20191106_150140 (resized).jpg
20191106_143111.jpg
20191106_135932.jpg
20191106_140206.jpg
4DFF5D79-EBCB-4729-B9C9-8F242EE6BD58 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #23 copy of Elvira tweet about being at TPF2017 Posted by Mar (7 years ago)

Post #63 mnpinball comments on the speculation about Elvira 3 Posted by mnpinball (7 years ago)

Post #3843 What to check when you first receive Elvira Posted by jfh (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ds_nadine.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#460 5 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

With the rumours being deadpool - munsters - beatles
Is this game still on the radar for end 2018-early 2019?

It never was.

More like End 2019ish since coding has not eben begun.

2 months later
#600 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Yup. Munsters, Beatles, Ritchie's unlicensed, then Elvira 3.

When comes Brian Eddy?

Edit: With Beatles no cornerstone there's room for one more.

10 months later
#1290 4 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

E3 sounds good to me. Who decides these things??

Me.

And I say "No!".

#1579 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Elvira existed solely on TV, PG-13 rated movies, and beer commercials. She's about as raunchy as an episode of Three's Company.
I'm not quite sure people are really even remembering Elvira correctly. Maybe getting her confused with Linda Lovelace?
And yet it seems like if the game doesn't feature her getting titty fucked by a horse or gangbanged by the Universal Monsters people are going to be disappointed that Stern made the game too "PC."
Seriously folks - if you can stop reflexively typing "SJW" over and over, what are the "raunchiest" things in the previous Elvira games? "Nice organ?" "That'll get him up?" Are you really worried that Stern is going to nix stuff like that at the behest of feminists who all seem to like Elvira anyway? (at least the ones I know).

I only know her from the C64 games, and the first one was pretty, uh... adultish...

You die. A lot. Horribly.

And Elvira is also there.

#2043 4 years ago

Uh... somehow this game looks packed with small Little toys, but I don't get what the actual Mansion (main toy) does.

So left there's a stand up to... the Orbit?
Then you have a Lifting ramp entrance that leads either into the house, wich mainly functions as a diverter, or unter the staircase where... who knows rhat happens.
Then the roof can turn... for whatever purpose.

I guess a lot of Engineering went into there but I really don't get what this is for?
So, quite the opposite as with MM Castle.

Not trying to troll. I think I like it but that main toys purpose I just don't get yet.

#2057 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

The house per the video has a motorized diverter, so the ball can come out to the left or right I believe. The entry to the house feeds either the diverter or if the stairs are up, the subway. So, three possible directions I believe. The top turning is akin to MM towers moving...awarded on completuon of some mode I suspect. The house also appears to have numerous lighting modes with individual LEDs in the windows...something MMs castle didnt have.
So I'd say the house is at least on par with the castle, and a pretty good main toy.

Engineeringwise yes. And the Mansion looks cool with the lighting...
But the Castle seems do much more intuitive and satisfieing -> from what I see "now".

I mean:
"Oh theres a Castle, let's shoot it! I get the drawbridge down, hit the gate and then the castle "explodes"! - Yeah, did it!"

Compared to:
"Oh theres a mansion, let's go in. I shoot it... and the ball Returns left,... right,... center... Oh and there's a small thingy that spins indicating something."

Don'r get me wrong, I definately want to play this and it looks awesome, the mansion toy just doesn't open up to me yet.

#2147 4 years ago
Quoted from Vongoosewink:

Anyone know when we are going to see gameplay video? I seem to remember hearing Deadflip is doing one, but don't recall when...

25th

#2149 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Anyone have an idea about what they do with the movie clips?

They put them on the screen.

As prominently (?) announced, they filmed their own new Elvira Clips with her, wich is an industry first.

If they do a great job with Elvira announcing modes and taunting the player, that could be very exciting.

#2155 4 years ago
Quoted from wayinla:

Heard from a distributor that the SLE are sold out.

WHY?!

The game may be absolutely great but there really went very little effort in the SLE Design, compared to the LE.

#2167 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I realize that but was wondering if they'll be modes associated with the movies, that could be cool and might add depth as with BM66.

Well,... you can study the playfield and guess, but we'll know in a week.

With Elvira doing new clips especially for the game, it's a good possibility she "moderates" the whole game.

#2187 4 years ago

Pooling is a feature on Elvira.

The spec sheet even mentions the haunted pool area!

Only game with definately no pooling is Deadpool!

(Yes, yes, shower me with dislikes. I earned that! )

#2242 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Still way too much. Approaching 8k for a literal pro model.

Lol. That would be one heck of a Pro!!!

2 Motorized entrances, motorized bash toy, subway, physical ball lock in trunk, 4 small gargoyle kinda bash toys, interactive mansion with diverters and motorized roof...

JP Pro may look like the Premium but the only "toy" untouched in comparison to the Premium is that Jeep Newton balls.

#2316 4 years ago

'Cause you being wrong hurts.

Quoted from Rarehero:

Your job is to sell games. Good for you. [...] You’ll never be honest about games from a player or buyers perspective.

Zach rides the Hype Train like most of us and did so before he got a retailer.
Since he got a retailer he even stopped reviewing games because of his integrity.
He even tells from time to time publicy in the TWIP podcast, wich games are selling not too well, wich a pure businessman wouldn't do.

Generally you're right with a retailer being overly positive. Like Todd from TNT.
I love him but of course he wouldn't say bad things about a game he is going to sell.
We all know that (I think) so it's totally fine.

But that won't apply to Zach.

#2318 4 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Looks like these are ALL public domain movies from the 2010 season of Elvira's Movie Macabre.[quoted image]

Poor Lyman.

All these video clips. B66 all over again! XD

#2321 4 years ago

Was this posted yet? - Reads fun.

elvira-haunting-instruction (resized).jpgelvira-haunting-instruction (resized).jpg
#2334 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Actually that is one thing I like about Todd's videos, is the fact that he always finds something that he likes about a machine or a video game... Although, it is rare he does from time to time say a few disparaging things about a pin. Like Firepower II not being as good as firepower.
I own my own comic book production company. Not a big company, its very small and covers a very niche market.
And so I have to write blurbs on all of the almost 150 comic books that I produced and sell. It is rare, but from time to time I have to sell a comic that I personally feel didn't turn out good, or that I don't like. Its thankfully very rare, but it has happened.
When that does happen, I try to focus on the good elements. The things that I like about it. You don't have to tell everybody, everything. I don't ever believe in lying or even stretching the truth. But, to omit the bad elements in your personal review or sales speech, that is just smart. And so play up the positives and be blind to the negatives.
And I feel Todd is the same way in regards to pinball. He'll gloss over the bad stuff of a pin, and then focus on what he likes about it.
And lets all be honest. Given a choice between no pinball or a game on a clunker... I think we'd play at least one game on a clunker. Cos we all love pinball.

Of course. I'm totally with you!

Just wanted to claim that you'd of course can't expect a critical review.

(In addition I might need to send you some comics I made for overseas publishing. )

#2346 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Yes but on the podcast Stern says it goes to a ramp to return to the flipper.

If it was Gary just let it slide.

#2355 4 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

So, does Stern have a corner on the Yellow Flipper market? Seems there are some other color choices that would better complement the playfield colors.

I guess that's the point.
The yellow color sticks out.

You know it's true since we allways have the yellow apron card discussion every cornerstone game.

#2383 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

no offensive, but you obviously do not have a manufacturing background
the cost for the items that you've listed are close to $20, maybe $40 tops. how that translates into an increase of $400+ must include the cost of a wizard doing their accounting books

I actually do have a manufacturing/ development background with major automotive manufacturers.

But that has nothing to do with the argument that this game compares way more to a Stern Premium (because it is) then a Pro.
That is it's own microcosmos.

And for part cost, yeah you might be right, but again that wasn't the argument.
But with that you always have to include development cost.
Elvira will sell way less then JP, because there is no "cheap" Pro.
So you have to bear the estimated sales numbers in mind as a manufacturer when you do the pricing.

#2513 4 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

I think they are using glow in the dark paint with a blacklight

I think that way to expensive and they use a cutout in the ramp where the insert beneath shines trough...
...maybe the lift ramp is clear plastic and a bottom sticker has that cutout. (That would definatly hold longer.)

#2666 4 years ago

Game overal looks amazing, code will be there (eventually)...

...but the screen is not cohesive at all and the music, for my taste at least, is not driving enough.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

8,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hollywood, FL
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 188.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 12.95
$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ds_nadine.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-the-official-thread?tu=ds_nadine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.