(Topic ID: 81677)

Elvira And The Party Monsters club-Monstrous!

By karmalord

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,311 posts
  • 261 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by pyrotech
  • Topic is favorited by 124 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Eyeball_close_1024x1024@2x (resized).jpg
20240414_155259.jpg
IMG_0328 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1494 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1496 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1495 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1502 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1501 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1500 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0226 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0208 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0209 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9281 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,311 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 47.
#751 8 years ago
Quoted from JeffZee:

I started shopping my playfield today and here's what I found in the upper right corner... a black rubber and two studs screwed into the side rail. Looks like someone's attempt at preventing the ball from jumping over the arch rail and getting stuck in the corner. But it seems to me that the Party Punch ramp is too low to allow such a jump. I'm thinking this is just someone's useless hack. I'm wondering what others have found in this area of the playfield. Am I missing a factory part?
DSCN7062a.JPG

No there is nothing there. Both of those Bolt/Nut combos that you have in your side rails should be gone along with that rubber. I have never had an issue with the ball jumping the side rail in that corner.

#752 8 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

No there is nothing there. Both of those Bolt/Nut combos that you have in your side rails should be gone along with that rubber. I have never had an issue with the ball jumping the side rail in that corner.

Thanks!

#753 8 years ago

Laseriffic topper for sale. $100 shipped, normally $165 plus shipping.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eatpm-or-ss-topper

#754 8 years ago

Wow.... and now looking closer I find it uglier.... Sorry buddy, but I agree with some of the comments of the other thread.... It would look much nicer on a bar, but not as an EatPM topper!

#755 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Laseriffic topper for sale. $100 shipped, normally $165 plus shipping.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eatpm-or-ss-topper

If they'd give me 165 bucks I'd still not replace mine

#756 8 years ago

Did anyone remake a clear plastic cover for the BBQ Bonus targets? I've always thought this could of been done better.
Someone posted a need. I really need to learn how to repro these vacuum mold pieces. Seems like a few of us
pinsiders with access to some folks with knowledge and a Maker space could really do some great things for this hobby.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/27790

#757 8 years ago

20150720_164941.jpg20150720_164941.jpg

#758 8 years ago
Quoted from spiroagnew:

Follow up: In case anyone is looking, Pinball Life has the always-dented Bally siderails in stock. These will fit on EATPM, Transporter, Mousin Around, and all those other under-rated Sys11 games that Bally produced just after the Williams merge.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3680
Rob
creditdotpinball.com

Just treading this month old post now... thanks for the tip!

Is there a good technique for removing the old side rails without messing up the cabinet art? I assume the old rails are stuck on with double sided tape.

#759 8 years ago
Quoted from bayoubilly70:

Is there a good technique for removing the old side rails without messing up the cabinet art? I assume the old rails are stuck on with double sided tape

Yes. Painters tape, flat putty knife, hammer, and wood shims to stop it from falling back.

DSC00749.JPGDSC00749.JPG

1 week later
#760 8 years ago

I'm in! Here are a few pics with my Comet LEDs, black ribbed flipper bats, some Titan comp silicone rings and new XPin displays. I still have a few tweaks but it's a start...

Elvira_Red_LED.jpgElvira_Red_LED.jpg

LED_PF.jpgLED_PF.jpg

#761 8 years ago

I like LEDs, but generally I think EATPM looks better with incandescent lamps. Your playield has me rethinking that idea. Yours looks great.

#762 8 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

I like LEDs, but generally I think EATPM looks better with incandescent lamps. Your playield has me rethinking that idea. Yours looks great.

Thank you. I understand your point, I tried to enhance the colors yet keep it simple without over saturating the colors. I used a lot of warm white and natural white under the plastics and slings. I switched a few colors under the PF inserts just for some pop. The man in the moon has purple flashers in it so it will go from the Ice Blue to purple (more of a pink but it still is a nice contrast).

Elvira in the photo looks washed out, I'm not sure why because in RL she has a really nice glow, I put in pinks and purples behind her... it's weird what the camera picks up (or doesn't).

1 week later
#763 8 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Thank you. I understand your point, I tried to enhance the colors yet keep it simple without over saturating the colors. I used a lot of warm white and natural white under the plastics and slings. I switched a few colors under the PF inserts just for some pop. The man in the moon has purple flashers in it so it will go from the Ice Blue to purple (more of a pink but it still is a nice contrast).
Elvira in the photo looks washed out, I'm not sure why because in RL she has a really nice glow, I put in pinks and purples behind her... it's weird what the camera picks up (or doesn't).

You did pretty close to what I did on my PF, except I used all warm white for the GI minus behind the Grave Yard Standups on both sides I used the purple and in the BBQ area I used red instead of green..

