pasted_image (resized).jpeg
762CCCAE-7C30-48EB-A24B-662264858C0C (resized).jpeg
20191106_150140 (resized).jpg
20191106_143111.jpg
20191106_135932.jpg
20191106_140206.jpg
4DFF5D79-EBCB-4729-B9C9-8F242EE6BD58 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 79.
#3301 4 years ago

Ladies and gentlemen, boils and ghouls! #11 @helicon brewing.

123951(79) (resized).jpg123951(79) (resized).jpg123951(80) (resized).jpg123951(80) (resized).jpg123951(81) (resized).jpg123951(81) (resized).jpg
#3302 4 years ago

Also.

IDGAF if Elvira is in her 60's. She looks great, I dig the character she developed & the way she carries herself outside the role.

An 8ball of nose Alaska & a night with Elvira is more than most pinball nerds could handle. Haters

Dang, that LE above my post looks TIT!

#3303 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Ladies and gentlemen, boils and ghouls! #11 @helicon brewing.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It looks amazing. Also the JP...

Congrats...

#3304 4 years ago

Any gameplay videos? Not Deadflip Stream. Any others? Love to see some.

#3305 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Ladies and gentlemen, boils and ghouls! #11 @helicon brewing.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Time to schedule a work trip to Pittsburgh!

#3306 4 years ago

It annoys me when people judge a game on its price . A game's enjoyability should be based on gameplay . I can understand when people say a game is not worth the money . From what I've seen if all Stern's latest games were lined up and they are all the same price I would go Elvira . Just my opinion .

#3307 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Time to schedule a work trip to Pittsburgh!

Get some beers outta me this time!

#3308 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

It annoys me when people judge a game on its price . A game's enjoyability should be based on gameplay . I can understand when people say a game is not worth the money . From what I've seen if all Stern's latest games were lined up and they are all the same price I would go Elvira . Just my opinion .

Would anyone pay $100k for a new Mustang GT just because it's a cool car? No. Its completely normal to judge any good based on its asking price, especially a pinball machine that is close to $10k.
At some point people these ridiculous high prices need to be backed up by top build quality, deep as well as unique code, and what is actually on the playfield.

#3309 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

You guys need to come up with some cool tap handles. Like this one for instance...

elvira (resized).JPGelvira (resized).JPG
#3310 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

You guys need to come up with some cool tap handles. Like this one for instance...[quoted image]

Love it!

#3311 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Would anyone pay $100k for a Mustang GT just because it's a cool car? No. Its completely normal to judge any good based on its asking price, especially a pinball machine that is close to $10k.
At some point people these ridiculous high prices need to be backed up by top build quality, deep as well as unique code, and what is actually on the playfield.

Love your work Panzer . I saw on Pawn Stars a 65 GT Shelby Mustang sold for over $100,000 just because it's cool . With lyman at the helm I think it will be a deep and unique code . Is The Hobbit a shit game because you can get it for around 6 grand US , the price makes no difference to how good a game is , you might say Elvira overpriced but that doesn't mean it's not going to be a fun game .

#3312 4 years ago

Elvira's schtick is LITERALLY feminism. I guess you never turned on the volume?

#3313 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Love your work Panzer . I saw on Pawn Stars a 65 GT Shelby Mustang sold for over $100,000 just because it's cool . With lyman at the helm I think it will be a deep and unique code . Is The Hobbit a shit game because you can get it for around 6 grand US , the price makes no difference to how good a game is , you might say Elvira overpriced but that doesn't mean it's not going to be a fun game .

I'm talking paying $100k for a new Mustang GT that is typically around $35k, no one would pay that lol.

#3314 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm talking paying $100k for a new Mustang GT that is typically around $35k...no one would pay that lol.

That makes total sense if a Mustang GT sells 35 g , why would you pay $100 g. My point is , if Elvira sold for $1,000,000 or $1 it's still going to be the same amount of fun

#3315 4 years ago
Quoted from Vongoosewink:

Elvira should have a window in the corner where she is interacting with the player for the ENTIRE game. Laughing at stuff, joking when the player drains, in making funny comments, in general looking attractive and interested in what's going on.

I feel that something like that would get repetitive very very quickly. Her current video scenes aren't an issue because you can skip them with the flippers, but constant banter on screen would not be skippable as you'd be in the middle of playing the game.

Quoted from RobertWinter:

The price? OK, the LE is $600 more than previous LEs. I'm sure licensing and the custom Elvira clips added to the overall cost. And you can't compare price on this to a game that's over 23 years old (SS).

Ironically you'll probably have to pay more for a 23 year old SS in as good condition as a new House Of Horrors.

#3316 4 years ago

A great observation that I don’t believe has been mentioned here. Bravo.

Quoted from Rarehero:

#3317 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

80's feminism is not the same as today's feminism..

#3318 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

You do know Shelby Mustangs = the SLE of Pinballs?

#3319 4 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

80's feminism is not the same as today's feminism..

Yeah, women have more power now. You're old and bitter about it. It worked. Sorry that you see equality as oppression.

#3320 4 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Ironically you'll probably have to pay more for a 23 year old SS in as good condition as a new House Of Horrors.

When I sold the NIB SS I had a few years ago, it fetched much more than the current price of an EHOH LE.

#3322 4 years ago

love to see another stream from a new owner!

#3323 4 years ago

Projection much? Pics of your glistening beautiful face before you randomly insult the women of the world.

#3324 4 years ago

I'm sure women everywhere are lamenting that they don't fit into your definition of feminism or beauty.

What the fuck is wrong with people on this forum?

#3325 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I'm sure women everywhere are lamenting that they don't fit into your definition of feminism or beauty.
What the fuck is wrong with people on this forum?

It’s a forum about toys for rich old white guys. Unfortunately but predictably, many haven’t mentally evolved from their teenage years....they consider themselves in like company & freely spew their bigotry and ignorance. It’s gross, but definitely let’s me know who not to do business with.

#3326 4 years ago

Her schtick is not feminism its sexism and she embraces it. She is a sex symbol of the macabre and she plays a ditzy big tittied gal who likes to flaunt what god gave her while making dumb sexual innuendo jokes. It was fun when she came out long before pc culture and long before any liberal labeled her as a feminist. Please go back to "outside looking in". Good Christ

#3327 4 years ago
images (2) (resized).jpegimages (2) (resized).jpeg
#3328 4 years ago

Someone stream this now!!!!

#3329 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

Someone stream this now!!!!

I'm getting my LE next week, I'll live stream it on Twitch then. Warning though, I suck at pinball lol but will be fun to play it live regardless.

#3330 4 years ago

Anybody in the wild get to play this yet how is it?

#3331 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Her schtick is not feminism its sexism and she embraces it. She is a sex symbol of the macabre and she plays a ditzy big tittied gal who likes to flaunt what god gave her while making dumb sexual innuendo jokes. It was fun when she came out long before pc culture and long before any liberal labeled her as a feminist. Please go back to "outside looking in". Good Christ

You literally know nothing about women or feminism.

She's the one making the innuendo...not men at her expense.
She's the one calling out creepers and putting them in their place.
She's the one who looks and dresses how she wants...no man is going to tell her to be modest or get away with slut shaming her.
She's one of the OG Girl Bosses.
She's in charge of her world...she's letting you enjoy it.

Elvira = feminism.

#3332 4 years ago

OG Girl Bosses? Dude I didn't know you rolled that way. My bad, sorry.

#3333 4 years ago

ROFL. Incels are funny.

#3334 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

OG Girl Bosses? Dude I didn't know you rolled that way. My bad, sorry.

Rolled what way? Explain your insult for the class.

#3335 4 years ago

Why did I come back here

Well at least I see someone finally got an Elvira, maybe we can discuss pinball again

#3336 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Why did I come back here
Well at least I see someone finally got an Elvira, maybe we can discuss pinball again

That would be refreshing, wouldn't it?

#3337 4 years ago

Can y'all start a new thread to bicker?

I don't really agree or disagree with either camp. Both y'all are sorta weird & stretching shit.

Plus I only like arguments when I'm included.

#3338 4 years ago

I found it refreshing that someone finally pointed out Elvira’s feministic approach. It saddens me that more of you can’t simply get beyond the word feminist. I think it should be a part of the thread. If your buying a 10k-15k game, don’t you want to get to know her? Fucsakes

#3339 4 years ago
Quoted from SmallyBells:

I found it refreshing that someone finally pointed out Elvira’s feministic approach. It saddens me that more of you can’t simply get beyond the word feminist. I think it should be a part of the thread. If your buying a 10k-15k game, don’t you want to get to know her? Fucsakes

See post above yours. Just let it drop or make your own thread.

#3340 4 years ago

This thread is 10 percent EHOH and 90 percent bullshit. I agree with the poster who said why do I even come back? Who cares about all these random stupid comments and opinions? And people fighting just to fight? Discuss pinball.

#3341 4 years ago

Anyone get to play this bad boy today

#3342 4 years ago

Played some games with my daughters. It's fun but I think it was set up too easy. I liked stacking the multiballs and the angles of the shots are different from most games. Need more time but first 5 games it's a winner to me.

20191004_205349 (resized).jpg20191004_205349 (resized).jpg
#3343 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Played some games with my daughters. It's fun but I think it was set up too easy. I liked stacking the multiballs and the angles of the shots are different from most games. Need more time but first 5 games it's a winner to me.[quoted image]

Thank god. A positive post

#3344 4 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

Thank god. A positive post

I have just glossed over some of what is being said. Everyone likes different things so I respect the opinions of those above me and I play the games to get my own perspective. The features are cool, and I'm sure the code will line this one up nicely. The shots are all fun and rewarding to hit. I will go back to Helicon during an off day, because I have access anytime and get a few games on while it's not so crowded. I report back. Thanks!

#3345 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I have just glossed over some of what is being said. Everyone likes different things so I respect the opinions of those above me and I play the games to get my own perspective. The features are cool, and I'm sure the code will line this one up nicely. The shots are all fun and rewarding to hit. I will go back to Helicon during an off day, because I have access anytime and get a few games on while it's not so crowded. I report back. Thanks!Agree. Some are great games and some are good. I have an Elvira coming so I’m curious to read your posts. Sounds as though you aren’t over the top hyper critical. It seems that some people expect the game to do their laundry. I just want the game to be fun to play. I’m sure it will be. Thanks again

#3347 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Played some games with my daughters. It's fun but I think it was set up too easy. I liked stacking the multiballs and the angles of the shots are different from most games. Need more time but first 5 games it's a winner to me.[quoted image]

Isn’t it just a fan layout? I’m not currently looking at the playfield but that’s what it seemed like to me at first glance

#3348 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You literally know nothing about women or feminism.
She's the one making the innuendo...not men at her expense.
She's the one calling out creepers and putting them in their place.
She's the one who looks and dresses how she wants...no man is going to tell her to be modest or get away with slut shaming her.
She's one of the OG Girl Bosses.
She's in charge of her world...she's letting you enjoy it.
Elvira = feminism.

By that logic... hookers or dominatrix should be the top of the feminist idol chart as they are in sole control of what they do.

Funny i never noticed other women being cool with something simply because a woman did it on her own accord. Like when they attack how a woman is dressing... or how another woman is using their body as a tool to manipulate others , etc.

#3349 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

By that logic... hookers or dominatrix should be the top of the feminist idol chart as they are in sole control of what they do.
Funny i never noticed other women being cool with something simply because a woman did it on her own accord. Like when they attack how a woman is dressing... or how another woman is using their body as a tool to manipulate others , etc.

And the anything but Elvira thread continues. Move this BS elsewhere.

#3350 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Isn’t it just a fan layout? I’m not currently looking at the playfield but that’s what it seemed like to me at first glance

It is a fan layout but there are some twists in there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 188.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

8,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hollywood, FL
8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 79.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-the-official-thread/page/67?hl=halfwasted and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.