pasted_image (resized).jpeg
762CCCAE-7C30-48EB-A24B-662264858C0C (resized).jpeg
20191106_150140 (resized).jpg
20191106_143111.jpg
20191106_135932.jpg
20191106_140206.jpg
4DFF5D79-EBCB-4729-B9C9-8F242EE6BD58 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 79.
#3400 4 years ago
Quoted from SmallyBells:

Who’s Trent? Why is he sending himself a email? Why is the email posted, I thought that wasn’t allowed? Topper? Why are there 2 identical posts? Is this a ad?
Please Ask Trent If Torgo is involved with the topper

Trent is one of the top ranked pinball players in the world and the owner or Tilt Amusements which is one of the larger Stern Distributors in the US. Really nice guy as well.

#3401 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I hear you , but it's better than over 10,000 miles

Haha

#3402 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Trent is one of the top ranked pinball players in the world and the owner or Tilt Amusements which is one of the larger Stern Distributors in the US. Really nice guy as well.

Trent is the best. I wouldn't do what I do if I didn't have Trent's support all these years.

#3403 4 years ago

Played some Elvira today the art on the game really pops in person and looks good. Code is super early which I'm sure it will be awesome once it's finished in a year or two. Game play is kinda boring all the shots are wide and open making the game feel easy. If your a good player you will be playing this game for a long time I even noticed bad players having long ball times.

#3404 4 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Played some Elvira today the art on the game really pops in person and looks good. Code is super early which I'm sure it will be awesome once it's finished in a year or two. Game play is kinda boring all the shots are wide and open making the game feel easy. If your a good player you will be playing this game for a long time I even noticed bad players having long ball times.

Bye out lane posts.

#3405 4 years ago

Incase anyone here isnt aware of project pinballs charity raffles you should know that thier most recent raffle is for an Elvira LE
Only 200 tickets available and about half of them are sold already. Check it out. Proceeds go to a good cause. Kids.
https://projectpinball.rallyup.com/elvira-limitededition-pinballmachineraffle

#3406 4 years ago

Anyone who has played Elvira?
Can you rate the game 1-10 ?
Would you buy an LE?

#3407 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Incase anyone here isnt aware of project pinballs charity raffles you should know that thier most recent raffle is for an Elvira LE
Only 200 tickets available and about half of them are sold already. Check it out. Proceeds go to a good cause. Kids.
https://projectpinball.rallyup.com/elvira-limitededition-pinballmachineraffle

They could have raffled off a SLE at 100 tickets for $200 a piece. Net $20,000 and one very happy winner.

#3408 4 years ago
Quoted from SmallyBells:

Who’s Trent? Why is he sending himself a email? Why is the email posted, I thought that wasn’t allowed? Topper? Why are there 2 identical posts? Is this a ad?
Please Ask Trent If Torgo is involved with the topper

Your avatar matches your questions 110%.

2A5B0A63-52EA-44F6-9034-F5EE5FF4F704 (resized).jpeg2A5B0A63-52EA-44F6-9034-F5EE5FF4F704 (resized).jpeg
#3409 4 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Game play is kinda boring all the shots are wide and open making the game feel easy. If your a good player you will be playing this game for a long time I even noticed bad players having long ball times.

Personally as someone who isn't in the same Galaxy let alone the same league as someone like Keith Elwin , I don't mind a game that's easier to shoot with so called long ball times , especially when you're paying $2 a game on location . I like being able to do a few modes and see more of the game . When people say a game is too easy and has long ball times , I wonder how many of them get to wizard modes and even complete them . I currently have two games The Hobbit and fish tails . TH is a long playing game and is an adventure , my FT is setup brutal and your game can be over in a blink of an eye . For me Elvira seems it would be good as it is somewhere in the middle .

#3410 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Personally as someone who isn't in the same Galaxy let alone the same league as someone like Keith Elwin , I don't mind a game that's easier to shoot with so called long ball times , especially when you're paying $2 a game on location . I like being able to do a few modes and see more of the game . When people say a game is too easy and has long ball times , I wonder how many of them get to wizard modes and even complete them . I currently have two games The Hobbit and fish tails . TH is a long playing game and is an adventure , my FT is setup brutal and your game can be over in a blink of an eye . For me Elvira seems it would be good as it is somewhere in the middle .

