(Topic ID: 81677)

Elvira And The Party Monsters club-Monstrous!

By karmalord

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1494 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1496 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1495 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1502 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1501 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1500 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0226 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0208 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0209 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9281 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0206 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

There are 2,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 46.
#1 10 years ago

I did a search and to my amazement found no club dedicated to all things EATPM.
This is a classic pin and anyone who currently owns one, or has in the past, is welcome to share pics,info.mods,vids,
tips,upgrades,restorations and troubleshooting help. "Hey Lets Party!"

Some additional cool related links:

http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=EATPM&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick
-Info as provided by Internet Pinball Database

http://robertwinter.com/pinball/eatpm/index.html- Roberts awesome website dedicated to the development of EATPM!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chronological-evolution-of-an-eatpm-Patofnaud's epic makeover of an EATPM!

#2 10 years ago

I used to own one..

Did the boney flipper finger mod, green superbands, and Cointaker LED kit...

Looked nice, but never cared for the shot layout. Not sure where it is now.....

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

boney flipper finger mod

The one I bought already had that mod, as well as LED strips in the apron and behind the playfield to brighten it up, and the crossover circuit upgrade that the Korn reccommends
http://www.thekorn.net/speakers

Working on an eyeball shooter for it now
eyeball.jpgeyeball.jpg

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

The one I bought already had that mod, as well as LED strips in the apron and behind the playfield to brighten it up, and the crossover circuit upgrade that the Korn reccommends

eyeball.jpg 72 KB

Is that floating?

If so you making extra.

Chris

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

eyeball.jpg 72 KB

Very cool Toyotaboy , would love to see some pics of that table with the Led strips!
Mine is in the second phase of restoration. I say 2nd as when I got it a few months back it needed several bulbs, plastics, and cleaning which I have done. Still needs quite a bit though. Will get a few pics up soon.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Is that floating?

If so you making extra.

It IS floating, and I do have parts to make a spare (other eyeball sent to me is green, I'm keeping the blue since that's elvira's eye color). First person to PM me gets dibs. $20 + shipping.

#7 10 years ago

Nice, real tempted on that one!
Couple of pics of what I have accomplished so far in my restoration journey:
New Jam plastic: Realized these two get broken the most, so I made plastic protectors for both
Monster decals and JAM plastic.jpgMonster decals and JAM plastic.jpg
Plastic protector is more noticeable on Blob. May trim down a bit more later.
Blob plastic.jpgBlob plastic.jpg

#8 10 years ago

I restored and clearcoated my playfield, but still need to redo my cab decals, they're ROUGH. Machine was routed pretty bad before I brought it back to life. I have a couple custom things on it I'll document when I get a chance.

I made a couple custom eyeball shooters using high end acrylic eyes, they look super nice, but I put one on my Scared Stiff, and I dunno that I want EATPM to match, too similar, so put a new black shooter knob on instead.

#9 10 years ago

Wow...hard to believe there was never a EATPM Club! I hope to join someday...

#10 10 years ago

Yeah decals/cabinet are rough on mine too. Have some coming in about 4 weeks, but will have to do some major sanding and wood bondo first before any decals.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from karmalord:

major sanding and wood bondo first before any decals

Hence why I haven't done my decals yet.

#12 10 years ago

Cabinet work is my favorite part...to each his own. However, I have a shop with a homemade paint booth, compressor, and all the tools. Makes a big difference.

Here is one I picked up for $350 in boxes. Only totally restored game that I have kept. I purchased an Alps printers just to generate the insert decal of Elvira on her knees.

Bob

108_9103.JPG108_9103.JPG 108_9109.JPG108_9109.JPG
#13 10 years ago

I have a whole thread dedicated to rebuilding/modding my EATPM.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chronological-evolution-of-an-eatpm

Full LEDs, Boney flippers, Super Bands, EL-wire on both ramps, lighted flipper buttons, full powder coat including all habitrails, Cliffy's on both ramps, Cliffy post rubbers, Ruby colored shooter, Pinguard leg protectors..

