(Topic ID: 81677)

Elvira And The Party Monsters club-Monstrous!

By karmalord

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,181 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by Mad_Dog_Coin_Op
  • Topic is favorited by 80 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 416 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

984BBC7E-DECC-496A-AE2A-729104AAF3D7 (resized).jpeg
20190723_161528 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190706-152414 (resized).png
Screenshot_20190706-120230 (resized).png
82AC1D08-D496-43BA-B384-D63623B4CBC3 (resized).jpeg
image95201905109520062595HDR951557540755214 (resized).jpg
image952019051095195133951557540755147 (resized).jpg
pulse-image (resized).jpg
IMG_20190324_174045 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190321_221236 (resized).jpg
deadheads-01 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190406_182132768 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190403_190804972 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190218_221926198 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190218_221942241 (resized).jpg
CPR Backglass 1 (resized).jpg

There are 1181 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 24.
#501 4 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Aw man thanks, that's the problem my metal piece broke off against the wall.. Do you know where I can buy a new one at? Thanks!

AH HA! Mystery solved....That will be $100 for my detective fee. Sorry I don't know where to get that piece, do you have a manual. I wonder if that's the problem with karmalords game too?

#502 4 years ago

Will have a look when I get a chance. Very well could be the problem on mine as well.

#503 4 years ago

For all of you that were wondering about the Starship Fantasy ramps, they are awesome.. Super thick plastic and super clear and great looking decals… When they get their next batch in, if you need them, buy them…

#504 4 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

For all of you that were wondering about the Starship Fantasy ramps, they are awesome.. Super thick plastic and super clear and great looking decals… When they get their next batch in, if you need them, buy them…

Thanks, I should have gotten them when I had the chance. They should make a smiley face with it blowing it's brains out.

#505 4 years ago

I have joined the club. Having trouble with my right outlane flasher lamp. Also, flipping the flippers causes the left outlane flasher lamp to fire. Some short or something... it is driving me mad trying to troubleshoot. Love this machine though. Newest mods are lights under the shooter (violet purple) and trying to put lights in the upper left playfield (it is way too dark up there) and behind the monster slide in the back. LED upgrade almost done. What a difference LED's make! Thanks for this forum!

#506 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffiowa:

I have joined the club. Having trouble with my right outlane flasher lamp. Also, flipping the flippers causes the left outlane flasher lamp to fire. Some short or something... it is driving me mad trying to troubleshoot. Love this machine though. Newest mods are lights under the shooter (violet purple) and trying to put lights in the upper left playfield (it is way too dark up there) and behind the monster slide in the back. LED upgrade almost done. What a difference LED's make! Thanks for this forum!

Welcome. Love my girl too.

#507 4 years ago

I may have posted this before, not sure but wanted to share. I have had good success using LED black light strips on Lexan plates in Elvira. They are 12 volt and will work on the flasher circuits. I put one under the Boogie men that flashes when they move and one under the skull that flashes when the light under the skull flashes.

Here is what they look like.

IMG_20140126_194438_127.jpgIMG_20140126_205207_674.jpgIMG_20140126_190609_701.jpgIMG_20140126_212132_731.jpg

#508 4 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

I may have posted this before, not sure but wanted to share. I have had good success using LED black light strips on Lexan plates in Elvira. They are 12 volt and will work on the flasher circuits. I put one under the Boogie men that flashes when they move and one under the skull that flashes when the light under the skull flashes.
Here is what they look like.

IMG_20140126_194438_127.jpg 340 KB

IMG_20140126_205207_674.jpg 162 KB

IMG_20140126_190609_701.jpg 226 KB

IMG_20140126_212132_731.jpg 183 KB

First time I've seen this. VERY nice job.

#509 4 years ago

Looks nice!
Illumination is one aspect the table could use more of even after installing leds, and mods such as this surely will help!

#510 4 years ago

Just placed a pre-order with CPR for a new playfield

#511 4 years ago
Quoted from v8racefan:

Nice... Put mine in a few weeks back. Can't wait to get it...

#512 4 years ago

I put in my playfield pre-order too. I may break down and restore it before they get around to actually doing it. I have all new plastic already and I ordered new ramps this week. My playfield really isn't that bad but it will bug me if I don't fix it before too long.

#514 4 years ago

I was on the backorder list when James sold to Starship Fantasy. Larry@Starship Fantasy sent me an email and said they found some ramps for me, so I bought them. Not sure if they have any more or not. They may have started up making them again. That would be cool.