In general, "medium" ball times seems like a really good idea for location play. Even when I'm out somewhere, I dont' really love playing a game that's going to be a huge investment. I have TH as well and I LOVE playing it at home - but (for me) the longer ball times aren't as desirable when I'm on location

#3411 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:In general, "medium" ball times seems like a really good idea for location play. Even when I'm out somewhere, I dont' really love playing a game that's going to be a huge investment. I have TH as well and I LOVE playing it at home - but (for me) the longer ball times aren't as desirable when I'm on location

Unfortunately for me I don't make a lot of money , so on location long Ball times keep me from buying beers at the bar .

#3412 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Unfortunately for me I don't make a lot of money , so on location long Ball times keep me from buying beers at the bar .

Right, exactly

#3413 4 years ago

Took the plunge and ordered an LE
Not crazy about premium cabinet
Figured by the time I can play one
They won’t be available?

#3414 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Took the plunge and ordered an LE
Not crazy about premium cabinet
Figured by the time I can play one
They won’t be available?

That was my fear... But, as you know with pinball you just have to wait and be patient and sooner or later everything pops up for sale again... But, with that being said. I plunked down and paid for an LE... Paid in full and just waiting for my LE to come to my home. I might also have 2 other cool toys that arrive at the same time.
The turtles and star wars arcade1ups... And please don't downvote me for the arcade1ups. I like them. They're not arcade perfect. They're close enough... And yes, I know a PI can play them all... But, these look better than a pi, and I can put them upstairs in my house. I can't put any pins upstairs as I have an impossible turn in my stairs.
Anyway, in a few weeks I'll be having an epic party at my house.
Elvira, Turtles, and Star Wars... What a party!!!!

#3415 4 years ago

I’m weird... I prefer the Premium cabinet. I like the color combination and cleaner typographic treatment.

#3416 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

That was my fear... But, as you know with pinball you just have to wait and be patient and sooner or later everything pops up for sale again... But, with that being said. I plunked down and paid for an LE... Paid in full and just waiting for my LE to come to my home. I might also have 2 other cool toys that arrive at the same time.
The turtles and star wars arcade1ups... And please don't downvote me for the arcade1ups. I like them. They're not arcade perfect. They're close enough... And yes, I know a PI can play them all... But, these look better than a pi, and I can put them upstairs in my house. I can't put any pins upstairs as I have an impossible turn in my stairs.
Anyway, in a few weeks I'll be having an epic party at my house.
Elvira, Turtles, and Star Wars... What a party!!!!

I am with you on the A1UP's. I own a few. Modded a few and they are very nice and affordable. Small size is really great for placement and moving around. I am curious to see the two you bought. Might buy one of them later this year once they are available. Cheers and enjoy them. Thumbs UP

#3417 4 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

I am with you on the A1UP's. I own a few. Modded a few and they are very nice and affordable. Small size is really great for placement and moving around. I am curious to see the two you bought. Might buy one of them later this year once they are available. Cheers and enjoy them. Thumbs UP

Well, if the websites are to be believed and I'm not certain I can trust Gamestop as it took them a long time to get me my Golden Tee arcade1up. But, I should be getting the two next Tuesday, and hopefully around that time I should be getting Elvira. Could be this week... I don't know.
But, the two arcade1ups are Star Wars and TMNT.

I own 7 others currently and I also have the preorder on the Limited Edition Marvel Cab by a1up. I own Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, Final FIght, 12 in 1, Golden Tee, Rampage, and Pacman.
I modded the 12 in 1 with Glens spinner and trackball, and its really close to arcade standards now... Arcade perfect. No, but close enough to where I don't care.

The machines I think I get the most use of are the Final Fight cab, as I am trying to beat Ghosts n Goblins and that game is TOUGH!!!! And the Golden Tee one. Just fun to relax and shoot a round or two.

And I will eventually mod most of them with either stronger springs for the joysticks or replace the whole joystick and replace the buttons.
I know I will be replacing the 12 in 1's buttons soon as I was playing asteroids and I was just not happy with their lack of response. And with those buttons replaced that cab will be killer.

I like them as I said. They're light. Easy to relocate. Less power consumption than an original cab. Less maintenance, and also crt's can and do have burn in them. So I actually am a big fan of these. As I just like looking at them as well. And watching my family come over and play games on them.

My family are not huge pinheads. They'll play a few games of pinball, but then they'll sit down and play on these guys for much, much longer. And maybe beat a few of the games.

And as I said, once I get my hands on my Elvira. I'm going to be hosting a big party with my family and friends to celebrate the hostest with the mostest!!!!

#3418 4 years ago

.83 Code is out. All machines.

#3419 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

.83 Code is out. All machines.

