20191106_150140 (resized).jpg
20191106_143111.jpg
20191106_135932.jpg
20191106_140206.jpg
4DFF5D79-EBCB-4729-B9C9-8F242EE6BD58 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #23 copy of Elvira tweet about being at TPF2017 Posted by Mar (7 years ago)

Post #63 mnpinball comments on the speculation about Elvira 3 Posted by mnpinball (7 years ago)

Post #3843 What to check when you first receive Elvira Posted by jfh (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#48 7 years ago

I think it's funny all of the people hating on WNBJM. Get a group of friends together and play some multiplayer games on it. It's one of the best 4 player games ever made. Simple but hard to master with good art, custom callouts, and all on the spike system. It's an absolute blast and when setup correctly is harder the GB or IM could ever imagine being.

I'll be happy to see any new Elvira game, apparently I will be the only one disappointed when it's not a throw back stile though.

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Another tired, boring, outdated theme for the gross old men. Pass so hard.

I about pissed my pants laughing after I saw this statement from an owner of Barb Wire.

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's actually not as good as almost every 1970s gottlieb 4 player or late 1970s Bally 4-player, and a bunch of 1970s williams four players. Which isn't a shock because it's based upon a crappy 1950s game. There's very little going on in Nellie and almost no progressive or interesting scoring features. It's a true bat the ball around, keep it in play game where almost everything is worth the same.
I like Nellie, it's fun, but your statement sounds like someone who hasn't played a lot of EMs.

I strongly disagree but that's just my opinion. Just like you have your own different opinion.

I've played a lot of EM's but probably not nearly as many as you. Many are fun. But they do not play as fast and lively as WNBJM, they do not have call outs or dynamic sound packages, they are not as bright, they do not have a high score LCD, and they do not have early as much code as WNBJM. There's a lot more to getting a high score then keeping the ball alive. You can keep it alive for a long time and not score jack if you don't know what you are doing and you are not making shots.

#59 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Opinions can't be wrong. I like Nellie (of course would never pay anywhere close to asking for it but that's neither here nor there).
But...
If you think Nellie has more "code" than almost every 1970s Gottlieb EM, I really don't know what to tell you. Nellie is shallower than almost any other 1970s EM I can think of.
I'm glad you like Nellie, but you really need to play some quality EMs in the situation you described - with friends, over drinks, competitvely - before you make statements that make absolutely no sense. Playing one ball on a target alpha at a show and walking away really isn't the same thing.
I'll give you the sound and LCD screen and that it's "brighter" but I guess I don't care about that stuff when I'm playing that style of game. I will see your "strongly disagree" and raise it with a "times two."
"one of the best four player ever"....man...you realize you can buy a Bow and Arrow or Jungle Queen for 500 bucks and have a much better game than Nellie, right? If not a unique experience and interesting hybrid, which is what you are paying for and getting with a Nellie.
This isn't to insult you or call you an idiot. I just think you are missing out on dozens if not HUNDREDS of great games out there. Or maybe you just like the novelty that is the total package of Nellie. But man, there are so many fantastic older games of this style.

I'll keep an eye out for some of those that you mentioned. Sounds like they are really good. The biggest problem I always have is there are not a lot of people with those types of games and often when you do see one it's from playing 100%. I've really enjoyed playing several different EM's at shows with some friends though.

1 year later
#386 6 years ago

Honestly if Nordman is not going to see this project through then it just needs to be scrapped. I'm not excited at all about another designer taking over the project even if they follow Nordman's design plans before he went to Deeproot.

#397 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's hard for me not to have the same feeling.
Elivra 3 was never actually announced by Stern, right?

Dennis, Greg, and Cassandra announced it at the end of last years TPF talk and even asked someone from stern if it was OK to tell everyone before they did. I forgot who they asked but that seemed pretty much announced to me.

If it's another super LE money grab and it doesn't have Dennis finishing the layout then I'm not really interested. I'll wait like I did on BM66 and see how it shakes out. If it turns out good I can always get a premium a couple of years after the launch. I'm not an Iron Maiden fan at all but it with Keith designing sounds more appealing at the moment.

#401 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

From what’s been posted here, Dennis fished it some time ago.

Maybe a design was finished but the designer needs to be there to make tweaks and adjustments on the first prototype games and see things properly into the start of production if we hope to have anything as smooth and polished as Scared Stiff.

Dennis not working there is a very bad omen for this game in my opinion.

1 year later
#937 4 years ago

I like boobs, I like and own scared stiff. My wife likes scared stiff even more then I do. You had me at Elvira, Nordman, and Lyman. Anyone that is offended by a little sexuality needs to quit pretending they are a robot. I'm getting one even if it has chipping, pooling, node boards, etc and I'm going to play the hell out of it.

#2245 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

I'm not buying anything from Stern until they acknowledge the clear coat issue.
Pretty sure stern leaked this pin. How do they have an official follow up video so quick. To take your mind off playfield issues. Genius move by Stern. I am not falling for it however...
Rest of the sheep can buy a this and complain once their playfields crumble...

I'm sure stern is pretty worried that someone who isnt a customer is not going to be a customer. Maybe the sheep are busy playing pinball?

2 weeks later
#3241 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Good call! I was playing a Game of Thrones premium today on location and couldn't help but to think how much more is in that game compared to Elvira and yet all Elvira models cost significantly more. Same can be said for Ghostbusters premium / LE compared to Elivra.
I think Elivra looks great and I'm sure it will have incredible code. However, at some point these high prices need be backed up by what is included on the playfield.

Quoted from gliebig:

GOT is packed with features?

Was thinking the same thing. I like GOT and love the code but it is about as featureless as they come. Strange example to pick.

#3244 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

GOT premium has a large mini playfield with 2 full size flippers, moving dragon toy, 4 drop targets, battering ram toy, kick back mech in middle of playfield, iron throne toy, physical ball lock at right ramp, and metal habit rails.
Not comparing GOT pro with Elvira, that's not a comparable game.

Your really reaching on this one. Fun game but the upper playfield is an ugly eye sore and doesnt integrate very well into the game. It also a whopping 1 ramp and 6 shots game. The ball lock is cool but is hardly a wowing feature, the dragon moves so slow and awkwardly, the throne is ok but a tiny fraction of the game. The battling ram is a constant sensitivity issue on most games. I do love the kick back and the full rgb lighting. But as far a good looking sculpted molds and interactive stuff, Elvira smokes GOT. Like I said, strange one to pick for comparison.

#3250 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Let's say they are even. Why is Elvira so much more expensive then the latest Stern's? Is there a Kapow fee built into the price of this one like with Batman 66?

I wasn't aware it is a ton more expensive. My game quote was $300 more, I dont want to give away $300 but that's not really a big difference % wise. I'd guess using a contract designer and getting the custom speech cost a little more then most games. I'd also guess that it costs more because they know they can. Its Elvira with Lyman coding, people are going to buy it.

#3252 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah, I can see the custom speech and custom video raising the price a bit. The game does look cool. Will be keeping an eye on how the code develops as may buy a premium down the road.

You should be able to get a nice HUO premium for a great price once gnr and Eddy's pin drops. People only have so much cash and so much space.

#3289 4 years ago

So some people love the game, some are meh on it, others are completely offended by it and post the same crap over and over. Seems like a normal release to me.

#3327 4 years ago
images (2) (resized).jpegimages (2) (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 188.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

9,000 (Firm)
11,855 (OBO)
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-the-official-thread?tu=jgentry and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.