20191106_150140 (resized).jpg
20191106_143111.jpg
20191106_135932.jpg
20191106_140206.jpg
4DFF5D79-EBCB-4729-B9C9-8F242EE6BD58 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #23 copy of Elvira tweet about being at TPF2017 Posted by Mar (7 years ago)

Post #63 mnpinball comments on the speculation about Elvira 3 Posted by mnpinball (7 years ago)

Post #3843 What to check when you first receive Elvira Posted by jfh (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RobertWinter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

OK. I can't take it anymore. There seems to be some solid speculation that Elvira's House of Horrors will be the next Whizbang boutique game produced by Stern. Cassandra, Dennis, and Greg will all be at TPF in March. Will there be a game announcement at that point? A few people have suggested as such on this forum.

Now this thread is not for people who would not be interested in a third Elvira machine. I'm not interested in hearing from those people. If you wouldn't be interested in it, that's fine. But let's keep this thread for those who would be enthusiastic about another Elvira machine. It goes without saying that I will be first in line should this machine get announced. I have my money ready NOW!

With any luck, this thread will turn from a gossip/rumor thread into an announcement thread and then a reveal thread. I've got my fingers crossed that this will actually happen.

Who else would like another Elvira machine and what are you hoping to see in it? I'm already thrilled with what I see with the color LCD for Aerosmith and can only imagine how great that technology could be used for Elvira.

Edit 3/25/17

It's official! Elvira's House of Horrors is coming!

Edit 9/13/19

Modified with official title now that Stern has shown it in their teaser video.

Edit 4/8/20

Discussion of game now directed to the Owners Club thread.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from Flipperfun:

If it is WNBJM re-theme with the crate base being a casket, I am out!

I sincerely doubt they would re-theme WNBJM a THIRD time...

#33 7 years ago

This would be great Game Over music.

2 weeks later
#218 7 years ago

Maybe 53 more days until an announcement at TPF on March 25th? Fingers crossed!

1 week later
#256 7 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I think it'll be whizbang built by stern

#265 7 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Saw this in Vegas. Great graphics.

Great. *Another* slot I need to get my hands on (pun intended)!

7 months later
#353 6 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

Hopefully we will hear something in the next couple of months about this one.
Rumor has it, that it will be an early 2018 release.

It will be later than that...

#358 6 years ago

Not a reliable one methinks.

2 months later
#364 6 years ago

It's already been designed. And no, that is not the artwork.

3 months later
#428 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Worse than that, waiting for an engineer to free up and be assigned to the software, so not even under way.

I believe the specific programmer has already been chosen.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Not if it's an SLE.

Didn't they already say there would only be one version? Like WNBJM?

4 months later
#472 5 years ago

Believe me. It will be worth the wait!

1 week later
#521 5 years ago
Quoted from Mar:

I've had a sneaking suspicion for a while, that maybe it's Elvira Presents: The Munsters.

No.

#522 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Franchi is doing the Artwork.

Also no.

#529 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

someone did post Dennis hadn’t finished the layout/design

Dennis completed the layout/design before his contract with Stern expired. He stated this in the recent podcast interview.

1 week later
#550 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Did you design Pro and Premium/LE versions, or is this going to be more of a boutique pin with one model?

I'm pretty sure it's one model, like what happened with WNBJM.

1 month later
#591 5 years ago

From Halloween Wars 2016

Halloween Wars 2016 (resized).pngHalloween Wars 2016 (resized).png
2 months later
#613 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Elvira was supposed to be Pro, Premium, LE. Hope that hasn't changed and remains a standard release.

Only one version was designed by Dennis. Not sure how they could offer multiple models...

2 months later
#658 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I think that ship has sailed....

JJP won't be doing Elvira 3, but we can always hope for an Elvira 4! If it can happen with POTC...

2 months later
#678 4 years ago

It's Dennis' design...

#685 4 years ago

Well said @mof.

I am also setting my expectations low. Hard to be disappointed that way. Stern has a way of *modifying* designs to fit a certain BOM and Dennis has been out of the loop on the game for a LONG time.

But it *is* Elvira so I'm buying it on theme alone to complete the trilogy.

3 months later
#823 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Not sure about the costume thing. The last time she was in costume, but I also heard she wants to stop that....

