(Topic ID: 81677)

Elvira And The Party Monsters club-Monstrous!

By karmalord

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1494 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1496 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1495 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1502 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1501 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1500 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0226 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0208 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0209 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9281 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0206 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

There are 2,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 46.
#601 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

So clean with novus, then wax perhaps?

Yup Novis then wax, I do all my ramps that way even metal. But support that Water Slide ramp when you do it, that thing is real flimsy. Also, I wonder if your pop up is working 100%

#602 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yup Novis then wax, I do all my ramps that way even metal. But support that Water Slide ramp when you do it, that thing is real flimsy. Also, I wonder if your pop up is working 100%

Pop up? What's that?

#603 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Pop up? What's that?

ditto..whats a pop up?

#604 8 years ago
Quoted from belairjoe:

ditto..whats a pop up?

Maybe he's thinking I'm talking about the other ramp... the one that leads to a VUK?

#605 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Maybe he's thinking I'm talking about the other ramp... the one that leads to a VUK?

Oups, your right. Sorry. I had a brain fart.

#606 8 years ago

Anyone yank mylar on EATPM?

I'm thinking I may do a really good shop on this thing. Love the game and the pf is really nice.

#607 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Anyone yank mylar on EATPM?
I'm thinking I may do a really good shop on this thing. Love the game and the pf is really nice.

Aurich has done this, I know it is a risky process as pulling up artwork with the mylar will happen to some extent. You can refer to several threads including Vid1900 guide to playfield restoration for different procedures. Some swear by freeze method and some think heat gun is best. I wouldn't do it unless I had all the tools for clear coating and skills with airbrushing to make it happen and turn out good.
I was going to do it, but the whole process of clear coating afterward kinda steered me towards a new playfield from Classic Playfield Reproductions instead. An overlay protector is made for several machines that doesn't stick like mylar,but Elvira is mysteriously left off this list . Good luck!

#608 8 years ago

Yeah, I pulled my mylar using the freeze method. But it was applied after the playfield was worn, and I was going to restore it, so I wasn't really that worried about pulling any art.

That said it really came off almost entirely cleanly.

#609 8 years ago

Cool. I've pulled mylar on a taxi and had zero issues. I'll probably reapply clean mylar afterwards.

#610 8 years ago

super pin ! and my best game tonight (hard settings)

EATPM.JPGEATPM.JPG

#611 8 years ago

Damn. My high is around 5,000,000.

#612 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Damn. My high is around 5,000,000.

I had this game for 12 years and never broke 10,000,000 and played it more than any game I have owned. Impressive with the 27,000,000!!!

#613 8 years ago
Quoted from t2:

I had this game for 12 years and never broke 10,000,000 and played it more than any game I have owned. Impressive with the 27,000,000!!!

It's easy with the glass out!!!!! :p Not that I'm saying that RipleYYY did it... LOL.... but I agree.... SuperPin!!!!!

#614 8 years ago

Yeah cause once you nail a jackpot doesn't it reset?!

#615 8 years ago

Imthink my HS is somewhere in the 18m range on default settings, you must have been hitting those ramps non-stop! Nice score! I think I need to get some dead drop foam for the end of my slide ramp, everytime i start hitting the ramp consistently the ball will hit the backstop and bounce out over the lane guides and drain.

#616 8 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

super pin ! and my best game tonight (hard settings)
EATPM.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

3 or 5 ball?

#617 8 years ago

lol & tanx guys...

3 balls, my other scores are 25+21+21, my son just did 20 (not enough lol)

yes ramp are the way to go, and its a quite easy pin when you "get" these shots, thats why i set to 1EB max else with factory settings i was stacking EB, and it was not funny at all

#618 8 years ago

ok, a small prob...

when i bought the pin, get quickly the F4 fuse (2.5A) of the powerdriverboard which blows, it command coils as the slingshots, the reset JAM targets, the hole eject on the right ramp...

having no 2.5A i did put a 3A on it and play without a prob until i could buy some new fuse, and of course put back in the 2.5A as told on the manual

yesterday, after getting my hi-score, i only get 2 knockers (instead of the usual 3), i forget about it thinking it was nothing important... and did not play more

today, wanna play a game, and than directly notice the F4 was blew again, then surelly the knocker coil is also on that line, and it blew yesterday after my hi-score (seems logical) !?

my son also report 2 times, that when setting on the pin, the knocker goes (this never happend to me)

than (i'm bad at repairing, correct me if needeed) :

- the knocker coil could have a prob, and thats my prob with the F4 blow fuse !?
- is it really (really) risky to put there a 3A instead of the 2.5A !?