Apparently this is the initial code that the games are currently shipping with.

#3420 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

All new Stern LE's are at a rate of $1/play on my route. After another game is released they are $2/3plays. Once there are multiple releases then they are .75, $2/3plays.

#3421 4 years ago

Cool story bro! How do you enforce your pricing policy in Australia where he lives?

#3422 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

All new Stern LE's are at a rate of $1/play on my route. After another game is released they are $2/3plays. Once there are multiple releases then they are .75, $2/3plays.

Everything pinball is so much cheaper in the US compared to over here . Almost makes me want to move there . We pay more for everything compared to all other countries , forget the exchange rate we even pay more for digital downloads where transport costs are zero . We have a higher minimum wage so I guess they think we can afford it .

#3423 4 years ago

I know originally we heard no topper, then I heard there will be a topper so has anyone heard anything about a topper yet or is Elvira missing out on topper action?

#3424 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I know originally we heard no topper, then I heard there will be a topper so has anyone heard anything about a topper yet or is Elvira missing out on topper action?

It's coming right out after the Star Wars topper

#3425 4 years ago

Delivery company just called, 3lvira will be here tomorrow early afternoon.

#3426 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Everything pinball is so much cheaper in the US compared to over here . Almost makes me want to move there . We pay more for everything compared to all other countries , forget the exchange rate we even pay more for digital downloads where transport costs are zero . We have a higher minimum wage so I guess they think we can afford it .

do they still censor all your movies, too?

#3427 4 years ago
Quoted from DefDumBlindKid:

Delivery company just called, 3lvira will be here tomorrow early afternoon.

Yep, same here...may have to take the day off!

#3428 4 years ago

anyone have any info on the sle?

#3429 4 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

anyone have any info on the sle?

Yeah, it’s too expensive.

#3430 4 years ago

Sorry couldn’t resist.

#3431 4 years ago

Do we know if this is a real raffle? I want to contribute but I’m not a fan of clicking on links so I went to their webpage. There is no mention of this raffle on the Project Pinball’s web site. There is an active raffle for a Jurassic Park with the same start and stop times. I’m worried somebody is running a side hustle using Project Pinball’s name. I even went as far as calling Project Pinball for verification but only received an answering machine that said leave a message after reading back the phone number. I know Project Pinball is small but I would think they should at least have the answering service state the company’s name in the out going message.

#3432 4 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Do we know this is a real raffle? I want to contribute but I’m not a fan of clicking on links so I went to their webpage. There is no mention on this raffle on the Project Pinball’s web site. There is an active raffle for a Jurassic Park with the same start and stop times. I’m worried somebody is running a side hustle using Project Pinball’s name. I even went as far as calling Project Pinball for verification but only received an answering machine that said leave a message after reading back the phone number. I know Project Pinball is small but I would think they should at least have the answering service state the company’s name in he out going message.

#3433 4 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Apparently this is the initial code that the games are currently shipping with.

My game shipped with .80, and then I upgraded to .83

Please note, I needed to do the upgrade via the "SD Card Image Install". The normal USB install won't work because the file size is too large for a FAT32 USB drive.

EDIT - The USB Drive will work, you just need to unzip on the PC first, and copy the 4 files inside the zip into the root directory of the USB drive.

#3434 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

There is a topper included with the Signature Edition (info from my distributor), but I don't know what it looks like or if it will be available to purchase for the other models.

#3435 4 years ago

Do we know if this is a real raffle? I want to contribute but I’m not a fan of clicking on links so I went to their webpage. There is no mention of this raffle on the Project Pinball’s web site. There is an active raffle for a Jurassic Park with the same start and stop times. I’m worried somebody is running a side hustle using Project Pinball’s name. I even went as far as calling Project Pinball for verification but only received an answering machine that said leave a message after reading back the phone number. I know Project Pinball is small but I would think they should at least have the answering service state the company’s name in the out going message.

Check out the project pinball thread. It's legit. They posted it themselves. I have a ticket myself. I usually grab a ticket for every pro raffle.

Screenshot_20191008-175457_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191008-175457_Chrome (resized).jpg
#3436 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Check out the project pinball thread. It's legit. They posted it themselves. I have a ticket myself. I usually grab a ticket for every pro raffle.[quoted image]

Ok - that makes me feel better. Thanks.

#3437 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

My game shipped with .80, and then I upgraded to .83
Please note, I needed to do the upgrade via the "SD Card Image Install". The normal USB install won't work because the file size is too large for a FAT32 USB drive.

Did you try a 16GB USB drive?

#3438 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Did you try a 16GB USB drive?

FAT32 wont let file sizes over 4gb on to memory sticks

#3439 4 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

What about some ex Fat?

#3440 4 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Thanks very much for the info, appreciate it. Instructions on the read me file say to put file on a USB.

#3441 4 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

do they still censor all your movies, too?

Haven't heard that one before , maybe you're thinking of North Korea .

#3442 4 years ago

Does anyone have a new Elvira HOH and a scared stiff? I was wondering how they compare? I want to buy a scared stiff, but what some people want for one, I can purchase a new HOH.

#3443 4 years ago

Ok - that makes me feel better. Thanks.

Ditto, I give to them also! You win either way!

#3444 4 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

As per the Readme file, "The code download will need to be unzipped before installing on a USB stick.".

There are 3 or 4 files unzipped, each about 2GB in size. Put those on the USB stick, NOT the downloaded ZIP file. Those fit on FAT32 fine.

Here's the ReadMe -

The code download will need to be unzipped before installing on a USB stick.

Update instructions:
Download the zip file.
Unzip the file; this will create a folder that contains file(s).
Open the folder, copy the file(s) to the root level of a USB stick.(Do not copy the folder.)
Power the game off.
Insert the USB stick.
Turn the game on.
After the game boots up, there will be an option for software update.
The volume buttons change options for full or quick update. The enter button selects the option and starts the update.
Once the update is completed, turn the game off and remove the USB stick.
Turn the game on and the game will be running the new code.

#3445 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Haven't heard that one before , maybe you're thinking of North Korea .

Australia definitely does censor. If a film cannot be rated ‘R’ it’s refused classification and essentially banned. Many of these are referred to as the ‘Video Nasties’: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_banned_in_Australia

#3446 4 years ago
Quoted from GamesbyAPK:

Does anyone have a new Elvira HOH and a scared stiff? I was wondering how they compare? I want to buy a scared stiff, but what some people want for one, I can purchase a new HOH.

I have a SS my dad bought new in the box, love the game , also have the original Elvira and waiting on an LE
Love the artwork on all of them

#3447 4 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

As per the Readme file, "The code download will need to be unzipped before installing on a USB stick.".
There are 3 or 4 files unzipped, each about 2GB in size. Put those on the USB stick, NOT the downloaded ZIP file. Those fit on FAT32 fine.
Here's the ReadMe -
The code download will need to be unzipped before installing on a USB stick.
Update instructions:
Download the zip file.
Unzip the file; this will create a folder that contains file(s).
Open the folder, copy the file(s) to the root level of a USB stick.(Do not copy the folder.)
Power the game off.
Insert the USB stick.
Turn the game on.
After the game boots up, there will be an option for software update.
The volume buttons change options for full or quick update. The enter button selects the option and starts the update.
Once the update is completed, turn the game off and remove the USB stick.
Turn the game on and the game will be running the new code.

Sorry, should have explained it better, I meant 1 file size over 4gb, yes 3 or 4 2gb files will fit on FAT32 format usb sticks, obviously this is how Stern are getting around a larger sizes now.

#3448 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Australia definitely does censor. If a film cannot be rated ‘R’ it’s refused classification and essentially banned. Many of these are referred to as the ‘Video Nasties’: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_banned_in_Australia

Interesting . I can only speak on behalf of my state Victoria . I remember seeing Bais Moi and Salo at the movies almost 20 years ago . Bad taste , Faces of Death , I Spit on Your Grave , Texas Chainsaw Massacre 1 and 2 have all been available at the video shops as long as I can remember . Some of the movies on the list have been on TV here . I haven't seen some of the other movies but then again I haven't been looking for them . Technically you're right but it doesn't seem to stop the availability of these movies . With the internet these days , not much point in trying to ban anything any more .

#3449 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Interesting . I can only speak on behalf of my state Victoria . I remember seeing Bais Moi and Salo at the movies almost 20 years ago . Bad taste , Faces of Death , I Spit on Your Grave , Texas Chainsaw Massacre 1 and 2 have all been available at the video shops as long as I can remember . Some of the movies on the list have been on TV here . I haven't seen some of the other movies but then again I haven't been looking for them . Technically you're right but it doesn't seem to stop the availability of these movies . With the internet these days , not much point in trying to ban anything any more .

Same deal here in Queensland. I have seen most of these movies on tv and at the old video stores.
We all know how accurate wikipedia is though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 79.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-the-official-thread/page/69?hl=m00nmuppet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.