I bought this machine around 1992 for $1000 which was a lot for a machine back then, but she was also a younger machine then.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from Patofnaud:

I have a whole thread dedicated to rebuilding/modding my EATPM

you win

#15 10 years ago

Btw, have a NOS playfield available for this. See previous post;

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fsft-nos-eatpm-playfield

#16 10 years ago

Wow Patofnaud, just spent an hour over at that restore thread you did,and am impressed with your sense of creativity.
I am in the very early stages on mine,but you and others have really opened my eyes to the possibilities .
That mod on the right bumper where the ball does get hung up is a great idea I will use right away.

I think originality is important in a restore unless you are aiming at doing a full factory original, and would never encourage fully replicating another project. However, these are great ideas that I will more than likely borrow from nonetheless! I am curious to what the final cost was of your project was?

#17 10 years ago

Shiiiiiiny glass!

187395.jpg187395.jpg
#18 10 years ago

I've been told by Rick at PPS that repro playfields should be available in the next couple of months.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from karmalord:

I am curious to what the final cost was of your project was?

Its like restoring a car you love, if you tracked the cost to rebuild it, your wife would kill you.

If I had to venture a guess? Between 400-600? Maybe? It was over the course of about 8 months.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I've been told by Rick at PPS that repro playfields should be available in the next couple of months.

Nice. I think I ended up doing a good enough restore job on mine that I'll just keep it, but hope to see some good looking EATPMs out there.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Patofnaud:

Its like restoring a car you love, if you tracked the cost to rebuild it, your wife would kill you.
If I had to venture a guess? Between 400-600? Maybe? It was over the course of about 8 months.

Unfortunately my wife does all the tracking here,lol

Quoted from Aurich:

Nice. I think I ended up doing a good enough restore job on mine that I'll just keep it, but hope to see some good looking EATPMs out there.

Look forward to seeing yours when those Decals are on too.
Please link some of those restore pics you did when you get a chance. Lots of good techniques used there!

#22 10 years ago

Have yet to rebuild flippers to newer WMS specs,but have original flippers still intact!
IMG_20140222_133631.jpgIMG_20140222_133631.jpg

Original apron cards still on Pin,still deciding which customs to add.
IMG_20140222_134028.jpgIMG_20140222_134028.jpg

Probably the biggest flaw on the machine,chunk of cabinet ply gone.
IMG_20131220_014702.jpgIMG_20131220_014702.jpg

This Pin was routed in the Salem Or. area and was owned by a couple of women for the past 8+ years before I got it
about two months ago.
IMG_20131220_123626.jpgIMG_20131220_123626.jpg

#23 10 years ago

Nice! Looks like it held up great all these years. Speaking of using newer flipper parts, what do you mean specifically? Putting in a DMD flipper rebuild kit? On older games can you actually replace the coil retaining brackets and stops to allow the coil to be rotated properly? Some older games came with the lugs on the coil stop side from the factory. I hear that causes wires to break more frequently.

#24 10 years ago

Vids guide to flipper rebuild addresses this conversion from System 11 games. Has to do with the spring type and location.

#25 10 years ago

So my Boogie men aren't Boogying

They both shake like they are tryin to boogie, but not like the see saw boogie in quick succession that is supposed to happen like the vid. Anyone ever have this problem?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=SdpUoFEwUNg

#26 10 years ago

Probably the linkage from the boogiemen to the coil armature under the playfield isn't connected properly.

#27 10 years ago

Check the return spring and coil sleeve.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

Look what I just won.
ebay.com link » Elvira Hand Signed 1989 Party Monsters Nice Pinball Manual

That's pretty cool.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from karmalord:

Vids guide to flipper rebuild addresses this conversion from System 11 games. Has to do with the spring type and location.

Yes, uses the WPC-style return spring which is mounted on the side bracket, instead of a coil around the plunger. It's a better way to do it, some people claim it's snappier, I dunno.

I did it on my Elvira when I rebuilt the flippers, it's not hard. Here's the thread:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-upgradingrebuilding-flippers

#33 10 years ago

Here's a couple quickies of mine. All I have here at work for the moment. Sorry for the bad picsE5.jpgE5.jpgE2.jpgE2.jpge 1-264.jpge 1-264.jpgE4-507.jpgE4-507.jpg

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Probably the linkage from the boogiemen to the coil armature under the playfield isn't connected properly.