... tanx

#619 8 years ago

Hmm,not sure if I would do that. I would copy this into the tech forums as there are some gurus among us on Pinside who surely can be of help,but not necessarily here. Many tech issues can be solved on this thread,but your chances of solving an electrical problem will greatly increase when sharing with the guys who live for the that area of problem solving.
Definitely envy your scores , as mine have yet to reach that level as of today at least!

#620 8 years ago

ok, done in that tech space

and dont envy my scores, we're all with diff skills, the most important is having fun while playing

#621 8 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

ok, done in that tech space
and dont envy my scores, we're all with diff skills, the most important is having fun while playing

Hey man, don't worry.... he all have our set of skills and always try to get the better out of it.... I for myself, in order to get high scores, take the glass out and install rubber rings at the outside lanes.... the secrect is that not only the ball can score, but also the tips of your fingers.... try using all ten (both hands), to make it more challenging!

#622 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Hey man, don't worry.... he all have our set of skills and always try to get the better out of it.... I for myself, in order to get high scores, take the glass out and install rubber rings at the outside lanes.... the secrect is that not only the ball can score, but also the tips of your fingers.... try using all ten (both hands), to make it more challenging!

"WE all have our set of skills..."

#623 8 years ago

may be you could ask Robin to add some new "hi score topics" than
those made with the glass off, those made with rubbers on outlanes, but also those made with the glass off AND rubbers on outlanes

#624 8 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

may be you could ask Robin to add some new "hi score topics" than
those made with the glass off, those made with rubbers on outlanes, but also those made with the glass off AND rubbers on outlanes

Dude, I'm just messing around... no hard feelings... we're all for the fun of the hobby, right?

Anyways... 3 Balls and Hard settings.... WOW!!! Congrats man, I really have a lot to practice!

#625 8 years ago

of course, same for me, no worry at all (the smiley was there already)

#626 8 years ago

So, I don't post a lot in here, but thought you might like a pic of my EATPM after I put all new ramps, plastics and powder coated all the metal. New tmoulding and chrome moulding too. I love the game and it came out great.

BTW: I changed the protectors to black since the red didn't look right, but this is the pic I have.

EATPM 2.jpgEATPM 2.jpg
eatpm.jpgeatpm.jpg

#627 8 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

So, I don't post a lot in here, but thought you might like a pic of my EATPM after I put all new ramps, plastics and powder coated all the metal. New tmoulding and chrome moulding too. I love the game and it came out great.
BTW: I changed the protectors to black since the red didn't look right, but this is the pic I have.
EATPM 2.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
eatpm.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Looks great! Where did you get the chrome trim? Mine is dinged up. Thanks, Mike

#628 8 years ago

very nice! yes, could you elaborate on the chrome trim and tmolding you used. I'd like to refresh mine as well.

#629 8 years ago

I generally don't like powder coat, but the deep red looks awesome here.

#630 8 years ago
Quoted from papazit1963:

Looks great! Where did you get the chrome trim? Mine is dinged up. Thanks, Mike

I bought the chrome trim off ebay, actually went with a 5/8" auto moulding because apparently I measured wrong, but you can buy 1/2" also. I did like how the 5/8 covered up the excess glue and small chips from the original 1/2" chrome trim
5/8'' X 5 ft CHROME TRIM Body Side Door Rocker Mirror Roof Wheel Well Molding

As for the t-moulding I went with the first one I found on google, believe it was t-moulding.com. It was cheap enough I wasn't worried if I had to order it from someone else.

It's a bit darker t-moulding then original but matched the decals about perfect. I then took that in to the powder coaters and we went with a dark grey/silver metallic for the base and a candy red on top of it to give the blood red candy look.

#631 8 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

EATPM 2.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
eatpm.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Nice choice on Powder color!

1 week later
#632 8 years ago

ok, just beat my score for a small margin (snif & lol), but the most important is again, i blow the F4 fuse when should have the 3 knockers as only 2 goes, and yes, the fuse blowed

than, now we know that coil is (linked to) "my" prob, but why is this blowing with 3 knocks but not with 1... !?

will set the pin with 1 knock only everywhere, and see how it goes

elvira_mic.JPGelvira_mic.JPG

#633 8 years ago

Hey, does anyone knows the exactly specification of all EatPM ribbon cables? Thanks in advance!

