20191106_150140 (resized).jpg
20191106_143111.jpg
20191106_135932.jpg
20191106_140206.jpg
4DFF5D79-EBCB-4729-B9C9-8F242EE6BD58 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #23 copy of Elvira tweet about being at TPF2017 Posted by Mar (7 years ago)

Post #63 mnpinball comments on the speculation about Elvira 3 Posted by mnpinball (7 years ago)

Post #3843 What to check when you first receive Elvira Posted by jfh (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballaddicted.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#626 5 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

Speaking to a distro a couple of days ago he let slip that Elvira 3 might be the next pin released. I'm hoping he is right.

We will be broke if that info is correct!

4 months later
#670 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Dennis Nordman designed it.

That does not mean Stern will make it how he designed it and meant for it to play. And I am a Stern fan.

#672 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

This seems to be a release modeled after Batman '66. So there will be no Pro model.
I don't think anyone has to worry about a bobble head Elvira.

We love the bobble head on DP! I am looking forward to the release of the game. I am hoping it is next.

3 months later
#1834 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Arent any of you NIB buyers worried about playfield issues?

We are always worried about playfield issues since GBLE in 2016. Stern have never lets us down before so we trust they will look after us if any issues arise.

If we all stop buying NIB games the playfield issue will never be resolved. All that will happen is Stern will stop trading. That is definitely not a good thing for our hobby.

What is the absolute worst thing that can happen? Game chips out and looks shit, you drop a bucket load of cash. Life is still good.

#2319 4 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

I’d be a little concerned with possible playfield issues after a lot of people mentioning that the LE’s have been complete for awhile now. I wonder what (if any) clear coat or chipping issues might exist.
But honestly, I think HUO is so much better money spent than the NIB experience. That also helps evaluate exactly what you’re buying.

Our distro told us yesterday that 3ElviraLE would start to be made at the end of next week, available for shipping 15th October.

#2348 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

I fell in love with EATPM when I was 16 working at Hurst Bowl. Knew nothing about pinball from 1995 until 2017 when I bought my first machine, an EATPM. Fell in love with SS at Tornado Terry's. I have been waiting for this machine since I found out about it. Said it would be my first NIB purchase, and it is! I am so stoked! Now I just need to find a decent SS.

Welcome to the club! I think this will be a great game. Cannot wait to have a flip.

1 week later
#2876 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yeah your distributor is really taking advantage. Not good.

No they are not taking advantage of anyone, our distro in Australia is very good. Our dollar is still going down.

#2877 4 years ago

Half our games are Lyman, and we love them. In Lyman we trust!

Game is expensive so I feel most of the complaining has more to do with the price and playfield issues than game and gameplay. We have been very spoilt for choice over the last few years and hopefully this will continue. I agree the code on this is still in early stages but I actually like that, I like seeing the code progress.

Australia is about to go in to a recession, dollar is still falling to its lowest level in the last 11 years, so I would expect pinball sales to take a hit.

#2902 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

I agree, our distributor has been excellent for a very long time. For this title the maths just don't equate for me. The recommended price in the USA is being listed as $9599 for the LE. Which is not the price any distributor will be buying the games, it's just the recommended sale price in the USA. Like every release, the actual sale prices in the USA are always lower, in fact numerous people on every release post here to say they have ordered at a lower price than the MRSP.
I base my opinion on the following factors, the distributor cost, the current exchange rate, add shipping and GST (tax), what remains is the margin. For me the price point set by Stern, our exchange rate and the other factors involved in arriving at this price point changes my decision to purchase and it appears to have influenced the decision of a number of other Aussie buyers.

USD$9599 / 0.67 = AUD$14,326.87 + 10% GST = $15759.56

Yes I agree, the game is expensive and this alone has taken away sales in Australia.

#2906 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Exactly, don't know where he's coming up with this price gouging stuff.

Did you get a 3lviraLE? It is hard to keep up with all the new releases!

We could not say no to Lyman. I do not think many of these are going to end up on Australia. Same like TWDLE.

#2909 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

No pinballaddicted - just going to sit on my hands here. Theme is not a must have for me so ill play the premium and decide from there. Give the code some time to mature - which im sure it will.

Good decision, for us must have. I think the code is going to take a while, like BM66.

#2912 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Nice. For Elvira fans it's a lay down misere. I really liked the old campy horror films and think Lyman will make full use of those. I've got 3 games incoming so not only can I be picky, I have to be.
Trying to decide what to let go at the moment, but when you have to choose between ASLE, IMDNLE and ACDC Luci, it gets very tough.

Ohh.. tough choices there. We picked the band we liked the least and it was still a tough choice because I loved the game.

New Pin days to make up for it.

#2927 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

You don't think Stern is price gouging on this title?

Some people do not see enough value for money in this title to purchase one. Simple

#3214 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Played my LE today. I think everyone needs to calm.down trust me this game is gonna be great. The gameplay is early but great. It has early code but the core thats there is killer[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks fantastic. Thanks very much for sharing.

