(Topic ID: 81677)

Elvira And The Party Monsters club-Monstrous!

By karmalord

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1494 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1496 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1495 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1502 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1501 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1500 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0226 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0208 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0209 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9281 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0206 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

There are 2,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 46.
#451 9 years ago

i made a pre order also, and also a TAF playfield
Now CPR adds 50 Bucks per Playfield, also for the Fish Tales Playfield, which i ordered before the new system came.
Another question: with the new CPR Elvira Plastiks, there are some, which must be rivetted. What kind of rivet tool and rivets must be used here?

#452 9 years ago

I also made the promise plunge on a playfield.

#453 9 years ago

also all in on the new playfield, have been waiting for years on this one, i hope it doesn't take many more to get it

2 weeks later
#454 9 years ago

This is nice,but I prefer a horizontal Elvira like the one with her on the couch. That would be more doable as a topper anyway.
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/assets/products/902282-elvira-your-heart-belongs-to-me/lg/902282-elvira-your-heart-belongs-to-me-003.jpg

#455 9 years ago
Quoted from spiroagnew:

You are missing a hanging clear plastic in pic 3...that's what is causing ball hang-ups there.

Thanks, I always wondered why mine did the exact same thing. And usually during a good game.

#456 9 years ago
Quoted from Flipper-Maniac:

i did not know, that translites can be damaged like this. It happened on the transport to a
pinball con.

Same thing happened to me. It was about 10 years ago and EATPM was my first pin. Hard learned lesson about moving pins. I never did replace the TL, but I probably will when I refurb my girl.

#457 9 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

I personally am not a REAL big fan of the yellow ribbed flipper bats. I had a new set of the whites laying around, and It needed new ones at the time, so I threw them in. I'm liking the original more and more however. Next teardown i'll likely add some.

Anyone know where I can get a couple sets?

#458 9 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

Anyone know where I can get a couple sets?

I got my from Bay Area Amusements.

#459 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I got my from Bay Area Amusements.

Thank you..

#460 9 years ago

The Mistress got a new topper tonight! I wired it to the backbox GI, so it turns ON and OFF with the lighting. It matches Wolfman's mug.

OffOff

OnOn

DarkDark

#461 9 years ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

The Mistress got a new topper tonight! I wired it to the backbox GI, so it turns ON and OFF with the with that lighting. It matches Wolfman's mug.
Off
On
Dark

IMG_1137.JPG 210 KB

IMG_1142.JPG 226 KB

IMG_1144.JPG 134 KB

To funny, I like it. Not to many will get the connection.

1 week later
#462 9 years ago

So good news. I picked up my EATPM today and she is home… Now for a couple of questions. Does anyone know of any place currently selling the ramps… The ones in this machine are ok but I would really like to replace the right return ramp/slide.. Also How about Decals? I know of one place that is selling them, but they want over 250 for them so I was wondering if there was any place selling them a bit cheaper…

Thanks everyone and very happy to be a member of the club..

#463 9 years ago

Lastly does anyone have any extra plastics they want to part with.. I need both the left and right slingshot/return lane cover plastics…

Thanks again!!

#464 9 years ago

Last I saw Pinballcenter in Germany had some, are those the ones for $250. Everyone else sold out the last run which was about 4 months ago and they went FAST. Decals were included also with those.

#465 9 years ago

Anyone have one on the westcoast for sale?

#466 9 years ago

So good news. I picked up my EATPM today and she is home… Now for a couple of questions. Does anyone know of any place currently selling the ramps… The ones in this machine are ok but I would really like to replace the right return ramp/slide.. Also How about Decals? I know of one place that is selling them, but they want over 250 for them so I was wondering if there was any place selling them a bit cheaper…
Thanks everyone and very happy to be a member of the club..

Yeah, those ramps sold wicked quick and took forever for them to get produced. I'm not sure who is taking over for James at Pinball Inc.,but he would be the person to ask if there are any seconds laying around now that all the dust has settled.

#467 9 years ago
Quoted from karmalord:

Yeah, those ramps sold wicked quick and took forever for them to get produced. I'm not sure who is taking over for James at Pinball Inc.,but he would be the person to ask if there are any seconds laying around now that all the dust has settled.

Yeah they are and everytime we get the same old song and dance..."we only have a license to make so many" and "we only make so many because what if they don't sell and we have to sit on them". I say to that.

#468 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yeah they are and everytime we get the same old song and dance..."we only have a license to make so many" and "we only make so many because what if they don't sell and we have to sit on them". I say to that.

Yeah,that does sound familiar.

#469 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Last I saw Pinballcenter in Germany had some, are those the ones for $250. Everyone else sold out the last run which was about 4 months ago and they went FAST. Decals were included also with those.

Nope...

#470 9 years ago

Can someone tell me the order of the 4 pin connector that goes behind the deadheads? The ones in the back of the playfield.

#471 9 years ago
Quoted from spiroagnew:

Pic one shows the seven wires leading to the connector. Pics 2 and 3 are the connector from top and bottom. Pin configuration is as follows:
[YELLOW/Purp Trace]
[KEY BLANK]
[RED/Purp Trace]
[RED/Blk Trace]
[RED]
Yellow/Purp terminates at the connector, but the three others are IDC connected mid-wire to allow the wire's signal to continue on. Hence the reason seven wires are pictured in the group heading to the connector, but just four pins to fill. Hope this helps.
Rob
creditdotpinball.com

00-dead3.jpg 17 KB

00-dead1.jpg 22 KB

00-dead2.jpg 15 KB

2manypins: This was posted on the previous page of this thread. Hope this helps,Cheers!

#472 9 years ago

Exactly what I needed. Thanks!

#473 9 years ago

Hey everyone.. Just joined the EATPM club the weekend after Christmas.. I need someones help.. Can someone take a picture of the right side of their party ramp.. What I need to see is this…

IMG_1025.jpgIMG_1025.jpg
IMG_1024.jpgIMG_1024.jpg

Is there a wireform that goes in those holes between the ramp post and the steal post? I can imagine nothing goes there but I can't for the life of me figure out what goes there?

Thanks,

Paul

#474 9 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

Ok. I FINALLY fixed my multiball issue. Some may have seen my other posts about the ball not shooting over the wall and landing the ball in the pop bumper area consistently. I took some windings off my coil to beef it up and that got me the ball in that area about 80-90% of the time, but I could tell something still wasn't right. Here's what the real problem was:
The nuts that were holding the plastic were high enough that the ball would hit the nuts and bounce the ball up into the overhead ramp or back into the lane down the middle.
I switched from posts with nuts on top, to screws and now there is nothing in the way except the rounded screw head. Bingo. Not sure if these posts were originally posts with nuts or just screws.
Hope this helps someone else who may be having a similar problem.

Having this issue on my multiballs as well. I am going to start with replacing the nuts with screws to see if the balls will clear the center lane into the pop bumper area. Often they bounce back into the lock and the multiball now becomes a single ball until it drains and goes through a ball search. Often,when the balls do manage to clear, they go straight down the middle.

#475 9 years ago

Replacing nuts with screws didn't work for me. I took 70 winds off the coil,and still only getting 2/3 over center lane from skull lock.I started building up end of ramp to try for more air and it worked 3 times(9 balls) in a row while manipulating it,but during game play it was only about 80%. I have a plastic protector over the blob plastic,so I'm gonna take that off to see if that's the culprit.
If that does the trick I think trying to raise the ramp angle a little more to clear the double layered Blob plastic should work.

I won't settle for anything less than 100% on this as I feel it is important the balls land in the pop bumper area . One popping out straight down the middle is just unacceptable when trying to hit a Jackpot,but cracking a hard to get Blob plastic by leaving the protector off isn't wise either.

#476 9 years ago

To clarify my earlier question is there anything that goes where the blue arrow is in the following picture?

342137-i.jpg342137-i.jpg

I would think that there would be something there to keep the ball from getting stuck under the ramp..

Thanks

#477 9 years ago

Yup your missing a metal guard wire, the other hole for it is just behind the black rubber at the beginning of the blue arrow. If you took it apart you should have it in your parts tray.

#478 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yup your missing a metal guard wire, the other hole for it is just behind the black rubber at the beginning of the blue arrow. If you took it apart you should have it in your parts tray.

I will have to search my parts table, but I am pretty sure I didn't remove it... Anyway I will make one if I can't find it, unless someone knows where to buy one? Marco is out of them...

#479 9 years ago

If you can make it it will probably save you a ton of money.

#480 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

If you can make it it will probably save you a ton of money.

I think it was like a buck or two when in stock. Shipping is what is killer on something like that but I have other things I need to order from there so that would help with that...

#481 9 years ago

I think it was like a buck or two when in stock. Shipping is what is killer on something like that but I have other things I need to order from there so that would help with that...

Yeah that's what I was thinking also.

#482 9 years ago
Quoted from karmalord:

Talked with James and they sold all the ramps they had for Elvira to Starship-Fantasy.com who took over making ramps for Pinball Inc.

Called Larry at Starship Fantasy and he said he hoped to make another run of Elvira ramps this year.

Larry Rosenthal, CEO
Starship Fantasy
6607 W Vista Bonita Dr
Glendale, AZ 85310-5740
www.starship-fantasy.com
[email protected]
cell: 602-228-7333

#483 9 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

Talked with James and they sold all the ramps they had for Elvira to Starship-Fantasy.com who took over making ramps for Pinball Inc.
Called Larry at Starship Fantasy and he said he hoped to make another run of Elvira ramps this year.
Larry Rosenthal, CEO
Starship Fantasy
6607 W Vista Bonita Dr
Glendale, AZ 85310-5740
http://www.starship-fantasy.com
[email protected]
cell: 602-228-7333

Yep talked to Larry as well.

