2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 666 posts
  • 174 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 days ago by Mrbill
  • Topic is favorited by 71 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 39 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

BE43C505-163B-4850-B3D7-431AF7A454F1 (resized).jpeg
    Halloween Wars 2016 (resized).png
    69410038-5C78-48BB-8569-23B73B9E5679 (resized).jpeg
    35E0A508-4BE4-48C9-A156-3A2D296D315B (resized).jpeg
    C0EEDA99-1672-41FE-9C70-024D5CC6A081 (resized).jpeg
    BC13B92E-1E65-4D72-B881-E00882BEEA65 (resized).jpeg
    giphy (resized).png
    ELV0206 (resized).jpg
    el 3 (resized).jpg
    7CA0C873-93EC-4CAB-B015-3AA7BB1541A4 (resized).jpeg
    FB_IMG_1524763758935 (resized).jpg
    70D14CDD-5FD5-43C2-AB22-C709944707AF (resized).jpeg
    grv (resized).jpg
    Al (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    image (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #23 copy of Elvira tweet about being at TPF2017 Posted by Mar (2 years ago)

Post #63 mnpinball comments on the speculation about Elvira 3 Posted by mnpinball (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#48 2 years ago

I think it's funny all of the people hating on WNBJM. Get a group of friends together and play some multiplayer games on it. It's one of the best 4 player games ever made. Simple but hard to master with good art, custom callouts, and all on the spike system. It's an absolute blast and when setup correctly is harder the GB or IM could ever imagine being.

I'll be happy to see any new Elvira game, apparently I will be the only one disappointed when it's not a throw back stile though.

#49 2 years ago
    Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Another tired, boring, outdated theme for the gross old men. Pass so hard.

I about pissed my pants laughing after I saw this statement from an owner of Barb Wire.

#57 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's actually not as good as almost every 1970s gottlieb 4 player or late 1970s Bally 4-player, and a bunch of 1970s williams four players. Which isn't a shock because it's based upon a crappy 1950s game. There's very little going on in Nellie and almost no progressive or interesting scoring features. It's a true bat the ball around, keep it in play game where almost everything is worth the same.
    I like Nellie, it's fun, but your statement sounds like someone who hasn't played a lot of EMs.

I strongly disagree but that's just my opinion. Just like you have your own different opinion.

I've played a lot of EM's but probably not nearly as many as you. Many are fun. But they do not play as fast and lively as WNBJM, they do not have call outs or dynamic sound packages, they are not as bright, they do not have a high score LCD, and they do not have early as much code as WNBJM. There's a lot more to getting a high score then keeping the ball alive. You can keep it alive for a long time and not score jack if you don't know what you are doing and you are not making shots.

#59 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Opinions can't be wrong. I like Nellie (of course would never pay anywhere close to asking for it but that's neither here nor there).
    But...
    If you think Nellie has more "code" than almost every 1970s Gottlieb EM, I really don't know what to tell you. Nellie is shallower than almost any other 1970s EM I can think of.
    I'm glad you like Nellie, but you really need to play some quality EMs in the situation you described - with friends, over drinks, competitvely - before you make statements that make absolutely no sense. Playing one ball on a target alpha at a show and walking away really isn't the same thing.
    I'll give you the sound and LCD screen and that it's "brighter" but I guess I don't care about that stuff when I'm playing that style of game. I will see your "strongly disagree" and raise it with a "times two."
    "one of the best four player ever"....man...you realize you can buy a Bow and Arrow or Jungle Queen for 500 bucks and have a much better game than Nellie, right? If not a unique experience and interesting hybrid, which is what you are paying for and getting with a Nellie.
    This isn't to insult you or call you an idiot. I just think you are missing out on dozens if not HUNDREDS of great games out there. Or maybe you just like the novelty that is the total package of Nellie. But man, there are so many fantastic older games of this style.

I'll keep an eye out for some of those that you mentioned. Sounds like they are really good. The biggest problem I always have is there are not a lot of people with those types of games and often when you do see one it's from playing 100%. I've really enjoyed playing several different EM's at shows with some friends though.

1 year later
    #386 1 year ago

Honestly if Nordman is not going to see this project through then it just needs to be scrapped. I'm not excited at all about another designer taking over the project even if they follow Nordman's design plans before he went to Deeproot.

#397 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's hard for me not to have the same feeling.
    Elivra 3 was never actually announced by Stern, right?

Dennis, Greg, and Cassandra announced it at the end of last years TPF talk and even asked someone from stern if it was OK to tell everyone before they did. I forgot who they asked but that seemed pretty much announced to me.

If it's another super LE money grab and it doesn't have Dennis finishing the layout then I'm not really interested. I'll wait like I did on BM66 and see how it shakes out. If it turns out good I can always get a premium a couple of years after the launch. I'm not an Iron Maiden fan at all but it with Keith designing sounds more appealing at the moment.

#401 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

From what’s been posted here, Dennis fished it some time ago.

Maybe a design was finished but the designer needs to be there to make tweaks and adjustments on the first prototype games and see things properly into the start of production if we hope to have anything as smooth and polished as Scared Stiff.

Dennis not working there is a very bad omen for this game in my opinion.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 71.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 25.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    The Flipper Room
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    £ 49.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Great American Pinball
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 7.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7.00
    Electronics
    APB Enterprises
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 156.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 10.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    £ 99.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinballToys
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 69.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 35.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside