pasted_image (resized).jpeg
762CCCAE-7C30-48EB-A24B-662264858C0C (resized).jpeg
20191106_150140 (resized).jpg
20191106_143111.jpg
20191106_135932.jpg
20191106_140206.jpg
4DFF5D79-EBCB-4729-B9C9-8F242EE6BD58 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 79.
#3750 4 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Very nice. She really is holding up quite well. Did she have anything interesting to say?

Not really. She was real busy. We just caught up with a few things, took a photo and then I let her get back to the line....

#3751 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

whysnow My old eyes can’t read the text at the bottom of the pic. Can you post the text? Thanks.

Fixed it for you (and me!)

EHOH opto (resized).jpgEHOH opto (resized).jpg

#3752 4 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

What is the right pitch for this game?

The manual says 6.5 but I like 7 or 7.5 better.

#3753 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

This game is on route. So unfortunately I have been to the location pretty much daily to deal with these issues. Casual players dont know to power cycle the game to restart (nor should they need to...

Power cycling wouldn't clear a ball stuck behind the drop target would it?

#3754 4 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Power cycling wouldn't clear a ball stuck behind the drop target would it?

no

However, it should help the game go through 4 "balls missing" searces upon trying to start a new game. At that point the game should determine the ball to be lost and adjsut to start a game with the assumption of 5 balls in the trough.

Unfortunately, when it does this then the stuck ball will get freed, resulting in 2 ball play. Then 1 ball drains and the flippers die thinking the player lost their ball. Then the now freed ball drains and the game realizes it is back on 6 ball play.

Essentially from the paying customers perspective, they get 1 game stolen form them with a stuck ball that the game cant recover.
Then they reboot and start a new game, only to have a ball stolen from them once the flipper go dead as it sees the first ball hit the trough (assuming they had freed the stuck ball)

#3755 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Ok....so we met and got to chat.... (what a cute couple)! [quoted image]

I'm bummed I was out of town for Expo (well, not too much as Japan was amazing..), as Elvira is one of my all time favorites. Surly she has seen some of your movies I hope.. ?

#3756 4 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

I'm bummed I was out of town for Expo (well, not too much as Japan was amazing..), as Elvira is one of my all time favorites. Surly she has seen some of your movies I hope.. ?

At least the reason you missed out is because you were doing something interesting. I missed her appearance because of work. And God only knows when she'll be back East again.

#3757 4 years ago

Posting this in a few topics, feel free to share.

I was concerned about Cliffy, due to his relative proximity to the current California fires and power outages, and he replied as such.

"I’m sorry but nothing going out right now as power has been cut, no internet, no way to print shipping labels. We are smothered in smoke and surrounded by fires and non-stop 50mph winds. Please let everyone know cliffys is down right now and could be a few more days without power
Sincerest apologies."

Thank you!

#3758 4 years ago

Added a set of boney flipper bats.

05312752-FB8C-4035-B917-16DEA0FFFF2F (resized).jpeg05312752-FB8C-4035-B917-16DEA0FFFF2F (resized).jpeg
#3759 4 years ago

Memel Mods may skip HOH. Any other moders looking at options for the game?

#3760 4 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Added a set of boney flipper bats.[quoted image]

I like how the cob webs look on the lock bar may I ask where you got it from?
Very nice mine should come in this week

#3761 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

I like how the cob webs look on the lock bar may I ask where you got it from?
Very nice mine should come in this week

https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/copy-of-elvira-and-the-party-monste

#3762 4 years ago

#75 made it here today, on my birthday yet too.
Had the day off to play it a lot as well.

No issues out of the box, but shoots right off the bottom of the left ramp a lot.
Usually right down the drain.
Shit design on that ramp for sure.
Nothing I can do to make it better either.

I have had the same ball hang ups as well.
Couple of others as too.

IMG_5085 (resized).JPGIMG_5085 (resized).JPGIMG_5086 (resized).JPGIMG_5086 (resized).JPG
#3763 4 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

No issues out of the box, but shoots right off the bottom of the left ramp a lot.
Couple of others as too.[quoted image][quoted image]

Your ramp problem is an easy fix. Buy this from RGP Models in the Pinside market or make one yourself. It works great and is the perfect fit.
8c8ba11073dbcfd8fc92f82ef0fa2369e9d23add[1] (resized).jpg8c8ba11073dbcfd8fc92f82ef0fa2369e9d23add[1] (resized).jpg

#3764 4 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Your ramp problem is an easy fix. Buy this from RGP Models in the Pinside market or make one yourself. It works great and is the perfect fit.
[quoted image]

Thanks for sharing this. I was going to ask if players or owners are seeing air balls. Curious about dimpling and which areas are prone to it right side VUK across PF, I suppose?

I see that playfield protectors won't be shipping their PF protector until Nov 8th.

#3765 4 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Couple of others as too.[quoted image][quoted image]

I’ve had mine for two weeks and haven’t had a ball hang up or bounce out of the ramp. I’d probably try a piece of dead foam for bounce outs and check the pitch if experiencing hang ups.

#3766 4 years ago

This was a small issue I had out of box.

This is the crypt motor. If not properly adjusted, the ‘open cycle’ will continue to cycle through all the 3 stages until it stops somewhere. The screw doesn’t have much bite, so the motor tends to slip downward. Readjust upward. Go into settings/diagnostics/??motor?? Anyways crypt motor is listed in there somewhere. Test, and adjust. Pencil mark.
98358145-242F-4EC4-9E10-5F7894268689 (resized).jpeg98358145-242F-4EC4-9E10-5F7894268689 (resized).jpeg

#3767 4 years ago

good tip and thanks!

#3768 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Memel Mods may skip HOH. Any other moders looking at options for the game?

Yes, waiting on premium to arrive. Have some in the works, not ready to show them yet.

#3769 4 years ago

I’ve had mine for two weeks and haven’t had a ball hang up or bounce out of the ramp. I’d probably try a piece of dead foam for bounce outs and check the pitch if experiencing hang ups.

I will check the pitch and see if that makes a difference.
Foam won't help, it usually clears the bottom of the ramp.

#3770 4 years ago

Love this game. Only issue I am having luckily is Gargoyles on the right ramp keep hitting the glass pretty (Pretty Hard). Anyone have this issue. Looks like you cannot adjust the height under the playfield.

Thanks.

Im sure there is a post about this somewhere in these 76 pages.

#3771 4 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Love this game. Only issue I am having luckily is Gargoyles on the right ramp keep hitting the glass pretty (Pretty Hard). Anyone have this issue. Looks like you cannot adjust the height under the playfield.
Thanks.

It’s actually designed that way, it’s how it works in scared stiff.

#3772 4 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Thanks.

They do hit the glass by design. If you don’t like it you can add a ring of dense foam on the bottom of the shaft (underside of the playfield). I think it is officially called shadow foam.

#3773 4 years ago

Thanks. Shows you how much I played Scared Stiff.

#3774 4 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Love this game. Only issue I am having luckily is Gargoyles on the right ramp keep hitting the glass pretty [hard].

As designed. If I understood him correctly, a Stern tech at Expo told me they could be adjusted. Some are worried that may damage the glare prevention coating on the LE glass but that coating is on the top side of the glass, not the bottom.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3775 4 years ago

Ok, no wonder the ball was coming off my ramp.
I had the pitch at 7.1 didn't seem like it was steep at all.

It's now at 6.5 still comes off the ramp now and then.
No where near as much though.

Still needs the ramp protector on it.

#3776 4 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Ok, no wonder the ball was coming off my ramp.
I had the pitch at 7.1 didn't seem like it was steep at all.
It's now at 6.5 still comes off the ramp now and then.
No where near as much though.
Still needs the ramp protector on it.

Buy the ramp air ball shield in the pinside shop. I helped design it and it works amazing and looks stock

#3777 4 years ago

So, its been about 7 days since the last code update. I do hope another one isn't to far away. But, I'll gladly wait a bit if it includes more content added... Until such time I was wondering if you guys wanted to share strats on the game.

I'm no expert, but I do have a few that I've been working on.
My main thing is. Since I've been unable to hit the skill shot at all. I've completely given up on it.
So I short plunge.
This actually works out great. If you do it right and get control, it allows you to hit the ball lock drop, and if it goes sdtm you still haven't triggered enough switches and you get the ball back. So it won't use your ball save timer and if you already used it up, you'll still get the ball back.

I also use the short plunge to get control of the ball and then get a nice shot on the house. This way I can plow through the modes quicker. As that is where the points are in the game.

Another thing I try to do is to start shaking the machine lightly before the ball shoots out of the vuk. This I feel helps me eliminate as many drains from it... Helps, but I still lose it a few times. I do hope we get a ball save on that. Not a long one. 3 seconds would be fine.