#634 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Hey, does anyone knows the exactly specification of all EatPM ribbon cables? Thanks in advance!

Pretty sure these would replace the ones you have..

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/RC1195

#635 8 years ago

I just posted this on the Girls of Pinball thread but thought it deserved a post here as well. I snapped this picture when I bought Cassandra's HUO EATPM.

cassandra.jpgcassandra.jpg
#636 8 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I just posted this on the Girls of Pinball thread but thought it deserved a post here as well. I snapped this picture when I bought Cassandra's HUO EATPM.

cassandra.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Nice.... as for any original machine the cabinet colors are faded.... did you let it this way or did you replace the decals?

#637 8 years ago

Thanks man.... I actually looked for them at Marco's, but as noticed, couldn't find anything under EatPM.

#638 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Nice.... as for any original machine the cabinet colors are faded.... did you let it this way or did you replace the decals?

Luckily only the red Elvira lettering on the right side of the cabinet is faded. Other than that the cabinet is perfect. No scratches, etc.

So to answer your question, I left it original.

#639 8 years ago

That is super cool! Did she sign it anywhere? Perhaps the boobs?

#640 8 years ago

That is WAY cool. I want my pin signed by her dammit.............................

#641 8 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

That is WAY cool. I want my pin signed by her dammit.............................

yes that's as cool as it gets..Elvira will be at comic con in iowa in may or june but I cannot get a ride or her name would be the ultimate mod signed on my back glass..for any of you guys in Illinois or wisc. stay tuned for party post in spring grove il. in early july..one of the items or things we are doing is having dennis nordman as a guest to party with us and he has agreed to sign a new Elvira topper im donating when I get my new cpr plastics..don't have all details yet as still planning but maybe software designer mark penacho will also party with us at the ranch..many things planned..how cool to have dennis nordman sign with photo maybe mark as not sure on him yet and then take this to comic con when this come to your town and get Elvira to sign center or leg with same pen signed by dennis and mark...dammit is right as im hosting party so I cannot win this prize...stay tuned

#642 8 years ago

Yeh, I know..... that's an EatPM thread.... just wanted to share a picture of my "Let's Play Pinball" plastic sign hangin next to my SS!

20130423_180247.jpg20130423_180247.jpg

#643 8 years ago

And since I could not find a "Freddy" thread.....

20131009_181744.jpg20131009_181744.jpg

#644 8 years ago

Love ya Cassandra!!!!

B9UULfOIQAA8XXG.jpgB9UULfOIQAA8XXG.jpgB9UVMrpIAAAN0lr.jpgB9UVMrpIAAAN0lr.jpg

#645 8 years ago
Quoted from papazit1963:

That is super cool! Did she sign it anywhere? Perhaps the boobs?

I remember the first time I had her sign one of my translites. The conversation went something like this -

Cassandra - "Where would you like me to sign? There's a pretty big area right here (points to Elvira's cleavage)"
Me - "No, not there. I don't want you to cover up the good stuff!"

As for her HUO game, I did have her sign the translite as well as inside the cabinet. She broke her cardinal rule of signing for me - she signed them as Cassandra Peterson. Her rule is to only sign Elvira items as Elvira. I have other EATPM and SS translites that she has signed as Elvira, but I'm glad she was willing to make this one-of-a-kind exception.
eatpm_autograph.jpgeatpm_autograph.jpg

#646 8 years ago

When you sell this awesome score you will install the non-personalized Elvira Translite undoubtedly.
I had to do a double take when I saw she had signed it to you knowing full well that it wont help the value of the pin. I don't think anyone could ever tell either way when selling once youve swapped them.

#647 8 years ago

Killer story RobertWinter...

#648 8 years ago

Cassandra - "Where would you like me to sign? There's a pretty big area right here (points to Elvira's cleavage)"
Me - "No, not there. I don't want you to cover up the good stuff!"

That's too funny. Thanks for sharing.

Mike

#649 8 years ago
Quoted from karmalord:

I had to do a double take when I saw she had signed it to you knowing full well that it wont help the value of the pin.

Er, that is, unless your name is Robert....

#650 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Er, that is, unless your name is Robert....

Lol yes, I guess that would be the exception!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
There are 2,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-and-the-party-monsters-club-monsterous/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.