(Topic ID: 81677)

Elvira And The Party Monsters club-Monstrous!

By karmalord

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,311 posts
  • 261 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by pyrotech
  • Topic is favorited by 124 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Eyeball_close_1024x1024@2x (resized).jpg
20240414_155259.jpg
IMG_0328 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1494 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1496 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1495 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1502 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1501 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1500 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0226 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0208 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0209 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9281 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,311 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 47.
#1051 5 years ago

My CPR playfield should be here 10/8. At least that is what the tracking number tells me. Can’t wait.

#1052 5 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

It’s freaking beautiful!
Gold[quoted image]

Daayyuuum. That looks good.

Does the green reacts with black light?

#1053 5 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

It’s freaking beautiful!
Gold[quoted image]

Sweet!

#1054 5 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

It’s freaking beautiful!
Gold[quoted image]

Cool, is that for the game I sold you? I miss that game but I know it’s in good hands! If you have any interest in selling the old playfield, please let me know.

#1055 5 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Cool, is that for the game I sold you? I miss that game but I know it’s in good hands! If you have any interest in selling the old playfield, please let me know.

I did get this pin from Ohio, but it was from a route operator on eBay years ago!

Was that you? Or we thinking about the wrong pin here
The old playfield isn’t too bad, not sure it’s fate just yet. If I do decide to sell I’ll certainly reach out

#1056 5 years ago

Does anyone know the email address CPR contacts you from? I want to make sure it doesn't go to my spam folder for some reason. I've been waiting for this since the list opened in 2014!!

#1057 5 years ago

My goodness I hope they make extras. I asked to be placed on standby but n ever heard back from them.

#1058 5 years ago

Great job guys can’t wait to throw this on a restoration

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1059 5 years ago

Holy Macaroni !
This is beau-ti-ful !

#1060 5 years ago

Those that received them, when did you get on the preorder list. Still waiting on my email.

#1061 5 years ago

Same here. I pre-ordered in July of 2017. I have emailed twice and have not heard back. Getting nervous now that I see many of you getting yours.

#1062 5 years ago

My preorder confirmation email was Feb 1st, 2017, and I have not received any communication from CPR since then.

I don’t plan on wasting energy bothering them with email inquiries, because I would be surprised, if they were not able to fill a one PF order when given over a one year lead time for the production run. And it would be regrettable on their part, given they probably have commitments for depreciating capital investments in new printing equipment.

I guess just hope their yields are not in the toilet.

#1063 5 years ago

I emailed them within the first 30 minutes of it going up on their site. It was right around Thanksgiving November 2014!

So yea, it was nearly 4yrs on the list

#1064 5 years ago

I'm 04/04/15 and no email.

#1065 5 years ago

10/22/14 - No email yet.

Added over 6 years ago:

*EDIT* Was supposed to be 12/22/14. Also, I received my e-mail today.

#1066 5 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

I emailed them within the first 30 minutes of it going up on their site. It was right around Thanksgiving November 2014!
So yea, it was nearly 4yrs on the list

I cant remember when it was, but I also put my interest in at the very beginning and received my order last week. Absolutely beautiful playfields, you won't be disappointed when you all get your playfields.

#1067 5 years ago

The photos posted above look absolutely gorgeous. Just gotta hang tight and wait. Also, I’m taking care to check my junk mail folder often.

#1068 5 years ago

I ordered on 2/01/2015, just want to make sure I don't get missed.

#1069 5 years ago

I was on the list in early 2014.

For those that don't know how the system works they didn't actually make a playfield for every person that expressed "interest" in the pre-order.

Here is how I understand it all works.

I'm making up numbers for the sake of the discussion

They sent out the email saying they were going to make EATPM playfields. Let's say they plan on making 500 total playfields. Once they receive a certain number of pre-order "interest" emails then they use that data to confirm there is value in making the playfields knowing they will sell enough of them to turn a profit.

