pasted_image (resized).jpeg
762CCCAE-7C30-48EB-A24B-662264858C0C (resized).jpeg
20191106_150140 (resized).jpg
20191106_143111.jpg
20191106_135932.jpg
20191106_140206.jpg
4DFF5D79-EBCB-4729-B9C9-8F242EE6BD58 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 79.
#3450 4 years ago

Do any honeowners have their Elviras?

#3451 4 years ago

Still no stream out there?

#3452 4 years ago
Quoted from tatapolus:

Still no stream out there?

Thats my thoughts of my post.

#3453 4 years ago

We had the game last friday for our Belgian Open Pinball... but it got stuck at customs... to be picked up on monday

So a big show,a lot of people, all newest games... and an Elvira stuck at the airport.

Otherwise it would have been streamed.

#3454 4 years ago

The customs have released the 'belgian' Elvira. A stream is planned this evening (belgian time). When I have more information, i will post them here.
72584449_548183269290922_5832039918330707968_n (resized).jpg72584449_548183269290922_5832039918330707968_n (resized).jpg

#3455 4 years ago
Quoted from Elwood_BE:

The customs have released the 'belgian' Elvira. A stream is planned this evening (belgian time). When I have more information, i will post them here.
[quoted image]

It looks like the overseas versions have four back legs! What happened to the rest of the person?

#3456 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

My game shipped with .80, and then I upgraded to .83
Please note, I needed to do the upgrade via the "SD Card Image Install". The normal USB install won't work because the file size is too large for a FAT32 USB drive.

How do you do that?

#3457 4 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

How do you do that?

You don’t need to. That was bad information. Follow the instructions on the code “readme”. It separates the files so they are compatible with fat32. This post details it:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-the-official-thread/page/69#post-5245821

#3458 4 years ago

The stream will be available here:

It's planned at 9PM belgian time (thus in 80 minutes from now).

#3459 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

You don’t need to. That was bad information. Follow the instructions on the code “readme”. It separates the files so they are compatible with fat32. This post details it:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-the-official-thread/page/69#post-5245821

Thanks Appreciate the response

#3460 4 years ago

Got my LE, absolutely beautiful machine...only played about 6 games on it so far...I have to say I like it! Odd, it has no real attract mode yet so the playfield looks dark when not in gameplay...just red jackpot inserts and dome flashers.
20191009_164254 (resized).jpg20191009_164254 (resized).jpg

#3461 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Everything pinball is so much cheaper in the US compared to over here . Almost makes me want to move there . We pay more for everything compared to all other countries , forget the exchange rate we even pay more for digital downloads where transport costs are zero . We have a higher minimum wage so I guess they think we can afford it .

The beauty that is Australia far outweighs our game room costs. Anytime you are in my neck of the woods, give me a yell and I'm happy to make a great time of it!

Cheers.

#3462 4 years ago
Quoted from Elwood_BE:

The customs have released the 'Belgian' Elvira.

Quoted from FtrMech:

Got my LE. Absolutely beautiful machine.

I like seeing the pictures, but everyone who posts about receiving their LE should report their game number and advise if their game has any clearcoat pooling (or chipping) around the slingshot posts (or other areas). The more games we hear about without any pooling issues the more it will look like Stern has fixed the problem on new production going forward. So if you've already received your LE, what number did you get and how is the clear around the posts?

#3463 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I like seeing the pictures, but everyone who posts about receiving their LE should report their game number and advise if their game has any clearcoat pooling (or chipping) around the slingshot posts (or other areas). The more games we hear about without any pooling issues the more it will look like Stern has fixed the problem on new production going forward. So if you've already received your LE, what number did you get and how is the clear around the posts?

Mine is LE# 106. I played a few more games on it...loving it more and more...not seeing any issues at all with the playfield.

#3464 4 years ago
3A621DD5-2CC2-4F76-B90C-48CEA222F0D7 (resized).jpeg3A621DD5-2CC2-4F76-B90C-48CEA222F0D7 (resized).jpeg
#3465 4 years ago

I have to say, the playfield clear looks great

#3466 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Graysonsdad why would you downvote a good question. He is not bashing the pin or anything of that nature.

#3467 4 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Got my LE, absolutely beautiful machine...only played about 6 games on it so far...I have to say I like it! Odd, it has no real attract mode yet so the playfield looks dark when not in gameplay...just red jackpot inserts and dome flashers.
[quoted image]

No attract lights? Can’t imagine that is planned. Every pin has that. Maybe the code update fixes?

#3468 4 years ago

Mine also has no attract mode

#3469 4 years ago
Quoted from DefDumBlindKid:

Wow. Anyone that updates to the new code let us know please. I love looking at my machines in attract mode. I just can’t imagine they would intentionally leave that out. The whole point is to attract players to play on route when no one is playing. That’s why they have attract mode. Just very odd.

#3470 4 years ago

I’m sure it will be included in the update. The game just shipped...

Quoted from GamerRick:

Wow. Anyone that updates to the new code let us know please. I love looking at my machines in attract mode. I just can’t imagine they would intentionally leave that out. The whole point is to attract players to play on route when no one is playing. That’s why they have attract mode. Just very odd.

#3471 4 years ago

I spoke to Pablo at Stern and he believes that the lack of attract mode will be addressed as the code develops...I thought mine was broke.

#3472 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

That's the cost of buying early bro

#3473 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Graysonsdad why would you downvote a good question. He is not bashing the pin or anything of that nature.

It's not an angry downvote or anything. Im just not a fan of this chime in if your playfield is ok mentality. It seems to have been resolved by Stern. If you have an issue, of course share it but we dont need to hear it all the time. Just let them enjoy their new toys before they start looking for flaws that might not even be there.
Very minor side beef, not interested in what numbers people have. Never understood that one.

#3474 4 years ago

I’m sure it will be included in the update. The game just shipped...

New code .83 has no affect on attract mode...

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3475 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

It's not an angry downvote or anything. Im just not a fan of this chime in if your playfield is ok mentality. It seems to have been resolved by Stern. If you have an issue, of course share it but we dont need to hear it all the time. Just let them enjoy their new toys before they start looking for flaws that might not even be there.
Very minor side beef, not interested in what numbers people have. Never understood that one.

Numbers i agree. Who cares. But for the price of these, i would like to know if they have issues with clearcoat right out of box. Thats all companies not just Stern. I love Elvira so hopefully its not a issue. JP just got released and its got playfield issues and that was a recent release.

#3476 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Numbers i agree. Who cares. But for the price of these, i would like to know if they have issues with clearcoat right out of box. Thats all companies not just Stern. I love Elvira so hopefully its not a issue. JP just got released and its got playfield issues and that was a recent release.

I agree. Mention any issues you are having. I just dont see the point in coming in here if only to say things are all good.
They changed the art around the post on JP3 and it seems to have remedied the issue. Trust me, I've been following the thread as it will likely be my next nib purchase

#3477 4 years ago

Concerning the playfield...comparing it to my Munsters LE they look completely different. Munsters is an overall smooth whereas E3 actually has some texture to in as if a different type of bonding or application process was used...you can see outlines of each graphic on the playfield. Definitely something different going on...maybe the playfield issues were addressed.

#3478 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

How do we know its resolved, if not for actual customers reporting back? Since Stern has not even acknowledged a problem, you can't expect them to come out and say its fixed.

#3479 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I'm not a fan of this chime in if your playfield is okay mentality. It seems to have been resolved by Stern. If you have an issue, of course share it but we don't need to hear it all the time. Just let them enjoy their new toys before they start looking for flaws that might not even be there. Very minor side beef, not interested in what numbers people have.

Many of us are not sure the problem has been corrected. I thought that noting which number game one has along with the condition of the clear around posts could be helpful if, for instance, owners with numbers below, say, 50 reported pooling while owners with numbers over 50 saw no problems. But there is very little feedback on House of Horrors clear coat condition so far.

#3480 4 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Concerning the playfield...comparing it to my Munsters LE they look completely different. Munsters is an overall smooth whereas E3 actually has some texture to in as if a different type of bonding or application process was used...you can see outlines of each graphic on the playfield. Definitely something different going on...maybe the playfield issues were addressed.

Has next to no clearcoat - determined a possible improvement

#3481 4 years ago

LE numbers are cool if you are into it
I know collectors that reserve matching numbers
I like to reserve specific year numbers relevant to the theme in one way or another.
I understand this sounds corny but I like it.
Wonder who will end up with number xx I had reserved

Hope all your games are awesome !

#3482 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Anytime you are in my neck of the woods, give me a yell and I'm happy to make a great time of it!
Cheers.

I sure will . Got to start saving . Any roller coasters in your neck of the woods ?

#3483 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

for instance, owners with numbers below, say, 50 reported pooling while owners with numbers over 50 saw no problems. But there is very little feedback on House of Horrors clear coat condition so far.

As far as I'm aware numbers don't actually equal the exact order in which they are made

#3484 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

As far as I'm aware numbers don't actually equal the exact order in which they are made

Yes, This is correct

#3485 4 years ago

All Monster Themed pinball games at www.TheDarkness.com come on by and play! Scared Stiff and House of Horrors side by side.

IMG_5317 (resized).jpgIMG_5317 (resized).jpgIMG_5384 (resized).jpgIMG_5384 (resized).jpgIMG_5388 (resized).jpgIMG_5388 (resized).jpgIMG_5390 (resized).jpgIMG_5390 (resized).jpgIMG_5391 (resized).jpgIMG_5391 (resized).jpg
#3486 4 years ago

No attract mode, lol. That's a new low for underbaked code. Does it at least have end of ball bonus yet? That was missing on the reveal stream.

#3487 4 years ago

Is everybodies hounted house roof still inactive ? Mine does not move or light.

#3488 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

No attract mode, lol. That's a new low for underbaked code. Does it at least have end of ball bonus yet? That was missing on the reveal stream.

Buy early, suffer early

Buy late, get complete code & new artwork options!

If sales slow on Elvira they will make a new art package covered in Elvira titties

I’m holding out for the cleavage edition

#3489 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

That's a new low for underbaked code.

Should clarify, I'm not faulting the design team. They don't choose when a game hits the line.

#3490 4 years ago

Received my LE this morning, let me know if you have any questions I can answer.

elvira 1 (resized).jpgelvira 1 (resized).jpgelvira 2 (resized).jpgelvira 2 (resized).jpgelvira 3 (resized).jpgelvira 3 (resized).jpgelvira 4 (resized).jpgelvira 4 (resized).jpgelvira 5 (resized).jpgelvira 5 (resized).jpg
#3491 4 years ago

Is everybodies hounted house roof still inactive ? Mine does not move or light.

Yep, same with mine...

#3492 4 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Yep, same with mine...

I thought I saw it spinning in the dead flip reveal? How could that feature be missing then?

#3493 4 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Yep, same with mine...

Yeah. My turret only turned during a ball search. Wouldn't turn in diagnostics, either.

#3494 4 years ago

There's a live stream here :

#3495 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I thought I saw it spinning in the dead flip reveal? How could that feature be missing then?

Yep, it did during the Stream...trying to showcase features no doubt and then maybe pulled it for whatever reason...I am not concerned, the machine is certainly playable/enjoyable as is. I believe it is just a matter of time before we see updated code...IMO, this machine has plenty of potential and we are only scratching the surface...absolutely no regrets.

#3496 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I sure will . Got to start saving . Any roller coasters in your neck of the woods ?

https://www.kennywood.com/

Yes there are!

#3497 4 years ago

To update or not? Anyone get a USB to work
Magicciz

#3498 4 years ago

I apologize if this has already been talked about, but has anyone gotten or seen any official flyer of this machine?

#3499 4 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

To update or not? Anyone get a USB to work
Magicciz

Yes, I updated from the 0.80 it shipped with to the latest version via USB and had no problems.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 188.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hollywood, FL
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 79.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-the-official-thread/page/70?hl=cverity and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.