I really only need the long one (I have one vertical crack near the top), but bought the whole set because that is the only way they sell them.

#515 4 years ago
Quoted from v8racefan:

I want to as well, not sure I'm up for the swap process....

#516 4 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

I was on the backorder list when James sold to Starship Fantasy. Larry@Starship Fantasy sent me an email and said they found some ramps for me, so I bought them. Not sure if they have any more or not. They may have started up making them again. That would be cool.
I really only need the long one (I have one vertical crack near the top), but bought the whole set because that is the only way they sell them.

Oh I see. I was a dumb ass and didn't get them the first time around. I WILL!! get them next run.

#517 4 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

I got a set of those ramps.... You won't be disappointed, they are great!!! Have to install the slide ramp and I will have my Elvira back up and running.. I will be doing that this evening so I will post some pictures then. This project so far has included new plastics, T-molding and ramps. I also LEDed the machine and did a shop job with new rubbers. When I get the new playfield I am going to also put new decals on the cabinet and then it should be flawless...

#518 4 years ago

Anyone ever switch out the shooter rod spring for one with less power? Just seems like there is a ton of power for a game that really doesn't need that much to get the ball to the in lanes..

#519 4 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

Anyone ever switch out the shooter rod spring for one with less power? Just seems like there is a ton of power for a game that really doesn't need that much to get the ball to the in lanes..

I did that on mine. When I got mine the ball gate was missing because with a full pull the ball would slam back and forth between the gates above the "BAT" lights.

Not sure which spring I have in there now, but with a full pull, it will bounce back off the second gate but not so hard that it feels like you are going to tear something up.

#520 4 years ago

Yeah right now I am just doing like a quarter pull and it gets up there will plenty of power… I am going to look into finding a less stiff spring...

#521 4 years ago

Get this kit from Marco $4.95. You can try a couple different tensions and see what works the best.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/10-148-XX

springs.jpg

#522 4 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

Get this kit from Marco $4.99. You can try a couple different tensions and see what works the best.

springs.jpg 13 KB

Good call.

#523 4 years ago

Picked up a nice, dirty Eatpm last week. Started a full shop job on it. Looks to be in great condition so far. Some broken switches, bad opto, etc. Nothing major. It does have pretty good damage on the side rails from a prior bad pack/move job. Does anybody have an extra set they want to sell? Can't seem to find any vendors with them in stock. Can't wait to finish her up and PLAY!

Mike

#524 4 years ago

Hey Mike,Welcome to the club!

These rails are hard to find indeed. I had a few dents in mine and went looking,but had no luck either.
I ended up reversing them so the dents were toward the back instead of the more noticeable front.

Will let you know if I spot any in my journeys.

#525 4 years ago
Quoted from papazit1963:

Picked up a nice, dirty Eatpm last week. Started a full shop job on it. Looks to be in great condition so far. Some broken switches, bad opto, etc. Nothing major. It does have pretty good damage on the side rails from a prior bad pack/move job. Does anybody have an extra set they want to sell? Can't seem to find any vendors with them in stock. Can't wait to finish her up and PLAY!
Mike

I have gotten rails from Doug Huse of LetsPlayPinball.com when no one else had them. You can also check with Mike Chestnut of http://horsepowerunlimited.net/. Mike mostly does plating, but sometimes he takes trades and has used rails OR you may decide to go chrome. It ain't cheap but he does amazing plating work...

#526 4 years ago

Thanks for the info Karmalord and BadBrad97. I'll just have to wait and keep my eyes open like everyone else. Karmalord, was reversing them worth the work? Never though of that...

Mike

#527 4 years ago

Since the dings on mine were up front near the flippers it worked pretty well.
You will have to see if it will make a difference on yours depending on where your dents are located.
Just don't attempt to take out the dents yourself as it will usually just make it worse.
I believe there is a torx screw on the end of each rail,so be prepared for those when removing them.

There are guidelines listed on the Pinside forums for removing rails so you don't ruin your decals if you've never done this before. Not too hard really.

2 weeks later
#528 4 years ago

I had dented side rails on my EATPM. Just recently solved the issue with a workaround. I wrote up the problem of not having the right sized rails readily available and my work-around solution.

http://creditdotpinball.com/2015/02/08/hardware-the-elusive-bally-side-rail/

Rob
creditdotpinball.com

#529 4 years ago
Quoted from spiroagnew:

I had dented side rails on my EATPM. Just recently solved the issue with a workaround. I wrote up the problem of not having the right sized rails readily available and my work-around solution.
http://creditdotpinball.com/2015/02/08/hardware-the-elusive-bally-side-rail/
Rob
creditdotpinball.com

Good reading. Mine aren't dented thank god.

#530 4 years ago

hi all-finally in! had to share this story.been looking for my girl solid for 18 months..had my first pinside party 1-month ago..fantastic group of people!.3-days later find Elvira in fla not listed for sale fellow pinsider with 25 machines lets me know he has a nice one selling other machines..my old girlfriend lives near him,checks it out bingo!im in! michelle from navl gives great shipping quote,owner of pin will safe pack for me no problem.guy find touch up he did forget to tell me bump down price by 100 bucks for a nothing defect.so I sit down to enjoy my victory of things finally working out for me with a cup of coffee and think this cant get any better .then I see pm from dennis Nordman! he live near me but I did not invite him to my pin party earlier in the month as I thought why would he come to our pole barn arcade.again bingo for me! he stops over a few days later with a friend to check out our arcade.says he will be coming to our summer party.wow! my Elvira machine,then meet designer.this not going to get better.my son come home from work tell me he was at his friends house meet a guy named mark penacho who might come out check out our pins.this was software guy on Elvira! don't like to be a name dropper but a think good sign for me on timing on getting my girl!photos to follow in next few days..had to share all this ...the pinball gods have smiled on me this time..i will be asking many questions as you all have the experience and knowledge on this machine..my first question...does anyone have their machine set up with black lights on playfield or outside of cabinet? can you post any photos of this? thought id ask the fun stuff now before I start asking later when things break down.anyway I could not be any more satisfied with the way this deal went for me..did I mention when I get machine have 2 new boogiemen in a bag and three brand new silver jets?..thank you pinball gods....

#531 4 years ago
Quoted from belairjoe:

hi all-finally in! had to share this story.been looking for my girl solid for 18 months..had my first pinside party 1-month ago..fantastic group of people!.3-days later find Elvira in fla not listed for sale fellow pinsider with 25 machines lets me know he has a nice one selling other machines..my old girlfriend lives near him,checks it out bingo!im in! michelle from navl gives great shipping quote,owner of pin will safe pack for me no problem.guy find touch up he did forget to tell me bump down price by 100 bucks for a nothing defect.so I sit down to enjoy my victory of things finally working out for me with a cup of coffee and think this cant get any better .then I see pm from dennis Nordman! he live near me but I did not invite him to my pin party earlier in the month as I thought why would he come to our pole barn arcade.again bingo for me! he stops over a few days later with a friend to check out our arcade.says he will be coming to our summer party.wow! my Elvira machine,then meet designer.this not going to get better.my son come home from work tell me he was at his friends house meet a guy named mark penacho who might come out check out our pins.this was software guy on Elvira! don't like to be a name dropper but a think good sign for me on timing on getting my girl!photos to follow in next few days..had to share all this ...the pinball gods have smiled on me this time..i will be asking many questions as you all have the experience and knowledge on this machine..my first question...does anyone have their machine set up with black lights on playfield or outside of cabinet? can you post any photos of this? thought id ask the fun stuff now before I start asking later when things break down.anyway I could not be any more satisfied with the way this deal went for me..did I mention when I get machine have 2 new boogiemen in a bag and three brand new silver jets?..thank you pinball gods....

That is SO cool. I can't imagine have Dennis Nordman and Mark Penacho coming to my pinball party. I would have them signing everything I own.

#532 4 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

That is SO cool. I can't imagine have Dennis Nordman and Mark Penacho coming to my pinball party. I would have them signing everything I own.

thanks..this crossed my mind but I don't know about even asking these things..really a very personable guy.his friend he bring is service tech and pin restore guy who own his company also cool as it gets...I will ask dennis later about signing stuff or photos at the party.this going to be pretty big party with.pins,pins pins,food for a king,horse shoes.dog and suds run.camping.pinball outside in front of shop,desert island..maybe water balloon fight ss verse em.and many more wacky things in planning stages now.i will be asking for any ideas from fellow pinsiders

