20191106_150140 (resized).jpg
20191106_143111.jpg
20191106_135932.jpg
20191106_140206.jpg
4DFF5D79-EBCB-4729-B9C9-8F242EE6BD58 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #23 copy of Elvira tweet about being at TPF2017 Posted by Mar (7 years ago)

Post #63 mnpinball comments on the speculation about Elvira 3 Posted by mnpinball (7 years ago)

Post #3843 What to check when you first receive Elvira Posted by jfh (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 7 years ago

I think it wld be awesome and possibly look great beside my restored scared stiff . However i have lost faith in stern and also them making it half as good as its older sisters(especially ss). I'm sure it will be priced like bat66 also and not offer much especially for the price... i hope they prove me wrong tho.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from tiesmasc:

What if Elvira 3 is more like Big Juicy Melons and less like EATPM or SS? Would you still want it or does it need to be a modern game?

Thats what ive heard as well which is y im not excited . I'm sure many others that have said they are in wld change their mind also....

#110 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If I wanted it badly enough I could liquidate AC/DC to justify. But it would have to be fucking amazing. Not just exist as a theme. Scared Stiff is great! Loved owning it. Would still if I had unlimited space. But it's not like I actually played it much. When you hit the wizard mode twice in one game, and you're just an average player to begin with ... you get tired of it. Just the reality of that game.

Ss is definitely a game that needs to be set up as difficult as possible or it will get old fairly quickly. Have had mine for 3-4 months and have gotten to wizard mode maybe 10 times in 350-400 games and only started it 3-4 times. Also have never came close to starting the spider wheel mb. Game has restored playfield witg completely open outlanes and preset difficulty set to hard.... game is a butt kicker and holds up well in home use this way imo.

2 weeks later
#237 7 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

You really need a second Scared Stiff, Ted?

I believe he sold his a while back and wants another..

1 week later
#253 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

Does this mean it could be spooky and not Stern producing the game?

I hope its stern over spooky, but really wish it was jjp .

2 years later
#1054 4 years ago

Le is gonna be 10+ and the premium is gonna be 8k+ ..those are the street prices. Much like bat 66 i believe.

#1117 4 years ago

That's it? Not a typical Dennis n layout and cool ramps? . I'm sure it will shoot well and be fun (,especially with Lyman on code) but i dont see much there especially for the price point and how long its taken. Also im sure there's some neat toys /tricks we can't see but first glance is not super impressive.

#1288 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Interesting how the new JP2 PFs do not have art around the posts anymore...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
Yet the "leaked" E3 pics still have art around at least the slingshot posts - almost as if they are trying to get the community to stop paying attention...
[quoted image]
Stern says "Dance puppets!!!!!"

I'm sure the picture is from a prototype ... guess we will see. Also stern can make nice non defective play fields with art under the posts.

#1340 4 years ago

I bet the pin has some neat mechs /features its just hard to tell what's going on from the limited pics... its fun to guess tho.

#1395 4 years ago

Funny you all think the ball is gonna shoot all the way across the playfield into a trunk lol.... it will head towards the drop targets to help open the trunk but that's it.

#1456 4 years ago

Maybe the trunk works like the ss coffin lock. Its loaded by a subway and releases balls when ready.

#1836 4 years ago

Someone here had to get the pictures before they were taken down?..

#1838 4 years ago

I think the game will be good and theres a lot of neat stuff it does that we can't see. Just wish it wasn't so much for what you get. If the premiums cld be bought for 7300-7400 id probably get one as i love Dennis design's and Lymans code. Hopefully i can pick a huo one up in a few months for a nice discount like ive been doing .

#1841 4 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

On second look, that center shot in the house looks like an up-down ramp (a la Pinbot)

Yep ..this was brought up few days ago as u can c a hinge. There's a diverter when the ramp is down so the ball can go to the left or right ramp also. Game is gonna be neat like many of Dennis design's

#1842 4 years ago

At least it suppose too.. lol i dont see how from the pics but guess will see soon

#1901 4 years ago

Looks cool.. Obviously wish it had more to it for the price but another elvira pin and just another pin in general is awesome in my book.

#1918 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Wow, lots of mechs! Cool!

Where are you seeing this at?

#1941 4 years ago

If the premiums can be bought for 7300-7400 that's not horrible. Can't wait to play one.

#1951 4 years ago

Only thing i wish it had was some cool unique ramps like Dennis has done on many/most of his pins..these are pretty plain and nothing really unique other than the trunk/ramp lifting up to capture a ball.

#1963 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

stand-ups on the pro, ermm… I mean [premium], and drop targets on the cash grab LE and SLE's?

All models have the same playfield

#2228 4 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Wow...Stern Premium's are now basically the same price as JJP standards (assuming the Willy Wonka model will continue at JJP). I imagine that is their basis for pricing.
I really want this game - I think it looks great, but I don't think I am a NIB buyer (definitely not a NIB buyer until playfield issues are addressed and commented on). I will probably just wait for some rich guy to play his 50-100 games and be done with it, and pick one up HUO

Actually you can get a Wonka standard for 7300 shipped if u call around . Thats a lot of pin for the money imo and its really good.

#2490 4 years ago

Plastic ramps are fine imo.... was just expecting more elaborate ramps. I mean look at all the pins he has designed and they all have at least one neat/oddball ramp.

#2492 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yeh, the ramps themselves on this are very vanilla compared to his other games. Indy 500, Whitewater and Scared Stiff for example.

Demo man, potc , party monsters..... yep he has made some cool ramps

#2550 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Automated Services AKA Pinballs.com, the largest dealer of pinball machines in the world, still has some LEs available even now.

Really? It almost 10k and its nothing super special about it imo... then throw in all the playfield issues everyone is worried about and im not surprised they are still available. Also 400 is still a lot of pins.

#2553 4 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Perhaps only 200 for the States ?
A ton of work has gone into 3lvira one for well over 2 years now.
With a winning combination team.
Dennis Nordman Design
Greg Freres Art
Lyman Sheats Code
Jerry Thompson Sound
??? I missed lead mechanical engineer , sorry
As well as many unsung hero's working behind the scenes with teams ( coders, designers, engineering, graphics artists and so on ) all to make Elvira 3 a monster classic.
Also noticed on spec sheet Tim Kitzrow from EATPM and "The Mistress of the Dark" Cassandra Peterson for voice overs , so cool
HD display and Audio upgrade, man what other hype do you need
My guess is LE's will be well and truly spoken for after tomorrows Twitch stream with JD

I agree and that's all great/awesome but no reason to get the le for most and the premium will be just fine .

3 weeks later
#3655 4 years ago
Quoted from Vongoosewink:

An enterprising mod-company that can do plastic ramps could totally engineer a Nordman-style replacement ramp with the abandoned 'dip' from the prototype. There is a lot of unused vertical space there under the glass.
I'm more sad to see the cut 'Hand of Fate' wheel down by the reject lane. A physical toy like that would have been an awesome nod to the 'Spin the Spider' wheel on Scared Stiff, and could have been really wacky and fun.[quoted image]

Looks like a diverter also on left ramp where it cld also go around the house and feed the right flipper

#3660 4 years ago
Quoted from Vongoosewink:

An enterprising mod-company that can do plastic ramps could totally engineer a Nordman-style replacement ramp with the abandoned 'dip' from the prototype. There is a lot of unused vertical space there under the glass.
I'm more sad to see the cut 'Hand of Fate' wheel down by the reject lane. A physical toy like that would have been an awesome nod to the 'Spin the Spider' wheel on Scared Stiff, and could have been really wacky and fun.[quoted image]

Also looks like it had inline drop targets like met?

1 week later
#3792 4 years ago

Mylar is all u need.. cheap and easy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 188.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

10,000 (Firm)
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-the-official-thread?tu=bigd1979 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.