20191106_150140 (resized).jpg
20191106_143111.jpg
20191106_135932.jpg
20191106_140206.jpg
4DFF5D79-EBCB-4729-B9C9-8F242EE6BD58 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #23 copy of Elvira tweet about being at TPF2017 Posted by Mar (7 years ago)

Post #63 mnpinball comments on the speculation about Elvira 3 Posted by mnpinball (7 years ago)

Post #3843 What to check when you first receive Elvira Posted by jfh (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Roostking.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1161 4 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Big difference as this is a brand and character created by her, not some guys idea of "humor" at the expensive of a women. She talks empowerment and I have seen her post about female social issues. This is a great example of when context is key. She has an incredibly large female fan base as well. I doubt you will hear as much about people being offended.
Your SJW comment says loads about you though.

California, go figure. I wonder how many of the upvoters are sjw from Cali. They need to worry about Hep B in the streets, homelessness and open air drug dens. Those are real problems. SJW dont worry about real problems though...

#1163 4 years ago
Quoted from NY2Colorado:

Not everyone says Merry Christmas, because not everyone was born to Christian parents, like you.
Make sense?

Then those people should move along. Like when I hear Alahu Akbar, I know to move along, its going to be an explosive good time!

#1379 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

This one is a easy no. I’m out

Not surprised. #metoo and i wont be buying. Stern really is just pumping these pins out, thus woodhardness and overall satisfaction suffers.

#1475 4 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

Wood hardness and overall satisfaction are generally very good with Elvira machines though.

Someone got it!

#1589 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

“Leaked pictures don’t do the game justice”
How many times have we heard that one?
The BM66 had the topper, Adam West signed card and limited to the 240 episodes which also made it cool and unique
Looks like the 400 LE buyers, too many for the “boutique edition” will get the shaft by comparison?

No, they arent forced to buy it. If they get shafted, its because they chose to get shafted, by Elvira!

#1831 4 years ago

Arent any of you NIB buyers worried about playfield issues?

#2418 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Ball hits the pf well before reaching targets. You'll need a mylar patch in the middle of the pf.

If it doesnt sink into the PF first.

#2419 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

they should have charged 20k. suckers like to get screwed in this hobby. hey stern please make the next stern sle 20k there is an ass for every seat.

I would totally push the boundaries, see how high the market is, for "Dream themes".

#2487 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I'm actually curious to hear why they went with plastic over wireforms. I don't know much about pinball. But, to me wireforms would be easier to replace and should last longer.
I also heard that the ball travels at different speeds depending on the material, so certain designers choose plastic over wireforms for how they feel the game should play.
So I'm curious if it is a cosmetic choice, a play style choice, or a cost cutting measure. But, I don't think it is a cost cutting measure. As they knew the pin was going to be more expensive than their normal pins.
Also the lack of drops. I think those might have been always meant to be targets. Again its a different type of gameplay. Maybe they thought that having the one drop at the house would be best and the rest to be targets...
I don't know. I'm just putting it out there, that maybe it isn't cost cutting. It could be. But, I would like to hear from the designer his thoughts. He's not with Stern anymore, and that could loosen him up to be a bit more honest with his thoughts on the final product. I am very interesting to see how this game plays.
Also really interested in seeing the custom clips. This could be a special game. Hell lets give them the benefit of the doubt. As each of the past Elvira games have been damn good pinball machines.
If you guys live in IL you guys should check out Galloping Ghost Pinball. It's in brookfield. I go there once a month, and they have both Elvira games. And both are in very good working order(sometimes Scared Stiff acts up, but they are good with fixing it.).

Stern will save a penny anyway they can. Including plastic ramps on a $15,000 game!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 week later
#3154 4 years ago

Ok, those floating heads are a WTF is that doing there. Weird....

#3211 4 years ago

Ive never understood how people can judge a pin based on a stream, until now. One poster really broke down the issues with the game, namely the way the ball just seems to dribble back down through the pops, or off different shots. Not much rebound or speed. After watching the clips he posted, and described the issues as he saw them, I played some MET and EHOH did seem slow and floaty, while MET is much faster. This is not meant to be a comparison, but it does show what appear to be physical issues with the pin. Code cant save that.

#3215 4 years ago

I admit, im not into streams much, so are you saying the game was setup incorrectly in the stream.

#3217 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Congrats!!
Looks great and appears art runs to the posts on this one? Cheers to no issues and a ton of horror!

This pin screams everything, but House of Horrors.

#3366 4 years ago

He is a liberal Californian. Nuff said. If you arent in Cali or New york, your opinion doesnt matter.

#3478 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

It's not an angry downvote or anything. Im just not a fan of this chime in if your playfield is ok mentality. It seems to have been resolved by Stern. If you have an issue, of course share it but we dont need to hear it all the time. Just let them enjoy their new toys before they start looking for flaws that might not even be there.
Very minor side beef, not interested in what numbers people have. Never understood that one.

How do we know its resolved, if not for actual customers reporting back? Since Stern has not even acknowledged a problem, you can't expect them to come out and say its fixed.

1 week later
#3619 4 years ago
Quoted from mof:

So this isn't the first time I've noticed this visual confusion/amnesia on Pinside...
Note to all "artists" on Pinside, some free facts about human anatomy:
1. Necks are the not the widths of wrists -- a good equivalent for the neck is the width of the thigh at the knee (try it).
2. Breasts are not the size of skulls. Imagine having 2 floating heads on the front of your chest. Yeah...
thanks!

I am imagining #2!!!!

#3687 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

For the price this game is Stern should have really left those in and the hand of fate would have been nice on the left outlane, it’s a shame stern removed all the Nordman from the game.

What motivation does Stern have? Until people stop buying the latest and greatest, expect more of the same.

1 week later
#3825 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

At Starfighters acrade in Mesa right. They have all 3 Elvira games too.

Will be there soon!

#3832 4 years ago

Cheech and Chi Chis!

FB_IMG_1572734376095 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1572734376095 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

11,855 (OBO)
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

9,000 (Firm)
$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Roostking.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-the-official-thread?tu=Roostking and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.