved to 3 and so on
This game never made it to slot 2
He brought it home and was there ever since
I didn’t go looking for this game I was there to look at something else
When she told me the story of the game coming right back home I thought it was a cool story but didn’t know what to make of it
I made a offer she accepted the next day
I had no idea it was this nice I mean I knew it was nice but when I opened it to lower the head I had a pretty good idea it looked new I had never found a game like that
It wasn’t that kind of deal where I was “inspecting “ a game so I didn’t look much until I got it home
I just looked real nice I couldn’t get the legs off they had been on for so long it took 4 guys to get it in my truck.
I spent a few hours talking with her about her husbands exploits and her family
I’ve gone back and help her clean up her house by hauling old flooring away as she plans to move
I am a floor man and my wife insisted.
A couple local guys had been picking her for years according to her this was one of two games left it was his favorite and she didn’t plan on selling it apparently she had the basement full and two storage units full of pins and arcade
I made a great offer and I don’t think anybody ever offered her anything for the games she had from her reaction
Someone had bought a game the day before for nothing and her grandson told me she went and got her water turned back on it was a weird moment for sure
She is a great person,she was no slouch either
She pulled the lockdown bar and glass and told me “I always took the batteries out”
Not much history but a good story
I am glad I met her and very lucky
The game is basically flawless front to back inside and out not one switch out

Good story - great find.

3 weeks later
#1157 1 year ago

And I'm out! Been a fun ride. I will miss her.

#1158 1 year ago

So what's THIS thing that just got delivered to our slowly-developing "pinball collective" room up here in Michigan's upper peninsula?

image952019051095195133951557540755147 (resized).jpg

Yep, in the club at last, after 12 years of wanting to get this one.

image95201905109520062595HDR951557540755214 (resized).jpg

Side rails took a nasty set of dents sometime in transit, but coincidentally, I bought a brand new set off a guy at this year's MGC, so... all's well that ends well?

Anybody know where I can find the light shield to the left of the bumpers (that the ball jumps over)? I would even take a broken one as mine is entirely missing.

#1159 1 year ago
Quoted from Gornkleschnitzer:

Anybody know where I can find the light shield to the left of the bumpers (that the ball jumps over)? I would even take a broken one as mine is entirely missing

Do you mean the "Blob" plastic? Option for this are: 1) check ebay for a random one. 2) See if anyone that did a restore has a used one to sell 3) Buy a new set of plastics from CPR

Mine was missing as well, and just had a home made piece of plastic there. So I ended up getting a new set.

#1160 1 year ago
Quoted from Gornkleschnitzer:

Anybody know where I can find the light shield to the left of the bumpers (that the ball jumps over)? I would even take a broken one as mine is entirely missing.

If you're talking about the blob plastic, hit me up. I have a perfectly good one that got replaced when I put a whole new plastic set in.

1 month later
#1161 11 months ago

Ordered in a rubber kit from my machine and it included five 1 1/2" rubber rings which are specified as part "D" on the chart at the bottom of page 2-12 of the manual. When looking at the placement chart on page 2-13, I cannot find even one part "D" much less five. Where the heck do these rings go?

#1162 11 months ago

Also, I need one plastic. It's number 31-1006-2011-10-SP. It goes in the upper middle of the pf and has the green blob on it that says, :If I told you...etc".

#1164 11 months ago

Still looking for this devil.

Archived after 13 days
Unknown reason:
Parts - Wanted
Wanted! “I, too, am looking for the Blob plastic for an Elvira and the Party Monsters, EATPM. It is part number: 31-1006-2011-10-SP. Thanks for checking, Alan”
2019-08-20
Jarrettsville, MD
Wanted

#1165 11 months ago

Have any of you guys done decals on Elvira, we have our cabinet completely stripped and are in the midst of restoring it, including new bottom. We found two different sources for decals. Planetary pinball and the German one. the planetary one claims to be silkscreened and was wondering if you guys have had experience with either one. Thanks Todd Scott

https://pinballdecals.eu/shop/elvira-and-the-party-monsters-pinball-cabinet-decals-set/

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-EPM-CABSETSS

#1166 11 months ago

Bunch of savages in this town...

82AC1D08-D496-43BA-B384-D63623B4CBC3 (resized).jpeg

New decals will be going on soon

1 week later
#1167 11 months ago

Does anyone know the proper part number for the pictured wire form behind the 3 bank drop targets? I'm looking to order it and want the correct size. The holes on the playfield measure 2.5" apart.
Update: I believe I found it! See pic.
Screenshot_20190706-120230 (resized).png

Screenshot_20190706-152414 (resized).png
#1168 10 months ago

That'll probably work (I would shave off those little extensions for sure) but it would be a good investment to buy a wire bending kit and fab your own.

