20191106_150140 (resized).jpg
20191106_143111.jpg
20191106_135932.jpg
20191106_140206.jpg
4DFF5D79-EBCB-4729-B9C9-8F242EE6BD58 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #23 copy of Elvira tweet about being at TPF2017 Posted by Mar (7 years ago)

Post #63 mnpinball comments on the speculation about Elvira 3 Posted by mnpinball (7 years ago)

Post #3843 What to check when you first receive Elvira Posted by jfh (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DJNOEL30.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2237 4 years ago

Any distributors on here with LE's available? I thought I had mine locked in with my guy and it turns out I was not in the mix. Let me know hit me up.

Thanks!

Leigh

#2249 4 years ago
Quoted from Redfield0009:

Craig? Yeah I was in the same boat. Thought I was locked in when I was added to the list in MARCH. Turns out I wasn't.

Yeah, he didn't get allocated enough I guess. I'm on the hunt for another distro to find an LE. I'm hoping the usual pinside outrage will happen after the first live stream and scare some folks into canceling haha

#2359 4 years ago

Found an LE, getting it locked in today! Thanks to all that reached out to help me find one!

#2538 4 years ago

Got my LE locked in

#2541 4 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

I’m surprised you were able to find one at this stage. I had to call around on Friday to find one. My normal distributor was sold out 15 min after the reveal.

I had a few pinsider's that hit me up real quick and I took over one of their spots over at Game Exchange. In my search I did find a distro in CT that has 3 available now that I spoke to over the weekend, its Automated Services/Pinballs.com.

#2555 4 years ago

I know there is a lot of criticism around the hype of these games especially with the play field issues that are being reported here on Pinside. With that said as a home use buyer of these games and having purchased quite a few NIB Stern games since diving into this hobby I have yet to have any of the issues I have read about on these threads. The only adjustment to these NIB games that I make are factory add on’s like mirror blades or a simple lighting mod that is supported by the game. I’m really looking forward to getting the LE in the house, my first machine was Elvira and Party Monsters so I’m definitely a fan of the theme. I think this game will do really well and I can’t wait to get it here!

#2558 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Happy for your excitement.
Since you have been one of the few lucky ones that has bought multiple NIB games and had zero issues, would you be willing to post up a bunch of pictures of your playfields and also your lifetime play counts?
I am curious if we can identify that your pf are made by a different manufacturer? also if you have limited plays so it is possible things are not appearing yet but may in the future.
I would guess it is a chance of both.
I would also guess that some home owners with high end LE stuff are not actually examining their games for these issues fully.
(not saying you are not, but IME some collectors rarely play game and even more rarely take off the glass to work on/get in close to see these issues)

I have all the games that I have owned listed on my profile both current and prior collections. I typically carry 4-5 games at a time since that's all I really have room for. Other than the group get together's at the house I am the only player of the games, kids bang on it occasionally as well. I typically average 1500-2500 plays on a game before switching it out. I still have my Monster Bash LE (Sort of Stern) that I have put a little over 2000 plays on if pictures of that will help. My next two Sterns that I will have in the coming weeks will be JP Prem and Elvira LE.

#2561 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

of your current and previous games list, GB is the only one that had any issues and thise were very different (ghosting inserts)
Your MBle is actually made by CGC and Stern has nothing to do with it. CGC current pf seems very good, which makes sense since they have been doing it longer than anyone.
Keep and eye on your JP and EV3, as those will be the most suspect.
IME, Maiden and onwards are when things became much worse and it has gotten worse with each successive title.

GB was probably the one I put the most plays on out of everything I have owned. Didn't experience any ghosting or play field issues with that one. I'm expecting the JP and EV3 in the coming weeks so I will post something as I work my way through them, not too concerned about it though.

#3100 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Since this isn’t the owners thread here and it’s more like the haters thread I gotta comment on Kman’s podcast about Elvira.
I listened to it while riding the bike and nearly fell off lmao at some of the ridiculous comments made
First of all happy bday and congrats on getting over 400 podcasts in. I remember talking to you about you thinking about doing one years ago. Keep it up
People gotta realize that love it or hate it the podcast is entertaining AND as such it caters to more of the hater, rage against the machine, whiner crowd.
That is why primarily Chris will win the Twipy again. Most people love to listen to negative entertaining BS. Look at the news today!
Have you ever heard Chris rail on a game he owns? Well it’s just one and it’s BM66. I own it too
He doesn’t like the Elvira theme, doesn’t get it, and despite being a “marketing guy” can’t figure out how the F Stern is able to sell out these games so fast.
It must be the myopic viewpoint that we are all suckers like he said and stupid for spending that kind of $$ on the game.
MANY of us believe Elvira will be BETTER than BM66 and it just an opinion based on PAST RESULTS and the fact that yes Lyman is a pinball god.
Can you just hear the crowd of 2500 cheering and screaming for Kman as he rails against the stupid 450 suckers for buying the game. LOL
Connect with hate man!
As for Elvira i paid $600 more than I did for my previous LE. So what? It’s in higher demand
The idea that Chris keeps throwing out there about how the community has to band together and demand more for the $$$ or Stern will never give it to us is STUPID on its face
Aside from acknowledging what’s coming in 2020 I’m quite sure that Stern wants to COMPETE, make money and stay in business for the long haul. Thus they will innovate and get better due to competition and the drive to dominate
Right now they are crushing it and will continue to crush it! Stern is NOT the one making me rethink my purchases, bottom line
It’s NOT based on some unrealistic “give me the magic” BS like Chris blew a nut over when he saw Wonka the first time.
Is that the “magic” Chris? LOL
Message to Stern, keep making FUN games, with great artwork, theme and fantastic integration and people like myself will keep buying and the HATE crowd will just be left wondering why and whining about it here and on his podcast.
Sorry buddy, gotta call you out on this one since you called me and the others out as “suckers”
As to price and value to people, don’t ever forget it all very relative and subjective. It’s a PERSONAL choice for everyone.
I look forward to our conversation when I receive these games and get a chance to dig in.
One last thought for all of you, think about Apple and why millions of people are upgrading their phones and the stock is about to hit an time high.
I can buy a much cheaper older version on the secondary market? Get it? Very few people want a restored TOM or TOTAN for the same $$$$. We want NEW F ing experiences and are willing to pay for it!!!!

Spot on, I have zero regrets on my decision to buy an LE. I have thoroughly enjoyed the Stern games that I have purchased in the short time I have been in this and absolutely want the new experience and I have NO problem paying for it period end of story. I don't feel like a sucker one bit, as a matter of fact so far the games that have been hated on the most seem to do pretty well. Looks to me like the market seems to be speak loud and clear on the games value.

2 weeks later
#3606 4 years ago

My LE is scheduled to be here between 10-2 tomorrow!

1 week later
#3744 4 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I have never had my ball stuck behind the drop after the gate issue was corrected (now at 200 plus games). Run the game at slightly more pitch. That should take care of the flat spot issue. I’m not sure why you are bashing the turret motor at all. It hasn’t been programmed to do anything yet. I know it’s aggravating to buy a game that has incomplete code but that will change soon. It is cost of being an early buyer. Just give it some time. These issues you’re having will all be worked out.

What is the right pitch for this game?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,000 (Firm)
8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 188.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DJNOEL30.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-the-official-thread?tu=DJNOEL30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.