As I said before, currently you can time out modes. So if your next mode is house party or the 8th window for the last haunt wizard mode, then sometimes it might be wise to time out of a mode. Even though big points do come through not just completing the modes, but for progressing through them. The last few modes are the ones that are worth the most... Still... MB is mb and if you get the 2x or 4x going then you can really rack up the points. And its easier I feel to get those in mb.

I also noticed that some modes have certain shots that keep adding to the value, but won't count towards completion of the mode. And that some of these appear to be a bit hidden. I hope they change their colors or maybe make them flashing and others solid. I don't know... But, I do know sometimes I think I'm getting close to the end of a mode, but then it never does end.
I mean that guy just takes forever to get the luggage. That I think is my least favorite mode. He just hobbles and hobbles and hobbles. I'm not sure if I've completed it.

I know I've completed the Brain that wouldn't die, Night of the Living Dead, Teenagers from Outer Space, Werewolf of Washington, and I think I did the manster... Not sure about that one. But, I think I did... But, I don't think I've completed Manos at all...
Is there a trick to that one(besides hitting all the shots)?

#3778 4 years ago

Did another video tonight. Nothing special. Once again, my last game was the best. Started Gappy Angry, but didn't get to the multiball stage. I can't wait to see what the next code update will involve.

#3779 4 years ago

Added a set of boney flipper bats.[quoted image]

Nicely done!

#3780 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Buy the ramp air ball shield in the pinside shop. I helped design it and it works amazing and looks stock

Just purchased Ramp Air Ball Shield thanks for the heads up mine arrives in December can't wait .

#3781 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

As designed. If I understood him correctly, a Stern tech at Expo told me they could be adjusted. Some are worried that may damage the glare prevention coating on the LE glass but that coating is on the top side of the glass, not the bottom.

Hmmm...if you take the glass out for cleaning, how do you know which is the top and bottom?

#3782 4 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Hmmm...if you take the glass out for cleaning, how do you know which is the top and bottom?

The made in the usa sticker should be on top. Or in the upper left corner. I wouldn't take that sticker off, as really no need to. But, I guess you could. But, I've left mine on.

#3783 4 years ago

Played for the first time on a LE on location in AZ this weekend. Pretty fun, and had decently long ball times. Ball trough seemed like it had already taken a beating and was chipping away considering how long it has been out. It's better looking in person for sure.

IMG_0347 (resized).JPGIMG_0347 (resized).JPG
#3784 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCoinSlotTC:

Played for the first time on a LE on location in AZ this weekend. Pretty fun, and had decently long ball times. Ball trough seemed like it had already taken a beating and was chipping away considering how long it has been out. It's better looking in person for sure.[quoted image]

I personally lower the coil setting on the through to lowest possible to barely lunch ball on to the shooter lane and I put Mylar on the shooter lane as well works really good but your best bet is cliff y’all the way.

#3785 4 years ago

Played for the first time on a LE on location in AZ this weekend. Pretty fun, and had decently long ball times. Ball trough seemed like it had already taken a beating and was chipping away considering how long it has been out. It's better looking in person for sure.[quoted image]

Thanks very much for posting, gives us a good view of the shooter lane.

For what it is worth we fit Cliffy's to our shooter lanes before we plunge a ball. The chipping is disappointing and I think unfortunately here to stay.

#3786 4 years ago

Okay...
Seems like I have a similar issue with my LE. I got playfield wear already in my shooter lane right around the same spot... I will post pics later. My playfield is dimpled to hell, but no other damage...

Now, I have played the heck out of Elvira. Probably around 30-50 hours already. But, still my Iron Maiden has less dimpling and no wear on the shooter lane.
I know wear and tear and dimples will happen. Modern games and modern speed.

But, anything I can do to protect my shooter lane from getting worse. No doubt its caused by the ball kick out. Its not a big deal I know. But, again I just want to stay on top of it.

Thanks in advance.

#3787 4 years ago

This example looks like it is a result of an alignment problem. The ball should get kicked out into the shooter lane hard enough to hit the metal plate on the opposite side and then settle down in the shooter lane. In this photo it looks like the ball is kicking out and hitting the edge of the shooter lane first (the wood). Not good. Does anyone make a shooter lane protector for this yet? I'm not a fan of Mylar in this area because it doesn't shape well to the tapered shooter lane.

#3788 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Okay...
Seems like I have a similar issue with my LE. I got playfield wear already in my shooter lane right around the same spot... I will post pics later. My playfield is dimpled to hell, but no other damage...
Now, I have played the heck out of Elvira. Probably around 30-50 hours already. But, still my Iron Maiden has less dimpling and no wear on the shooter lane.
I know wear and tear and dimples will happen. Modern games and modern speed.
But, anything I can do to protect my shooter lane from getting worse. No doubt its caused by the ball kick out. Its not a big deal I know. But, again I just want to stay on top of it.
Thanks in advance.

Is there a setting to reduce the power of the shooter lane kick out? If there is, turn it right down and it should stop the damage to the shooter lane. We do not have our game so I cannot check for you.

Cliffy's will cover up most of the damage if the shooter lane if already chipped out.

#3789 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Is there a setting to reduce the power of the shooter lane kick out? If there is, turn it right down and it should stop the damage to the shooter lane. We do not have our game so I cannot check for you.
Cliffy's will cover up most of the damage if the shooter lane if already chipped out.

I'll check the settings.

Another member messaged me about a cliffy protector. But, that doesn't cover the area in question where mine is starting to wear. Again... Not a big deal I know... Because, as worn shooter lane really won't impact much. And also this game's skillshot is already basically unmake-able so I short plunge.
But, I know we all like our pins to look the best. And I only want the best for Elvira.

#3790 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I'll check the settings.
Another member messaged me about a cliffy protector. But, that doesn't cover the area in question where mine is starting to wear. Again... Not a big deal I know... Because, as worn shooter lane really won't impact much. And also this game's skillshot is already basically unmake-able so I short plunge.
But, I know we all like our pins to look the best. And I only want the best for Elvira.

The Cliffy s should look like the photo when installed and hide any damage.

15724842854418719057706585249869 (resized).jpg15724842854418719057706585249869 (resized).jpg
#3791 4 years ago

https://mezelmods.com/products/pinball-shooter-lane-protector?variant=19380931985505

Thinking about getting one of these... Provided it fits my machine. What do you guys think?

And I'll take a picture of it tomorrow and post before I order anything.

#3792 4 years ago

Mylar is all u need.. cheap and easy.

#3793 4 years ago

How do you adjust flipper strength again? I can't find it in the menus. It is driving me crazy.

#3794 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

https://mezelmods.com/products/pinball-shooter-lane-protector?variant=19380931985505
Thinking about getting one of these... Provided it fits my machine. What do you guys think?
And I'll take a picture of it tomorrow and post before I order anything.

We have used them before. Easy to fit and do a nice job.

Good Luck!

#3795 4 years ago

I just put a square of Mylar on. I guess that will have to do until something better comes along. No damage to mine and I have a few hundred games on it.

20191030_192527 (resized).jpg20191030_192527 (resized).jpg
#3796 4 years ago

I was hoping to be a bit further along with these but it is Halloween tonight here in Aus and thought it was an appropriate time to show these as a progress snapshot. Both cars are customised with body modification (to the thunderbird) paint, (though the Monster Rod still needs a tidy up and clear coat) as well as a custom Hotwheels Card and protective packaging if you want to have a keepsake.

IMG_1983 (resized).jpgIMG_1983 (resized).jpgIMG_1988 (resized).jpgIMG_1988 (resized).jpgIMG_1984 (resized).JPGIMG_1984 (resized).JPGIMG_1987 (resized).JPGIMG_1987 (resized).JPG

Turns out these are more effort and pain than anticipated so when released will be limited to 15 units only (I will keep one of each) so leaving 4 x monster rods and 9 x elvira macabre mobiles (some with grey interiors and black and chrome mags and others in black interiors and white wall wheels and slight green tint windows).

The mount base can be found here:

https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinkselvira&sort=newest

in which the base plate is mounted to the side rail between the rail guard and the spirit bubble and you have a car in the car as a nice touch.
710x528_24101659_13127113_1569192335 (resized).jpg710x528_24101659_13127113_1569192335 (resized).jpg

Happy Halloween ....

#3797 4 years ago

Where do you buy Mylar ?

#3798 4 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I just put a square of Mylar on. I guess that will have to do until something better comes along. No damage to mine and I have a few hundred games on it.[quoted image]

I usually put a double strip similar to what you did on the picture and lower the coil strength to it’s lowest possible in the setting to minimize the dents and you should be good I’ve done that to at least 3 of my pins and have no shooter chipping or denting.

#3799 4 years ago

At Starfighters acrade in Mesa right. They have all 3 Elvira games too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

9,000 (Firm)
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,855 (OBO)
Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 188.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

10,000 (Firm)
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 79.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-the-official-thread/page/76?hl=pbman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.