pasted_image (resized).jpeg
762CCCAE-7C30-48EB-A24B-662264858C0C (resized).jpeg
20191106_150140 (resized).jpg
20191106_143111.jpg
20191106_135932.jpg
20191106_140206.jpg
4DFF5D79-EBCB-4729-B9C9-8F242EE6BD58 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 79.
#3600 4 years ago

Has anyone seen an official flyer yet for it? I imagine a pretty cool one.

#3601 4 years ago

Has anyone seen a Stern Flyer for the game yet? It should look really cool.

#3602 4 years ago

The flyers do exist

977C5340-28BD-460B-983E-3F0FC86F2195 (resized).jpeg977C5340-28BD-460B-983E-3F0FC86F2195 (resized).jpegD038B13E-056C-4F88-B550-0938E262224F (resized).jpegD038B13E-056C-4F88-B550-0938E262224F (resized).jpeg
#3603 4 years ago

The more I look at it the more i want one. The artwork on the playfied has incredible detail.

#3604 4 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

The artwork on the playfied has incredible detail.

Exactly what I'm thinking. The more I study the details, the more it pulls me in with the spooky/campy Halloween vibe!

#3605 4 years ago
Quoted from KrustyBurger:

Exactly what I'm thinking. The more I study the details, the more it pulls me in with the spooky/campy Halloween vibe!

Yep, totally agree. I definitely spoke too soon about the artwork. Should have known better than to doubt the quality of this package considering its Greg Freres. I dont love the backglass but the overall package is very nice, especially the LE cabinet. And the gameplay videos show some serious potential once the code is done.

#3606 4 years ago

My LE is scheduled to be here between 10-2 tomorrow!

#3607 4 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Yep, totally agree. I definitely spoke too soon about the artwork. Should have known better than to doubt the quality of this package considering its Greg Freres. I dont love the backglass but the overall package is very nice, especially the LE cabinet. And the gameplay videos show some serious potential once the code is done.

I feel the same way about the current backglass. I think its too busy. So Im making this alternate backglass for mine.

IMG_2888 (resized).PNGIMG_2888 (resized).PNG
#3608 4 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

I feel the same way about the current backglass. I think its too busy. So Im making this alternate backglass for mine.[quoted image]

I like it...now add a bit more game-related detail to it plus some "mirroring" and it would be perfect.

#3609 4 years ago

I feel the same way about the current backglass. I think its too busy. So Im making this alternate backglass for mine.[quoted image]

OMG you guys are NUTS!!!!! The backglass image is amazing!!!! So much great art!!! So many great B movie characters represented!!! I LOVE IT!

#3610 4 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

OMG you guys are NUTS!!!!! The backglass image is amazing!!!! So much great art!!! So many great B movie characters represented!!! I LOVE IT!

I actually think the backglass is amazing... Could it be sexier... Sure... But, man its so damn cool. So much going on. But, in the good way. Lots of energy and it tells the story of the pin. Just like party monsters its a great representation of the game. So I think it tells the story or informs the player of what to expect, and it looks amazing.

I think its an instant classic backglass. I'd put it in the top backglasses ever category.

#3611 4 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I’m hoping to pick up a premium in about 6 months. Does anyone know if these rails will also work on EHOH ?[quoted image]

I asked this question last week and got some up votes but no one answered my question.
Anyone know or have an opinion ?

5B4C7B26-6314-4E17-A6E4-CA7551C27D7E (resized).jpeg5B4C7B26-6314-4E17-A6E4-CA7551C27D7E (resized).jpeg
#3612 4 years ago

My friends LE was delivered last week going to play it tonight... in the process of getting the code for him now... Looks like I picked a good night to join in.

#3613 4 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I asked this question last week and got some up votes but no one answered my question.
Anyone know or have an opinion ?[quoted image]

I would think that given the cabinets are pretty much standard between the 2 titles, if you wanted to add those to a premium you shouldn't have any problems...also, they would fit the theme.

#3614 4 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

The backglass image is amazing!!!! So much great art!!!

Quoted from Diospinball:

I actually think the backglass is amazing... Could it be sexier... Sure... But, man its so damn cool.

The more I look at it and now finally seeing it in person, it's really growing on me.

