3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3,858 posts
  • 569 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 58 days ago by arcademojo
  • Topic is favorited by 157 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 380 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

F7402BA3-0B72-4E18-A26E-FFC3610B33C8 (resized).jpeg
6235F3C4-0814-49A4-9EC6-8F888DE2F098 (resized).jpeg
7E96A5E8-2A53-4AD3-841B-B29F49AE87C5 (resized).jpeg
F1B44BF1-EB94-47EE-8930-39578667E003 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
762CCCAE-7C30-48EB-A24B-662264858C0C (resized).jpeg
20191106_150140 (resized).jpg
20191106_143111.jpg
20191106_135932.jpg
20191106_140206.jpg
4DFF5D79-EBCB-4729-B9C9-8F242EE6BD58 (resized).jpeg
FB_IMG_1572734376095 (resized).jpg
IMG20191103004612 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191103_005037 (resized).jpg
Macabre Mobile Set (resized).png
710x528_24101659_13127113_1569192335 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #23 copy of Elvira tweet about being at TPF2017 Posted by Mar (3 years ago)

Post #63 mnpinball comments on the speculation about Elvira 3 Posted by mnpinball (3 years ago)

Post #3843 What to check when you first receive Elvira Posted by jfh (80 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j_m_.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1860 4 months ago
Quoted from benheck:

Green outline on red text makes it almost illegible. What were they thinking?

obvious, stern is not aware of the problem known as red-green color vision deficiency. it's a problem that affects around 1 in 12 men and 1 in 200 women (roughly 8.5% of the world's population

#1880 4 months ago

the pro, erm… I mean [premium] cabinet artwork reminded me of the title screen from 'zombies ate my neighbors' on the snes

elvira house of horrors cabinet (resized).jpg
zombies ate my neighbors (resized).jpg

#1961 4 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

Looks like stand ups on the sides, not drop targets.

stand-ups on the pro, ermm… I mean [premium], and drop targets on the cash grab LE and SLE's?

#1999 4 months ago

the longer video really gives you a good sense of how the machine will play. for the most part I like it. the lighting effects on the mansion look great and shots look satisfying. I'll bet most huo owners are going to mylar the heck out of that area in front of the trunk stand-ups. the playfield is going to take a lot of abuse from that launched ball there

the only thing that I don't like is the cheapening of the BOM which isn't be translated to the buyer price. metal and wire form ramps should have been a must have as well as drop targets (with possibly stand-ups behind them

sure, there's nothing ground breaking on the title, but they've taken all of the tested elements and combined them rather nicely in this pin

#2356 4 months ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Lol. That would be one heck of a Pro!!!
2 Motorized entrances, motorized bash toy, subway, physical ball lock in trunk, 4 small gargoyle kinda bash toys, interactive mansion with diverters and motorized roof...
JP Pro may look like the Premium but the only "toy" untouched in comparison to the Premium is that Jeep Newton balls.

no offensive, but you obviously do not have a manufacturing background
the cost for the items that you've listed are close to $20, maybe $40 tops. how that translates into an increase of $400+ must include the cost of a wizard doing their accounting books

#2361 4 months ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Not saying that justifies the increased costs, but it's not as simple as the $40 in material costs.

agreed. but I can almost guarantee you that every single mechanism that they are using in EHOH isn't new or is a variation of something they've used in the past, so I'm going to stick with my cost analysis and state that they didn't have to pay for any new tooling

1 week later
#2936 4 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s near mint with only a couple scratches underneath the game thanks to an overzealous, lightly modded Schnauzer with aftermarket grooming and a custom, schnauzer Refinery collar. He’s a good dog just gets excited. He’s near mint with papers - comes from a championship bloodline. Sometime he likes to sleep underneath another game that isn’t Elvira, my gorgeous fully restored HEP high speed 2 with pinsound board...”
Cool thanks for the info!

2 weeks later
#3558 3 months ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Guys we can complain all we want. New games need adjustments out of the box. Is it right? No but its simply the nature of the beast now. Being an earlier purchaser lf Batman 66, all i can say is the wait will be worth it. The file for code is already bigger than Batman 66 so i expect a ton of content still
Also lymans updates being .01 or .1 are much more then most coders who have the core and just tweak to balence etc

the wait might be worth it, but everyone needs to start voting with our dollars and quit all the "take my money now" crap and then whine about the fact that the companies are shipping a half-baked product.

I get the fact that everyone is so worried about missing out on being able to purchase an LE or SLE, but when you put your money down on a product sight unseen, you really have no right to complain. and until a good majority of all pinball customers stop this trend, stern, jjp and other manufacturers will continue to ship their machines without finalized (or near finished) code. plain and simple.

#3664 3 months ago

played one @ expo and really enjoyed it. played an LE on location this weekend with 0.83 software and experienced the following:
- the ramp to the mansion was ALWAYS in the up position and just kicked the ball back to the tip of the right flipper
- many of the modes that I saw @ expo didn't seem to be in place
- a newly launched ball got stuck under the one-way gate just past the lanes at the top of the playfield many times for us, requiring a nudge to free it
- button assisted plunge resulted in near drains due to where it was landing on the left flipper

with 0.84 being just made available, I'm guessing that was the code that was @ expo this past weekend

#3702 3 months ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Last Monday I had a quick talk with Greg Freres at Stern where I expressed my hope that they would stick to the Deadhead introduction like on SS: The count announces the Deadhead and Elvira makes a comment about it. After that the deadhead could interact with gameplay they envision. I figured this would not so much be a copy of the feature in SS, but building on top of it and expanding it.
Greg did assure me the deadhead modes are already being looked into.

I spoke with mr. freres on friday morning (expressing a few constructive comments) about the deadheads and was told the same thing, so I'm guessing they've received quite a bit of feedback and are looking to address those areas

1 week later
#3835 82 days ago
Quoted from hank527:

I had the same issue. I may use crazy glue on these screws.

I would use blue Loctite to start and move to the red if blue doesn't hold

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Fullerton, CA
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
COINTAKER.COM
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j_m_.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside