pasted_image (resized).jpeg
762CCCAE-7C30-48EB-A24B-662264858C0C (resized).jpeg
20191106_150140 (resized).jpg
20191106_143111.jpg
20191106_135932.jpg
20191106_140206.jpg
4DFF5D79-EBCB-4729-B9C9-8F242EE6BD58 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 79.
#3801 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

At Starfighters acrade in Mesa right. They have all 3 Elvira games too.

Yes, amazing lineup they have there.

#3802 4 years ago

The LE I played in the operator's shop that's not even been put on route yet, was already showing dimpling. I'm going with a playfield protector on my Prem from day 1.

#3803 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

The LE I played in the operator's shop that's not even been put on route yet, was already showing dimpling. I'm going with a playfield protector on my Prem from day 1.

Who has, is selling the playfield protectors currently?

#3804 4 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Who has, is selling the playfield protectors currently?

https://www.playfield-protectors.com/

20% off too the next few days. Will start shipping next week.

#3805 4 years ago

AYCE Gogi/On Tilt in Van Nuys also has all three Elvira games currently.

#3806 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I'm going with a playfield protector on my Prem from day 1.

Ditto. I think my game will be here a little before the protector, but I’ll wait. $100 or so is cheap insurance for the playfield on a $8k-$10k game, especially since the wood these days seems quite soft. I’ve had one on Batman 66 since close to Day 1 and have had no issues with it.

#3807 4 years ago

except protectors play like absolute shit. its like buying new furniture and wrapping it in plastic. whats the point

#3808 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

except protectors play like absolute shit. its like buying new furniture and wrapping it in plastic. whats the point

I used to feel the same way, but not about the new thinner ones that the playfield protector guys do. If it bothers me down the road, I’ll take it off. But seeing moon crater dimpling or other playfield damage would bother me a lot more.

#3809 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Thats not even a remotely close analogy. And you've obviously not played the newest generation of protectors. It's more like buying an 100k car and putting ceramic coating on it. Sure the clear coat offers some protection but for an expensive investment, you put an extra layer. Comparing it to grandma's $500 couch is low brow.

#3810 4 years ago

Picked up the decal for lockdown bar mod
I’m sure there’s some cool mods coming ?

Please post them

#3811 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Picked up the decal for lockdown bar mod
I’m sure there’s some cool mods coming ?
Please post them

what mod is this?

#3813 4 years ago

V0.86.0 - Oct. 31, 2019
=======================

- The cellar light for certain haunts was not being displayed properly.
This has been corrected.
- Fixed speech call "shoot for the cellar" during Night of the Living
Dead haunt.
- Added coil power adjustments: TROUGH POWER, AUTOFIRE POWER, SLINGSHOT
POWER, CRYPT VUK POWER, TRUNK LOCK POWER, and CELLAR LOCK POWER.
TROUGH POWER lowered from 255 to 220.
- Added Grampa Bone Head deadhead character to "CRYPT" modes.
- Added lamp effects.
- Added additional video clips for the "MANOS: THE HANDS OF FATE" haunt.
- Updated interlock switch handling so the game will display the "48V
DISABLED" message on the display when the coin door is opened.
- The drop target is no longer raised during ball search.
- Added sound effects for "SHOOT AGAIN".
- Balanced sounds and music.
- Added sounds for "THE DEAD RETURN".
- Added sounds for "THE MANSTER" intro.
- Added sounds for "THE BRAIN THAT WOULDN'T DIE" intro.
- The ticket dispenser test was not showing up in the test menu when a
ticket dispenser was installed. This has been corrected.
- Updated Unhappy Hour art.
- Fixed the "TILT WARNING" animation to remove the text artifacts at the
end of the effect.

#3814 4 years ago

Awesome the new code adds attract light show and control power settings that were missing looks like they’re getting on this machine fast. I’m downloading now can’t wait to finally see the attract lights

#3815 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

https://www.playfield-protectors.com/
20% off too the next few days. Will start shipping next week.

Thanks! I certainly appreciate it...

#3816 4 years ago

Interesting... Looks like they noticed the ball trough coil was too strong. Wish they would have noticed it sooner.
Ohhh well... At least its there now. And I'm off to update and see if i can notice any changes!!!!!!!

#3817 4 years ago

They had to drop a code on Halloween. I would think that is mandatory.

#3818 4 years ago

So there still is no attract light show. WTF?

#3819 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Awesome the new code adds attract light show and control power settings that were missing looks like they’re getting on this machine fast. I’m downloading now can’t wait to finally see the attract lights

There still isn't an attract light show.

#3820 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Are you selling all your games again?

#3821 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Are you selling all your games again?

?

#3822 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

There still isn't an attract light show.

Yeah I know the code read me said new lamp effects I assumed that was the light show but nope!

#3823 4 years ago

Just played about an hour or so of the new code. And while all the changes are a bit minor, I feel they really do make a good bit of difference.
Add the sound before the mode videos give them just a little bit more energy. And I do like the ball lock sfx that they added.
And I don't know when the change was made, but the spinner has a new sound to it, and I really like that change.
Its more old school haunted house sounding. A bit like wind rustling an old house.

I also noticed some Manos hand of fate is much more enjoyable to play through. I actually completed it. But, it was during a mb... So I didn't get to enjoy too much of the videos.

I also got the new dead head. And he might be the best one to date. I really don't get why they did Aunt Surly first. Something more macabre in line with this newest one, should have been done first. And I think he might react a bit to switches being hit. Because he made a pop noise with his mouth when I hit a random switch one time... But, that could have just been coincidence and I hit it as he was going to do the pop noise... Still... New dead head has a neat look, and some good callouts.

The biggest downer for me is though. Attic attack Mb still has no sound. The video is there. Just no sound.

Great update. Made for a great halloween. Was snowing so no one trick or treated, so I was able to play some pinball. All in all. Nice night spent with Elvira!

#3824 4 years ago

Here's my latest video with the new code. These are my first plays after updating. I think I caught all the additions. Not playing for score, just for discovery.

#3825 4 years ago

Will be there soon!

#3826 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Here's my latest video with the new code. These are my first plays after updating. I think I caught all the additions. Not playing for score, just for discovery.

Thanks a lot for your videos of Elvira's House of Horrors. Delivery in France is still far away from now. Your videos permit us to see the enhancements of the code, versions after versions. Please keep it up.

#3827 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Thanks a lot for your videos of Elvira's House of Horrors. Delivery in France is still far away from now. Your videos permit us to see the enhancements of the code, versions after versions. Please keep it up.

Thanks for saying that. I really appreciate it!

#3828 4 years ago

SDTM HALLOWEEN SPECIAL

Greg and Zach costume up to review Elvira House Of Horrors Pinball Machine by Stern Pinball

Disclaimer: SDTM does not rate flapper gap and actually put effort into their show. The boys are in bed with Gary Stern and in the pocket of Big Pinballceuticals.

#3829 4 years ago

here are 2 mods for Elvira for the shooter and plunger
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinkselvira&sort=newest

Macabre Mobile Set (resized).pngMacabre Mobile Set (resized).png
#3830 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Exactly my thoughts ...

#3831 4 years ago

I was watching Army of Darkness on TV tonight , saw these gargoyles and the first thing I thought of was Elvira , I suppose that what happens when you have pinball on the brain .

IMG20191103004612 (resized).jpgIMG20191103004612 (resized).jpgIMG_20191103_005037 (resized).jpgIMG_20191103_005037 (resized).jpg
#3832 4 years ago

Cheech and Chi Chis!

FB_IMG_1572734376095 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1572734376095 (resized).jpg
#3833 4 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

I will check the pitch and see if that makes a difference.
Foam won't help, it usually clears the bottom of the ramp.

So right after I claimed I’d never had an issue with the ball bouncing out of the left ramp, it started happening. It’s all related to the trunk area. I found multiple screws loose on the side of the trunk and each ramp sides. After tightening them up, it was much better but not perfect. I ordered the ramp cover, but had three balls get stuck on top of it within two games. Ramp cover removed. Raised the playfield to the service position to access the inside of the trunk and found the screw for the trunk lid loose allowing the lid to move around, causing the airballs. Now that everything is tightened up, it’s smoother than ever.

4DFF5D79-EBCB-4729-B9C9-8F242EE6BD58 (resized).jpeg4DFF5D79-EBCB-4729-B9C9-8F242EE6BD58 (resized).jpeg
#3834 4 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

So right after I claimed I’d never had an issue with the ball bouncing out of the left ramp, it started happening. It’s all related to the trunk area. I found multiple screws loose on the side of the trunk and each ramp sides. After tightening them up, it was much better but not perfect. I ordered the ramp cover, but had three balls get stuck on top of it within two games. Ramp cover removed. Raised the playfield to the service position to access the inside of the trunk and found the screw for the trunk lid loose allowing the lid to move around, causing the airballs. Now that everything is tightened up, it’s smoother than ever.[quoted image]

I had the same issue. I may use crazy glue on these screws.

#3835 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I had the same issue. I may use crazy glue on these screws.

I would use blue Loctite to start and move to the red if blue doesn't hold

#3836 4 years ago

got my Signature Edition #25/50 yesterday. extremely impressed so far. not one issue. it's hard to tell in the pics, but the foil is jaw dropping incredible. the code is young, but like others have said, the framework that's there is solid and I expect nothing but greatness from what's to come.

code update, proper alignment, and power adjustments were a must.

the shots on this game are like a dream. and stacking all the modes and multiballs on top of eachother while staring at boobies is exactly what it sounds like.
20191106_143111.jpg20191106_143111.jpg20191106_135932.jpg20191106_135932.jpg20191106_140206.jpg20191106_140206.jpg

20191106_150140 (resized).jpg20191106_150140 (resized).jpg
#3837 4 years ago

The following sales page seems to indicate that there is an official topper and shooter coming. Any one have any details?

https://pinballandmore.com/elviras-house-of-horrors-premium-pinball-machine/

Optional Upgrades:

–Elvira’s House of Horrors Backbox Topper – TBD
Official Elvira Pinball topper features a fully interactive RGB LED lighting that will elevate any Elvira Pinball playing experience to the next level. Easy install. Fits all Elvira’s House of Horrors game models.

–Elvira’s Custom Shooter Rod – TBD
Officially Licensed Elvira Shooter Knob and Rod. Fits all Elvira’s House of Horrors models.

#3838 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

The following sales page seems to indicate that there is an official topper and shooter coming. Any one have any details?
https://pinballandmore.com/elviras-house-of-horrors-premium-pinball-machine/
Optional Upgrades:
–Elvira’s House of Horrors Backbox Topper – TBD
Official Elvira Pinball topper features a fully interactive RGB LED lighting that will elevate any Elvira Pinball playing experience to the next level. Easy install. Fits all Elvira’s House of Horrors game models.
–Elvira’s Custom Shooter Rod – TBD
Officially Licensed Elvira Shooter Knob and Rod. Fits all Elvira’s House of Horrors models.

If they do offer one, I'm in. I just doubt it will be as cool as BKSOR's topper, though.

#3839 4 years ago

Interesting that it is NOT the card they showed in Sterns website. I wonder if they are putting in random cards that are signed or is everyone getting the same card?
Magicchiz

#3840 4 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

So right after I claimed I’d never had an issue with the ball bouncing out of the left ramp,

thanks for posting, gonna make sure to loctite those, pretty sure I would of missed them.
without looking through the thread does anyone know what other NIB issues this game has?

#3841 4 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Interesting that it is NOT the card they showed in Sterns website. I wonder if they are putting in random cards that are signed or is everyone getting the same card?

If I had a card, that’s the one I’d want for sure.

I’d like to get one of those card frames with the film decal. I have a nice pic with Cassandra from Expo that I’d put there.

#3842 4 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

thanks for posting, gonna make sure to loctite those, pretty sure I would of missed them.
without looking through the thread does anyone know what other NIB issues this game has?

Depending on your build date, you may have the defective gate underneath the left ramp. It works fine if you hit a fast shot through there but if you hit a slow shot the ball gets stuck behind the gate and the ball find feature doesn’t find it. You have to cancel the game. They have a replacement gate. I’m waiting for mine it’s on back order.

#3843 4 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

does anyone know what other NIB issues this game has?

Here is the list I have so far other than the standard check for loose/missing parts/screws that you should do for every NIB game:

Check on HOH:

Update to latest code. Inspect playfield/clear.

Left ramp diverted gate may not work properly. Adjustment? Part defect?

House ramp hitting right gargoyle. May be caused by misaligned ramp and/or missing white spacer on right side pivot shaft between the ramp and side wall

Turn trough power down to minimize shooter lane damage (150 to 210). Adjust VUK power.

Check gargoyle switch gaps

Verify truck assembly screws are fully tightened (trunk and ramp sides). Consider aftermarket plastic cover if balls still fly off left ramp.

#3844 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Depending on your build date

Quoted from jfh:

Here is the list I have so far other than the standard check for loose/missing parts/screws that you should do for every NIB game:
Check on HOH:

Awesome appreciate it, my build date is oct-10. was about to get ready to do some checks and put it on location.
Sucks about the gate.
One of my control gates on GOT was doing something similar, I bent it, moved it 100's of ways.... but it always found a way to trap a ball. finally tore it down and tried another gate, found one opened slightly higher then the other. caused me grief for almost 2 years.

#3845 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Depending on your build date, you may have the defective gate underneath the left ramp.

Do you know when this was corrected in production?

#3846 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I think it is the same gate minus the spring. If you have the one with the spring just bend it upwards and you're fine.

#3847 4 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Magicchiz

Each game has a unique card. Like this one with a custom Stewart surfboard Bill Stewart personally made for surfer magazine for a calendar. I know Bill personally so this is super random and cool for me to happened to get this one. Bill wishes he had the board back he told me after I texted him a pic lol

762CCCAE-7C30-48EB-A24B-662264858C0C (resized).jpeg762CCCAE-7C30-48EB-A24B-662264858C0C (resized).jpeg
#3848 4 years ago

It would’ve been too over the top if the certificate with the swatch was framed. https://images.pinside.com/a/7c/a7cf645d84c8802843ea161e9cefbf231b896238/resized/large/a7cf645d84c8802843ea161e9cefbf231b896238.jpg
Thankfully stern put this in a ziplock so we can go get it framed ourselves. It has a picture of a frame though, a nice touch.
pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg

My apologies, I’m not trying to pick on the buyer. It’s just the SE owners deserve better than the same grade of ziplock that we LE owners got. It’s a detail that should’ve been attended.

#3849 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Not directly no. I only found out when I called Chas for help with the constant stuck balls.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
8,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 188.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation
Shooter rods
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods
Sound/Speakers
There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 79.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-the-official-thread/page/77?hl=moonduckie78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.