20191106_150140 (resized).jpg
20191106_143111.jpg
20191106_135932.jpg
20191106_140206.jpg
4DFF5D79-EBCB-4729-B9C9-8F242EE6BD58 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #23 copy of Elvira tweet about being at TPF2017 Posted by Mar (7 years ago)

Post #63 mnpinball comments on the speculation about Elvira 3 Posted by mnpinball (7 years ago)

Post #3843 What to check when you first receive Elvira Posted by jfh (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sinestro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#346 6 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Elvira? Ugh. I rather see see something else like Back to the future or Rambo

This is an Elvira thread. Kinda silly for you to come in and and post surprise and disappointment, no?

2 months later
#366 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

TPF will mark 1 year since they announced it. But does anyone think we'll see it then?

Yup.

#371 6 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

I spoke to Dennis at Expo. He wanted it for TPF 2018. Not gonna happen! He thinks more like 4th qtr 2018. Lyman is scheduled to do the code. and you know where that will lead. Game is done and just waiting on code. 3 new interactive toys he said. I cant wait for It and Alice Cooper from Spooky.
Magicchiz

A lot can change from October to March.

#373 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Not unless Stern clones Lyman. He's still working on Batman code.

Batman's wrapping up as far as Lyman's "on the clock" hours.

#377 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I'm pretty sure that Stern doesn't care. But Stern made and unprecedented statement about letting Lyman work on Batman until it was complete. Walking that back doesn't help them.

Seeing as Lyman always works on the code until he feel it is complete (just on his own time), that statement by Stern is meaningless.

#379 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

But buyers can't continue to count on Lyman finishing the code on his own time. It's great that he has done so in the past, but we have got to buy games for what they are, not on what they might become.

Buyers will......until they won't.

1 month later
#381 6 years ago

We don't know what the playfield will look like yet, but there's a good chance these would look great in Elvira 3....especially the black and white one!

2 weeks later
#384 6 years ago

Hopefully Nordom's hiring at Deeproot doesn't affect anything!

#400 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Dennis, Greg, and Cassandra announced it at the end of last years TPF talk and even asked someone from stern if it was OK to tell everyone before they did. I forgot who they asked but that seemed pretty much announced to me.
If it's another super LE money grab and it doesn't have Dennis finishing the layout then I'm not really interested. I'll wait like I did on BM66 and see how it shakes out. If it turns out good I can always get a premium a couple of years after the launch. I'm not an Iron Maiden fan at all but it with Keith designing sounds more appealing at the moment.

From what’s been posted here, Dennis fished it some time ago.

#407 6 years ago

Ben Heck seems to think Elvira 3 is stuck in purgatory.

5 months later
#454 5 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

We interviewed Dennis Nordman for our latest podcast. Will be up on Monday.
We talked about a lot. His entire career.
He did touch on the development of Elvira 3 for a couple of minutes. Nothing ground breaking but there is some cool new info!

Link?

#459 5 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

With the rumours being deadpool - munsters - beatles
Is this game still on the radar for end 2018-early 2019?

Looks like mid to late 2019.

#470 5 years ago

Dennis turned in his design for the game. He even attended meetings after he was off the contract.

I'd say it's his baby, minus a few weeks.

Of course they can move forward without him. He even said so in the podcast.

#482 5 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

john Borg has picked it up thank god.

Where did you hear this? Is he finishing it for Nordman?

#528 5 years ago

My understanding from everything I've heard is that the layout was done and turned in quite some time ago.

That doesn't mean all the production related work is done (Norman stayed around after his contract was up to help with this), but his layout is.

1 week later
#544 5 years ago
Quoted from DennisNordman:

To clear up any confusion, I finished the playfield design, and Greg Freres is doing the art.

Hi Dennis!

Did you design Pro and Premium/LE versions, or is this going to be more of a boutique pin with one model?

Thanks!

2 weeks later
#569 5 years ago
Quoted from code2quest:

Wonder how much elvira will be once its released anyone have any ideas?

The Pro/Premium/LE moniker will replaced for this release with C cup/D cup/DD cup.

#579 5 years ago

#581 5 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

They better get the callouts recorded. We might not have any for Aerosmith either the longer they wait. People don't live forever!

I read earlier Casandra told someone she was doing them this summer.

That might have lead to some overly optimistic predictions that Elvira 3 would be out this fall.

1 month later
#597 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Highly doubtful, Tom Kopera The mechanical engineer was in a bad plane crash got severely burned is recuperating and Lyman is still not done with Batman.
I’d say late 2019 if at all.

If at all? It's coming. The work is done...has been for some time. Cassandra has recorded her material.

It's about scheduling and getting Lyman ready, as you mentioned.

#599 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

All the rumors are for other titles in the pipeline (Munsters, Beatles), perhaps her Halloween 2019 date might hold.

Yup. Munsters, Beatles, Ritchie's unlicensed, then Elvira 3.

1 week later
#601 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

When comes Brian Eddy?
Edit: With Beatles no cornerstone there's room for one more.

#603 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Don’t forget Elwin too.

2 weeks later
#605 5 years ago

Well, Lyman just wrapped up 1.0 of Batman the other day, and a huge update for Metallica today.

Looks like he’s clear and free for Elvira 3.

3 weeks later
#608 5 years ago

Lyman is interviewed this week on Head2Head podcast. Lots of good stuff.

He said his next game is NOT a cornerstone. If it is indeed Elvira 3, that might bode well for the rumors that this will be more of a boutique release, and not the Pro/Premium/LE model.

#612 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Elvira was supposed to be Pro, Premium, LE. Hope that hasn't changed and remains a standard release.

I’ve heard it both ways.

They may not be able to successfully compromise it for a Pro level. That bodes well for its coolness.

#622 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Not to troll anyone, but more a joke, Maybe this can get CGC to remake Scared Stiff in order to compete? I’d buy that for a dollar. Heck, might throw $7999 plus shipping in with it if they put an Elvira topper on it boogying like she had a ball joint at the waist. Don’t think Stern would “spring” for that... wait, maybe thats exactly what Stern would do?
Wait for it...
(Put her on a spring?)

CGC would have to not only license the pin from Scientific Games, they also would have to get a license from Cassandra Peterson. Stern most likely has an exclusivity clause with Cassandra for the duration of the license of Elvira 3.

Once that license expires CGC could, in theory, remake Scared Stiff.

1 month later
#650 5 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Is Elvira 3 going to be a Jersey Jack machine?

Where you been hiding? LOL!

1 month later
#657 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

They would do a much better job!!!
Just saying, my Munsters is fun to play
But dam Stern shit is so cheap , where do I start ?

Nah, then we wouldn't see it before 2022 and it would cost 9K.

2 months later
#669 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Nice. I hope Stern does it justice and doesn't just throw a Elvira bobble head in the back center of the playfield.

Dennis Nordman designed it.

#671 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

That does not mean Stern will make it how he designed it and meant for it to play. And I am a Stern fan.

This seems to be a release modeled after Batman '66. So there will be no Pro model.

I don't think anyone has to worry about a bobble head Elvira.

#694 4 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Dennis designed a version of it.
There is absolutely no guarantee that Stern would use that design.

They will be using Dennis's design. That's part of the appeal, along with Lyman's code. That's why I believe this will be a release similar to Batman '66. Premium, LE, SLE.

1 month later
#712 4 years ago

Elvira 3 will be released in October. Casandra has already said as much.

This July release is most likely Jurassic World/Park.

#732 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I’m not twisting anything. I’m trying to be helpful by correcting false information. An impromptu comment by Dennis and Greg is not an official announcement.
At any rate...[quoted image]

Cassandra announced it again within the last month, and gave out the month of October. This is not off-hand comment from TPF in 2017. By the way, Gomez confirmed it at TPF, 2018.

#737 4 years ago

I was at TPF 2018. I was at the seminar with Gomez. He reiterated TWICE that Stern was going to make Elvira 3.

That's the strongest non-announcement I've ever heard.

2 weeks later
#790 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Why would Black Knight have anything to do with Elvira? Im confused....

He's talking out of his ass again. He loves popping around Pinside letting everyone know the Black Knight was a flop based on some secret info or convulsed conclusions he's reached.

1 month later
#815 4 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

If there is a pro (i'm hearing there will be) then i'm truly considering one. I'm gradually putting newer games out and doing my best to keep my area kinda fresh.

Where are you hearing that? Dennis Nordman has said he designed only one model for it. Lyman Sheets has said his next game will not be a cornerstone release (Pro, Premium, LE), and he's highly rumored to be coding it. Very plausible, since he hasn't done a game since Batman '66.

Everything points to this be a special release, perhaps in the same mold as Batman '66 with Premium, LE, and SLE.

#835 4 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

I talked to my distributor the other day and he mentioned that he hears elvira 3 will be sterns next major release. I mentioned i heard it might be a release like the beatles and he made it sound like it will be their next major typical 3 tiered title released in either dec or jan. But again he doesn't know for sure. Let the rumor mill rollll i know im hoping it is a major release.

He's clueless. Released in December? Nope.

#837 4 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Big difference as this is a brand and character created by her, not some guys idea of "humor" at the expensive of a women. She talks empowerment and I have seen her post about female social issues. This is a great example of when context is key. She has an incredibly large female fan base as well. I doubt you will hear as much about people being offended.
Your SJW comment says loads about you though.

Uh, he wasn't supporting SJW ideology in his post. Go back and read it again.

#1090 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Just sent it to ya!

Share the love!

#1093 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

I was born in 1990, so I watched a lot of the TMNT cartoon growing up, and the movies. I'm sure most people your age couldn't care less about TMNT, same reason Elvira does nothing for most of my age group.

To be fair, your age group isn't buying pins in any great numbers.

#1097 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

I never said we were, I know I'm a bit of an outlier. I was just explaining why some people are interested in TMNT.

I happen to like both. Born in 72.

#1228 4 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

But that age group puts more money into location pinball.

Plenty of Gen-X's still pumping money into location. That along with home sales being bigger these days, keeps my point valid.

#1390 4 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

I wouldn't count on it.
I expect the plastic ramp to feed that flimsy chest, the three drops get dropped by VUK shot, once all three are down we have release.
You can see two clear rails on top of the chest btw.

It does both.

#1394 4 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Towards but doubtfully in...
Jacky launched barely into Aerosmith box and that was an easier launch.

That Aerosmith mech wasn't that strong. It would be a much stronger coil launching the ball out of that scoop....in theory.

#1981 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Lmao....let's all go back to flipperless bingos then. I think sometimes you argue just to see what sticks.

I don't consider Bingos to be pinball. So let's go back to the 30's flipperless pinball.

#2097 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I was considering ordering an LE but then realized this game is $200 more then my Pirates LE which has substantially more in it. Just can't justify the price Stern is asking for the LE. However, a premium may be in my future once I see more gameplay video and ultimately play it.

At least EHOH has Elvira fully involved in the assets, even filming new footage, a first for pinball.

JJP's Pirates doesn't have jack shit for assets.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

11,855 (OBO)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sinestro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-the-official-thread?tu=Sinestro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.