She no longer makes convention/signing appearances in costume.

Quoted from wayinla:

I sure hope the game isn’t a myth.

Not a myth. It's real!

#867 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Not as good as Ted’s proposed title.

It's always been named Elvira's House of Horrors contrary to some people's wishful thinking...

#877 4 years ago
#879 4 years ago

ehoh_title (resized).jpgehoh_title (resized).jpg

ehoh_realty (resized).jpgehoh_realty (resized).jpg

Did anyone catch the contents of the teaser? Specifically, the Deadhead Family Crypt?
ehoh_crypt (resized).jpgehoh_crypt (resized).jpg

And the house with the lit windows. Did you notice how the gargoyles on the stair rail flew UP as the camera approached? Hmmm...
ehoh_house_large (resized).jpgehoh_house_large (resized).jpg
ehoh_house (resized).jpgehoh_house (resized).jpg

Oh, and the organ tune sounded *very* familiar!

#886 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That's horrible. Reads like a sick donkey bleating.
Elvira3 or E3 for you brevity types.
is much more pleasing to the eye.

To me, E3 is this - https://www.e3expo.com

But I understand your sick donkey reference.

#893 4 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

I thought I read somewhere recently that there will be no Pro Model for Elvira.
They will make 3 models.....Premium, LE & Super LE.
Anyone confirm this or read it anywhere?

Nothing has been confirmed.

#973 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

2 year old thread.
Someone was ahead of the curve!

I've known about this game for a long time...

#979 4 years ago
Quoted from Toppers:

Surely someone saved the photos prior to them being deleted?

Can someone pm me the photos?

Received. Thanks!

#1116 4 years ago

I think the pops are behind the right ramp.

#1121 4 years ago

You mean Freres...

#1134 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

The gargoyles look like they’ll behave like the boogeymen

I think you meant like the frogs/leapers from SS.

#1256 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No mentions of "not buying because of PF situation with Stern"

I have already stated I'm out unless the blistering playfield situation is fixed.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/112#post-5167451

#1293 4 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Terrible choice naming it after the Electronic Entertainment Expo.
EHH or HoH

Quoted from xsvtoys:

E3 sounds good to me. Who decides these things??

It will come down to what gets used the most.

People *hated* the WH2O acronym for Whitewater when it was suggested instead of WW, but it ended up being accepted in the long run.

I don't care what people call it. Just fix the playfield blistering issue so I can buy one. I don't really care for the Circle Of Missing Artwork (COMA!) solution but if that's the only way to prevent it, I'm good with it.

#1327 4 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Ya I get it. E3 is easy and quick. Might be the best.

I'm not convinced. SS was not E2. BK3 didn't stick for BKSOR. I'm using EHOH myself, donkeys be damned!

#1328 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Look at the pic a few posts up. You can see they're hinged at the corner. You hit the face, pushing it inwards, and the top part lifts up. Same deal as was on EATPM.

More like the frogs on SS. Unless those tip back like EATPM instead of jumping up. But the teaser video intimated that they jumped up.

#1332 4 years ago
#1364 4 years ago

I prefer this one.

#1383 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Elvira is barely on the playfield and it just seems like Stern played it safe.

Remember, this game is called Elvira's House of Horrors. The theme is more about the house and Elvira is merely the host/owner.

Elvira is only on the Scared Stiff playfield what, two times? And they're basically mirror image poses of each other. And she's nowhere on the SS cabinet.
I'm seeing at least 3 Elviras on the playfield. Near the crypt entrance, on the plastic above the side targets and in the top window of the house. I agree that more Elvira is always better but you need some balance with the theme elements.

EATPM admittedly has a LOT of Elviras on the playfield but that machine is *named* Elvira.

#1384 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Robertwinter. Quit pretending you might not get one.
It’s a slam dunk 100% given you buy this one

Not a slam dunk for NIB. But yes, at *some* point I'll get one.

My EATPM was Cassandra's personal HUO game. And my SS was Dennis' sample game. Who knows where my EHOH will come from.

#1496 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I would use EHOH, but I don’t care what we end up using to be honest

I'm using EHOH. The more it's used, the faster it will be accepted.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1533 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We all E3 up in this bitch.
Sorry Robert!

