2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3,590 posts
  • 548 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 51 minutes ago by pinballonthemark
  • Topic is favorited by 169 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 324 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Elvira magic (resized).jpg
478B67DD-CED5-48E5-AC27-0A9E88599A67 (resized).jpeg
4E8BBFD8-4CCE-462F-922F-16B39146EEFC (resized).jpeg
4AB4F958-08D2-4800-A266-84AC225B7BD6 (resized).jpeg
E04546A4-ABCA-422C-8059-81853A3467BF (resized).jpeg
C9BC6B2E-D6E4-4D7F-A3F2-28FA961CA94F (resized).jpeg
F90BAB77-FC53-4A0C-9FB3-7B84AAEDB706 (resized).jpeg
B8673C12-BA51-4DFA-819E-7D7C49896D7A (resized).jpeg
elvira 5 (resized).jpg
elvira 4 (resized).jpg
elvira 3 (resized).jpg
elvira 2 (resized).jpg
elvira 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_5391 (resized).jpg
IMG_5390 (resized).jpg
IMG_5317 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #23 copy of Elvira tweet about being at TPF2017 Posted by Mar (2 years ago)

Post #63 mnpinball comments on the speculation about Elvira 3 Posted by mnpinball (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider honch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#355 2 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Elvira? Ugh. I rather see see something else like Back to the future or Rambo

Blasphemy! Elvira 3 is gonna rock! I wish I could get in on it.

3 months later
#382 1 year ago

Those are pretty cool. There really is no end to mods these days.

2 weeks later
#388 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

This game has been finished for eons, even before the TPF announcement last year.
The fact that it (and whatever royalties would be attached) keeps getting delayed is probably why Nordman went to go babysit JPOP.

Nice. Have you seen it? I cant wait to get a glimpse of this thing.

1 month later
#421 1 year ago

I can't get one, but I still would love to see it made.

1 month later
#436 1 year ago

Does anybody know if this game is moving towards the finish line? I wish we could get a few pics of the playfield

#439 1 year ago

Thanks, Dave. Excellent update. I appreciate it.

3 months later
#476 1 year ago
Quoted from spfxted:

...and THAT'S good enough for me!

Me too!!

#478 1 year ago

I may have missed it on here, but does anybody know what this game will cost? And is it too late to get in on it?

#480 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Nobody knows the price yet but anybody that wants one can get one. The game will be made for 3 years at least once it comes out.

Cool. Thanks, I had not read that anywhere.

#516 1 year ago
Quoted from mix_arcade:

So, not Greg Freres on art?
I thought the deal was the 3 of them involved in any Elvira project - Dennis, Greg & Cassandra?

I hope so. It would be a major disappointment if Greg was not involved. Greg's work on those first two Elvira pins was second to none.

#531 1 year ago

So when are we going to get a peek at this pin?

#538 1 year ago
Quoted from KrustyBurger:

He doesn't??? I appreciate you pointing this out! I made the assumption that he did based on the statement "Our next Stern of the union address"... Live and learn.

Me too. And while I can appreciate his enthusiasm, I really just want the facts. I can speculate more than enough on my own.

#548 1 year ago
Quoted from DennisNordman:

To clear up any confusion, I finished the playfield design, and Greg Freres is doing the art.

Excellent! I can't wait for the reveal.

#553 1 year ago

Yeah, I'd prefer just one kick ass version of this pin too.

4 months later
#625 9 months ago

What exactly did he say?

#629 9 months ago

I wonder how long we'll have to wait to see some leaked images of the artwork?

1 week later
#644 8 months ago

Nibble, I agree with you on what E3 can be and hopefully will be, but I disagree on the idea of parting with the other two pins. I think nothing would be sweeter than the trilogy lined up in a row.
This pin has received the most interest I've had in a new pin since I've been in the hobby(15yrs), and it's not even close. Like you, I also think Dennis and Greg will hit this one out of the park.

4 months later
#696 4 months ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Well said mof.
I am also setting my expectations low. Hard to be disappointed that way. Stern has a way of *modifying* designs to fit a certain BOM and Dennis has been out of the loop on the game for a LONG time.
But it *is* Elvira so I'm buying it on theme alone to complete the trilogy.

That's exactly the way I'm looking at it too. I wont be getting one this year, but I do want to get one.

1 month later
#711 3 months ago

I cant wait to get a look at this game. If Elvira is the game getting revealed, Pinside will have a total meltdown.

#717 87 days ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

You worded that wrong. The game is not a "rumor" It was "officially" announced a couple years ago.

True, but it is surprising that nothing has been leaked. Especially now that we're supposedly only a few months away from the reveal.

#720 87 days ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Stern doesn't want anything leaked.

Obviously, that's why it's called a "leak".

#725 87 days ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

And leaks have been sealed. Hence, no leaks.

No question about it. Tight as a drum.

1 week later
#751 80 days ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

That would be interesting - perhaps all revamped from when Nordman was working on it.
Sure hope there is normal Pro, Premium and LE configurations.
Put me in for a Pro if so !

I hope that its mainly Nordman's vision and design. I think you need that continuity for it to be a true trilogy.

1 week later
#769 72 days ago
Quoted from BagAJellyDonuts:

I have my stupid idea of what I'd like to see in this game. All over the country there have been countless local horror hosts with all their personalities. Rather than make this about just Elvira, if there was someway to include a tribute to the entire crowd. IOW maybe few cameos from the others even if it's just a callout.

Absolutely not!!! Its an Elvira pin and I doubt any of us who are interested in this game would want it watered down even a little bit.

#785 71 days ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I love Elvira and the theme, but after the Black Knight flop, I am beginning to think this theme will flop as well.

I dont think BK was a flop.

1 month later
#805 37 days ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Elvira will also be at the Chiller Theatre Convention Oct 25-26 in Jersey!
www.chillertheatre.com[quoted image]

That's great news, Ted!! I've been waiting for her to come back into the area. I hear she doesn't dress as Elvira for East coast shows anymore. Is that true?

#876 33 days ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

One playfield design. Another Lyman coded masterpiece. It’s had two years to cook so hopefully it’s done and ready to rock.
Similar model/tier to Bat66.
Super LE available through Elvira only.

I hope you're right about the code!! I expect nothing less than for the layout, audio and artwork to be great, just like they are on SS. I'm just hoping for a little deeper rule set on pin number 3 to make it perfect.

I love Scared Stiff its probably my favorite pin, but a deeper rule set would have made it perfect, imho.

#924 32 days ago

Nothing worse than when a thread slowly turns into a pissing contest about people being offended or people being offended because other people are offended. I've been sucked into these debates myself several times.

Forget all that shit! Lets just get on with this reveal already!!!

#927 32 days ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Context...
1 guy said another guy was creepy for defending another guy he thought was creepy. Other than that last few pages don’t seem to have any crusade against anatomy exposure. On the contrary, a bunch of old men claiming they better get to see racy shit or the world will end. Fighting against phantoms. And invoking a burka? for some reason. Christ pinside is filled with dipshits sometimes.
All this horseshit when you should be asking WILL MY $9000 GAME HAVE ART THAT BUBBLES AND PEELS OFF? Would seem prudent to hold back orders until they address that, no?

Actually, what I think people want (actual interested buyers) is for the artwork to stay true to the theme.

#949 32 days ago

Looks pretty sweet!

#962 32 days ago
Quoted from wlf_:Deleted post

What problems would those be?

#1027 32 days ago
Quoted from wlf_:

Sexism, TBL drama, and the worst menace of all... pooling around posts

If you're looking for it, you'll see it, whether it's there or not.

#1072 32 days ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yes, there are indeed playfield pix. I too wish there was some kind of interactive backglass thingy like the Spider Spinner. Still, looks pretty damn cool!

I agree, ted. Although if I have even one complaint, I think the color scheme is off a tad. Its not a deal breaker, but I think its a legitimate complaint.

#1073 32 days ago

DP

#1246 31 days ago

I think the playfied looks very interesting and the mansion is badass. I agree, it is a little short on the Elvira artwork on the playfied, but the bigger issue is the terrible color scheme. Too much of a rainbow with all that blue, light purple and pink on the side.

The colors wouldn't stop me from buying it, but it doesn't go with the theme imo. I'm still looking forward to playing this pin and will reserve judgement until I do.

#1249 31 days ago

I see several people on here think it's an empty playfied. I actually thought it looked full and has plenty of things to shoot at.

#1262 31 days ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

The haunted mansion looks great! Looks similar in function to the castle on Medieval which many think to be the best playfield toy ever. The crypt, gargoyle leapers and other features look good, too. Plenty to shoot even with just two flippers.