#1169 10 months ago
Quoted from lostlumberjacks:

Have any of you guys done decals on Elvira, we have our cabinet completely stripped and are in the midst of restoring it, including new bottom. We found two different sources for decals. Planetary pinball and the German one. the planetary one claims to be silkscreened and was wondering if you guys have had experience with either one. Thanks Todd Scott

I have used classic arcades which i believe are planetary and they were good... i woulda preferred a bit more gloss to them. I also have some from planetary still in box that i havent opened yet but i expect them to be the same as last ones.

1 week later
#1170 10 months ago

Hello - I think i read somewhere that EATPM had an often seen fault with the Moon / Wolfman flashers. Something about a big resistor often being faulty. But i have been unable to find the info again, and mine aren't working at the moment.

Anybody have some info about this? I am really bad at reading the System 11 schematics, so any help or links would be really appreciated!

#1171 10 months ago

Did you check the cement resistors on the interconnect board? When I got my EATPM, a bunch of flashers were out. Some of those resistors had failed open.

#1172 10 months ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

Hello - I think i read somewhere that EATPM had an often seen fault with the Moon / Wolfman flashers. Something about a big resistor often being faulty. But i have been unable to find the info again, and mine aren't working at the moment.
Anybody have some info about this? I am really bad at reading the System 11 schematics, so any help or links would be really appreciated!

I had that issue follow the link here and the fix I made post #15

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/please-help-eatpm-man-in-the-moon-and-wolfman-solenoid-not-working

#1173 10 months ago

That's awesome! I actually think that was the post I found earlier. I will check tomorrow if it is the R5 resistors on my interconnect board.

#1174 10 months ago

Yup, sure enough. My R5 on the interconnect board was defective. Changing it solved the issue with the moon / wolfman flashers. The resistor on the board was a 4 ohm, but according to the manual it should be a 5.6 Ohm. And it doesn't look as if it have been replaced. So thats a bit odd.

I didn't have a spare 4 or 5.6 Ohm resistor, so so actually ended up with a really ugly contraption of 5 other resistors in both seriel and parallel that resulted in 5 ohm. That way I landed in the middle, and between the 5 resistors the wattage should be ok.

Will be ordering the correct resistors and replacing down the line.

Thanks for your help

#1175 10 months ago

Finally get to join Elvira club. I found plastics at cpr but does anyone know where to get monster slide and cauldron ramps?

20190723_161528 (resized).jpg
#1176 10 months ago
Quoted from stavio:

Finally get to join Elvira club. I found plastics at cpr but does anyone know where to get monster slide and cauldron ramps?[quoted image]

Starship Fantasy has the complete ramp set in stock, with decals.

#1177 10 months ago

I have a set with decals, if you’re interested pm me.

#1178 10 months ago
Quoted from djblouw:

Starship Fantasy has the complete ramp set in stock, with decal

Thanks. New ramps, plastics, and Cliffys on the way

1 week later
#1179 10 months ago

Anyone reproduce this decal. Backside of playfield.

984BBC7E-DECC-496A-AE2A-729104AAF3D7 (resized).jpeg
#1180 9 months ago
Quoted from lostlumberjacks:

Anyone reproduce this decal. Backside of playfield.

I bought mine from here:

https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/elvira-and-the-party-monsters/3741/backboard-decal-for-elvira-and-the-party-monsters

But they don't ship to the US. So I had to use an intermediary service. It ended up costing me about $40-$45 for the decal + shipping.

1 week later
#1181 9 months ago
Quoted from mskoenen:

I bought mine from here:
https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/elvira-and-the-party-monsters/3741/backboard-decal-for-elvira-and-the-party-monsters
But they don't ship to the US. So I had to use an intermediary service. It ended up costing me about $40-$45 for the decal + shipping.

Pinsider Zitt does business with these guys often. He will order it for you. Reach out to him. He just set me up with some Shadow parts from Pinball Center. Great guy.

#1182 9 months ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Pinsider Zitt does business with these guys often. He will order it for you. Reach out to him. He just set me up with some Shadow parts from Pinball Center. Great guy.

Yeah, I ordered some things form zitt back when I had a STTNG. He is a great guy, who also helps you a ton when you screw up the things he sends you . I wish I had known I could use him as an intermediary, but oh well.

#1183 9 months ago

Just stopping by here cause been playing a lot of Elvira the last couple nights
Frustrating game but once you master it and keep at it it’s really intense and can be very fast
Finally spent good time on it and I can get 2-4 chances at the jackpot in a game now
I want to blow this thing up like BIG time
Not satisfied with 10 mil want 30-50
Great game never leaving

#1184 9 months ago

Though I’m sure there are folks that can get 100 mil plus

#1185 9 months ago

Though I’m sure there are folks that can get 100 mil plus

I owned mine for 5 years. Thought i was fairly good at it. Best i ever put up was about 18 Million. I can't imagine someone getting 100 million plus. Not a hard game, but it's NOT that easy. I think reaching 50 million would be pretty dam hard

#1186 9 months ago

Just stopping by here cause been playing a lot of Elvira the last couple nights
Frustrating game but once you master it and keep at it it’s really intense and can be very fast
Finally spent good time on it and I can get 2-4 chances at the jackpot in a game now
I want to blow this thing up like BIG time
Not satisfied with 10 mil want 30-50
Great game never leaving

Quoted from Bohdi:

I owned mine for 5 years. Thought i was fairly good at it. Best i ever put up was about 18 Million. I can't imagine someone getting 100 million plus. Not a hard game, but it's NOT that easy. I think reaching 50 million would be pretty dam hard

I set goals for myself. First 10m, then 20m and so on. I eventually hit 60 million. I'll admit it was a grind, but fun as hell. First machine I bought for sentimental reasons, and it's never leaving.

#1187 9 months ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

I set goals for myself. First 10m, then 20m and so on. I eventually hit 60 million. I'll admit it was a grind, but fun as hell. First machine I bought for sentimental reasons, and it's never leaving.

I hated like hell to part with mine. I put a ton into from day one, and when I sold it this spring, it was nice. But, I had to get a IMDN so it had to go. Hopefully get another one some day

#1188 9 months ago

Joined the club a few months ago, but she needs a good cleaning and some work I'd really like to get the cabinet redone but no idea who I could get to do it in the area. Just missing apron decals and need to figure out if I want to go original or glow in the dark for the rubber. New CPR playfield, legs, plastics, etc all ready to go. I think the ramps are OK atm but likely I'll have to get new ones once I open her up and start pulling things off. She plays well as is but needs some love, especially the BAT area and down around the flippers.

Hoping to get her to near new condition and won't be letting her go.

#1189 9 months ago
Quoted from Edelan:

Joined the club a few months ago, but she needs a good cleaning and some work I'd really like to get the cabinet redone but no idea who I could get to do it in the area. Just missing apron decals and need to figure out if I want to go original or glow in the dark for the rubber. New CPR playfield, legs, plastics, etc all ready to go. I think the ramps are OK atm but likely I'll have to get new ones once I open her up and start pulling things off. She plays well as is but needs some love, especially the BAT area and down around the flippers.
Hoping to get her to near new condition and won't be letting her go.

You should post your location or area. Someone may be near you that can help you with the cabinet. There’s people like @cosmokramer that make cabinets too.

The CPR playfield is really nice! I have some teardown-assembly pics if you haven’t seen already.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-and-the-party-monsters-playfield-swap-refresh

#1190 9 months ago

Put about 30 more games on it again last night good shit fun game

#1191 9 months ago
Quoted from dmacy:

The CPR playfield is really nice! I have some teardown-assembly pics if you haven’t seen already.

I'm in Denver. Will probably start looking for someone to do the cabinet during the extended weekend. I've been on the fence about it but I have no plan to ever let this machine go so I may as go all the way with the clean up. I grabbed the CPR but she's pretty dirty and I'm not sticking that in there until I can get most of what I need to fix her up.

I've been trying to get through your thread for almost a week! So many pictures, between your thread and the thread from BR80 (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-restoration) ... you guys convinced me it was worth it to clean her up. I wanted to keep as much as I could original, or at least original looking, but some of you guys have amazing looking machines. Thanks for documenting the process as detailed as you did, I can't wait to get started!

2 weeks later
#1192 8 months ago

Finished my pf for Elvira recently and had these 2 wire forms left, any ideas where they would go would be appreciated!!! Thank you

elvira pf parts 001 (resized).JPGelvira pf parts 002 (resized).JPG
#1193 8 months ago

Long one behind Jam Targets?

Short at the Shooter Lane Trough Exit?

http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album193/126_G?full=1

#1194 8 months ago

Yes, think robertmee is right. You can check my thread on here too on the tear down. I don’t think there are many.

1 week later
#1197 8 months ago

Has anyone had Elvira sign your translite? Where is a good place to sign?

#1198 8 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

Has anyone had Elvira sign your translite? Where is a good place to sign?

I believe she normally signs across her chest. Mine was already signed when I bought it, and was signed in silver over her dress. It's pretty difficult to see when lit.

1 week later
#1199 8 months ago

NEED HELP. I am bringing my EATPM back to life and need info on how/what the backglass lock cam should look like. My mech and lock were gone when I purchased the machine. A picture showing the inside of the cabinet on the upper right hand side would be awesom. THANKS

#1200 8 months ago
Quoted from PinballOrphanage:

NEED HELP. I am bringing my EATPM back to life and need info on how/what the backglass lock cam should look like. My mech and lock were gone when I purchased the machine. A picture showing the inside of the cabinet on the upper right hand side would be awesom. THANKS

Here's a pick from my cabinet tear down.EATPM Lock (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 28.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 1302 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 27.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside