20191106_150140 (resized).jpg
20191106_143111.jpg
20191106_135932.jpg
20191106_140206.jpg
4DFF5D79-EBCB-4729-B9C9-8F242EE6BD58 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #23 copy of Elvira tweet about being at TPF2017 Posted by Mar (7 years ago)

Post #63 mnpinball comments on the speculation about Elvira 3 Posted by mnpinball (7 years ago)

Post #3843 What to check when you first receive Elvira Posted by jfh (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#426 6 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

What has stopped them before? Release it and wait a long time.

1 year later
#1244 4 years ago

No mentions of "not buying because of PF situation with Stern". LOL

It's LYMAN SHEETS, we all know what he does with games and he's got a lot to work with here.

Compare this layout to BM66. That's now a GREAT pin because of Lyman's work.

Not to mention the video assets and integration with Stern have been elevated to another level!

#1263 4 years ago

The biggest Pinball podcaster baby on the planet just launched a nice "pinside babies" edition for whining about the fact that Elvira is a "fan layout".

Gotta agree with Kman on that point, even though Kman whines and cries about shit non stop if it doesn't go his way. i.e. Wonka, insults hurled his way etc. LOL

Good entertainment, love the NSFW whiner editions

#1276 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

The Haunted House toy in this game could be totally awesome - even better than the JP2 Dino!
Fan layouts can be great (a majority of the top rated games are fans) - it all comes down to the rules and code: and this game has LFS.
The game will likely have lots of Elvira Video Clips from across her career and possibly old B-Movie clips.
Other "Fan Layout" games coded by Lyman...
- Metallica
- AC/DC
- TWD
- BM66
- MM
- AFM
- MB
Considering the above list, that E3 will be joining - odds are pretty good this game could be awesome
Maybe someone else could chime in with a list of "Bad" fan layouts coded by Lyman???

When you look at the inserts, drop targets on the left ala TWD, all the shots, potential modes, mini wizards, Cassandra callouts etc its not hard to see how Lyman could make this another EPIC game

I will buy one because of Lyman alone, what I already see, and assume that Stern isn’t dumb enough to not fix the pf issues again before this next release

There could be a few subways under the pf

#1286 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

so why would you listen if his whining bothers you? pretty easy fix, id think!

Because i like whining and its entertaining while i'm riding my bike.

That's why, I like the Kman show, hypocrisy, whining, crybabyness, narcissism and all. Just keeping it real.

He does realize why manufacturers hate him now, can't have it both ways. Seriously though, if anyone takes their purchasing tips from a podcast, any of them, you need to have your heads examined.

And he right about Elvira.

#1291 4 years ago

Yep, no more art around the posts.

#1359 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

thread reminds me of the early batman '66 threads. so much negativity and Batman is one of the best games made.

Bingo. And this one looks like it has MUCH more potential than Batman

There will be an SLE and pricing should be similar to BM66. We will know tomorrow

Supposedly ships in early October

#1360 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I picked up a BM66 Premium ~ 1 month ago. One of the best games ever made? Maybe one of the best theme integrations (with deep audio/video), but don’t see how it’s one of the best games ever made. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a cool effort and I don’t regret the purchase, but it just doesn’t have that “one more game” element that I get from my other games.

It does. Get deeper into the game. It grows on you. 1 month is nothing

#1365 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

It's a bit of a clunk fest and that left side just looks well barren.

Looks are deceiving Billy

Gotta appreciate greatness

It’s a clunkfest if you suck and can’t hit the shots

And on BM66, that shouldn’t be an issue

#1366 4 years ago

Robertwinter. Quit pretending you might not get one.

It’s a slam dunk 100% given you buy this one

#1372 4 years ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

B66 is objectively clunkier than other games. Doesn’t mean it’s not great, but that part is subjective. Not sure how one can argue this.

They said the same thing about TWD

“The Walking Dud”

It’s MUCH clunkier and more difficult than BM66

Really nothing clunky about it. Easy smooth shots

Elvira does not look like it would play “clunky”

#1573 4 years ago

“Leaked pictures don’t do the game justice”

How many times have we heard that one?