1 week later
#764 8 years ago

christmas_(resized).jpgchristmas_(resized).jpg

#765 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

christmas_(resized).jpg

wow! who left that gift under your tree? you might want to leave this tree up all year! merry x-mass and thanks

#766 8 years ago

elvira-christmas-03_(resized).jpgelvira-christmas-03_(resized).jpg

#767 8 years ago
Quoted from belairjoe:

wow! who left that gift under your tree? you might want to leave this tree up all year! merry x-mass and thanks

Lovely, isn't she?

#768 8 years ago

Sweet, you got to love the Mistress of The Dark! Thanks for posting the pics

Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

You did pretty close to what I did on my PF, except I used all warm white for the GI minus behind the Grave Yard Standups on both sides I used the purple and in the BBQ area I used red instead of green..

I'd like to see it; got pics?

#769 8 years ago

Does anyone knows where can i find a SERVICE SWITCH 3 BANK PUSHBUTTON? Guess I tried all the major sites but got no luck at all....

detail_(resized).jpgdetail_(resized).jpg

#770 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Does anyone knows where can i find a SERVICE SWITCH 3 BANK PUSHBUTTON? Guess I tried all the major sites but got no luck at all....

detail_(resized).jpg

No one????

#771 8 years ago

My EatPM has a mark below between the flipper bats as if there should be a mini-post to save the ball when it comes straight down in the middle.... Please, can someone enlighten me if it was supposed to be a post there? Happy 2016 and thanks in advance!!!!

IMG_1236_(resized).JPGIMG_1236_(resized).JPG

IMG_1235_(resized).JPGIMG_1235_(resized).JPG

#772 8 years ago

To my knowledge, there is not a post and there has never been a post there... this is true for my machine and all of the photos that I've seen.

#773 8 years ago

well, we already spoke about that, but without being sure if some pins were "originally" equiped with

mine got it, was installed when i bought it, and of course the 2 steel rails under flippers were off...

#774 8 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

well, we already spoke about that, but without being sure if some pins were "originally" equiped with
mine got it, was installed when i bought it, and of course the 2 steel rails under flippers were off...

Can you post a pic to see how it looks like?

#776 8 years ago

Hey, thanks man! Yours EatPM is gorgeous, congrats!

So, as my EatPM PF has this particular spot/hole, I'm giving a serious thought about installing this post on mine.... Anyone else, any thoughts!

#777 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

So, as my EatPM PF has this particular spot/hole, I'm giving a serious thought about installing this post on mine.... Anyone else, any thoughts!

As far as I know, and every EATPM I've seen, there should not be a mini post between the flippers. I personally wouldn't put one there, but if yours already has the hole there anyways, I guess if it's your preference to add one, why not?

#778 8 years ago

So, I was doing a little google research, and here are some pics I found (some from virtual pinball)....

20151015_181708-e1446651664690_(resized).jpg20151015_181708-e1446651664690_(resized).jpg

dsfiles-img-5-1235714329_(resized).jpgdsfiles-img-5-1235714329_(resized).jpg

monthly_07_2013-304bdfce8219f896e3eb059135aeba76-elvira-and-the-party-monsters--bally-1989-_(resized).jpgmonthly_07_2013-304bdfce8219f896e3eb059135aeba76-elvira-and-the-party-monsters--bally-1989-_(resized).jpg

#779 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

So, I was doing a little google research, and here are some pics I found (some from virtual pinball)....

20151015_181708-e1446651664690_(resized).jpgdsfiles-img-5-1235714329_(resized).jpgmonthly_07_2013-304bdfce8219f896e3eb059135aeba76-elvira-and-the-party-monsters--bally-1989-_(resized).jpg

Hmmm, that's interesting. Really not sure how to clarify if any playfields indeed came with a mini post installed. It's not there on my Pinball Arcade either. Now I'm really curious. Anyone else chime in on this debate?

#780 8 years ago

A closer look at mine.... Pretty sure there must have been a mini-post at the spot before restoration...

20160104_151426_(resized).jpg20160104_151426_(resized).jpg

#781 8 years ago

So, I tested and, in order to place a mini-post, I would have to take off those "anti-bounce bars" that are placed under the flipper bats.... Now I'm just more afraid to damage the playfield by doing that than by installing the mini-post....

#782 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

So, I tested and, in order to place a mini-post, I would have to take off those "anti-bounce bars" that are placed under the flipper bats.... Now I'm just more afraid to damage the playfield by doing that than by installing the mini-post....

Why is that? You talking about the "guides" just below the flippers in the picture?

#783 8 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Why is that? You talking about the "guides" just below the flippers in the picture?

Yeah, that is it... Guides.... The word just escaped me before....

#784 8 years ago

Guides should be fine there. Thats exactly how my Cyclone was setup and it worked fine. Check at the IPDB. Plenty of pics of machines setup that way, and came from the factory like that.

#785 8 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

As far as I know, and every EATPM I've seen, there should not be a mini post between the flippers. I personally wouldn't put one there, but if yours already has the hole there anyways, I guess if it's your preference to add one, why not?

Exactly right.

#786 8 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Guides should be fine there. Thats exactly how my Cyclone was setup and it worked fine. Check at the IPDB. Plenty of pics of machines setup that way, and came from the factory like that.

yep, but not more as he wanna ad a mini post in the middle, meaning not enough space, even more on right side

#787 8 years ago

Since I got this hole on my PF, I'm so very inclined to add the mini-post and get rid of the guides..... Guess if the restorer had somehow hidden it, I would never get this idea, but now the hole is there.... fuckin starin at me! Besides, none of my machines have this "save-a-ball" post, and I loved to play pins with this feature on the arcades!!!

#788 8 years ago

I wanted a base for my CPR topper and I wanted to provide some back lighting. I started with a pine board and added two small cleats to mount the topper. From Home Depot I found a small 12" LED tube light intended for under kitchen cabinet lighting. The light is mounted slightly off center toward Elvira's head because I was trying to get a little more light toward the flesh tone areas and a little less light toward the transparent areas. Once I was happy with the arrangement I painted the board black to blend with the game cabinet. The light has high and low settings. I like low.

topper-01_(resized).jpgtopper-01_(resized).jpg

topper-02_(resized).jpgtopper-02_(resized).jpg

topper-03_(resized).jpgtopper-03_(resized).jpg

topper-04_(resized).jpgtopper-04_(resized).jpg

#789 8 years ago

I have a request, please...

Redoing the whole cabinet is beyond my scope. I would at least like to try making a decal to replicate the "LET'S ROCK" bubble by the right leg. Might someone have a scan of this area or just a good head-on picture?

DSCN7433_(resized).JPGDSCN7433_(resized).JPG

#790 8 years ago
Quoted from JeffZee:

I wanted a base for my CPR topper and I wanted to provide some back lighting. I started with a pine board and added two small cleats to mount the topper. From Home Depot I found a small 12" LED tube light intended for under kitchen cabinet lighting. The light is mounted slightly off center toward Elvira's head because I was trying to get a little more light toward the flesh tone areas and a little less light toward the transparent areas. Once I was happy with the arrangement I painted the board black to blend with the game cabinet. The light has high and low settings. I like low.
topper-01_(resized).jpg
topper-02_(resized).jpg
topper-03_(resized).jpg
topper-04_(resized).jpg

Beautiful!

#791 8 years ago
Quoted from JeffZee:

I have a request, please...
Redoing the whole cabinet is beyond my scope. I would at least like to try making a decal to replicate the "LET'S ROCK" bubble by the right leg. Might someone have a scan of this area or just a good head-on picture?
DSCN7433_(resized).JPG

20160109_135140.jpg20160109_135140.jpg

#792 8 years ago

Thanks! I'll work on it and see what happens. Not sure if I know enough about photo editing to sharpen it up.

DSCN7432b_(resized).jpgDSCN7432b_(resized).jpg

#793 8 years ago

Thanks Bohdi. I used the image as a template to redraw the bubble. It's far from an exact match. But without a side by side comparison it looks fine.

cab-03_(resized).jpgcab-03_(resized).jpg

cab-01_(resized).jpgcab-01_(resized).jpg

cab-02_(resized).jpgcab-02_(resized).jpg

#794 8 years ago

Looks good! Nice job..

#795 8 years ago
Quoted from JeffZee:

Thanks Bohdi. I used the image as a template to redraw the bubble. It's far from an exact match. But without a side by side comparison it looks fine.
cab-03_(resized).jpg
cab-01_(resized).jpg
cab-02_(resized).jpg

#796 8 years ago

I'd like to rejoin the club, anyone near AZ wanna sell?

#797 8 years ago

Picked up a nice example a few months ago and added:

New Pinball Inc ramps
XPin green LED displays
AMH topper
Lots of other little things

Fun game!

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#798 8 years ago

What's up with that topper? Can you post some more pics?

#799 8 years ago

good choice on displays! Looks great.

#800 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

What's up with that topper? Can you post some more pics?

This is Laseriffic's America's Most Haunted topper. I thought it fit the theme really well (haunted house, ghosts, bats).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Towson, MD
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 70.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
$ 49.99
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

£ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 45.95
£ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,311 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-and-the-party-monsters-club-monsterous/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.