• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2017-09-05 at 8.53.33 AM (resized).png
#1 6 years ago

Scared Stiff & Elvira and The Party Monsters, 1996 Bally: $60,000 for both
Brand new. In original crates, never taken out. These machines are from the personal collection of Cassandra Peterson (AKA Elvira). All reasonable offers will be considered.
S. Marcus
[email protected], Los Angeles, California 90004

I certainly think these would be a great find but am I the only one who thinks the price is crazy? Maybe there are guys who would pay this?

I remember years ago someone posting they had bought the Party Monsters pin Elvira was given for her work. I wonder if she received more than one?

#2 6 years ago

I'd buy 2 from other sources, then book her to personally come to my place, hang out and play pinball for the afternoon, sign and take photos with me, and it would be a lot cheaper.

Screen Shot 2017-09-05 at 8.53.33 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-09-05 at 8.53.33 AM (resized).png

#3 6 years ago

Nothing surprises me anymore.

#4 6 years ago

Prices are fine. I mean why not?

But one has to wonder just how many of these games Elvira had squirrled away. They've been selling these "elvira-owned NIB elviras" for about 15 years. Did she really dedicate a basement to storing a dozen of these for decades?

#5 6 years ago

At $60,000 Im sure she would LOL.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

But one has to wonder just how many of these games Elvira had squirrled away. They've been selling these "elvira-owned NIB elviras" for about 15 years. Did she really dedicate a basement to storing a dozen of these for decades?

She did mention during her talk at TPF this year that she had "several" unopened ones in her house still.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

She did mention during her talk at TPF this year that she had "several" unopened ones in her house still.

I'm wondering if the definition of "Elvira-owned" and "NIB" is a little looser after all these years.

I bet one of the old Williams peeps might know how many of these she actually got in the deal. I mean, if they actually could stand us and posted here.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

LOL yeah prices are fine? What do you think it's gonna do to every other scared stiff & Elvira pin?

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

LOL yeah prices are fine? What do you think it's gonna do to every other scared stiff & Elvira pin?

Couldn't care less. Price whining is boring and I was priced out of those two titles years ago anyway.

#10 6 years ago

Are you telling me that Cassandra doesn't actually like pinball?
She is just in in for the money?
She has been manipulating us with her boobies this whole time?

#11 6 years ago

Scott does say reasonable offers will be considered.

$60k isn't reasonable. Maybe 20.

#12 6 years ago

One has to wonder if the batteries on the boards have leaked. If these machines have been in their original crates and never opened, then how do you know the cpu boards are good and not battery damaged?

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

One has to wonder if the batteries on the boards have leaked. If these machines have been in their original crates and never opened, then how do you know the cpu boards are good and not battery damaged?

One has to wonder if this is a concern worth raising every single time an old NIB game comes up for sale.

$300 buys you a new CPU. Not an issue for someone buying a $30,000 game.

#14 6 years ago

20 is too much but an asking price of 20 isn't crazy... But it doesn't really matter what I think.

#15 6 years ago

She's clearing out room for several unopened boxes of her new Stern version which will be arriving soon.

#16 6 years ago

If you want a NIB SS and EATPM from Cassandra, this is your chance.

Luckily, I own Dennis Nordman's sample SS and Caassandra's personal HUO EATPM so I'm out!

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They've been selling these "elvira-owned NIB elviras" for about 15 years. Did she really dedicate a basement to storing a dozen of these for decades?

I helped her auction a NIB SS in Dec. 2002. It sold for $10.3K. The buyer met with Cassandra, opened the game and had it signed.
http://robertwinter.com/pinball/ss/ebay/index.htm

I also helped her sell/ship her personal HUO SS a couple of years later. We shipped this directly out of her house to the new owner.

In 2014 I sold the NIB SS I had purchased from her around 2000. It was opened by the new owner.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I helped her auction a NIB SS in Dec. 2002. It sold for $10.3K. The buyer met with Cassandra, opened the game and had it signed.
http://robertwinter.com/pinball/ss/ebay/index.htm
I also helped her sell/ship her personal HUO SS a couple of years later. We shipped this directly out of her house to the new owner.
In 2014 I sold the NIB SS I had purchased from her around 2000. It was opened by the new owner.
» YouTube video

I remember all of this well, it was all the talk on RGP!

I'm just a little surprised/skeptical they are still coming out of the woodwork. And never heard she had any EATPM games.

#19 6 years ago

It would seem that RobertWinter knows Cassandra well enough to help her sell some games as well as buy a game or two from her. Surely he would know if there are more games squirreled away in her basement...

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

It would seem that robertwinter knows Cassandra well enough to help her sell some games as well as buy a game or two from her. Surely he would know if there are more games squirreled away in her basement...

Surely he would.

He didn't say she did. His post was just a stroll down memory lane.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

She has been manipulating us with her boobies this whole time?

Works for me.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

It would seem that robertwinter knows Cassandra well enough to help her sell some games as well as buy a game or two from her. Surely he would know if there are more games squirreled away in her basement...

I do know. It's not my place to divulge that information.

#23 6 years ago

Good , more people need to know how to keep quiet. I hope she has a 1000 of them and get $ 30000 for all of them

#24 6 years ago

I wouldn't expect you to...it just seemed like some folks were thinking that she couldn't possibly have more than one game that was considered her "personal" game. It seems that they are incorrect and that she has more than one. How many she has isn't our business. If she's got a bunch and can supplement her income with them, more power to her.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
£ 38.00
$ 70.00
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

£ 49.00
9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weeki Wachee, FL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Towson, MD
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.99
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

£ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-ad-on-mr-pinball-today and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.