Checked the spring and it's still attached. Went into coil test and they go up and down fine . In play after she says "Lets Boogie" the right one goes down, left one up, and they just kinda shimmer from there. This is a faster Boogie I noticed than in test,which is more of an "oompa-loompa" dance.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from karmalord:

Checked the spring and it's still attached. Went into coil test and they go up and down fine . In play after she says "Lets Boogie" the right one goes down, left one up, and they just kinda shimmer from there. This is a faster Boogie I noticed than in test,which is more of an "oompa-loompa" dance.

I had that happen once. One of the boogie men was getting caught up in the wire ramp, check to make sure they're clearing 100%.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Here's a couple quickies of mine. All I have here at work for the moment. Sorry for the bad pics

E5.jpg 366 KB

E2.jpg 311 KB

e 1-264.jpg 298 KB

E4-507.jpg 215 KB

Looks great. I like the mirror blades. How they holding up?

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Looks great. I like the mirror blades. How they holding up?

I've tried to minimize lifting the playfield since I put them on. So far they've held up well. Just have to be careful. I think they look great. Put some on yours yet? Gonna put some on Cyclone this weekend. How's your Elvira doin? Still havn't seen pics of that translite.. Sorry I missed gettin out there for your last 2 get togethers. Been just too busy.

#38 10 years ago

Yo can run a felt strip on the sides of the playfield to avoid scratching those up I believe.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Put some on yours yet?

Not yet, been buyin other crap but I did put a wild 12v led strip on the apron behind the out lane guides.

Quoted from Bohdi:

How's your Elvira doin?

Pretty as ever.

Quoted from Bohdi:

Still havn't seen pics of that translite

and you won't see any...only in person.

Quoted from Bohdi:

Sorry I missed gettin out there for your last 2 get togethers.

Just let me know when ya got some free time.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from karmalord:

Yo can run a felt strip on the sides of the playfield to avoid scratching those up I believe.

The people who make them think it's a bad idea.

#41 10 years ago

shooter rod finished
EATPM_eyeball_shooter_mod.jpgEATPM_eyeball_shooter_mod.jpg

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

shooter rod finished

» YouTube video

EATPM_eyeball_shooter_mod.jpg 178 KB

That's cool, I like the way the eye moves. I noticed you don't pull the rod back by the eye ball. Because it will come unglued?

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I noticed you don't pull the rod back by the eye ball. Because it will come unglued?

It's still curing, I didn't want it to separate so I was being careful. I used JB weld, doubt it will come apart once it's dried.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

The people who make them think it's a bad idea.

It IS a bad idea. I originally tried that when I put mine on. Found some real nice thin felt, put it on both sides of the playfield, what a mess. It's fine without it, trust me.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Not yet, been buyin other crap but I did put a wild 12v led strip on the apron behind the out lane guides.

Like to see how that turned out. I just mounted some LEDS for the flipper buttons in my Cyclone, EATPM is next.

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Like to see how that turned out. I just mounted some LEDS for the flipper buttons in my Cyclone, EATPM is next.

It looks really cool I think. Gotta get around to doin that one of these days. Ever go to the Axeman store on University Ave, about 6 blocks west of Snelling on the right side of the street in St Paul? They have #47 sockets with wires attached for 25 cents each, they work great.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

It looks really cool I think. Gotta get around to doin that one of these days. Ever go to the Axeman store on University Ave, about 6 blocks west of Snelling on the right side of the street in St Paul? They have #47 sockets with wires attached for 25 cents each, they work great.

I never get out that way near St Paul. That's a good price though. Sockets were like a buck from PBL, then I just grabbed some wire from work. Have pics of the LED strip installed?

#48 10 years ago

I could stop and grab a bunch for ya if you'd like. I'll get a pic up today sometime.

#49 10 years ago

Ya know Paul, I'm only gonna need 2 more sockets so I wouldn't worry about it, but thanks though. Plus I'm not exactly close. Unless your coming out my way sometime soon for some reason?? looking forward to seeing that pic..

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 2,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-and-the-party-monsters-club-monsterous and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.