pasted_image (resized).jpeg
762CCCAE-7C30-48EB-A24B-662264858C0C (resized).jpeg
20191106_150140 (resized).jpg
20191106_143111.jpg
20191106_135932.jpg
20191106_140206.jpg
4DFF5D79-EBCB-4729-B9C9-8F242EE6BD58 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 79.
#3351 4 years ago

Haven’t played EHOH yet but curious how those people feel who have. If you’ve flipped E3, try answering these...

Any shots feel rewarding - which ones?

Most memorable features to you?

Will you be playing the game a lot more?

Will you be buying the game?

#3352 4 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

And the anything but Elvira thread continues. Move this BS elsewhere.

You cant take the tits out of elvira... nor can you take her schtick out of it and have it be the same theme. They go hand in hand.

Just because a woman may be empowered, that doesn’t remove the sexism and objectification.

Its just hypocrisy from many voices here. Woman draws sexy warrior... people freak out as being “tone deaf”, and everything under the sun. People boycott places for playing big juicy melons... yet 3vlira doing the same kind of jokes? Oh no, shes the model feminist and it’s cool making those same jokes because it’s from her...

#3353 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Haven’t played EHOH yet but curious how those people feel who have. If you’ve flipped E3, try answering these...

The most rewarding is the combos. There are 3 ramps and you can combo all three as the orbit feeds to the left flipper from the center ramp.

I like the box that opens or shows a bash target. It's cool and is integrated with the theme imo

Yes I think with code maturing it can become a very fun game. Stern has done some cool things in the way of rules. Hoping this will be no different.

I bought multiple for our sites. Come check it out.

#3354 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Played some games with my daughters. It's fun but I think it was set up too easy. I liked stacking the multiballs and the angles of the shots are different from most games. Need more time but first 5 games it's a winner to me.[quoted image]

Love Helicon! May be headed out later to check our Elvira and JP

#3355 4 years ago

I’d like to please see a picture of the couch swatch if anyone out there with a SLE is on pinside.

#3359 4 years ago

Ugh, this is the reason I prefer to avoid forums, or just read and continue onward.

Ideally we all like pinball in this thread.

Ideally we all like Elvira in this thread.

If we want adversarial discussion on culture and any other subject, could someone just make a dedicated thread for that? Otherwise this becomes a buzzkill, and certainly doesn't help hype or critique the game itself.

If I want to feel like a battle is surrounding me incessantly, I'll head anywhere else in the world, and feel miserable amidst the incessant conflict. Pinball is often a nice oasis away from all of that back and forth name calling, anger projection, and lack of practiced empathy.

#3361 4 years ago

I wonder how many state changes the tomb has? From one of the interviews I heard, it seemed like there is the closed door, dead head, scoop... And something else (which was hinted at but not described). Can anyone with the game confirm?

#3363 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I wonder how many state changes the tomb has? From one of the interviews I heard, it seemed like there is the closed door, dead head, scoop... And something else (which was hinted at but not described). Can anyone with the game confirm?

I can't imagine they would have left a feature entirely out of the reveal / stream.

#3364 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I can't imagine they would have left a feature entirely out of the reveal / stream.

True. Perhaps someone with the pin can confirm, maybe it's a second iteration of a head?

#3365 4 years ago

I believe there are 3 states to the crypt. Open, closed and skull head bash toy.

#3366 4 years ago

He is a liberal Californian. Nuff said. If you arent in Cali or New york, your opinion doesnt matter.

#3367 4 years ago

FFS... this thread

#3368 4 years ago

Cool so we’ve learned people don’t understand what sexism is & now they don’t understand what racism is, but they’ll quickly jump to use the terms to smear people if it fits their desire to attack and belittle. I never said “ONLY” about anything. Don’t fucking put words in my mouth. Shame on you.

Quick look at this guy’s FB page. Nonstop alt-right insanity & Trumpy white supremecsim. And he calls ME a racist!!!? Figures. Projection projection projection.

Pinsiders, avoid this disingenuous racist at all costs.

#3369 4 years ago

Nice weather we’re having lately, isnt it?

#3370 4 years ago

Do you know what the stages of the Crypt bash toy is? Hoping someone can provide info. You seem to know a lot, so hoping you might be able to provide some valuable insight.

#3371 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Cool so we’ve learned people don’t understand what sexism is & now they don’t understand what racism is, but they’ll quickly jump to use the terms to smear people if it fits their desire to attack and belittle. I never said “ONLY” about anything. Don’t fucking put words in my mouth. Shame on you.
Quick look at this guy’s FB page. Nonstop alt-right insanity & Trumpy white supremecsim. And he calls ME a racist!!!? Figures. Projection projection projection.

Moderator should chime in here......