The BM66 had the topper, Adam West signed card and limited to the 240 episodes which also made it cool and unique

Looks like the 400 LE buyers, too many for the “boutique edition” will get the shaft by comparison?

#1687 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Stern has been getting a bit out of hand with the flashers lately. Game of Thrones was the worst.

GB is seizure inducing but fun!

#1805 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

This discussion sounds exactly like the B66 SLE debacle. And for that you had to send in a video begging for a SLE PLUS they increased the number to 80 after the videos were sent and deposits received.
They easily sold all 80.

The funny thing is that those 80 SLE's have held their value and then some. For now.

It feels like the Elvira SE 50 and what it offers is a bridge too far this time for $15k. Assuming there isn't any other special features.

The whole LE, SE, CE edition model is becoming bastardized anyhow. Just the concept of "limited" is becoming overdone.

#1819 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I know. But when the whole B66SLE marketing and pricing was released it was the same sort of discussion about how much we're getting fleeced.
Now B66SLE seems like "good value" and a "real and valuable" LE.
With every release we get less "value", complain and remember what it used to be like, but still they sell out. So they offer less on the next release.
Next year when they release 2TMNT3 Super Signature Duper Bend Over And Take IT Up The Ass LE (SSDBOATIUTALE) we'll all be fondly remembering how good it was when they release E3LVIRAHOH Signature Le.

Lol. Yeah Stern has figured out how to strip every last dime out of each release now haven't they!

It started after the Metallica LE debacle, and people fighting over those LE's for around $7200 or so if i remember correctly.

Then it was TWD when they sold out the LE's thinking they weren't going to do a premium version. That LE was around $7400.

GBLE took flipperdom to another level and Stern finally capped out at $8995 on the LE's. Flippers gone, Nib buyers suffer the beating on secondary market now.

BOHICA

#1827 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

something smells fishy about all this

Literally.

I'm sure they bought a couch from Star Furniture and she sat on it a few times and then carved it up!

#2111 4 years ago

Apparently LE's and SE's begin shipping next week.

#2159 4 years ago
Quoted from wayinla:

Heard from a distributor that the SLE are sold out.

They weren't because i could have gotten one and passed today. I preferred the LE cash grab this time!

I could get my Elvira LE before my JP LE. Stern knows how to crank em out

#2474 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

fact, for cost and reliability. This game looks pretty damn fun and I for one love Dennis' pinball designs...top notch and these ramps just aren't up to his creativity.

They ain’t whitewater ramps for sure Billy

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2646 4 years ago

What’s going on with stream? Nothing live

#2679 4 years ago

Love it.

Another great classic in the making

Will be better than Twd and BM66 which I own and love as two of the best pins ever

#2683 4 years ago

What we have here are the same clueless “walking dud” and early Batman haters

Lol

#2692 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

No offense intended to Elvira fans but I just have to say that my DP Premium and JP LE seem far more engaging and cohesive than Elvira HOH appears to be. I thought it looked to be a lot of fun in the initial release promos but I am not so sure of that anymore. Based on tonight's stream, it seems very mundane and repititous. I really hope that I am wrong about that and/ or it improves a lot. If not, I am afraid that many early buyers will regret their early buys. At this point I think I can easily move on from it and look forward to whatever may be next.

LMAO

My JPLE is coming soon too

Ever heard of Lyman Sheets?

You don’t need to “early hate” this pin just because you don’t have it

#2698 4 years ago

Great Nordman layout

Lyman

LCD with awesome show movie pics

Blows away dated old Elvra versions

#2803 4 years ago
Quoted from Tastysirloin:

So happy I pulled out of my LE spot after watching DeadFlip stream will stick with my MBLE R NIB $2500 less and has a great topper also no playfield issues

I love my MBLEr too but I think you better check your math there Lol

EDIT: Nvm, i see you are in Australia

#2990 4 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

My LE arrives in a about 2 weeks.

That's what i was told on mine too.

Man this is what i love about pinball! The game looks like it will just be PURE FUN to play. If you are an Elvira fan or just a casual observer how can you not love what you see thus far?

Her personalized callouts and movie intros, the campiness of all those B movies integrated into the game to create a potentially phenomenal "world under glass", and i certainly trust Lyman to do that.

Of all the games i've purchased and i have 5 NIB games paid for and waiting to be delivered right now (JPLE, ElviraLE, TBL, WWCE and POTCCE) i'm as excited or more so about this pin based on potential and a great theme that takes me back to a fun time in my life.

For the $$$ I've spent in the past, I feel like TWDLE and BM66LE, along with AlienLE are the best pins for me where i actually feel like i gotten my monies worth in terms of overall satisfaction.

At the end of the day, are prices high? Sure, but life is short and there is a lot of fun to be had here.!

#2995 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Damn dude FIVE NIB's coming? You're ALL IN! Hell with all the worries... BUY BOLD!
I'm happy for you - and the next crop of buyers that will get a shot at them when you finally get bored with some. I mean you can't keep 'em all right?
Here's hoping you get good specimens in each box. I now dub thee "MR COJONES"!!

The good thing about getting a forced vacation from Pinside is I got to step back and put things in perspective and focus on why I love the pinball hobby

I want to keep it positive and not get sucked back in to the daily negative grind. There is a lot of great people and friends I have here so I’m looking forward to discussing these games when I get them

My mentality is I have $55k paid for these babies and I’m going to have a blast with them and if I lose half the value down the road I’m good with it so I don’t sweat the small stuff. I realize many others don’t share that view!

But hot damn I’m excited regardless

#3005 4 years ago

Guys, I gotta say, i have a new pinball machine and its been in my house for 3 years.

The GB code update created an entirely new pinball machine.

Should we thank Dwight and Stern after 3 years? I have no idea but the game now is so great. I've been playing it all night.

Munsters can be updated?

Gotta give credit where credit is due. Despite all the negative BS, some of which is warranted, Stern pinball still creates some amazing pinball.

#3082 4 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

The game will be great just as BM66 and TWD. Unfortunately we need to wait. I am just happy that we are getting new machine options from Stern, JJP and others. Better than nothing.

Just finished playing TWD and BM66 earlier today

Two great reminders of what’s coming with Lyman and I like the layout of Elvira better

Elvira will make 3 phenomenal pins in a row for Lyman. Of course gotta give credit to Nordman and the rest of the team!

#3086 4 years ago

Since this isn’t the owners thread here and it’s more like the haters thread I gotta comment on Kman’s podcast about Elvira.

I listened to it while riding the bike and nearly fell off lmao at some of the ridiculous comments made

First of all happy bday and congrats on getting over 400 podcasts in. I remember talking to you about you thinking about doing one years ago. Keep it up

People gotta realize that love it or hate it the podcast is entertaining AND as such it caters to more of the hater, rage against the machine, whiner crowd.

That is why primarily Chris will win the Twipy again. Most people love to listen to negative entertaining BS. Look at the news today!

Have you ever heard Chris rail on a game he owns? Well it’s just one and it’s BM66. I own it too

He doesn’t like the Elvira theme, doesn’t get it, and despite being a “marketing guy” can’t figure out how the F Stern is able to sell out these games so fast.

It must be the myopic viewpoint that we are all suckers like he said and stupid for spending that kind of $$ on the game.

MANY of us believe Elvira will be BETTER than BM66 and it just an opinion based on PAST RESULTS and the fact that yes Lyman is a pinball god.

Can you just hear the crowd of 2500 cheering and screaming for Kman as he rails against the stupid 450 suckers for buying the game. LOL

Connect with hate man!

As for Elvira i paid $600 more than I did for my previous LE. So what? It’s in higher demand

The idea that Chris keeps throwing out there about how the community has to band together and demand more for the $$$ or Stern will never give it to us is STUPID on its face

Aside from acknowledging what’s coming in 2020 I’m quite sure that Stern wants to COMPETE, make money and stay in business for the long haul. Thus they will innovate and get better due to competition and the drive to dominate

Right now they are crushing it and will continue to crush it! Stern is NOT the one making me rethink my purchases, bottom line

It’s NOT based on some unrealistic “give me the magic” BS like Chris blew a nut over when he saw Wonka the first time.