EHOH is winning by a 2 to 1 margin against E3 in the poll someone else started.

Sorry Levi!

#1537 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

It should just be HOH. Scared Stiff is SS, not ESS, nor is it E2.

Except the game is called Elvira's House of Horrors. The same reason ACNC is not called NC.

It's also not ESS because the title of that game is not Elvira's Scared Stiff. It's just Scared Stiff.

#1544 4 years ago

I started using EHOH a year ago and I'm sticking to it!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-or-monster-bash#post-4532051

#1552 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think you mean OMGSPJS

He meant OMG4...

#1596 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

a 69 joke on the playfield

I think the *joke* is the house number is actually 666, but the middle number lost a nail and flipped over.

#1756 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

This is an Elvira drawing by Family Guy artist Wincat Alcala. They SHOULD have hired a Family Guy artist.[quoted image]

No offense to Wincat, but that drawing is too cartoony for Elvira. She would never approve that as a likeness.

#1970 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

No drops at all!

There's a drop under the left side of the house.

#1971 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Nice! Easily the best pre-release video we've seen from Stern. Lighting looks great.

I really liked the house lighting during the haunted mode.

#2033 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Hopefully LE decals will be available at some point to reskin the premiums if wanted.

I don't think they've ever done that before. Why would they start now?

Unless they release an "Elvira Cabinet" Premium some point down the road...

#2044 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

-Is that a blacklight trick on the ramp in front of the house? There's a ghostly face that sometimes appears on it...I'm guessing there's a blacklight LED hidden above the front door? ...that's really cool.

If you're referring to the face on the ramp, I agree. It's a cool effect.

Face.pngFace.png

#2104 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

So, just curious, is the bearded dude on the backglass a caricature of Dennis Nordman?[quoted image]

No. That's Eegah.

And there's a reason he's holding a can of shaving cream...
EHOH translite.pngEHOH translite.png

#2473 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Elvira's junk in the trunk and the ramps were "changed" from Denis' original design. Denis would never design ramps like this!

Quoted from bobukcat:

Is this a fact you have some evidence of or just speculation on your part?

There is some truth to this.

EHOH translite.pngEHOH translite.png
#2518 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I re-watched the video. The skull face shows up on the lift ramp when lit from below by THE CELLAR insert. You can see this during the video when that light is flashing while the lift ramp is moving and the skull face flickers on and off with that light.

Good catch. Been wondering how they pulled that off.

Makes sense too. A similar effect was used on the Dead Heads on the backboard of EATPM.

#2522 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

They’re using projection bit mapping. Surprised it has taken this long for any company to use this technique in pinball. Good look, as software handles the whole process. Haven’t had a chance yet to see where it’s located, but probably under an eave of the house above the stairs, pointed down to project the image when desired.

No.

Look 4 posts up from yours for the answer.

#2528 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

They’re using projection bit mapping.

Quoted from docquest:

Are you sure that's what they are doing?

Again, NO. littlecammi spotted it.

See here (link starts at 2:12 where the effect is obvious) -

#2592 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

awesome overview

Agreed.

12 different Deadheads? That sounds like fun!

Sounds like the Crypt Kicker to the left targets is going to be a player controlled shot similar to the cannon on ACDC/T2.

#2631 4 years ago

Did anyone notice that they updated the features video with music from each mode?

#2636 4 years ago
Quoted from karl:

That was done 5 min after the first video last week

That's funny!

I've been watching a local copy I had so I never rewatched it on YouTube.

#2638 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Nice! Just need to use pinball browser to add the Brian Setzer Orchestra version of JJ&W.

Does Pinball Browser work on Spike2 games?

#2639 4 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

And to think you've been calling yourself a fan for as long as I can remember! Enjoy the stream.

How many other people had copies so they could watch offline though?

#3078 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Is it too early to start an owners club so I don’t have to weed through 59 hate posts hating on the same thing?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club

#3164 4 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

LEs still available in Australia.

I'm still seeing ads for LEs here in the US...

CGR LE (resized).pngCGR LE (resized).png

#3186 4 years ago

Warning! This is a VERY long post!

Quoted from Vino:

Hey Robert you are op, maybe missed it but what are your thoughts now that it’s a reality?