#533 4 years ago
Quoted from belairjoe:

hi all-finally in! had to share this story.been looking for my girl solid for 18 months..had my first pinside party 1-month ago..fantastic group of people!.3-days later find Elvira in fla not listed for sale fellow pinsider with 25 machines lets me know he has a nice one selling other machines..my old girlfriend lives near him,checks it out bingo!im in! michelle from navl gives great shipping quote,owner of pin will safe pack for me no problem.guy find touch up he did forget to tell me bump down price by 100 bucks for a nothing defect.so I sit down to enjoy my victory of things finally working out for me with a cup of coffee and think this cant get any better .then I see pm from dennis Nordman! he live near me but I did not invite him to my pin party earlier in the month as I thought why would he come to our pole barn arcade.again bingo for me! he stops over a few days later with a friend to check out our arcade.says he will be coming to our summer party.wow! my Elvira machine,then meet designer.this not going to get better.my son come home from work tell me he was at his friends house meet a guy named mark penacho who might come out check out our pins.this was software guy on Elvira! don't like to be a name dropper but a think good sign for me on timing on gettingmy girl!photos to follow in next few days..had to share all this ...the pinball gods have smiled on me this time..i will be asking many questions as you all have the experience and knowledge on this machine..my first question...does anyone have their machine set up with black lights on playfield or outside of cabinet? can you post any photos of this? thought id ask the fun stuff now before I start asking later when things break down.anyway I could not be any more satisfied with the way this deal went for me..did I mention when I get machine have 2 new boogiemen in a bag and three brand new silver jets?..thank you pinball gods....

Sometimes life just treats you right!!! Enjoyed the story. Will be waiting for pics from the party.

#534 4 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

Yeah, Just stopping by this club would be cool. Messaged him once,but no reply.
Just realized Brad, that even though you live thousands of miles away,you reside in the same town as my wife's mom and 3 kids!

1 week later
#536 4 years ago

Hey guys I just finished putting a really cool mod on the game. Check out my topic in All Modding, New EATPM playfield skull led mod, pictures are up too. Contact Pinballdoctor1 (a Pinsider) if you want one.

#537 4 years ago

Lets BOOGIE!!!

Just picked her up today, need to find some new ramps!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#538 4 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Lets BOOGIE!!!
image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Nice. Good luck finding the ramps. A set were for sale in the Market Place but they were $$$.

#539 4 years ago

Nice Spitfiren! Yours looks to be in much better shape than mine was cabinet wise when I bought it.
LED's look to be done throught! Did you get this from a Pinsider?

#540 4 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Lets BOOGIE!!!
image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Looks real nice!! EATPM on my list of pins to find.

#541 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hey guys I just finished putting a really cool mod on the game. Check out my topic in All Modding, New EATPM playfield skull led mod, pictures are up too. Contact Pinballdoctor1 (a Pinsider) if you want one.

This has to be one of the coolest mods yet! Good job, and a great location to put it!
Curious as to what this kit costs for all who can't resist?

#542 4 years ago
Quoted from karmalord:

This has to be one of the coolest mods yet! Good job, and a great location to put it!
Curious as to what this kit costs for all who can't resist?

Yes it does look and work great and not very much trouble to put on and look factory. There's even a hole in the pf under the right ramp in front to fish the wires through so the only wires you notice (not very much I might add) are running from the skulls on top of the plastic to behind the organ player plastic and down through the hole in the plastic for the ramp hex support then over to the pf hole under the ramp. To fish the wires through that hole I used a fairly stiff piece of wire and poked it up from under the pf then taped the 3 skull wires to it and pulled the wire with the 3 attached back through the hole from the underside. Worked like a charm.

PM Pinballdoctor1 and as him how much, he's in Belgium so shipping aint cheap but this mod is sooooo worth it. Tell him I sent you....I don't make anything on the sale, just helping to get a cool mod out there and help a fine Pinsider.

#543 4 years ago

The skulls look like the light up skulls in the auto department at Wal-Mart. Might want to check there first.
magicchiz

#545 4 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

Get this kit from Marco $4.95. You can try a couple different tensions and see what works the best.
springs.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Went with the green...

#546 4 years ago

Go to my post in All Modding, New EATPM playfield skull led mod.

#547 4 years ago

Posting a picture of my precioussss, just in order to joining the club!!!!!

B9UULfOIQAA8XXG.jpg
B9UVMrpIAAAN0lr.jpg

#548 4 years ago

Does anyone know where can I find those yellow decals for the ramps?

installednosigns.jpg

1 week later
#549 4 years ago

well, should be soon in this club, thats means 11 pages (not too much) to read...

#550 4 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Does anyone know where can I find those yellow decals for the ramps?
installednosigns.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I'm in the market to buy those 2 ramps.... Anyone?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 18.99
£ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
£ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys
There are 1181 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 24.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside