20191106_150140 (resized).jpg
20191106_143111.jpg
20191106_135932.jpg
20191106_140206.jpg
4DFF5D79-EBCB-4729-B9C9-8F242EE6BD58 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #23 copy of Elvira tweet about being at TPF2017 Posted by Mar (7 years ago)

Post #63 mnpinball comments on the speculation about Elvira 3 Posted by mnpinball (7 years ago)

Post #3843 What to check when you first receive Elvira Posted by jfh (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mad_Dog_Coin_Op.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#420 6 years ago

I'll be buying Elvira III if it gets made. I love the other two Elvira titles. I have this weird need to complete things. I won't be able to sleep at night until Elvira III is safe in my game room.

5 months later
#560 5 years ago

So Elvira fans - Do we think there is just going to be one table to chose from? In everything I have read there is only one art package. One art package leads me to think one table version. Not to say they couldn't make another version later. I hope the "powers that be" read these post. Please make it simple and just make one. I'll be a buyer for sure.

1 year later
#2086 4 years ago

I want to purchase this game but I think I’ll wait for some actual player feedback before pulling the trigger. I was going for a LE but now I’m thinking SE and dropping a shaker in it. I bet the cabinet is already wired for it to cut costs. Tweaking the wire harness would take time and effort. I doubt Stern changed the harness between versions.

#2454 4 years ago

There have been two camps in pinball for some time now (Bally / Williams and Stern). You can like them both (or not) but everybody has a favorite. For me it is Bally. I think a lot of the Stern fans are disappoint while the Bally / Williams fans are happy with this release. This title is a carryover from Bally. It has tons of references to the old Elvira games and pays homage to there past designs. There are no drop targets in Party Monsters or Scared Stiff so please quit complaining about the lack or drop targets Stern fans. What the games does have is a real "subway" which is very Bally / Williams. This really is a Stern made Bally type pinball and I think it is going to do very well once people get their hands on it.

#2463 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

There are drop targets in EATPM: the JAM targets.

You're correct. My bad (I even own the game). I really don't see much difference between stationary or drop targets - same end result. It doesn't make or break the game for me. . The new one does have the one. It is kind of hidden away.

#2537 4 years ago

So we all know this game exists now. Who do we bug at Pinside to get it added as a real game(s) into the database? It would make searching for available machines, parts and mods much easier if an entry or two was made in the official machine database.

#2840 4 years ago

Let’s be honest. Who is watching the back box when playing? It really is more for the spectators. I know I’m watching the playfield unless there is a break in the action. All pinball animation is kind of on the goofy side. Elvira is no different. An oddly placed floating dead head isn’t going to bug the person playing the game at all. It looks like the game plays silky smooth to me. I’m still a buyer and I know the Elvira call outs will be good as always.

#2900 4 years ago

Isn't it funny that Pinsiders with several games in their collection seem to like the new pin while Pinsiders with just a couple pins or less say they are out and unwilling to give the game a chance? This is a dream release for many of us. I was just looking at the posts and thought that observation was interesting.

1 week later
#3431 4 years ago

Do we know if this is a real raffle? I want to contribute but I’m not a fan of clicking on links so I went to their webpage. There is no mention of this raffle on the Project Pinball’s web site. There is an active raffle for a Jurassic Park with the same start and stop times. I’m worried somebody is running a side hustle using Project Pinball’s name. I even went as far as calling Project Pinball for verification but only received an answering machine that said leave a message after reading back the phone number. I know Project Pinball is small but I would think they should at least have the answering service state the company’s name in the out going message.

#3432 4 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Do we know this is a real raffle? I want to contribute but I’m not a fan of clicking on links so I went to their webpage. There is no mention on this raffle on the Project Pinball’s web site. There is an active raffle for a Jurassic Park with the same start and stop times. I’m worried somebody is running a side hustle using Project Pinball’s name. I even went as far as calling Project Pinball for verification but only received an answering machine that said leave a message after reading back the phone number. I know Project Pinball is small but I would think they should at least have the answering service state the company’s name in he out going message.

#3436 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Check out the project pinball thread. It's legit. They posted it themselves. I have a ticket myself. I usually grab a ticket for every pro raffle.[quoted image]

Ok - that makes me feel better. Thanks.

1 week later
#3659 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Number 166 is set up ! I’m digging the game so far . Question ? First issue ball was behind a gate left of castle and ball search couldn’t find it ? Then I rolled it over behind drop target and game did ball search but doesn’t lower drop target ?
I apologize if this has been discussed already
Thanks![quoted image]

The gate in question has a little spring on the left side the needs bent out a little. My guess is your gate is trapping the ball under it. This happened to me also. If you remove the long plastic ramp you can see the spring. Give it a little tweak and you should be good.

1 week later
#3720 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Yeah. Game is pretty much a mess for current code and some pretty big design flaws. Two major things I have found. One is the opto under the main ramp that goes to cellar VUK is poorly designed and easily gets out of alignment. Once out of alignment that means you have to disassemble the whole house to get to topside opto. Just a really poor design.
The second appears to be a fatal Design flaw likely the result of sticking to BOM limits rather than caring about design. The drop target is not a controlled drop. And it acts as a pretty big stuck ball spot. The lock shot has a turn around ball guide that Has a flat spot which along with the one way gate causes slow rolling balls to get stuck. Then ball search kicks in and brings the drop target up which cause the ball to roll down behind it and become permanently stuck.
Lyman, if you are reading this please remove the drop target coil from ball search. There is no reason to ever bring it back up in ball search. Without a control coil to take it back down it becomes a permenant ball stuck spot.

The fatal flaw you mentioned is a simple tweak to the tension spring on the wire gate under the left ramp. This is the gate before the opto lock in the garage. It was set to firm from the factory and traps the ball. Once corrected you'll never have an issue again. Yes, the gate has a spring on it. It is mounted on the left side of the gate. You can get to it if you remove the long left plastic ramp. Takes about 5 mins to correct.

#3725 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

yeah, I adjusted the tension steel spring on the one way gate to essentially make the spring a non-factor. There is still a good chance for stuck balls at the flat spot in the turn around and gate combo, esp w a slow moving ball.
Sadly, no adjustment is going to correct the lack of control coil on the drop target. That spot is still a poorly designed stuck ball situation.
A single controlled drop would be all that is needed to remove that ball stick. Then a ball search would always free a ball trapped behind the drop target.
Honestly, this is a really poor design and pretty frustrating on any game, let alone a game this expensive.
There is a bunch of pretty janky stuff on this game that is prone to failure. Turret motor already confused/broken/ stripped gears. Guessing the up/down ramp and the diverter in the back will also be failure points to look out for.
I really like how the game shoots and lots of cool features. Just frustrated with the really poorly design of "how" for these features and kind of amateur hour for some of the decisions for how to engineer certain things.
The lack of controlled drop and weird opto through the bottom of the mech with no real way to hold things in place are 2 things that even a junior engineer would red flag on day one.

I have never had my ball stuck behind the drop after the gate issue was corrected (now at 200 plus games). Run the game at slightly more pitch. That should take care of the flat spot issue. I’m not sure why you are bashing the turret motor at all. It hasn’t been programmed to do anything yet. I know it’s aggravating to buy a game that has incomplete code but that will change soon. It is cost of being an early buyer. Just give it some time. These issues you’re having will all be worked out.

#3733 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

That is incorrect. The turret rotates during house party. I just played it this weekend. It turns, stops, turns, stops, etc.

I didn’t realize it did anything yet. It is going to do a lot more as is the “shaker” once things get sorted out. The only time I’ve seen it move is during a ball check on .83 code. Haven’t had a ball stuck since then.

#3734 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

[quoted image]

Love the photo. Can’t believe you removed the house. Didn’t realize the “wild women” graphic was even there. The flat spot isn’t hosing me up a bit. A simple mod of a shaped piece of lexan will fix you up if the pitch change doesn’t. The drop target will stay down unless a ball check starts up. The slightest bump should free the ball. I do agree with you that the drop target raise should be taken out of ball search. It is half the solution by itself.

#3752 4 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

What is the right pitch for this game?

The manual says 6.5 but I like 7 or 7.5 better.

#3763 4 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

#75 made it here today, on my birthday yet too.
Had the day off to play it a lot as well.
No issues out of the box, but shoots right off the bottom of the left ramp a lot.
Usually right down the drain.
Shit design on that ramp for sure.
Nothing I can do to make it better either.
I have had the same ball hang ups as well.
Couple of others as too.[quoted image][quoted image]

Your ramp problem is an easy fix. Buy this from RGP Models in the Pinside market or make one yourself. It works great and is the perfect fit.
8c8ba11073dbcfd8fc92f82ef0fa2369e9d23add[1] (resized).jpg8c8ba11073dbcfd8fc92f82ef0fa2369e9d23add[1] (resized).jpg

#3772 4 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Love this game. Only issue I am having luckily is Gargoyles on the right ramp keep hitting the glass pretty (Pretty Hard). Anyone have this issue. Looks like you cannot adjust the height under the playfield.
Thanks.
Im sure there is a post about this somewhere in these 76 pages.

They do hit the glass by design. If you don’t like it you can add a ring of dense foam on the bottom of the shaft (underside of the playfield). I think it is officially called shadow foam.

#3787 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCoinSlotTC:

Played for the first time on a LE on location in AZ this weekend. Pretty fun, and had decently long ball times. Ball trough seemed like it had already taken a beating and was chipping away considering how long it has been out. It's better looking in person for sure.[quoted image]

This example looks like it is a result of an alignment problem. The ball should get kicked out into the shooter lane hard enough to hit the metal plate on the opposite side and then settle down in the shooter lane. In this photo it looks like the ball is kicking out and hitting the edge of the shooter lane first (the wood). Not good. Does anyone make a shooter lane protector for this yet? I'm not a fan of Mylar in this area because it doesn't shape well to the tapered shooter lane.

#3795 4 years ago

I just put a square of Mylar on. I guess that will have to do until something better comes along. No damage to mine and I have a few hundred games on it.

20191030_192527 (resized).jpg20191030_192527 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#3846 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Do you know when this was corrected in production?

I think it is the same gate minus the spring. If you have the one with the spring just bend it upwards and you're fine.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mad_Dog_Coin_Op.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-the-official-thread?tu=Mad_Dog_Coin_Op and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.