20191106_150140 (resized).jpg
20191106_143111.jpg
20191106_135932.jpg
20191106_140206.jpg
4DFF5D79-EBCB-4729-B9C9-8F242EE6BD58 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #23 copy of Elvira tweet about being at TPF2017 Posted by Mar (7 years ago)

Post #63 mnpinball comments on the speculation about Elvira 3 Posted by mnpinball (7 years ago)

Post #3843 What to check when you first receive Elvira Posted by jfh (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kermit24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 7 years ago

In the announcement regarding Dennis a few months ago, Stern specifically said it would be a modern game. I fully expect it to be Spike 2 with an LCD.

#66 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Mnpinball only posts facts.
I'm 33 and love Elvira from watching her as a kid. I guess I'm out of your "10-30 barcade" range.

LOL - Everyone knows the sweet spot for pin buyers and players is 10-30.

#88 7 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Sterns not building Elvira 3 sorry to burst your bubble.

A Stern distro chiming in.... Except he is wrong.

#89 7 years ago

It really doesn't take much detective work here. Dennis Nordman himself has a thread not too long ago asking about the viability of a third Elvira pinball machine. Stern came out with a press release stating that Dennis and Greg are working on another title, this time a modern one. Dennis, Greg, and Elvira are set to appear at the Texas Pinball Festival. 1+1+1= 3.

1 year later
#393 6 years ago
Quoted from nipenzo:

Check back in 2021...code might be finished by then

This not a stretch. Batman was released expo 2016. 2018 and at .87 code. If Lyman is coding and the game comes out in 2019...

#399 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Didn't Stern actually acknowledge the Elvira 3 announcement on their Facebook at the time? That could easily be looked up.

Stern announced that Dennis and Greg will be making another game together. They even said it would be a modern game. Then later at TPF 2017 At a panel Dennis / Greg announced that Elvira 3 was coming.

1 year later
#728 4 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Leak please,...Keith designed?[quoted image]

If by "Keith" you mean Dennis Nordman, then yes you are absolutely spot on!!!

2 months later
#2758 4 years ago

I am not worried about the deadheads, inner-tubes, or the callouts. Deadhead is almost certainly a placeholder, I would expect it to be floating in a corner of the display in the future based on feedback. Lyman always adds a TON of callouts as the code is revised. The amount of callouts in Batman final(?) code is insane. I am sure they are there and he just needs to implement them.

At this stage, it's fair to judge the art, layout and the toys. The game appears to shoot very well, and the house is well done with how they light it, the ball diverting different ways, and the lift ramp. Artwork looks great, with many tributes to the past 2 games.

My only complaint is the ramps are very generic and not Dennis Nordman style ramps. All of his ramp games have had unique ramps that curve across the playfield or just look super interesting. It wouldn't stop me from buying the game, just a minor letdown.

Overall, I think this looks great and can't wait to flip it.

#2762 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yup. Can't get any cheaper then 100% plastic ramps with cheesy built in flashers. For the price one would think Stern would at least have metal habitrails with proper Williams style dome flashers.

Yes. The SS flashers were super cool!

Screen Shot 2019-09-26 at 8.31.47 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-09-26 at 8.31.47 AM (resized).png
#2772 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

two notes:
1. Hopefully the modes don't always play in the same ladder order every game, that can get old.
2. Hopefully you can skip past whatever nonsense Elvira is blathering about from her couch.

Both confirmed on the stream. Modes are not the same order in production, and you can skip.

#2776 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Awesome then as long as the clearcoat issue has been fixed this game looks pretty awesome by just about any measurement. Did they talk at all about that?

No, and wouldn't expect them to when revealing a game. There have been many reports of recently made JP Pro and JP LE games with changes to the playfield, so hopefully it is addressed going forward.

#2871 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

After watching the Dead Flip video I agree with what you have said. It's just a shame they elected to price gouge on this title. That alone has prevented me from placing an order.

I don’t really view $300 over a normal premium as “gouging”. Maybe the Signature edition.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2873 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Borg layout with 2 ramps, bash toy, and this time the scoop is moved back to the left side of the playfield?

Nope. Quicksilver reskin

#2875 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

I'm referring to the Australian pricing model, not the US prices.

Yeah your distributor is really taking advantage. Not good.

#3017 4 years ago

Anyone complaining about the callouts does not understand how Lyman Sheets codes a game. The call outs will come, but when it is closer to done.

#3023 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

You think the game is going to be that different (from the stream) in 2 weeks?
Wish I shared your optimism.

It took Lyman 2 years to finish Batman. While I don’t think he will take that long, I don’t expect much for a few months and probably a year until it’s done. Call outs will be added with each release. Usually they are about 4 weeks or more apart with him.

#3030 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I hope you are right. And I don't presume to know how Lyman or anyone else codes for pinball. I don't have the imagination needed to think about modes or rules. I do think its fascinating to listen to the programmers talk through their games. But, I know I would be rubbish at making code. So I hope you're right. The only thing that does scare me though is the fact these games are ready to ship out soon. So the state of the code now and shipping I don't think much can/will change. Wish it was more on point before they ship.

Lyman games have always changed a LOT after release. Not so much for Dwight (except GOT and GB), Elwin/Rick, Sexton, or Tanio.

#3034 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Is there an official announcement showing all the models ?
50 super LE,s ?
I’m lost

https://sternpinball.com/game/elviras-house-of-horrors/

Premium
Limited Edition (400)
Signature Edition (50)

#3047 4 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Absolutely. If you watch the stream, Lyman stated that the code was linear and minimized for the purpose of the stream, that there is far more to the production code. Perhaps Dead-Flip should have put a disclaimer about the code upfront...that this code is not representative of the current production code.

Jack did say that more than once during the stream.

#3053 4 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Maybe don’t demo the product you’re wanting people to but if it’s core selling point isn’t done yet?
Stern are asking people to drop the full asking price now. People buying it should be comfortable with what is being sold

now, that’s what you’re paying for. There is no guarantee of anything else down the line.
Buying a pin (or anything really) on the basis of a nebulous future feature or code update is seriously risky. Just look at Munsters, on the final code already...

Then don’t buy it. Simple. Plenty will become available in the future. New and used.

At this point, the only thing you can look at is the track record of the person on game code.

#3105 4 years ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

I own a GB Premium. It's my favorite pin and play several games per week. I experience none of the issues you describe, or rare instances of them (like any pin). I do have an airball protector at the bottom of the ramp. Give her a little nudge when you anticipate sdtm and you're good. The new code lets you set 5 max ball saves. Git gud.

Ignore Rarehero ‘s Ghostbusters trolling. He has been doing it for nearly 4 years now.

#3212 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I played some MET and EHOH did seem slow and floaty, while MET is much faster.

Good thing you have a MET.

#3249 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Let's say they are even. Why is Elvira so much more expensive then the latest Stern's? Is there a Kapow fee built into the price of this one like with Batman 66?

How much more expensive is it? Like $300 for the Premium I think. Not that much more. I know the CPR EATPM playfields cost more due to "increased licensing", so I think it is safe to say she gets a healthy cut.

#3457 4 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

How do you do that?

You don’t need to. That was bad information. Follow the instructions on the code “readme”. It separates the files so they are compatible with fat32. This post details it:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-the-official-thread/page/69#post-5245821

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

8,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hollywood, FL
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

11,855 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

10,000 (Firm)
$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kermit24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-the-official-thread?tu=kermit24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.