#484 9 years ago

Are their ramps that much thicker then originals?

#485 9 years ago

Yes they are thicker on James runs it appears. I don't know anything about Starship and their capabilities or abilities to produce ramps however.

#486 9 years ago

I am getting new ramps and putting Cliffy's on them as well.

I will let you know how much thicker the Starship Ramps are...

#487 9 years ago

When I talked to James the way he described it is that Starship took over the ramp business from them. That would lead me to believe they both use the same process.. So if the ramps were thicker with James I would think the ramps would be that way with Starship.

#488 9 years ago

The thickness is very important on the water slide ramp.

#489 9 years ago

The ball doesn't come out of the hole all the time. What's missing here? Anyone have a picture of this area? Thanks!

image.jpgimage.jpg
#490 9 years ago

From the picture it looks like the plastic saucer is broken and it's really hard to see the upkicker lever. My guess would be to replace the saucer which is very easy and when you have the kicker off take it apart and clean off the pivot pin, the old grease from the factory may be hard. Go the the the post "Ball eject problems on ToTAN". Look for the link for pinballrevolutions which details how to take apart and clean the pivot pin. Hope this helps.

#491 9 years ago

Had a EATPM and a Scared Stiff and sold them both. I miss the EATPM

#492 9 years ago
Quoted from Gort:

Had a EATPM and a Scared Stiff and sold them both. I miss the EATPM

That's why my EATPM isn't going anywhere.

#493 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

From the picture it looks like the plastic saucer is broken and it's really hard to see the upkicker lever. My guess would be to replace the saucer which is very easy and when you have the kicker off take it apart and clean off the pivot pin, the old grease from the factory may be hard. Go the the the post "Ball eject problems on ToTAN". Look for the link for pinballrevolutions which details how to take apart and clean the pivot pin. Hope this helps.

What does the plastic saucer look like? The kicker works fine, but when it kicks the ball out of the hole it falls back in the hole. And it's keep happening over and over.. Etc..

#494 9 years ago

Here a couple of pictures, notice on the new clear one it has 2 tabs that stick up, they prevent the ball from coming back down. The third pict is an old one with one tab broken off where every once in a while the ball would fall back in. Your saucer probably has both tabs broken off. The new one is clear red and looks great with a socket and a flex red led lighting it up from the underside.

IMGA0620.JPGIMGA0620.JPG IMGA0621.JPGIMGA0621.JPG IMGA0622.JPGIMGA0622.JPG IMGA0837.JPGIMGA0837.JPG IMGA0850.JPGIMGA0850.JPG
#495 9 years ago

The problem may not be the kicker, but the flap that allows the ball to pass through into the pops.
This flap has been my nemesis since I got the game. I have even replaced the flap and ground the new one so the ball will pass through without getting stuck or knocked back into the kicker with only minimal success.

#496 9 years ago

Just checked the plastic piece and nothing looks broken. It does appear to hit the flap and fall back into the hole. Is there any fix to this?

#497 9 years ago

This is a tough one as it is very difficult to do anything to this area without removing ramps or playfield to access it. Once apart,you can better simulate its movement and fix any binding etc.

I am still little stumped at what the root cause of the flap failure is however. At times mine will still reject the ball back into the hole. Other times the flap will catch the ball,despite shortening it causing a ball search. Most of the time the ball does make it through,but it's not 100% by any means. if you discover the main culprit in your journeys,please share!

#498 9 years ago

It's almost like the kicker is to powerful and it hits the side of the flap and falls back into the hole. I was thinking I could bend it up higher but the problem with doing that is the ramp is in the way. The ramp is practically sitting right on top of the ball flap(gate).. It looks like mine has two little washers on the screws that hold it in place..

Here's a better picture of that area..

image.jpgimage.jpg
#499 9 years ago

OK how about this, if you look at my last picture you see a piece of metal that is above the hole. On my game if I look straight down on the hole that metal piece covers about 3/4 of the hole. I don't really see it on your game. With the angle you took your picture I should clearly see that metal piece over the hole. It deflects the ball from going more upward which then will shoot it more sideways.

Straight over the hole.
IMGA0623.JPGIMGA0623.JPG

From the front at an angle.
IMGA0624.JPGIMGA0624.JPG

From the front more of an angle.
IMGA0625.JPGIMGA0625.JPG

#500 9 years ago

Aw man thanks, that's the problem my metal piece broke off against the wall.. Do you know where I can buy a new one at? Thanks!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 70.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement
Cabinet parts
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
£ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-and-the-party-monsters-club-monsterous/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.