Is that the “magic” Chris? LOL

Message to Stern, keep making FUN games, with great artwork, theme and fantastic integration and people like myself will keep buying and the HATE crowd will just be left wondering why and whining about it here and on his podcast.

Sorry buddy, gotta call you out on this one since you called me and the others out as “suckers”

As to price and value to people, don’t ever forget it all very relative and subjective. It’s a PERSONAL choice for everyone.

I look forward to our conversation when I receive these games and get a chance to dig in.

One last thought for all of you, think about Apple and why millions of people are upgrading their phones and the stock is about to hit an time high.

I can buy a much cheaper older version on the secondary market? Get it? Very few people want a restored TOM or TOTAN for the same $$$$. We want NEW F ing experiences and are willing to pay for it!!!!

#3088 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Absolutely. I think Lyman will be given all of the time he needs to work on Elvira code. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if its Lyman who tells Stern how long he will need to properly code a game and when he considers it done. Even with Batman 66 being super polished and deep there's still another update in the works for the game according to the September Stern of the Union address.

And therein is why we buy these games. We have had an AWESOME experience on TWD and BM66. For me, despite lack of code and setup issues on TWD I was in from day one.

I like the evolution of these games over time with code updates. We get to play a new game and have new experiences like GB

Once again, another misguided stupid opinion of Chris, GB is a fantastic layout and FUN as F to play

Anybody else understand that?

#3090 4 years ago

While so much of pinball is subjective and personal opinion, there is one glaring OBJECTIVE FACT.

And that is that Stern sold out almost instantly 450 Elviras

The BM66 outrage was like an all out war against Stern by comparison on pricing and how they did it. Yet, BM66 is one pin that has held its value as well as any. Just a small minor factor but true

I didn’t see the need to get the SE for me, but I did on the LE and thrilled with my decision after watching the stream.

Because we know what’s coming down the road, another objective FACT

#3094 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

That is the compelling point about LE/SLE pricing. LE’s on a good title/theme hold their value. BM66LE/SLE has held value, even though original asking price was quite high. But think the exclusive Bat topper had something to do with that as well.

No doubt about the topper and the fact that there are 240 LEs versus 400

I wouldn’t expect Elvira to hold value as well except, she has a worldwide appeal and the campiness and B movieS with her call outs and intros will make it awesome

The Adam West card is cool, so is the topper, but Elvira herself in the game is another level

To make fun of the B movies and not recognize the same corny flavor of Batman and Munsters is ridiculous

#3265 4 years ago

Does SS have Elvira herself with video clips introducing modes?

Case closed.

1 week later
#3569 4 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

You can 'beat' the machine it's seperate wizard modes quite fast and the scoring is unbalanced once you have the right combos running.

Really? You are a LOT better pinball player than me. LOL. You can get through all of the villains 3 deep levels and the 3 mini wizard modes "quite fast"?

I'm really impressed

#3573 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Not sure if he was saying he’s beat each Wizard mode in the same game, I read it as you can beat the game getting to the wizard modes and beating those quite quite fast, but David’s finished top 20ish at EPC so I’d believe him if he said he has.

I believe him. But many ways to play the pin.

“Beat it” can mean a lot of diff things with games like TWD and BM66

I’ve gotten to and beaten LMS a handful of times on TWD. Siege is as or more difficult. Crossbow mb, etc

If Lyman games get old fast for you I almost feel bad for you. Great players like Elwin and the like don’t really have any sustained challenges over time. To be that good can be a curse too

I’m a happy average player!

2 weeks later
#3820 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

except protectors play like absolute shit. its like buying new furniture and wrapping it in plastic. whats the point

Are you selling all your games again?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 188.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

8,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hollywood, FL
$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 12.95
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

11,855 (OBO)
$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-the-official-thread?tu=iceman44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.