I've intentionally taken a hiatus from this thread once all the negativity after the stream started. Now that it has calmed down somewhat, I'll give my thoughts, albeit biased, on the game.

I love the overall feel of the game. The big haunted house on the playfield definitely sets the mood. After watching the stream, I have rewatched it numerous times to focus on the LCD to help with my understanding of game play. On game start, the LCD sets the mood with the house and lots of info areas on the screen. Not overly crowded IMO.
Screenshot_2019-09-18 Elvira House of Horrors Pinball Machine Revealed - First Images, Video, and Gameplay Details - IGN(1) (resScreenshot_2019-09-18 Elvira House of Horrors Pinball Machine Revealed - First Images, Video, and Gameplay Details - IGN(1) (res
LCD start (resized).pngLCD start (resized).png

I'll address one of the elephants in the room first, the Pool Party tubes. I had the same reaction as most others had, that it looked out of place. I understand the tie-in, but it didn't fit over the B-movie playing behind it. Maybe if on the first pop-bumper hit a "Pool Party" graphic replaced the B-movie playback while the tubes are popping onto the screen, and then reverts back to the movie after the ball exits the pops? Or maybe the tubes could be made a bit "spookier" looking by using the art that's on the pop bumper caps?
LCD tubes (resized).pngLCD tubes (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-09-18 Elvira House of Horrors Pinball Machine Revealed - First Images, Video, and Gameplay Details - IGN(17) (reScreenshot_2019-09-18 Elvira House of Horrors Pinball Machine Revealed - First Images, Video, and Gameplay Details - IGN(17) (re

The other elephant is the Deadheads. Personally, I like the different personalities that are being introduced here. In SS, you only got a quick glimpse of each Deadhead (Fish Head, Shrunken Head, etc). Here you get taunted by the current Deadhead in play until you banish them back into the crypt. The continuous floating head may be a little much. Again, they seem a little out of place floating around the main screen over movie. Maybe confine the current Deadhead in play to one of the smaller screens on the right while it's in play? Because I believe when you *do* banish one, they become a portrait over there.
LCD deadhead float option (resized).pngLCD deadhead float option (resized).png

I *do* love the intro sequence for each Deadhead. How the floating skull turns into a Deadhead.
LCD hallway (resized).pngLCD hallway (resized).png
LCD deadhead intro (resized).pngLCD deadhead intro (resized).png
LCD deadhead Aunt Surly (resized).pngLCD deadhead Aunt Surly (resized).png
LCD deadhead Sir Normus (resized).pngLCD deadhead Sir Normus (resized).png
LCD deadhead Uncle Bolt Head (resized).pngLCD deadhead Uncle Bolt Head (resized).png

And the Crypt Open sequence was very well done.
LCD crypt is open (resized).pngLCD crypt is open (resized).png

One thing I missed during the initial stream was the Trailer Trash. This is when a mode is finished, you have the ability to collect an additional 50, 75 or 100% of the points collected during that mode. Shoot the house, get 50%. Shoot one ramp then the house for 75%. Shoot both ramps then the house for the full 100%. A timer starts on the first ramp shot so this is a fun little hurry up option after each mode for additional points.
LCD trailer trash (resized).pngLCD trailer trash (resized).png

I like that there are playfield multipliers as well. Complete the target banks (Trunk Combo and Hand of Fate) on both sides to light an inlane shot to increase the multiplier.
Screenshot_2019-09-18 Elvira House of Horrors Pinball Machine Revealed - First Images, Video, and Gameplay Details - IGN(10) (reScreenshot_2019-09-18 Elvira House of Horrors Pinball Machine Revealed - First Images, Video, and Gameplay Details - IGN(10) (re
Screenshot_2019-09-18 Elvira House of Horrors Pinball Machine Revealed - First Images, Video, and Gameplay Details - IGN(6) (resScreenshot_2019-09-18 Elvira House of Horrors Pinball Machine Revealed - First Images, Video, and Gameplay Details - IGN(6) (res

The lock animation for Junk In The Trunk is a fun throwback to the SS animation.
LCD jit ball locked (resized).pngLCD jit ball locked (resized).png

Oh, and let's talk about the Elvira clips. Everyone has stated they wanted more Elvira but I like how the intro clips were sprinkled in. They were a little repetitious after a few plays, but I'm sure there will be many more options in the final version. You can also skip the video intros with a flipper cancel should you wish. Of the few clips I saw, I really enjoyed them. The Silver Bullet beer reference and the "you know, MY age" had me smiling.
LCD werewolf intro (resized).pngLCD werewolf intro (resized).png
LCD teenage my age (resized).pngLCD teenage my age (resized).png

Here's a good example of *way* too many things on the screen at one time. There's the movie clip in the back. A still of Elvira over that during an intro to Wild Women Multiball. The Floating Deadhead. A pool party tube. And the WWM title. But it also shows you how much is happening in the game *simultaneously*.
LCD layers (resized).pngLCD layers (resized).png

Looks like there are a lot of fun modes throughout the game - House Party, Wild Women Multiball, Hand of Fate and Unhappy Hour to name just a few.
LCD house party (resized).pngLCD house party (resized).png
LCD ww multiball (resized).pngLCD ww multiball (resized).png
LCD Hand of Fate (resized).pngLCD Hand of Fate (resized).png
LCD unhappy hour (resized).pngLCD unhappy hour (resized).png

The animations for the LCD are all very well done and fit the theme very well.
LCD turret (resized).pngLCD turret (resized).png
LCD tilt (resized).pngLCD tilt (resized).png

I *do* hope the match sequence is updated as it looks very rough at the moment.
LCD match (resized).pngLCD match (resized).png

Quoted from Vino:

As super fan, which model did you prefer?

I don't consider myself a "super fan" but I do enjoy all things Elvira. Of all the models, I personally prefer the LE over the Premium. Why? Cabinet art is the main attraction for me in the price differential. I also started adding things that I would normally add to a game - powder coated armor, art blades, shaker, non-glare glass. With those and the other LE upgrades like the mirrored backglass, upgraded speaker system and lower arch, I feel it's definitely worth the added expense for the LE. I don't see the value in the SE.

Overall, I'm really looking forward to this game. I know what we saw was a only glimpse of what the game will ultimately become.

Do I wish the game were cheaper? Of course. But I wish ALL games were cheaper.

#3196 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

The translite is the same except for mirroring on LE and SE. The design team sticker on the LE has spaces for signatures (including Nordman + Sheats + Freres) and is noted on the Stern website as "custom autographed bottom arch" and that is not on the premium.

LE/SE have backglasses, not translites.

I believe the plastic on the right side of the arch will be pre-signed by the design team.

#3200 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Why pool floaties? Why not pumpkins or skulls that smash open to reveal numbers?

Because pumpkins and skulls don't float!

But seriously, the pop bumper area is where the pool party is and the pop bumpers represent floaties.
Screenshot_2019-09-18 Elvira House of Horrors Pinball Machine Revealed - First Images, Video, and Gameplay Details - IGN(4) (resScreenshot_2019-09-18 Elvira House of Horrors Pinball Machine Revealed - First Images, Video, and Gameplay Details - IGN(4) (res

It's all a throwback to the Monster Slide on EATPM.
elvira_ramp (resized).jpgelvira_ramp (resized).jpg
elvira_slide (resized).jpgelvira_slide (resized).jpg

But I get your point about wanting it to be a little "spookier". That's why I suggested using the pop bumper plastic art that has gargoyles and skeletons in the floaties.

#3201 4 years ago

Even the side art above next to the pop bumpers shows Elvira's Hot Tub which is an homage to Elvira's Party Punch cauldron in EATPM.
elvira_cauldron (resized).jpgelvira_cauldron (resized).jpg

#3207 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Played my LE today.

Congrats! You should post this to the Owner's thread - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club

What number is your LE?

Can you take some clear pictures of the backglass? Would love to see some better detail...

#3261 4 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

The price tag and the fact that it has maybe not even half as many features as Scared Stiff had.

You're kidding, right? Because you can't be serious. And I'm a huge SS fan.

The price? OK, the LE is $600 more than previous LEs. I'm sure licensing and the custom Elvira clips added to the overall cost. And you can't compare price on this to a game that's over 23 years old (SS).

Not even half as many features as Scared Stiff? Let's do a quick comparison.

Both have two flippers
Both have upper rollover lanes
Both have pop bumpers
Both have two ramps (I'll give you that SS has more *iinteresting* ramps, but they're still just ramps)
SS has the spider hole with a VUK to the ramp, EHOH has a multi-stage crypt with a separate VUK
SS has 3 Leapers, EHOH has 4 Gargoyles
SS has the Spider Wheel, EHOH has the Hand of Fate
SS has the Stiff in the Coffin, EHOH has Junk in the Trunk - both kick out balls
SS has a bash crate that also locks balls, EHOH has a full size mansion with drop target, lifting ramp, interior diverter, rotating turret, interior and exterior lighting, etc.
SS has 3 stand up targets, EHOH has 6
SS has a DMD, EHOH has a full color HD display with actual custom Elvira clips
EHOH has a spinner, SS has none
SS has 14 shots (counting each target/leaper), EHOH has 18 shots
SS has 6 modes, EHOH has 6 haunts, numerous multiballs, other modes like Unhappy Hour, etc

So where are all these extra (double according to you) features you say that SS has?

#3267 4 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

This picture brings up a good point...When is Elvira passing down the torch to a new talent?

They already tried that 12 years ago. The winner was pretty good but you can never replace Cassandra.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Search_for_the_Next_Elvira

#3269 4 years ago

Here's the winner - April Wahlin.

CwG4kMfWYAAYnYR (resized).jpgCwG4kMfWYAAYnYR (resized).jpg
#3271 4 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Denied....It's not about the body..

If you watched the competition, April had the mannerisms and attitude down cold.

#3273 4 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Elvira was an evolution of morticia and lily Munster...

Don't forget Vampira!

hqdefault (resized).jpghqdefault (resized).jpg
#3279 4 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

When compared to a pin of the same theme from 23 years ago, EHOH should be hands down and by far and away the better pin. But its sadly just not.

You're completely dismissing EHOH without ever playing it? Based solely on what you've seen on a stream with early code? If you prefer the art on SS over EHOH that's fine. But you can't say SS is "far and away the better pin" because it has twisty ramps and you've never played a single ball of EHOH.

Personally, I don't think EHOH needs to be "better" than SS or EATPM. Why can't it just be a new, different pinball that's fun?

#3320 4 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Ironically you'll probably have to pay more for a 23 year old SS in as good condition as a new House Of Horrors.

When I sold the NIB SS I had a few years ago, it fetched much more than the current price of an EHOH LE.

#3365 4 years ago

I believe there are 3 states to the crypt. Open, closed and skull head bash toy.

#3419 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

.83 Code is out. All machines.

Apparently this is the initial code that the games are currently shipping with.

#3444 4 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

FAT32 wont let file sizes over 4gb on to memory sticks

As per the Readme file, "The code download will need to be unzipped before installing on a USB stick.".

There are 3 or 4 files unzipped, each about 2GB in size. Put those on the USB stick, NOT the downloaded ZIP file. Those fit on FAT32 fine.

Here's the ReadMe -

The code download will need to be unzipped before installing on a USB stick.

Update instructions:
Download the zip file.
Unzip the file; this will create a folder that contains file(s).
Open the folder, copy the file(s) to the root level of a USB stick.(Do not copy the folder.)
Power the game off.
Insert the USB stick.
Turn the game on.
After the game boots up, there will be an option for software update.
The volume buttons change options for full or quick update. The enter button selects the option and starts the update.
Once the update is completed, turn the game off and remove the USB stick.
Turn the game on and the game will be running the new code.

1 week later
#3625 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Anyone have an LE for sale. There is one in the market that I found but it ship UPS freight I believe, NO CAN DO for CANADA. The UPS brokerage fees will be crazy!!

8 hour drive to Poughkeepsie for a $9200 NIB LE.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/86398

1 week later
#3751 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

whysnow My old eyes can’t read the text at the bottom of the pic. Can you post the text? Thanks.

Fixed it for you (and me!)

EHOH opto (resized).jpgEHOH opto (resized).jpg

#3805 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

At Starfighters acrade in Mesa right. They have all 3 Elvira games too.

AYCE Gogi/On Tilt in Van Nuys also has all three Elvira games currently.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

10,000 (Firm)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RobertWinter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-the-official-thread?tu=RobertWinter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.