#3258 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Guys im pretty picky if you look at my collection i think i have good tatse. This game is rock solid and could become one of my favorites. Im making a laser cut air ball deflector ill keep you guys posted i think stern could take awhile. This game is worth the wait guys. Also i put pinstadiums in its not a debate if you need them or what ever im just saying. It let me switch some of the GI out from white to purple. I thought it was dumb the night sky behind the house had white lights. Now its much more mood setting. If you dont have pinstadiums it could make the game kinda dark. I got the beta code from lyman today looks like we are on .86[quoted image]

Thanks very much for sharing! We are looking forward to getting our game.

Could you please tell us where you think you will be needing the air ball protector for? We make them for all our games as needed. I think air balls are the number 1 contributer to ghosting inserts.

#3437 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

My game shipped with .80, and then I upgraded to .83
Please note, I needed to do the upgrade via the "SD Card Image Install". The normal USB install won't work because the file size is too large for a FAT32 USB drive.

Did you try a 16GB USB drive?

#3440 4 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

FAT32 wont let file sizes over 4gb on to memory sticks

Thanks very much for the info, appreciate it. Instructions on the read me file say to put file on a USB.

#3522 4 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Interesting
Tried twice. Same USB I use for all other games. Keeps saying wrong spk file.
Magicchiz

Did you formatt the USB before dragging the files over? Could be a dud USB drive as well. Try a new USB. That has been our issue a couple of times.

#3577 4 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Tx T7 for the detailed list. And yes that seems enough for a deep ruleset.
The game just feels far from finished at this point, and that's something they should avoid at any time in the future.
I thought with the aerosmith, kiss, ghostbusters, got updates now done. Descent releases of star wars, iron maiden, deadpool, ..
That every release from now on would be quite 1.0...

We like getting new Stern games with the code half cooked. Watching the game progress with code is part of the fun. Plenty of Pinsiders love 3lvira already.

Vote with your wallet. Buy the game when you are sure you will love it. If you do not love it leave it.

2 weeks later
#3785 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCoinSlotTC:

Played for the first time on a LE on location in AZ this weekend. Pretty fun, and had decently long ball times. Ball trough seemed like it had already taken a beating and was chipping away considering how long it has been out. It's better looking in person for sure.[quoted image]

Thanks very much for posting, gives us a good view of the shooter lane.

For what it is worth we fit Cliffy's to our shooter lanes before we plunge a ball. The chipping is disappointing and I think unfortunately here to stay.

#3788 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Okay...
Seems like I have a similar issue with my LE. I got playfield wear already in my shooter lane right around the same spot... I will post pics later. My playfield is dimpled to hell, but no other damage...
Now, I have played the heck out of Elvira. Probably around 30-50 hours already. But, still my Iron Maiden has less dimpling and no wear on the shooter lane.
I know wear and tear and dimples will happen. Modern games and modern speed.
But, anything I can do to protect my shooter lane from getting worse. No doubt its caused by the ball kick out. Its not a big deal I know. But, again I just want to stay on top of it.
Thanks in advance.

Is there a setting to reduce the power of the shooter lane kick out? If there is, turn it right down and it should stop the damage to the shooter lane. We do not have our game so I cannot check for you.

Cliffy's will cover up most of the damage if the shooter lane if already chipped out.

#3790 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I'll check the settings.
Another member messaged me about a cliffy protector. But, that doesn't cover the area in question where mine is starting to wear. Again... Not a big deal I know... Because, as worn shooter lane really won't impact much. And also this game's skillshot is already basically unmake-able so I short plunge.
But, I know we all like our pins to look the best. And I only want the best for Elvira.

The Cliffy s should look like the photo when installed and hide any damage.

15724842854418719057706585249869 (resized).jpg15724842854418719057706585249869 (resized).jpg
#3794 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

https://mezelmods.com/products/pinball-shooter-lane-protector?variant=19380931985505
Thinking about getting one of these... Provided it fits my machine. What do you guys think?
And I'll take a picture of it tomorrow and post before I order anything.

We have used them before. Easy to fit and do a nice job.

Good Luck!

1 week later
#3853 4 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Cliffy is the best! I ended up doctoring up a Star Wars protector that I had sitting around. Glad to hear that he's back up and running after having to deal with the wildfires.
Can someone tell me why the shooter Lane varies from machine to machine? Why isn't that like the most standard thing ever on a pinball machine?

Thanks for sharing that. We are hoping we can get an IMDN one to fit while we wait.

Not sure why all the shooter lanes in the games are different. I have noticed the RHS cliffy has been the same since around SW (metal playfield side rails).

3 months later
#3865 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Where’s the Topper ?

Only a couple of teaser pics so far.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballaddicted.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-the-official-thread?tu=pinballaddicted and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.