pasted_image (resized).jpeg
762CCCAE-7C30-48EB-A24B-662264858C0C (resized).jpeg
20191106_150140 (resized).jpg
20191106_143111.jpg
20191106_135932.jpg
20191106_140206.jpg
4DFF5D79-EBCB-4729-B9C9-8F242EE6BD58 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 79.
#351 6 years ago

Maybe I'm the weirdo then?

#352 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I must be the only one that doesn't like it....

I'm in agreement with you. I'm not against the concept, but here it just doesn't look right to me.

I'm also not a huge fan of the multi-color GI scheme. If they could tone the color saturation down a bit then maybe, but I guess as it is it just isn't my thing.

#353 6 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

Hopefully we will hear something in the next couple of months about this one.
Rumor has it, that it will be an early 2018 release.

It will be later than that...

#354 6 years ago

Stern neex to give it the programing time. We all kniw how slow that is from stern.

#355 6 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Elvira? Ugh. I rather see see something else like Back to the future or Rambo

Blasphemy! Elvira 3 is gonna rock! I wish I could get in on it.

#356 6 years ago

Announcement will be soon from what I heard, within a month I think.

#357 6 years ago
Quoted from Alky:

Announcement will be soon from what I heard, within a month I think.

Source?

#358 6 years ago

Not a reliable one methinks.

2 weeks later
#359 6 years ago

Slightly OT: Elvira's 13 Nights of Horror is free on VUDU right now.

1 month later
#360 6 years ago

TPF will mark 1 year since they announced it. But does anyone think we'll see it then?

#361 6 years ago

Pure speculation......but probably a Fall 2018 title earliest. Maybe tease ahead of Expo, with a reveal at the show. Have her in attendance, right before Halloween. She's no longer doing the Knott's Berry Farm shows so she wouldn't be tied up with that next year and could attend.

Who knows

it just better be a loaded pin with some new mechs from Dennis N. that we haven't seen before. Some killer art from Greg F. Some code magic by Lyman sprinkled on top.
Something that will be worthy of sitting next to the other 2 Elvira pins This is a pedigree title with nostalgia and deserves to be done right.

#362 6 years ago

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#364 6 years ago

It's already been designed. And no, that is not the artwork.

#365 6 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I know....I was just kidding. But that it's been designed is great news! Can't wait to see it as I'm sure all of us Stiffies are...

#366 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

TPF will mark 1 year since they announced it. But does anyone think we'll see it then?

Yup.

#367 6 years ago

Any hints on a potential reveal? TPF?

#368 6 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Any hints on a potential reveal? TPF?

That is the expectation.

#369 6 years ago

I spoke to Dennis at Expo. He wanted it for TPF 2018. Not gonna happen! He thinks more like 4th qtr 2018. Lyman is scheduled to do the code. and you know where that will lead. Game is done and just waiting on code. 3 new interactive toys he said. I cant wait for It and Alice Cooper from Spooky.
Magicchiz

#370 6 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

I spoke to Dennis at Expo. He wanted it for TPF 2018. Not gonna happen! He thinks more like 4th qtr 2018. Lyman is scheduled to do the code. and you know where that will lead. Game is done and just waiting on code. 3 new interactive toys he said.

If true, that's good news. I would rather see the game held back until code is complete (or close) than have another Batman debacle. I'm guessing there is some decent overlap between Batman owners and potential Elvira owners so delaying the release seems like a good move on Stern's part.

#371 6 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

I spoke to Dennis at Expo. He wanted it for TPF 2018. Not gonna happen! He thinks more like 4th qtr 2018. Lyman is scheduled to do the code. and you know where that will lead. Game is done and just waiting on code. 3 new interactive toys he said. I cant wait for It and Alice Cooper from Spooky.
Magicchiz

A lot can change from October to March.

#372 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

A lot can change from October to March.

Not unless Stern clones Lyman. He's still working on Batman code.

#373 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Not unless Stern clones Lyman. He's still working on Batman code.

Batman's wrapping up as far as Lyman's "on the clock" hours.

#374 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Batman's wrapping up as far as Lyman's "on the clock" hours.

Unless Stern wants to compound the problem, they will let him finish Batman first. I'm not buying Elvira unless Batman is done AND Elvira is substantially complete.

#375 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Unless Stern wants to compound the problem, they will let him finish Batman first. I'm not buying Elvira unless Batman is done AND Elvira is substantially complete.

I don't think Stern care that much. They will decide when it is "complete" code wise and move him on to the next project.

#376 6 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

I don't think Stern care that much. They will decide when it is "complete" code wise and move him on to the next project.

I'm pretty sure that Stern doesn't care. But Stern made and unprecedented statement about letting Lyman work on Batman until it was complete. Walking that back doesn't help them. And people are beginning to get tired of buying a box of lights at release. At some point it will impact sales to the point where Stern will pay attention. All I can do as an individual buyer is not to support Stern by not buying incomplete games even if it means not buying a title I'm very excited about.

This issue isn't unique to Elvira, but I hope Elvira will become he turning point where Stern finally decides that feature complete code at release matters.

#377 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I'm pretty sure that Stern doesn't care. But Stern made and unprecedented statement about letting Lyman work on Batman until it was complete. Walking that back doesn't help them.

Seeing as Lyman always works on the code until he feel it is complete (just on his own time), that statement by Stern is meaningless.

#378 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Seeing as Lyman always works on the code until he feel it is complete (just on his own time), that statement by Stern is meaningless.

But buyers can't continue to count on Lyman finishing the code on his own time. It's great that he has done so in the past, but we have got to buy games for what they are, not on what they might become.

#379 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

But buyers can't continue to count on Lyman finishing the code on his own time. It's great that he has done so in the past, but we have got to buy games for what they are, not on what they might become.

Buyers will......until they won't.

1 week later
#380 6 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

4 weeks later
#381 6 years ago

We don't know what the playfield will look like yet, but there's a good chance these would look great in Elvira 3....especially the black and white one!

1 week later
#382 6 years ago

Those are pretty cool. There really is no end to mods these days.

1 week later
#383 6 years ago

So is this game going to release in 2018 or what? If so when, after Iron Maiden maybe?

#384 6 years ago

Hopefully Nordom's hiring at Deeproot doesn't affect anything!

#385 6 years ago

Interesting! As the last I heard not only has nothing has been done on this game (maybe not for a long while) but if there is to be an Elvira it will not debut till 2019.

#386 6 years ago

Honestly if Nordman is not going to see this project through then it just needs to be scrapped. I'm not excited at all about another designer taking over the project even if they follow Nordman's design plans before he went to Deeproot.

#387 6 years ago

This game has been finished for eons, even before the TPF announcement last year.

The fact that it (and whatever royalties would be attached) keeps getting delayed is probably why Nordman went to go babysit JPOP.

#388 6 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

This game has been finished for eons, even before the TPF announcement last year.
The fact that it (and whatever royalties would be attached) keeps getting delayed is probably why Nordman went to go babysit JPOP.

Nice. Have you seen it? I cant wait to get a glimpse of this thing.

#389 6 years ago
Quoted from Slingshot:

Interesting! As the last I heard not only has nothing has been done on this game (maybe not for a long while) but if there is to be an Elvira it will not debut till 2019.

Last i heard = spreading false rumours. In other words you know nothing.
Slated for Aug .. i already have my order in for the LE

#390 6 years ago

Heard one playfield version similar to Bat66. So you get premium, LE and Super LE. Stern needs to get Bat66 finished up before releasing another like this or there will be poor acceptance and pitchforks.

I don't mind waiting on a complete kick ass product.

#391 6 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Nice. Have you seen it? I cant wait to get a glimpse of this thing.

I have not.

SPECULATION: This game will never get released.

#392 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I don't mind waiting on a complete kick ass product.

Check back in 2021...code might be finished by then

#393 6 years ago
Quoted from nipenzo:

Check back in 2021...code might be finished by then

This not a stretch. Batman was released expo 2016. 2018 and at .87 code. If Lyman is coding and the game comes out in 2019...

#394 6 years ago

True, but I would rather wait and see my game grow in code every few months to finish up as one of the best around instead.

#395 6 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

For the first time, Ben, I hope you're wrong....

#396 6 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I have not.

It's hard for me not to have the same feeling.

Elivra 3 was never actually announced by Stern, right?

#397 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's hard for me not to have the same feeling.
Elivra 3 was never actually announced by Stern, right?

Dennis, Greg, and Cassandra announced it at the end of last years TPF talk and even asked someone from stern if it was OK to tell everyone before they did. I forgot who they asked but that seemed pretty much announced to me.

If it's another super LE money grab and it doesn't have Dennis finishing the layout then I'm not really interested. I'll wait like I did on BM66 and see how it shakes out. If it turns out good I can always get a premium a couple of years after the launch. I'm not an Iron Maiden fan at all but it with Keith designing sounds more appealing at the moment.

#398 6 years ago

Didn't Stern actually acknowledge the Elvira 3 announcement on their Facebook at the time? That could easily be looked up.

#399 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Didn't Stern actually acknowledge the Elvira 3 announcement on their Facebook at the time? That could easily be looked up.

Stern announced that Dennis and Greg will be making another game together. They even said it would be a modern game. Then later at TPF 2017 At a panel Dennis / Greg announced that Elvira 3 was coming.

#400 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Dennis, Greg, and Cassandra announced it at the end of last years TPF talk and even asked someone from stern if it was OK to tell everyone before they did. I forgot who they asked but that seemed pretty much announced to me.
If it's another super LE money grab and it doesn't have Dennis finishing the layout then I'm not really interested. I'll wait like I did on BM66 and see how it shakes out. If it turns out good I can always get a premium a couple of years after the launch. I'm not an Iron Maiden fan at all but it with Keith designing sounds more appealing at the moment.

From what’s been posted here, Dennis fished it some time ago.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
10,000 (Firm)
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations
Interactive
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs
Toppers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 79.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-the-official-thread/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.