The playfield colors don't go well with the red side art and powder-coating on the LE. I think the playfield colors will go better with the black trim on the premium (and different aftermarket side art someone will offer). I do think the light show will be fantastic with all those playfield inserts and the five red flashers around the perimeter (like the six globes on Scared Stiff). And Lyman will need to do a lot of coding to fully utilize all of those inserts.

I sincerely hope you need to have your hearing checked by a professional.

I think you're right and I'll bet itll look a lot better in person than it does in the pics.

Quoted from wlf_:

Yeah, it looks to me like there are a lot of shots, and there could be cool stuff going on with the haunted house, crypt, etc. Havent appeared much, but you can't see if there's a subway going on there too, or other behind the scenes stuff.
Tons of inserts and looks like some good mode/goal variety... and wasn't a guy named LFS doing that there code? There's a lot of great promising stuff there!

No doubt. The code should be good and that's ultimately what's going to matter. Im actually pretty pumped up about this pin.

#1343 31 days ago

Any word on when Stern is going to release some gameplay video?

#1483 30 days ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Preliminary numbers I’m hearing.
50 Super LE signed
400 LE
Unlimited premium
Premium and LE only a few $100 over previous titles.
2 licensed classic songs
Elvira and the gentleman that did the male voice in Scared Stiff is back for custom.

The callouts were done very well on SS, so that's good to hear. Any word on a timeline for a game play video?

#1495 30 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Elvira existed solely on TV, PG-13 rated movies, and beer commercials. She's about as raunchy as an episode of Three's Company.
I'm not quite sure people are really even remembering Elvira correctly. Maybe getting her confused with Linda Lovelace?
And yet it seems like if the game doesn't feature her getting titty fucked by a horse or gangbanged by the Universal Monsters people are going to be disappointed that Stern made the game too "PC."
Seriously folks - if you can stop reflexively typing "SJW" over and over, what are the "raunchiest" things in the previous Elvira games? "Nice organ?" "That'll get him up?" Are you really worried that Stern is going to nix stuff like that at the behest of feminists who all seem to like Elvira anyway? (at least the ones I know).

It is surprising how many people have the wrong idea about the character Elvira, besides the fact that she is in fact a character and not a real person. Elvira is about being a tease. She only references sex through adolescence innuendos and double entendres, but ultimately she never delivers anything more than an eyeful of her cleavage.

Sex acts and blatant nudity have never been a part of her schtick. Its always been PG masquerading as R rated material. Thats what makes it fun and clever.

#1522 30 days ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Personally I like that it looks different than the other Elvira pins because it looks like it won't have much overlap with existing games. I feel like I can sit this one right next to my Scared Stiff and they will complement each other rather than have lots of look and feature overlap. Actually one could even have all three Elvira pins side by side and that's ok because they will all look and play different.
Like most though I'm just waiting on pricing to decide which one to buy, supposed to be revealed this week!

I agree to a point. You dont want the new game to be too much like the others, but the whole idea of having the original team work on this game was to keep a certain level of familiarity, style and continuity going. That remains to be seen as far as gameplay goes, but the artwork is not quite at the level of the first two and looks like most of it was done by someone new.

#1627 29 days ago
Quoted from JodyG:

It simply blows my mind that people will pony up non-refundable money for a game that has not been seen or played yet, with code that will likely be unfinished for at least a year(s). There is entirely too much easy money out there right now, apparently. What does the SLE really give you over the LE? Beatles Diamond opened the door for this nonsense, and rich pinheads rubber stamped the order allowing them to do it again.

It's always been that way in this hobby. At least with Stern you know you'll actually receive a game.

#1736 29 days ago

Prices are getting crazy. At what point do they become too expensive to put on location?

#1739 29 days ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

What's with the great art (seemingly side art) and the terrible Family Guy art on the backglass?[quoted image][quoted image]

It's ok, but none of it's great. The side art colors appears to clash with the back glass. It looks off to me. Im anxious to get a look at this game in person. It sounds like the game features are going to be awesome!! The mansion is one of the coolest looking toys I've ever seen.

#1747 29 days ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

I think by side art it was referring to the happy birthday drawing. That's a pretty decent image. The one on the bg looks kind of horrible, although the only pic I have seen so far is that low-res one so that's not the final judgment.

Yeah, the image of Elvira on the back glass looks out of place and honestly not that well drawn. The rest of the art on the glass looks pretty decent from what I can see. I think if they swapped out all the purple with that monster green they'd have a much better look imo. I wonder if the person that draws it decides on the colors too?

#1754 29 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Child's play.
Some of those video games you see at Dave and Buster's are like $40,000 and up.

I've never been to a D&B, but from what I heard they dont have pinball machines. Plus I imagine the return on their investment is quite a bit higher for those video games.

For years now, Guys on here that have been putting games on location have been saying its barely worth it. I cant image these constant price hikes on pins are going to help.

#1755 29 days ago
Quoted from J85M:

The top of the mansion spins!? Wow!

It's not going to make me drop 10 large on this pin, but I'm still digging it.

#1758 29 days ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

No offense to Wincat, but that drawing is too cartoony for Elvira. She would never approve that as a likeness.

I agree. That style of artwork would have torpedoed game sales for sure.

#1763 29 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

LOL but weirdly posed, poorly colored, giant head Elvira will part people from $10k?
Once again - outside the pinball cult looking in. Fascinating.

Artwork matters and was a big plus on the first two pins. Are you going to pretend that it doesn't matter? Besides I do think the current artwork will hurt this games sales a bit.

If theres such a thing as a pinball cult you're very much apart of it too. You're not standing outside looking in, so dont kid yourself.

#1766 29 days ago
Quoted from J85M:

Pretty disappointing imo, was expecting a lot more especially since Nordman is into his toys/mechs, it would have been far more exciting for it to open up maybe reveal a couple hidden shots or divert shots and at these boutique prices it should!

I think there's more to this pin than you might think. Obviously gotta wait for the video, but I think itll show well. Plus who knows what Nordman wanted to do vs what the budget allowed him to do??

#1773 29 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm literally saying the same exact thing.
Artwork isn't as good as the first 2 Elviras & that matters. It's not horrible...could be better, though. For pinball people, it's good enough. Kiss artwork was pretty bad, pinball people loved it. BK3 artwork was wonky as well...pinball people loved it. Standards are low for $10k games now, it is what it is.

Ok. Sorry, I misunderstood you. Yes,for 10k I would expect all world, badass, top shelf artwork too. This new pin doesn't have it. I'm luke warm on the look, which is very disappointing because I thought this game's looks would rock!!

#1782 29 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Nah, the "cult" still buys every new game & dismisses rational critique of extremely expensive product as "negativity". The "cult" thinks nothing of these prices even when quality is questionable, units aren't field tested & code is unfinished. The "cult" thinks "influencers" like Jack Danger & Zach Meny are objective fans and not businessmen trying to sell product. I love pinball, but sorry, the current state of the hobby is the NIB Cult, and I'm not part of that.

Fair enough. Im not apart of that scene either. Admittedly, I may have pulled the trigger for a NIB on this particular title if I thought it was as beautiful as the first two. Especially because the third pin was being built by the original team that created the first two Elvira pins that I happened to like very much

This was the only title i thought that way about. Blindly buying games, especially without even playing them is not something I'm on board with. I still have an interest in this game and i still think it has lots of potential, but I'll be a buyer in the used market for this title down the road.

#1788 29 days ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

From Kaneda regarding the SLE (signature LE)
1. Signed Elvira card
2. Piece of the Elvira couch with certificate of authenticity
3. Metallic foil decals
4. Sparkle armour
No topper for the SLE
Artwork might me the same as on the LE
Playfield artwork will be the same as all models
No unique code confirmed (personalized elements)
The ultimate cash grab? Rumored to have been originally sold only through the official Elvira online store but now to be sold through distributors.

I'm well aware I dont have to buy this game, but damn what a ripoff!!! Premium is the only "sensible " package on this title. Theres no real value to the upgrades. Its Basically a 5k charge for an autograph.

#1790 29 days ago

I just realized the back glass art, kind of reminds me of the backglass art on the Class of 1812 pin.

#1796 29 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

Because I don’t think they will sell 50 at $15k with that feature set.

I tend to agree with you on this point, but you know there are some people in this hobby with crazy amounts of money to burn that probably won't give af what it costs. Theyll want what is perceived to be the best or at least very exclusive and will probably pay it. Itll be interesting to see if they get to 50.

#1804 29 days ago
Quoted from cooked71:

This discussion sounds exactly like the B66 SLE debacle. And for that you had to send in a video begging for a SLE PLUS they increased the number to 80 after the videos were sent and deposits received.
They easily sold all 80.

Yeah, but what was included in the B66 SLE and what was the price? They're literally giving buyers nothing more than an autograph for an extra 5k.

#1815 29 days ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Absolutely not true. You guys are judging from awful pics. Greg did amazing work on this & you’ll see soon enough. This game is gorgeous (and so much more)!

I hope you're right, because I've always been a fan of Greg's work.

#1865 28 days ago
Quoted from DennisNordman:

Will you guys please stop trying to critique the art based on a small, blurry, low res picture? That's just foolish. Do you really think Greg would do a bad job on an Elvira backglass (or any backglass for that matter?) This is his best Elvira yet. She looks beautiful with subtle shading that can't be seen in the low res photo, and the art is loaded with detail.
And BTW, I prefer 3LVIRA. I don't know who came up with that, but it's a very clever logo. The 3 represents an E and a three for the third game. Rotate it and it looks like boobs. Perfect!

Agreed!! Im definitely one of the Guilty as charged. I'll reserve judgement until I see the full reveal with gameplay video. I did think the design looked great from the start.

#1867 28 days ago
Quoted from J85M:

The LE has:
• Gloss Black with silver sparkle powdercoated side rails, lock bar and backbox hinges
• LE specific translite
• LE/SLE specific artblades
• LE/SLE topper
• Signed Adam West BM66 trading card
• Metal Ramps with Red powder wireform
From memory so I might miss something the SLE had all the LE features above plus the following:
• Unique SLE translite
• Unique SLE cabinet/backbox artwork
• All cabinet artwork embossed foil printed
• Custom Adam West “owners name” batphone callout
• Metal Ramps with Blue powdercoated wireform
• LCD/speaker panel powder coated in black and silver flake
• Pinstriping on lockbar and side rails
• Upgraded speakers with led lit surrounds and bat emblems
• Batsignal projector topper add-on
• Oh and a few matchbox BM66 toy vehicles scattered around the playfield.
I’m just not seeing the same level of extras on this SLE, the LE is stripped back compared to BM66 so that doesn’t help the LE/SLE, premium all the way on this one and add the extras you want yourself like a lot of us did with our BM66 games.

Idk what they charged extra for that package, but it looks like quite a bit more than they're offering with Elvira. I think the custom callouts are one of the coolest features ever. BM66 looks like an all around kick ass game.

#1987 28 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Innovation sucks in pinball and if that's what you want, find a new hobby, you aren't going find your "awe inspired" in this one. I'm surprised you haven't figured that out in a quarter century. Clearly, the iconic and outrageously fun modern American game of pinball is not for you.

Wow!! Good thing the guys who created the classic B/W pins of the 90's didnt have your attitude.
This new pin looks like a winner as is, but there is ALWAYS room for new ideas and innovations.

#2005 28 days ago

This game is loaded!!! I think the only thing this pin is missing is some drop targets. The playfied artwork is beautiful, but the premium cabinet art is a little weak and I really dont care for the trans-light. I imagine with all those inserts and modes this game will be plenty deep enough. Plus the callouts and video clips will just be icing on the cake.

Overall it's a very nice effort by Stern and its definitely on the top of my list for games I'm looking to purchase.

#2116 28 days ago
Quoted from Banker:

LE ordered, this is simply a hobby= fun, buy what you think is fun for you. Short videos are what I am looking for .
My grandchildren will like this as well a me. Likely be in my basement in less than a month. Anyone is welcome to
come play. Life is good.

Exactly right and that's Very cool of you to throw that offer out there. Nice to see the grandkids are into it too.

#2482 25 days ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

I dunno, sometimes play is better without drop targets. For example I currently own a premium AC/DC that has drop targets but I used to own the pro model that didn't, and the pro model played faster partly because of how fast the ball rebounded off those targets. Not sure how it will play out in Elvira, but maybe it will also speed up the target rebounds.

Drop targets are very satisfying to hit. Even with a slower rebound, they are far cooler than stationary targets. At least one 3 row bank of drop targets should be a minimum in every new game.

#2504 24 days ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

Not for me. They kill ball momentum and slow things down. No drops on Nordman's Scared Stiff or White Water. Guess what? Both are great games. I never hear them criticized because they have no drops. For other reasons maybe but not lack of drops...

There's some momentum loss, but its negligible. To each their own, but I'm really surprised that this could even be a debate.

Spinners are another "momentum killer", but I've never come across a game that's not more fun when it has them. I imagine someone will disagree with that point too. Somehow less features will equate to being more fun. Stern, are you listening??

#2761 20 days ago

It looks like a neat game and if there were no prior Elvira pins to compare it to, it would probably be a homerun. Unfortunately for this pin, there are two brilliantly drawn and designed Elvira pins already. This game definitely misses the mark by far when it comes to matching the style, vibe and overall coolness of the first two games.

The inner tubes dont integrate well at all to the theme and the dead heads have gone from some cool looking corpses/zombies to something that looks neither dead nor cool on the video. Their seemingly constant presence on the screen is an unwelcome distraction from some of the other things going on that actually look interesting. Theres other things I dont like, but those two really stand out to me.
Overall It's a nice effort, but it doesn't make me want it.

#3071 17 days ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

You've convinced me. Now that I've been reading all these posts I don't even want this lousy game!
The code doesn't seem far along and buyers can't count on this Lyman guy to make it deeper or better.
The stream didn't show enough clips of Elvira and they probably didn't record and don't have any more.
It isn't as good as Scared Stiff and it should have looked more like Scared Stiff with a bone-y beast ramp.
Only Stern fanboys like those haunted house and family crypt and junk in the trunk mechs on the playfield.
Except I do believe Lyman Sheats is the best there is and Lyman will make the game code terrific.
And I'm sure they recorded Elvira video for all of the 26 horror film clips and other game content.
I already own Scared Stiff and I don't want the same thing again. I like the different design theme.
If anything I'm a WMS fanboy and the cool new mechs on this game remind me of my WMS games.
So I'm happily waiting for the LE I've paid for. And lots of you will wish you had one some day.

I can understand this sentiment. But I'm not really loving this pin for different reasons other than what you stated. I do believe at the end of the day this will be a winner.
The complaint that I find baffling is that some people think it's an empty playfied. Empty?!?? Wth are people looking at? Theres a huge mansion sitting right in the middle of this beast. Theres issues I dont like that cant be fixed by code, but this game should rock when the code is completed.

#3107 17 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

While so much of pinball is subjective and personal opinion, there is one glaring OBJECTIVE FACT.
And that is that Stern sold out almost instantly 450 Elviras

True. To me, the selling out of the LE pins was not surprising even a little bit. Nordman started a thread a few years back about this game to get a feel for the demand for a third Elvira pin. There was (of course)a few clueless guys getting their panties in a wad, bitching about the possibility of a third Elvira pin. But overall the enthusiasm was high (has been for years) and you could tell the demand was going to be there. I never had any doubts about the sales potential or overall viability of this theme. Especially with the original team on board coupled with Lyman on code.

Elvira, (almost without exception) is about as perfect a theme for pinball as you can get. I've admitted that I'm not blown away by this particular game artistically, but theres little doubt this game should be fantastic when the code is finished. I did feel the pin looked a lot better on the stream than it did in those pics that were released. This game is really growing on me and will probably have me looking for a used one next year.

#3391 10 days ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

I visited Helicon and had the chance to put close to 20 games on Elvira. The layout of the game is solid. The house is impressive and the Crypt is a nice toy. The inserts & art package is reminiscent of old Bally games but updated. There are plenty of pictures of Elvira. The inter tubes on the LCD were not present, they must have been removed because of the complaints.
I noticed a few glitches that will need addressed in coding . The ball could enter the Junk in the Trunk lock from rolling into it from the playfield. It activated ball locks from the playfield. The VUK also isn’t firing hard and drained a few times directly into the left outlane. I found myself skipping all of the Haunt sequences and the Wild Women Multiball were rather dull. The GarGoyles Gone Wild Mode was very entertaining. It had good LCD animations and a Brain Seltzer sounding song “Jump and Jive “throughout. I hope that’s the way Lyman takes the overall feel of the game. The Haunts right now just feature B Movies with rather bland music in the background. Callouts and Elvira mocking the scenes would be welcome.
Overall the game has great promise to be excellent but it’s currently a work in progress. With just receiving a JP LE and really enjoying its current overall package I must say I’m less than excited to think that I’ll be taking delivery of this game in the next week. I invite everyone to check out Helicon and see the great selection of games there. Chris offers the most recent releases in pristine condition for you to evaluate yourself.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The details in the playfied art are pretty sweet.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
9,599 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Des Moines, IA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 12.95
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 9,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Flipper Parts
TheDudeMods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider honch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside