20191106_150140 (resized).jpg
20191106_143111.jpg
20191106_135932.jpg
20191106_140206.jpg
4DFF5D79-EBCB-4729-B9C9-8F242EE6BD58 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #23 copy of Elvira tweet about being at TPF2017 Posted by Mar (7 years ago)

Post #63 mnpinball comments on the speculation about Elvira 3 Posted by mnpinball (7 years ago)

Post #3843 What to check when you first receive Elvira Posted by jfh (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SmallyBells.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3036 4 years ago

Shhh, Let them learn the hard way.

Quoted from NPO:

Based on Pinside history, I'm presuming you're new to this hobby (seen new Pinsiders that have been here 1 yr but in the hobby for 25+).
That being said, TWD was known as the Walking Dud because the code honestly was "meh" upon release. About 1.25 years later with Lyman reportedly working on the game in his basement at home (never verified it), holy shit, TWD became a powerhouse monster which shined when Bowen did a tutorial for it in....2015 October if I recall correctly. After that video was released, you couldn't find the fucking game for like half a year because everyone was ordering "quantity 2" at their fave distributor.
EHOH, 3lvira, E3, wtfever-it's-called will shine when Lyman calls is "done." He tends to make a BIG release, and then some "polish it up" code releases come further down the road. Give it about 1 year from now, and the game will rock (code), unlike how long it takes other games. Great example:
GB....was that almost 3.5 years, guys? Some of your kids prolly finished high school and went off to college in that time, not to mention a different President was in office, MCU Civil War had just come out, etc.

#3134 4 years ago

I enjoy their banter and dribble. I know I’m having fun reading it. I hope they are having fun writing it. .. ..?

#3137 4 years ago

I’m sticking with the trans-Verb dribble. It’s a stretch and improper, but meant in metaphor context. Like a slow dripping of insults. It feels right, but It’s wrong. Like GB.

I can’t use drivel because it has been delightful, rather than useless.
Unlike GB.

#3142 4 years ago

And new flipper extensions so it can be played

#3150 4 years ago

I don’t know if you heard, but Stern took all our money and locked us in.
The hologram is nice for starwars and GB, it’s in my opinion, a out-of-theme artifact here. I was thinking more of a silicon doll on a couch with a shaker motor inside. Elvira should sell something like that through her website.

#3171 4 years ago

Looking at some of the third party mods, if someone comes up with a better cabinet art ( not a decal, the panel type.?), I may regret the LE over a premium. The third party side blades looked great.

Quoted from whitey:

Was going to grab a LE but at $10,500
Or so I’m gonna pass and take a back seat. Premiums will be around for a long time and after my Munsters LE that was a bust. Too all LE buyers I hope it’s a great game !

#3173 4 years ago

I really want to think Lyman can save us from the clip art heads. Realistically, he can’t save us from all the aspects we despise. If the heads were pop culture references, that could be funny perhaps. Prince, Micheal Jackson, Michael Bolton was a great pun on the ‘bolt head’. That would be tolerable. The 80’s had plenty of great shit to make fun of.

‘I’m a actor’..
No. It should be Kojak.

We saw only 3, I hope they were the worst.

#3177 4 years ago

This sounds familiar. I’m a special labor person, running a business. I can’t get real time off. So, no boats no vacations ect. I am a amateur pinball operator on the side. I really wanted a NEW title to route and see what happens to a very good situation. If Elvira flunks out, she can come home. The side gig has been amazing btw. It’s been hard reading the projections on this title.

Quoted from Diospinball:

I thought about that. Modding the side art. But, after you factor in the cost of making the art and printing it, and then the time cost... Its really just a wash. Which is why I went with the LE...
I don't like to tinker with my pins. I like to play them... And please note. I work a 9-5 job to pay my bills and mortgage. And I own my own business, which allows me to buy these pins... My business isn't the best, but again... I get to buy pins with the money. But, that leads to not a lot of free time, and that free time I like to relax and do stuff I enjoy, and not tinker... I don't mind tinkering(I'm a computer tech by day), but once I'm home from work, I want to relax.

#3338 4 years ago

I found it refreshing that someone finally pointed out Elvira’s feministic approach. It saddens me that more of you can’t simply get beyond the word feminist. I think it should be a part of the thread. If your buying a 10k-15k game, don’t you want to get to know her? Fucsakes

#3396 4 years ago

Who’s Trent? Why is he sending himself a email? Why is the email posted, I thought that wasn’t allowed? Topper? Why are there 2 identical posts? Is this a ad?

Please Ask Trent If Torgo is involved with the topper

1 week later
#3581 4 years ago

Gary Stern Should be one of the deadheads at this price. At least a caricature. It’s the least he could do.

#3584 4 years ago

It can be funny, doesn’t have to be mean. I meant it a decent tone. I understand they’ll only go so far.
Anyways-

#3586 4 years ago

If they could get him to do
The call outs, yes. The call outs should be based on the renderings of his staff, things he says that are quotable.

Ideas for the others?

#3588 4 years ago

I can’t think of another title where Gary would fit in so well and be welcomed by most playing the game. He could turn out lights in the game to save money or something. And Maybe that’s satire too far off. Idk. Only those that know him well enough should venture here. Has there ever been a title with a Gary Easter egg?

3 weeks later
#3848 4 years ago

It would’ve been too over the top if the certificate with the swatch was framed. https://images.pinside.com/a/7c/a7cf645d84c8802843ea161e9cefbf231b896238/resized/large/a7cf645d84c8802843ea161e9cefbf231b896238.jpg
Thankfully stern put this in a ziplock so we can go get it framed ourselves. It has a picture of a frame though, a nice touch.
pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg

My apologies, I’m not trying to pick on the buyer. It’s just the SE owners deserve better than the same grade of ziplock that we LE owners got. It’s a detail that should’ve been attended.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SmallyBells.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-the-official-thread?tu=SmallyBells and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.