#3615 4 years ago

New video is up. Great game starts at 58:00.

#3616 4 years ago

alternate backglass

So this isn't the first time I've noticed this visual confusion/amnesia on Pinside...

Note to all "artists" on Pinside, some free facts about human anatomy:

1. Necks are the not the widths of wrists -- a good equivalent for the neck is the width of the thigh at the knee (try it).
2. Breasts are not the size of skulls. Imagine having 2 floating heads on the front of your chest. Yeah...

thanks!

#3617 4 years ago
Quoted from mof:

2. Breasts are not the size of skulls.

Some women are more endowed than others my friend.

#3618 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Some women are more endowed than others my friend.

Right, this is Elvira’s pin!

#3619 4 years ago
Quoted from mof:

So this isn't the first time I've noticed this visual confusion/amnesia on Pinside...
1. Necks are the not the widths of wrists -- a good equivalent for the neck is the width of the thigh at the knee (try it).
2. Breasts are not the size of skulls. Imagine having 2 floating heads on the front of your chest. Yeah...
thanks!

I am imagining #2!!!!

#3620 4 years ago

So, I am noticing, with .84 istalled, at the end of a game the music doesn't stop....just keeps repeating.

#3621 4 years ago
Quoted from mof:

thanks!
-Mof

Art is art. May I direct your attention to the wacked out proportions of Spiderman vault art...

Lara Croft is completely crazy proportions in the early video games, too. Art doesn't have to be reality, it can be fantasy, too.

#3622 4 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

So, I am noticing, with .84 istalled, at the end of a game the music doesn't stop....just keeps repeating.

Yeah. It's been going non-stop. LOL

#3623 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Yeah. It's been going non-stop. LOL

Well...progress is progress. Seems like something Dennis Hopper said in Waterworld.

#3624 4 years ago

Anyone have an LE for sale. There is one in the market that I found but it ship UPS freight I believe, NO CAN DO for CANADA. The UPS brokerage fees will be crazy!!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3625 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Anyone have an LE for sale. There is one in the market that I found but it ship UPS freight I believe, NO CAN DO for CANADA. The UPS brokerage fees will be crazy!!

8 hour drive to Poughkeepsie for a $9200 NIB LE.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/86398

#3626 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Why don't you just have it shipped to the Fastenal depot in Flint Michigan and drive 2 hours to pick it up? You can ship a pin from Fastenal to Fastenal for about $250-$300. Has to be cheaper than UPS freight.

#3627 4 years ago

If I don’t get a trade for my Tron that I have listed I may not open my Elvira LE next week and list it as trade bait.

#3628 4 years ago

If you haven't gotten one yet do yourself a favor and save your cash! I got to spend some time on elvira yesterday. Wow, feel bad for anyone who spent the money on this snooze fest. One munsters was enough and now this, ugh!

#3629 4 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

If you haven't gotten one yet do yourself a favor and save your cash! I got to spend some time on elvira yesterday. Wow, feel bad for anyone who spent the money on this snooze fest. One munsters was enough and now this, ugh!

To each their own...I am loving mine and looking forward to future updates. This Machine is great and will evolve into AWSOME!

#3630 4 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

YUP.... oops missed that one they did.

#3631 4 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

Dont feel bad for me. I really like my Elvira pin and it's only going to get better with Mr. Lyman on code.

#3632 4 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

I haven't played Elvira yet . But from what I have seen , I love the music , the call outs are good , the animations are great , with only a fraction of the code implemented , it's like deja vu with Batman , but this pin has a lot more going on , shot wise . People say Wonker is a great shooter but I don't think it has charisma , character or humour . In my opinion MM and AFM are rated so high because they are fun and humorous not because of their shot layout , I will take a fun pin over a technically good shooter any day of the week for a long term pin in my collection .

#3633 4 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

A lot of people are having issues with their game. This game sounds like a huge pain in the butt out of the box. I’m waiting on a premium but I don’t want to buy a headache. Do you think I should switch to a new game or is it really worth it.

don't get why you think you got to buy something as soon as it is released. wait and see the pros and cons, it'll still be there.

#3634 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

don't get why you think you got to buy something as soon as it is released. wait and see the pros and cons, it'll still be there.

That all depends on what continent you live on

#3635 4 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Dont feel bad for me. I really like my Elvira pin and it's only going to get better with Mr. Lyman on code.

Did you even get to play it.... I was a bad bad friend yesterday.... And I don't regret it for a second.

#3636 4 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

Did you even get to play it.... I was a bad bad friend yesterday.... And I don't regret it for a second.

Quoted from coz6:

LOL Yes I did. But I dont think Elvira was in a good mood last night because I didn't score so well.

#3637 4 years ago

At sunshine. Elvira is going to be amazing.

Yall ever feel like Rudy here?

20191018_231418.jpg20191018_231418.jpg
#3638 4 years ago

(Posted in Owners club)

Played last night at the expo. Stunning in person, light show on the house with the modes is awesome. It’s a easy shooter compared to other games like Jurassic Park. Nonetheless, very rewarding from the distance to all of the shots to the back of the playfield, it just works. I found the game to be a blast to play. I want to get one. I have no doubt the code will be on par with Lyman.

My only criticism, I did not like was the floating dead heads. I love the intro announcement to them and how they are. I just feel they should be to the side in the picture frame, taunting you with their animation and call outs.

#3639 4 years ago
Quoted from fuseholder:

(Posted in Owners club)
Played last night at the expo. Stunning in person, light show on the house with the modes is awesome. It’s a easy shooter compared to other games like Jurassic Park. Nonetheless, very rewarding from the distance to all of the shots to the back of the playfield, it just works. I found the game to be a blast to play. I want to get one. I have no doubt the code will be on par with Lyman.
My only criticism, I did not like was the floating dead heads. I love the intro announcement to them and how they are. I just feel they should be to the side in the picture frame, taunting you with their animation and call outs.

Hmmm, I like the floating heads...reminds me that I have an objective to complete...they tend to taunt you...but then, I like the pool floats/inner tubes as well...

#3640 4 years ago

Played a couple hours on a LE and had a great time. Does the pin feel like SS2? Yes

#3641 4 years ago

Elvira at Pinball Expo...

IMG_1463 (resized).JPGIMG_1463 (resized).JPG
#3642 4 years ago
Quoted from fuseholder:

According to Greg Ferres the deadheads are going to be reworked to address some of the concerns about them. I would like to see references to some of the deadheads in SS but apparently that’s not in the cards.

#3643 4 years ago

I have an LE and love it. Knowing Lyman’s past output , I can confidently say that this game is going to be a classic. By the time the code is finished, these games will be hard to come by because guys won’t be letting them go. Scared Stiff is in my top 4 of all time, those are big shoes to fill, but this one is a great addition to the series.

I guarantee it

#3644 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

According to Greg Ferres the deadheads are going to be reworked to address some of the concerns about them.

That’s good news.
Love what I see in the game overall but the deadhead animations in particular stand out as more creepy than cartoonish.

#3645 4 years ago

Here is the full Elvira interview with the design team courtesy of Pinball News

#3646 4 years ago

It's irritating that they took out the classic Nordman style ramps (the prototypes had a whitewater-style dip on the left ramp). I also liked that the chest was called Elvira's "dusty old box" in the prototypes. Shame they changed it...

#3647 4 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

LOL this game is awesome and the theme integration is also amazing.Some people just don't know what a fun game experience should be. There is a lot more to pinball then just doing A plus B will get you to C and if you do this and that C value will be 30 times the value if you do D and E. So if you want a game you can turn up the sound and enjoy the ride this game is amazing fun.And of course we all said it over and over, Lyman will never stop until this game is what he wants it to be and we all know that will be great.

#3648 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's irritating that they took out the classic Nordman style ramps (the prototypes had a whitewater-style dip on the left ramp). I also liked that the chest was called Elvira's "dusty old box" in the prototypes. Shame they changed it...

I prefer "Junk in the Trunk" by far, plus they have a whole comedic schtick about the "Junk" voiced by Tim K.

Maybe an ambitious modder will make an alternate left ramp with the dips, like the original design. It seems pretty feasible, and it would only need to be the first half of the ramp, as the trunk makes a clean break.

#3649 4 years ago

Dusty ‘ol Box +1

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 79.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-the-official-thread/page/73?hl=tmntrule999 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.