So they build all the playfields hoping they will be 100% perfect. But they often don't turn out that way. So they grade them by quality.
Gold, Silver, Bronze again only building a total of 500 playfields.

So once they are graded lets say they end up with the following.

200 gold
200 silver
100 bronze

Then they start working their way through the list of pre-order emails starting with the oldest first. They give a group of lets say 10 people a couple days to place their order for one of the graded playfields. You pick which grade you want. After a few days they blast out another 10 emails. So on and so forth until they make it through all the pre-order interest emails. Then the waitlist emails and then finally they list them to the general public.

For those that don't understand why they don't make enough for everyone you need to remember that they can't make 2000 playfields hoping they will sell. Remember you sent in an email saying you are "interested" in buying one when they are done. No one had to put money down. No one has to respond to their email when they send it saying its time to buy.

Look at The Addams Family. Viewed as one of the all time great titles. You would think there would be no playfields left after they did the run this year yet you can still buy all versions on their website.

Per CPR's website "Very surprisingly, a handful of gold-graded remain due to enough of the Waiting List not following through on their initial intent. FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED at this point. Quality grades described in detail below."

Often people don't want to wait that long for a playfield. Their life changes and they sell the machine or they don't have the money available when the time comes to purchase. If they made 2000 playfields and only 1000 people purchased it could be catastrophic for their business.

And remember this pre-order "interest" list started in 2014. So those that were finding the need/interest in 2017 will be way down the list in order of priority. Be patient.

Post that you are interested in buying one if someone gets the nod. That is how I got my Bad Cats. I didn't think I would own a BC machine so I never got on the list. Then I bought a machine and one of my buddies was on the list, knew I was interested and he was kind enough to purchase 2 so I could buy one off of him. A kind gesture and lucky for me.

Also they are clear with a disclaimer on the top of the pre-order page that there are no guarantees.

"Please send us an email to get on the preorder list, we also accept candidates onto waiting lists for over produced PFs. We never guarantee you a PF due to the fact that we are printing on wood and anything can happen during a run, but we try to make enough for everyone on the list. Often a few don’t turn out as well as we hoped, so its hard to peg exactly how many actually get made."

Best of luck to all. I hope all that wanted one get one.

#1070 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

I was on the list in early 2014.
For those that don't know how the system works they didn't actually make a playfield for every person that expressed "interest" in the pre-order.
Here is how I understand it all works.
I'm making up numbers for the sake of the discussion
They sent out the email saying they were going to make EATPM playfields. Let's say they plan on making 500 total playfields. Once they receive a certain number of pre-order "interest" emails then they use that data to confirm there is value in making the playfields knowing they will sell enough of them to turn a profit.
So they build all the playfields hoping they will be 100% perfect. But they often don't turn out that way. So they grade them by quality.
Gold, Silver, Bronze again only building a total of 500 playfields.
So once they are graded lets say they end up with the following.
200 gold
200 silver
100 bronze
Then they start working their way through the list of pre-order emails starting with the oldest first. They give a group of lets say 10 people a couple days to place their order for one of the graded playfields. You pick which grade you want. After a few days they blast out another 10 emails. So on and so forth until they make it through all the pre-order interest emails. Then the waitlist emails and then finally they list them to the general public.
For those that don't understand why they don't make enough for everyone you need to remember that they can't make 2000 playfields hoping they will sell. Remember you sent in an email saying you are "interested" in buying one when they are done. No one had to put money down. No one has to respond to their email when they send it saying its time to buy.
Look at The Addams Family. Viewed as one of the all time great titles. You would think there would be no playfields left after they did the run this year yet you can still buy all versions on their website.
Per CPR's website "Very surprisingly, a handful of gold-graded remain due to enough of the Waiting List not following through on their initial intent. FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED at this point. Quality grades described in detail below."
Often people don't want to wait that long for a playfield. Their life changes and they sell the machine or they don't have the money available when the time comes to purchase. If they made 2000 playfields and only 1000 people purchased it could be catastrophic for their business.
And remember this pre-order "interest" list started in 2014. So those that were finding the need/interest in 2017 will be way down the list in order of priority. Be patient.
Post that you are interested in buying one if someone gets the nod. That is how I got my Bad Cats. I didn't think I would own a BC machine so I never got on the list. Then I bought a machine and one of my buddies was on the list, knew I was interested and he was kind enough to purchase 2 so I could buy one off of him. A kind gesture and lucky for me.
Also they are clear with a disclaimer on the top of the pre-order page that there are no guarantees.
"Please send us an email to get on the preorder list, we also accept candidates onto waiting lists for over produced PFs. We never guarantee you a PF due to the fact that we are printing on wood and anything can happen during a run, but we try to make enough for everyone on the list. Often a few don’t turn out as well as we hoped, so its hard to peg exactly how many actually get made."
Best of luck to all. I hope all that wanted one get one.

Since your quoting their website, this is from the pre-order section...

"This section is actively collecting HONEST pre-orders, so we can produce a final and accurate run length.

If you aren’t going to buy the playfield we make for you, please don’t join the pre-order.

When a playfield can take a year or two to reach release, unknowns can happen long after submitting a preorder. If so, all we ask is that you email us a cancellation message as soon as you become aware. This will allow us to adjust the run length and not waste our time and effort making a PF you have no intention of taking."

... so it's a one way street?

I place the pre-order before it was closed. Sure it was three years after some of you... lol (that sounds crazy) and yes all of you early birds should absolutely get yours first (hands down), but in the 21st century, any truly organized business can do better than they have. In the end, they can do what they want, it's their deal. But I have been seeing lots of negative reviews about their ordering and fulfillment process. It's a shame. Maybe they should change that quote to "if we aren't going to make your playfield we may let you know at one point, after you bug us with multiple emails, and then there is only a chance."

For those that have the playfields I can't wait to see your restorations. They look great before and I am sure they will be amazing after you are done.

I have an 80% chance they say. I'm in no rush, but communication is half the battle to me. I don't care if it takes another year, I just wanted to know the wait wasn't in vain. I will wait and see...

In the meantime I hope they make better communication part of their new business model. It will lead to more success, and I want them to succeed.

#1071 5 years ago

Woo-Hoo got my email today. Payment going out tonight. Can't wait to get and see it.

2 weeks later
#1072 5 years ago

Got my email this week. PF Gold on the way!

#1073 5 years ago
Quoted from sawbill:

Got my email this week. PF Gold on the way!

Same here. PF Gold will be here next week.

Anyone install one yet?

#1074 5 years ago

Ahh, it has that new pf smell. It looks good. It will be some time before I can install it, so I’m interested to see how it goes for others.

61BF19AE-EC1B-4CE8-8CC9-4F5FCE914E63 (resized).jpeg61BF19AE-EC1B-4CE8-8CC9-4F5FCE914E63 (resized).jpeg

#1075 5 years ago

Joined the club two weeks ago as my first pin. Love the game. Playfield isn’t in terrible condition. Has some wear around the bats and pop bumpers but that’s about it. Can’t believe people have been on the waitlist for 4 years. One question I do have is why does the right ramp have a small cut out? Can’t figure out the purpose of it

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1076 5 years ago
Quoted from jsm172:

Joined the club two weeks ago as my first pin. Love the game. Playfield isn’t in terrible condition. Has some wear around the bats and pop bumpers but that’s about it. Can’t believe people have been on the waitlist for 4 years. One question I do have is why does the right ramp have a small cut out? Can’t figure out the purpose of it

If you're referring to the Monster Slide, the cutout is there in case the ball valleys. It will drop out and not get stuck. I wondered the same thing when I bought this as my first machine.

#1077 5 years ago

Got my email from CPR! Gold playfield and plastics on the way. Has anyone tried shining a blacklight on their new PF to see how well they fluoresce?

#1078 5 years ago

Started my swap yesterday! I have a long road ahead of me, and I ran out of wire tie labels....

elviraswap (resized).jpgelviraswap (resized).jpg
#1079 5 years ago
Quoted from mskoenen:

Started my swap yesterday! I have a long road ahead of me, and I ran out of wire tie labels....

WOW! this seems more confusing than taking pictures on your cell phone.

#1080 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

WOW! this seems more confusing than taking pictures on your cell phone.

Yep! Pics are my preferred method too. I take as many as I think I need and then double it. You can never have too many.

#1081 5 years ago

So I just got the email that I could order the cpr playfield. As I have said above, my playfield isn’t in terrible condition. Wear around the bumpers and bats. And a little planking in the middle. It’s my first pin so I would have no idea how to do a playfield swap until later. Do y’all think I should go ahead and get one of these new playfield or wait a few years and see how the old one keeps before I drop 900 dollars?

#1082 5 years ago

@Jsm173, Take into consideration that a PF swap requires a huge investment of time. All parts will need to be evaluated for proper alignment, and dimples will need to be carefully predrilled one by one. Special drill bits and care is needed when prepping PF holes so as not to chip the clear coat. You’ll want to take the opportunity to overhaul all mechs including flippers and pop bumpers. All metal will need to be polished. Star posts and lane guides should be replaced. There will probably be lots of incidental bolts and various hardware that will need to be replaced. Optional, but still a perfect opportunity to make new rails out of hardwood and black lacquer and replace those old rails with the factory faux black tape. There is also a lot of soldering involved. I could go on and on.
Although it is a lot of work, it will be very rewarding when finished, because it will look and play better than you could have ever imagined.

#1083 5 years ago
Quoted from sawbill:

All parts will need to be evaluated for proper alignment, and dimples will need to be carefully predrilled one by one.

Do the CPR playfields not come pre drilled? From the above picture is looks like they are.

Quoted from jsm172:

So I just got the email that I could order the cpr playfield. As I have said above, my playfield isn’t in terrible condition. Wear around the bumpers and bats. And a little planking in the middle. It’s my first pin so I would have no idea how to do a playfield swap until later. Do y’all think I should go ahead and get one of these new playfield or wait a few years and see how the old one keeps before I drop 900 dollars?

Either way, playfield swap is time consuming but worth it. The ball will roll on the clear coat like butter and will feel better than new. Doing a PF swap is a perfect time to replace all the coil sleeves and light bulbs (if needed). If you have the money to spend on the PF and you are comfortable with this big task, then do it. If your repair skills are basic, then dont do it. Take lots of pictures of your PF underside and top side, you can never have to many pictures. Good Luck

#1084 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Nice. I think I ended up doing a good enough restore job on mine that I'll just keep it, but hope to see some good looking EATPMs out there.

4 years later, the repro playfields are here... lol.

#1085 5 years ago

There are predrilled holes, through holes, and dimples.

Dimples are on the bottom side of PF. After confirming they are in the exact location for mounting rollover switches, GI, slingshot switches, etc., you’ll want to pilot drill them. You don’t want to just power your screw into a dimple. Chances are good you will split the wood or compact the wood so much between the screw tip and PF side that you can see a bulge / deformation on the PF.

Through holes: Don’t just start banging in posts, or you’ll risk cracking the clearcoat. The clearcoat has to be scored with a proper drill bit first, and I usually turn the bit by hand.

Predrilled holes: You can’t just start ramming in screws with your Black & Decker cordless drill for all of the above reasons.

And lastly, if your $900 Gold quality PF shows up with a bunch of little scuff marks, you’ll need to invest a couple of hours buffing out the damn thing. Not a show stopper, but a little disappointing; not to mention awkward when your wife asks why your expensive PF is all scuffed up right out of the box.

