20191106_150140 (resized).jpg
20191106_143111.jpg
20191106_135932.jpg
20191106_140206.jpg
4DFF5D79-EBCB-4729-B9C9-8F242EE6BD58 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #23 copy of Elvira tweet about being at TPF2017 Posted by Mar (7 years ago)

Post #63 mnpinball comments on the speculation about Elvira 3 Posted by mnpinball (7 years ago)

Post #3843 What to check when you first receive Elvira Posted by jfh (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider noquarters.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#432 6 years ago

Elvira and the Munsters. I want to see these two games made. I'd probably purchase both if made in Pro configuration.

1 month later
#438 5 years ago

EXCELLENT !

3 months later
#464 5 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

A couple of other Pinsiders and I chatted with Cassandra Peterson a few weeks ago (April 14th) at Monsterpalooza. We asked about the game, and here’s what she told us:
1. Yes, the game is happening.
2. The artwork is gorgeous.
3. The LCD screen will feature vintage clips from Elvira’s Movie Macabre.
4. She is doing all of the callouts. In fact, she said that she was going to be recording them “next week,” so this is likely already done now.
5. She said it’s looking like the game will be out either late 2018 or early 2019.
So there ya go. Straight from the hostess’s mouth.
[quoted image]

Early 2019 - see post#437

#471 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Dennis turned in his design for the game. He even attended meetings after he was off the contract.
I'd say it's his baby, minus a few weeks.
Of course they can move forward without him. He even said so in the podcast.

Repeat of history - has happened before with Dennis. Yes - Dennis said the game will be completed. Casandra Peterson has seen the game. She said she was going to do voicing for it.

It will get finished and I bet it will be a great game.

#489 5 years ago

Munsters in October or November.

Elvira - February or March.

Guesses.

#491 5 years ago

If that all happens so soon my wallet is going to be very empty.

#505 5 years ago

Post #437 Casandra Peterson confirms the game, seen it, doing her own voicing, etc. Plus add the Nordman interview... 3 really good toys.

This should be a great game.

3 weeks later
#563 5 years ago

Pro, Premium and LE models.

2 weeks later
#582 5 years ago

Yes, she did do the callouts already...

Do not be surprised if you see this game out in the 1st quarter of 2019.

1 week later
3 weeks later
#595 5 years ago

Too bad - was not aware of the engineer being out due to a bad accident.

1 month later
#611 5 years ago

Elvira was supposed to be Pro, Premium, LE. Hope that hasn't changed and remains a standard release.

1 month later
#627 5 years ago

That would be great if it turned out to be next.

4 months later
#692 4 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Yeah, for me it is a guaranteed buy @ pro level, but if it is BM66 style release I probably (and unfortunately) won't be buying.

Ditto on a Pro buy in a per usual 3 tier cornerstone release. Pretty much the same thoughts as Herb at this point....

#700 4 years ago

If so and priced like a Batman 66 I'm probably out then. Would be much better as a cornerstone with regular Pro, Premium, LE pricing. They would sell more games.

I'd take a Pro in an Elvira Minute.

#701 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

They better make a pro version!

I'm with you buddy.

1 month later
#750 4 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I sometimes wonder if Eddy is working on the Elvira project.

That would be interesting - perhaps all revamped from when Nordman was working on it.
Sure hope there is normal Pro, Premium and LE configurations.

Put me in for a Pro if so !

#752 4 years ago

I'm sure it will good with either or , or combo of those two designers influence. Anxious to see it finally make it to production. October should be good !

#755 4 years ago

If no Pro model I am not as likely to be a buyer - then I may indeed just pass. If there is a Pro, then it's a high probability of a definite buy for me.

Guess we will see when it reaches production. Casandra Petersen does her own licensing so I don't think this title needs an alternate price structure. This game has no real reason it can't be a cornerstone with regular Pro, Premium and LE models with Casandra cutting her own deal with Stern for license. Stern will sell many more units with regular model pricing structure for this game.

1 month later
#819 4 years ago

Casandra Petersen cuts her own licensing deals on all her stuff. Shouldn't be a middle man in the equation.

Think there is hope for a cornerstone game. Guess we will see when it's released. It's been on the back burner a long time. The game could have been revamped. Nordman at Deeproot could be one of the reasons this has been delayed so long. It could have been redesigned. It's been a year since it was supposed to be released. Speculation.

#841 4 years ago

Too bad about the pricing structure - if it is priced like Batman66 levels then I am out on Elvira.

If it had a Pro priced model I'd be in for sure. Too bad, I was looking forward to this for a long time.

#1194 4 years ago

No Pro = No Purchase

Anybody have a shot of the black trimmed game verifying its the Premium or a shot of the backbox where you can see the nameplate.

#1197 4 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

If what I hear about the possible pricing for this pin Alice Coopers Nightmare castle is a bargain compared to this thing...

Elviras playfield looks more like a Pro model - pricing it at Premium and up is pushing the envelope for sure. Don't understand this as Casandra Petersen cuts all her own licensing deals. There was no middle man to take a cut. I'd think Stern could have offered normal release on this game.

#1430 4 years ago

That chest on the left side of the playfield ? I was hoping for something more showy or revealing for Elvira's Chest.

Seems kind of small too to belong to Elvira.

#1566 4 years ago

No Topper on Elvira should be a premium feature.

#2148 4 years ago

$7999 for a Promium . That's a lot of coins for that. Yikes ! have to pass.

#2325 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Has any previous Stern premium or LE been offered without a topper?

Elvira should be topless.

1 week later
#2934 4 years ago

Missed the live stream but watched some of it yesterday. Nobody in that room seemed to excited about the game during the stream.

Didn't care for the animations with the heads, etc as several have mentioned.

Not really sure what to make of this game overall from what I seen in the stream.

This one should have had a Pro model .... Kind of underwhelmed for being promium or LE pricing...

#2942 4 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Curious if dealers notice any impact of a reveal live stream, and whether Stern notices any impact.

I'd say they probably didn't drum up any additional interest, maybe lost some steam for want by pinheads after that reveal.

Had an odd feel to it. Nobody seemed too excited during that stream.

#3013 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I wouldn’t say no innovation on ww. The wonkavision, the spinning gobstopper, the lighted wonka sign, which is interactive, and a screen that gives a ton of info. Elvira at the premium, le and sle levels has what? A spinning turret? jjp did better with the house in woz where the witches feet come out.
Stern should have put a better crate in this game (and jjp should have put a better factory) and they should have put something that holds the flashers, like the claws in SS. I have an Elvira premium on order, but after seeing the stream, even I’m having second thoughts. I’ll reserve judgement and a decision whether to cancel after seeing it at expo. With the exception of Munsters, stern has had a very good run with dp, maiden and jp, this one I’m just not sure about. Code can save a game, if happened with hobbit and bm66, both of which are pretty bare, but it took years to get there.

Agree with a lot of this - with the exception of not including Munsters in the good run of games. I like the way Munsters plays. Everything doesn't have to be a deep journey codefest for me to enjoy it. Heck I'd probably enjoy the new Elvira pin if I'd put one in my basement but what I have seen and pricing drives me off big time. I'd have been in had there been a pro model.

I agree Elvira's crate or trunk looks a bit subpar. The animations on the lcd hopefully will change... Nobody in the stream seemed too excited playing the game which is unusual. Makes me wonder how the game will play in person. I'll try to get to expo to see it first hand. I imagine it will be there.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation
Decals
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Incline Village, NV
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 12.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models
Plastics
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 210.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
9,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carpentersville, IL
Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs
Plastics
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs
Other
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider noquarters.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-the-official-thread?tu=noquarters and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.