pasted_image (resized).jpeg
762CCCAE-7C30-48EB-A24B-662264858C0C (resized).jpeg
20191106_150140 (resized).jpg
20191106_143111.jpg
20191106_135932.jpg
20191106_140206.jpg
4DFF5D79-EBCB-4729-B9C9-8F242EE6BD58 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 79.
#3500 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Yeah. My turret only turned during a ball search. Wouldn't turn in diagnostics, either.

Odd, my roof turns in diagnostics to all 4 locations. Via the diagnostic screen specifically designed to test the roof.

#3501 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Yeah. My turret only turned during a ball search. Wouldn't turn in diagnostics, either.

Strange. My roof turns to all 4 positions in the diagnostic screen that specifically tests the roof.

#3502 4 years ago
Quoted from tmntrule999:

I apologize if this has already been talked about, but has anyone gotten or seen any official flyer of this machine?

I'm hoping to snatch one up at the Wheeling Expo. Actually two. One for my collection and one to put up in my office.

#3503 4 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Yep, it did during the Stream...trying to showcase features no doubt and then maybe pulled it for whatever reason...I am not concerned, the machine is certainly playable/enjoyable as is. I believe it is just a matter of time before we see updated code...IMO, this machine has plenty of potential and we are only scratching the surface...absolutely no regrets.

Me neither. Since we know Lyman is on this I can’t imagine it won’t turn out great.

#3504 4 years ago

They sure rushed these out
Some pieces still had protective plastic on it
( I removed one then took the pic- left top corner) any one else also ?

Also chip out of one of the legs

Strange looking metal piece right top corner sticking out but does not seem to hit the ball , by a mm

B8673C12-BA51-4DFA-819E-7D7C49896D7A (resized).jpegB8673C12-BA51-4DFA-819E-7D7C49896D7A (resized).jpegC9BC6B2E-D6E4-4D7F-A3F2-28FA961CA94F (resized).jpegC9BC6B2E-D6E4-4D7F-A3F2-28FA961CA94F (resized).jpegE04546A4-ABCA-422C-8059-81853A3467BF (resized).jpegE04546A4-ABCA-422C-8059-81853A3467BF (resized).jpegF90BAB77-FC53-4A0C-9FB3-7B84AAEDB706 (resized).jpegF90BAB77-FC53-4A0C-9FB3-7B84AAEDB706 (resized).jpeg
#3505 4 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Strange looking metal piece right top corner sticking out but does not seem to hit the ball , by a mm[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I think the plastic on the LE label is normal and a good thing. That metal piece sticking out in your corner is not good. Looks like you’re going to have to remove the plastic piece and readjust that metal piece underneath it.

#3506 4 years ago

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned or brought up but quite impressed with the Elvira cabinet thus far, the bottom of the base cabinet is a 13 layer 3/4” plywood. Very solid.

4AB4F958-08D2-4800-A266-84AC225B7BD6 (resized).jpeg4AB4F958-08D2-4800-A266-84AC225B7BD6 (resized).jpeg
#3507 4 years ago

Also it is a real screened mirrored backglass and you can feel and see the layers of the texture on the back, it is not a laminate decal. Game looks amazing in person !

#3508 4 years ago

So far ,few games played and thumps up

Some air balls into the drains , gggrrr
But overall light effects and the Zombie Multiball left great impression

This will be $10k by Xmas !!
Oh wait... it already was

4E8BBFD8-4CCE-462F-922F-16B39146EEFC (resized).jpeg4E8BBFD8-4CCE-462F-922F-16B39146EEFC (resized).jpeg
#3509 4 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned or brought up but quite impressed with the Elvira cabinet thus far, the bottom of the base cabinet is a 13 layer 3/4” plywood. Very solid.[quoted image]

Cabinets have been like that since Munsters Le - solid ply base, proper corner brackets, even laminated sides. Rock solid. About time Stern improved cabinet quality on these expensive games. Great to see it has continued on Jurassic Park Le’s and 3lvira.

#3510 4 years ago
Quoted from CVeRiTy:

Yes, I updated from the 0.80 it shipped with to the latest version via USB and had no problems.

Interesting
Tried twice. Same USB I use for all other games. Keeps saying wrong spk file.
Magicchiz

#3512 4 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Interesting
Magicchiz

similar thing happening with the latest ghostbusters update, lots of people having trouble

#3514 4 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Interesting
Magicchiz

Did you unpack the zip with windows built in unzip function?

#3515 4 years ago
Quoted from CVeRiTy:

Odd, my roof turns in diagnostics to all 4 locations. Via the diagnostic screen specifically designed to test the roof.

Well, crap. There must be something wrong with my turret. It did light up, however, when I got to the Attic Party last night. I'll have to check it out along with my lockdown bar button which quit working. Fun.

#3516 4 years ago

We will have 6 Elvira premiums at the expo for free play with show discounts. Games need to be on floor the entire show and can be picked up sat night, sun morning or we can ship them to you for a fee. PM if interested in getting a discounted show model..

#3517 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did you unpack the zip with windows built in unzip function?

Yes

#3518 4 years ago

Not sure if this will make a difference, but this works for me...

• Download file onto a primary hardrive (C or D drive typically)
  • Use 7-Zip (not Windows) to unzip the file into a folder
  • Delete all files off my 16GB FAT32 USB thumb drive
  • Copy the unzipped files to the root drive of the empty USB thumb drive
  • == Update the Game with the USB drive (power off -> insert drive -> boot game) ==

A couple things to note:
- I trust 7-Zip more than other unzip tools
- I only download and unzip on a primary hard drive, and then copy to the USB drive
--- basically avoid doing operations on the USB Drive - only copy the files onto it when they are ready
- Keep the USB drive empty, other than the update files

#3519 4 years ago

Hopefully we'll look back at this and laugh in a couple years when it's all done over wifi.

#3520 4 years ago

Stern uses Wordpress???

#3521 4 years ago

Do not do that. Use winrar or some 3rd party add-on to unzip the file. Stern warned about unreliable files if you use the built-in windows unzip like 2 or 3 years ago. I have no idea WHY there's a problem, but there is for some files on some machines. If you use a winrar or something like that, problem solved.

It's likely your issue.

#3522 4 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Interesting
Magicchiz

Did you formatt the USB before dragging the files over? Could be a dud USB drive as well. Try a new USB. That has been our issue a couple of times.

#3523 4 years ago

Anyone else update to 0.83 and now having odd lighting behavior? While playing a game, my left flipper seems to change the GI and my right flipper seems to change the status of the RGB's between R, G, and B. Makes it kinda tough to see what shots I'm supposed to be making lol.

#3524 4 years ago

Melissa, Cointaker, sent tracking # this afternoon! Monday or Tuesday it will be here.

#3525 4 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Strange looking metal piece right top corner sticking out but does not seem to hit the ball , by a mm[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Protective tape over scratch-sensitive parts is normal (and appreciated). Mine also has the metal piece, it's the corner of an L shaped supporting bracket. Less than ideal that it extends onto the art, but doesn't seem to cause any problems.

#3526 4 years ago

I’m hoping to pick up a premium in about 6 months. Does anyone know if these rails will also work on EHOH ?

478B67DD-CED5-48E5-AC27-0A9E88599A67 (resized).jpeg478B67DD-CED5-48E5-AC27-0A9E88599A67 (resized).jpeg
#3527 4 years ago

Has anyone heard when premiums are going to ship?

#3529 4 years ago

Well finally had to do the SD card image in order to update my Elvira 3 LE. I tried different USB sticks. Tried Winzip, winrar and windows and none of them worked. Alas the SD card image did. Been updating games for a long time and this is the first one that has given me trouble.
Magicchiz

#3530 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball_mutha:

Has anyone heard when premiums are going to ship?

November

#3531 4 years ago

Also November from what my distributor told me.

#3532 4 years ago

Few odds things on the game , one is I can start a new game by pushing the lock bar button ?

#3533 4 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Few odds things on the game , one is I can start a new game by pushing the lock bar button ?

All new Sterns have that as default. You can change it in settings.

#3534 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

All new Sterns have that as default. You can change it in settings.

Thank you
That’s new to me

#3535 4 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Thank you
That’s new to me

The button will also plunge the ball unless disabled in settings. Both of those (start & plunge) I turned off once I leaned over the machine (GOTG) and launched a ball prematurely.

#3536 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

The button will also plunge the ball unless disabled in settings. Both of those (start & plunge) I turned off once I leaned over the machine (GOTG) and launched a ball prematurely.

I've been told that premature ball launches is something that just happens as you get older.

#3537 4 years ago

Mine should be shipping soon, I have to pick up. Does anyone know if I can load it ‘in box’ into the back of a pickup bed with canopy, or does this need to be unboxed prior?
Thanks

#3538 4 years ago
Quoted from Mogg:

Mine should be shipping soon, I have to pick up. Does anyone know if I can load it ‘in box’ into the back of a pickup bed with canopy, or does this need to be unboxed prior?
Thanks

If the opening to the truck bed is more than 32", it should fit in the box.

#3539 4 years ago

Great thanks

#3540 4 years ago

This is my first Spike2 Stern.
Is there any difference between updating via SD card vs USB?
I mean, I understand the difference. But is there any difference in the final outcome? Is it just that doing the SD card gives you a clean, fresh install?
Will updating via USB still take care of updating the node board firmware, if applicable?

#3541 4 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

I mean, I understand the difference. But is there any difference in the final outcome? Is it just that doing the SD card gives you a clean, fresh install?
Will updating via USB still take care of updating the node board firmware, if applicable?

No difference in the final outcome as far as game code/game play is concerned.
Updating by USB will update node board firmware as required.

#3542 4 years ago

USB should be fine in almost all circumstances - each update also updates the necessary node boards. You usually only re-image an SD card when it's borked/corrupted. Not that common of an occurance.

#3543 4 years ago

I have been playing mt EHOH since it arrived Wednesday...lots to do and I really love it. I am thinking the shots are much easier than in my Munsters...I can easily back hand the Dead Head Crypt, the Front Door is a reasonable shot, as expected...I am experiencing rejects from the garage as well as a several SDTM returns on failed garage shots but it is an easy shot to make...regardless, this game is a lot of fun...can't wait for the next code update.

#3544 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

No difference in the final outcome as far as game code/game play is concerned.
Updating by USB will update node board firmware as required.

What if you update with a new sd card image only would that still update the node boards if needed?

#3545 4 years ago

If you do the SD card route, you lose all your settings and scores.

#3546 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

What if you update with a new sd card image only would that still update the node boards if needed?

Yes. But I wouldn’t mess with an SD card update unless there’s a good reason to do so. USB update is a lot less hassle

#3547 4 years ago

What do owners think of the sound? In the streams I’ve seen it sounds very repetitive/ monotonous. Is that just my imagination?

#3548 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

What do owners think of the sound? In the streams I’ve seen it sounds very repetitive/ monotonous. Is that just my imagination?

Just remember the code is still being developed. Believe me, there is a lot of stuff missing. What's there is great!

#3549 4 years ago

So far with being missing a lot in the code
It’s a lot of fun indeed

Can only get better !!

It’s a sure winner especially with the remarks
In the game towards the previous 2 games

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
St. Petersburg, FL
$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

9,000 (Firm)
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 79.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-the-official-thread/page/71?hl=moonduckie78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.