6DDA385A-6E35-4119-BB78-0CBB0AC73B23 (resized).jpeg6DDA385A-6E35-4119-BB78-0CBB0AC73B23 (resized).jpeg8CE3AC10-A8D2-408C-846D-B921B0D8CF3A (resized).jpeg8CE3AC10-A8D2-408C-846D-B921B0D8CF3A (resized).jpegCA21FE09-7B62-4449-B4F0-FD83CB361FE5 (resized).jpegCA21FE09-7B62-4449-B4F0-FD83CB361FE5 (resized).jpeg
#1086 5 years ago

I just ordered my gold PF. I am so stoked. So, so stoked.

#1087 5 years ago
Quoted from hepgeek:

Got my email from CPR! Gold playfield and plastics on the way. Has anyone tried shining a blacklight on their new PF to see how well they fluoresce?

It reacts very well. This is just lit with a strip of 5 uv leds.

97E2789C-A954-458D-B5A8-59BED3B0B096 (resized).jpeg97E2789C-A954-458D-B5A8-59BED3B0B096 (resized).jpeg

#1088 5 years ago

Just got my play field, back glass and plastics! Wow! They are beautiful!

20181115_162102 (resized).jpg20181115_162102 (resized).jpg20181115_162312 (resized).jpg20181115_162312 (resized).jpg20181115_163401 (resized).jpg20181115_163401 (resized).jpg
#1089 5 years ago

My playfield arrived today.

It. Is. Perfect!

Vibrant colors, smooth clearcoat...now I just have to swap it. Maybe someday.

Curious that the plastic set didn’t arrive with it...hmm....

#1090 5 years ago

Plastic set will be in a separate shipment. No worries.

#1091 5 years ago
Quoted from sawbill:

Plastic set will be in a separate shipment. No worries.

Yep, they arrived today.

#1092 5 years ago

Gold playfield laying above its new home. Not ready to swap, but when I do she is getting a complete makeover.

IMG_20181118_073101_856 (resized).jpgIMG_20181118_073101_856 (resized).jpg
#1093 5 years ago

Just joined the club. What is this wire for? Is it used? My coils aren’t firing checking fuse now.

0E1499ED-28B1-47A6-A5FE-F1596292C2FD (resized).jpeg0E1499ED-28B1-47A6-A5FE-F1596292C2FD (resized).jpeg
#1094 5 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Just joined the club. What is this wire for? Is it used?

Just checked mine. It's the knocker.

#1095 5 years ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

Just checked mine. It's the knocker.

Yeah I just figured that out.. lol Thanks!

#1096 5 years ago

I need a picture of this relay wiring. Trying to iron out some issues on this game.

75B59419-5970-4B75-B934-2D689C203D2F (resized).jpeg75B59419-5970-4B75-B934-2D689C203D2F (resized).jpeg
#1097 5 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

I need a picture of this relay wiring. Trying to iron out some issues on this game.
[quoted image]

The yellow wire coming from the backbox should be at position 2 and the purple wire coming from the backbox should be at position 4.

IMG_20181101_152645 (resized).jpgIMG_20181101_152645 (resized).jpg

IMG_20181101_152641 (resized).jpgIMG_20181101_152641 (resized).jpg

#1098 5 years ago

Thanks, got the game working now to figure out why this relay was bye passed. Didn’t realize you could bye pass a relay.

#1099 5 years ago

Another question. On the Open coffin to light BBQ shot mine has two stand up targets in this area but I saw on another Elvira it had some type of flip target. Just curious if this is a difference in anyone else’s game.

#1100 5 years ago

The standup targets do the scoring. The flip up targets are in front and just for visual effect. But it's a cool effect! Pictures here...

http://www.jeff-z.com/pinball/eatpm/repair/repair.html

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
£ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 70.00
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 49.99
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Towson, MD
£ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 45.95
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,311 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-and-the-party-monsters-club-monsterous/page/22?hl=mad_dog_coin_op and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.