Rarehero I respect your opinions (especially with Ghostbusters, lol).
However, politics a no-no on the forums. And for the record Chris (Cdonnerusmc) is a good dude.

Lets get back to pinball please.

#3372 4 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Moderator should chime in here......
Rarehero I respect your opinions (especially with Ghostbusters, lol).
However, politics a no-no on the forums. And for the record Chris (Cdonnerusmc) is a good dude.
Lets get back to pinball please.

I’m trying too. Crypt details? Anyone?

#3373 4 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Cheers! Thanks for the support!

#3374 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Look, I rarely say anything and I respect you and your opinion. I kindly ask that you take this to a topic of your own as Robert has started a thread based on his love for everything Elvira and I want him to have his fun with it etc.

The game is cool, I think I'll end up really liking it beyond what I do currently when Lyman does is masterful work.

Cheers

#3376 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I’m trying too. Crypt details? Anyone?

jonesjb The crypt has three states: 1) Gate, 2) Scoop, 3) Dead Head

#3377 4 years ago

I visited Helicon and had the chance to put close to 20 games on Elvira. The layout of the game is solid. The house is impressive and the Crypt is a nice toy. The inserts & art package is reminiscent of old Bally games but updated. There are plenty of pictures of Elvira. The inter tubes on the LCD were not present, they must have been removed because of the complaints.
I noticed a few glitches that will need addressed in coding . The ball could enter the Junk in the Trunk lock from rolling into it from the playfield. It activated ball locks from the playfield. The VUK also isn’t firing hard and drained a few times directly into the left outlane. I found myself skipping all of the Haunt sequences and the Wild Women Multiball were rather dull. The GarGoyles Gone Wild Mode was very entertaining. It had good LCD animations and a Brain Seltzer sounding song “Jump and Jive “throughout. I hope that’s the way Lyman takes the overall feel of the game. The Haunts right now just feature B Movies with rather bland music in the background. Callouts and Elvira mocking the scenes would be welcome.
Overall the game has great promise to be excellent but it’s currently a work in progress. With just receiving a JP LE and really enjoying its current overall package I must say I’m less than excited to think that I’ll be taking delivery of this game in the next week. I invite everyone to check out Helicon and see the great selection of games there. Chris offers the most recent releases in pristine condition for you to evaluate yourself.

3263B5C8-DCAB-4438-919C-E4F9F9AC612E (resized).jpeg3263B5C8-DCAB-4438-919C-E4F9F9AC612E (resized).jpeg59697199-1F76-49C7-A7A3-E85A9445767A (resized).jpeg59697199-1F76-49C7-A7A3-E85A9445767A (resized).jpeg6E3E9646-BA61-45FB-9017-E2A465DFBE99 (resized).jpeg6E3E9646-BA61-45FB-9017-E2A465DFBE99 (resized).jpeg9ABDFB95-4688-42A0-989B-11FDC30D3182 (resized).jpeg9ABDFB95-4688-42A0-989B-11FDC30D3182 (resized).jpegD9536093-DC1A-4345-8FCD-21A78074E1AB (resized).jpegD9536093-DC1A-4345-8FCD-21A78074E1AB (resized).jpeg
#3378 4 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

I HATE Helicon!

Why? Cause it's 1,143 miles away and I want to go.

#3379 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

I visited Helicon and had the chance to put close to 20 games on Elvira. The layout of the game is solid. The house is impressive and the Crypt is a nice toy. The inserts & art package is reminiscent of old Bally games but updated. There are plenty of pictures of Elvira. The inter tubes on the LCD were not present, they must have been removed because of the complaints.
I noticed a few glitches that will need addressed in coding . The ball could enter the Junk in the Trunk lock from rolling into it from the playfield. It activated ball locks from the playfield. The VUK also isn’t firing hard and drained a few times directly into the left outlane. I found myself skipping all of the Haunt sequences and the Wild Women Multiball were rather dull. The GarGoyles Gone Wild Mode was very entertaining. It had good LCD animations and a Brain Seltzer sounding song “Jump and Jive “throughout. I hope that’s the way Lyman takes the overall feel of the game. The Haunts right now just feature B Movies with rather bland music in the background. Callouts and Elvira mocking the scenes would be welcome.
Overall the game has great promise to be excellent but it’s currently a work in progress. With just receiving a JP LE and really enjoying its current overall package I must say I’m less than excited to think that I’ll be taking delivery of this game in the next week. I invite everyone to check out Helicon and see the great selection of games there. Chris offers the most recent releases in pristine condition for you to evaluate yourself.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Fair assessment Bill. Honestly I only had a few games on it. 5 total and 2 interrupted to the point I didn't complete because of well..... My 4 year old being well.... A 4 year old. I did manage a decent game on it and my estimation says the game seems to play long. I had fun with it for sure and I agree it needs some code to make everything mesh.

I say this a lot but I have to continue to compliment your dedication to coming to the brewery. I wish I knew further ahead and I certainly would make an effort to see you and your wife.

How are you liking jple? I absolutely love it. It's a great game to shoot.

Cheers!

C

#3380 4 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I HATE Helicon!

Tough but fair.

#3381 4 years ago

#3382 4 years ago

This is a Elvira thread please let’s respect the fans, owners and potential owners of those pins and allow them to dive into this topic without further political banter. Any political discourse beyond this point will result in being banned from the thread.

#3383 4 years ago

You want to hear something funny? I'm really not a fan of any of the Elvira pinball games, and the new Stern really does nothing for me right now (gotta play it). Honestly, I just found SS to be too shallow of a game, and EATPM just didn't click either.

But through pinball, I got to meet Elvira (Cassandra) at one of the Pinball festivals (TPF a few years ago) and I will say that she forever left a positive impression on me that I will never forget. I saw how she interacted with other people in line and then how she interacted with me, and she has an absolute people-person personality that draws you in and captures you. She took the time to talk to me on a personal level and I couldn't have been more impressed... probably the absolute best celebrity I've ever met! I'm now a fan of her personally and as Elvira. Why do I mention this? Because most of the time when I meet celebrities, it's the opposite- I like them until I meet them in person and realize they are horrible with people.

So, while SS and EATPM may not something I plan on owning, I'm kind of hoping this one develops into a killer-coded, super fun, flowing game... and I can meet Cassandra once again and get an autographed translite or instruction card.

Just my $0.02.

#3384 4 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I HATE Helicon!

I hear you , but it's better than over 10,000 miles

#3385 4 years ago

I love Elvira!

#3386 4 years ago

#3387 4 years ago

#3388 4 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

This is a Elvira thread please let’s respect the fans, owners and potential owners of those pins and allow them to dive into this topic without further political banter. Any political discourse beyond this point will result in being banned from the thread.

Yes the 2 + pages of BS is such a shame ;(
It would be very much appreciated if moderators could clean up this thread please.

#3389 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

jonesjb The crypt has three states: 1) Gate, 2) Scoop, 3) Dead Head

Thank you, I appreciate it!

#3390 4 years ago

That's more like it

#3391 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Overall the game has great promise to be excellent but it’s currently a work in progress. With just receiving a JP LE and really enjoying its current overall package I must say I’m less than excited to think that I’ll be taking delivery of this game in the next week. I invite everyone to check out Helicon and see the great selection of games there. Chris offers the most recent releases in pristine condition for you to evaluate yourself.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The details in the playfied art are pretty sweet.

#3392 4 years ago

is being able to sneak a ball into the trunk from the playfield a bad thing? that sounds pretty sweet to me.. I saw Jack almost sneak it in a few times on the stream to the point to where he says out loud Stop teasing me with that!

IMG_9872 (resized).jpgIMG_9872 (resized).jpgIMG_9872 (resized).jpgIMG_9872 (resized).jpg
#3393 4 years ago

is being able to sneak a ball into the trunk from the playfield a bad thing? that sounds pretty sweet to me.. I saw Jack almost sneak it in a few times on the stream to the point to where he says out loud Stop teasing me with that!

#3394 4 years ago

Vid1900 is closely watching this thread.

vid1900.jpgvid1900.jpg
#3395 4 years ago

So now the SLE comes with a topper? or is this a topper and shooter rod something Trent is supplying?

#3396 4 years ago

Who’s Trent? Why is he sending himself a email? Why is the email posted, I thought that wasn’t allowed? Topper? Why are there 2 identical posts? Is this a ad?

Please Ask Trent If Torgo is involved with the topper

#3397 4 years ago
Quoted from SmallyBells:

Who’s Trent? Why is he sending himself a email? Why is the email posted, I thought that wasn’t allowed? Topper? Why are there 2 identical posts? Is this a ad?
Please Ask Trent If Torgo is involved with the topper

The email is a blind copy (BCC) so he can send one email to everyone and they can’t see each others’ email addresses

#3398 4 years ago

So for the price of 2 Premiums, you get 1 premium with art blades, topper, shooter rod and different art work... and an autograph. Sweet.

#3399 4 years ago

I notice on the stream the right ramp often does a bounce when it reaches the end of the ramp before dropping into the flippers. It would seem like this pause would impact timing on making shots. Is this intentional part of the design or has it been fixed to be more smooth?

You can see what I'm referring to in the reveal at 1:05:08...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

11,855 (OBO)
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 188.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 12.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

Trade
Machine - For Trade
St. Petersburg, FL
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 79.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-the-official-thread/page/68?hl=m00nmuppet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.