3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3,858 posts
  • 569 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 51 days ago by arcademojo
  • Topic is favorited by 160 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 380 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

F7402BA3-0B72-4E18-A26E-FFC3610B33C8 (resized).jpeg
6235F3C4-0814-49A4-9EC6-8F888DE2F098 (resized).jpeg
7E96A5E8-2A53-4AD3-841B-B29F49AE87C5 (resized).jpeg
F1B44BF1-EB94-47EE-8930-39578667E003 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
762CCCAE-7C30-48EB-A24B-662264858C0C (resized).jpeg
20191106_150140 (resized).jpg
20191106_143111.jpg
20191106_135932.jpg
20191106_140206.jpg
4DFF5D79-EBCB-4729-B9C9-8F242EE6BD58 (resized).jpeg
FB_IMG_1572734376095 (resized).jpg
IMG20191103004612 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191103_005037 (resized).jpg
Macabre Mobile Set (resized).png
710x528_24101659_13127113_1569192335 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #23 copy of Elvira tweet about being at TPF2017 Posted by Mar (3 years ago)

Post #63 mnpinball comments on the speculation about Elvira 3 Posted by mnpinball (3 years ago)

Post #3843 What to check when you first receive Elvira Posted by jfh (73 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffspinballpalace.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1825 4 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

This discussion sounds exactly like the B66 SLE debacle. And for that you had to send in a video begging for a SLE PLUS they increased the number to 80 after the videos were sent and deposits received.
They easily sold all 80.

Looks like a few SLE’s have already made their qualification videos
63CFA9D8-B201-4C57-8896-475B85C3B48D.gif9B947480-48BF-4F6B-A4E7-C20760CB10C7.gif

1 week later
#2816 3 months ago

Must have missed the memo, as I too enjoy Hobbit. Battling the beasts and hitting roving targets create a sensory satisfaction. Had one game where I bashed 170 beasts. Often left tense and tired from playing 3 stage wizard modes. A solid top 25 for me.

Anyways,’will be watching the Elvira stream tonight on YouTube. Sounds like code is early, so why is Stern releasing the game now? I’d put 3lvira in top 100 at this stage.

A podcaster needs to interview Dennis to find out what was removed/changed.

#2835 3 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

There have been a few comments suggesting that Cassandra’s contract required the game be released by Halloween 2019.

Then another way to ask the question? Why didn’t Lyman start coding 3E a year so that it would be at 1.0 code upon release? If the answer was because he was busy working on BM66, I’d say Stern picked the wrong resource for this job. Someone new, perhaps Brian Eddy, would have had an empty plate.

The problem early code presents is that you can’t be assured you’ll like how the code turns out. So if you buy first, hope second and wait to see third - you are making a big gamble. Doesn’t matter who is coding. Unless you don’t care how well the code is. Take Munsters, please. Came out as a Borg title, so people bought. #Borgis#1inmyheart. Code is done and some still don’t like it. They’ll need to sell it and move on. Only makes financial sense to try first, follow developments second and then buy if satisfied is number three to follow.

#2892 3 months ago

The stream appropriately invited Dennis and Greg, Lyman, Mike V and Danger. The game looked ok to shoot. Why do Stern games allow only 4 players? In this age they should allow 6 or 8 players. If so, all five could have shot the game.

#3042 3 months ago

Came here looking to read the sh@t about Elvira. Can the JJP apologists and supporters move on to another thread?

#3069 3 months ago

We’ve seen the hi res images and feature matrix. EHOH podcast showed -> how the game flips, which is fine; how the game looks in 3d, which is good to very good and how bare code is, less than average good. Sounds and speech were uninspiring and the floating heads to be refined. All deficits are fixable by King Lyman, who was assigned 2 years ago and who began working in earnest this summer.

The poor callouts sunk my interest in buying the game. I was expecting SS level material or better, but what I heard was lackluster. Any award winning effort requires a superb script, so whoever is in charge of dialog needs to be replaced with a professional comedy team. It didn’t hit me how important speech was to this title, but it turned out to be second to art. The lack of good judgement in the first go around of recording speech leaves me less hopeful it will be done right. Willing to flip EHOH and to criticize it further, once it hits locations.

#3351 3 months ago

Haven’t played EHOH yet but curious how those people feel who have. If you’ve flipped E3, try answering these...

Any shots feel rewarding - which ones?

Most memorable features to you?

Will you be playing the game a lot more?

Will you be buying the game?

1 week later
#3571 3 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Really? You are a LOT better pinball player than me. LOL. You can get through all of the villains 3 deep levels and the 3 mini wizard modes "quite fast"?
I'm really impressed

He’s the Wizz

#3640 3 months ago

Played a couple hours on a LE and had a great time. Does the pin feel like SS2? Yes

#3656 3 months ago

E3 is fun with plenty to shoot for and a lot of callouts. I’ve played 2 location LE’s and both had issues.

Software felt like it was close to complete, but if haunts or heads were missing then those will be added shortly. I was expecting the heads to be cheesy or delivered with a bad accent. I was surprised and enjoyed the three heads I did see. LE is beautiful with Elvira is on both sides, both backboxes and the backglass. Two serious negatives are the lack of a tight/difficult shot and lack of a unique shot. I’d call the game better than EATPM and like SS on steroids.

#3685 89 days ago

Has an "official topper" been revealed for E3? Seems like it could have a big impact on the decision making process if it was a quality design. Other top toppers we have seen:

CGC -
MMr has a great one that works on all models and will be available soon
MBr has a great one that works on all models and is available
AFMr has a great one that only works only on LE and is unavailable

JJP -
JJPOTC has a great one that only works only on CE and is unavailable

Stern -
GB has a great one that works on all models and is unavailable
GOT has a great one that works on all models and is unavailable
GOTG has a great one that works on all models and is unavailable
BM66 has a good one that works on all models and is unavailable
Star Wars has a bad one that works on all models and is permanently unavailable
BKSOR has a great one that works on all models and will be available soon
Elvira 3 ???

#3729 83 days ago

Saw it twice and watched as it happened. I'm not sure this is the exact problem but eventually the down target became an up target and the stuck ball rolled down the ramp to rest on back of the target. Funny, I thought to myself ... that's a bad design (good instincts whysnow).

First time I tried to wait it out. Ball search went on forever and eventually I tilted the machine and recycled power switch to free ball and start my next game. The second time I took the initiative, I shot the up target hard enough to pop the ball on the back side, up and around the tight loop. Problem solved! Just consider the up target to be a newton ball and you can continue with your life. For someone that doesn't notice the ball stuck there, it is a problem.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Fullerton, CA
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffspinballpalace.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside