pasted_image (resized).jpeg
762CCCAE-7C30-48EB-A24B-662264858C0C (resized).jpeg
20191106_150140 (resized).jpg
20191106_143111.jpg
20191106_135932.jpg
20191106_140206.jpg
4DFF5D79-EBCB-4729-B9C9-8F242EE6BD58 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 79.
#3251 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I wasn't aware it is a ton more expensive. My game quote was $300 more, I dont want to give away $300 but that's not really a big difference % wise. I'd guess using a contract designer and getting the custom speech cost a little more then most games. I'd also guess that it costs more because they know they can. Its Elvira with Lyman coding, people are going to buy it.

Yeah, I can see the custom speech and custom video raising the price a bit. The game does look cool. Will be keeping an eye on how the code develops as may buy a premium down the road.

#3252 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah, I can see the custom speech and custom video raising the price a bit. The game does look cool. Will be keeping an eye on how the code develops as may buy a premium down the road.

You should be able to get a nice HUO premium for a great price once gnr and Eddy's pin drops. People only have so much cash and so much space.

#3253 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

You should be able to get a nice HUO premium for a great price once gnr and Eddy's pin drops. People only have so much cash and so much space.

That's my plan next year. That's what I did on IMDN. Waited til this spring and found a mint HUO for just over 5k. Plus it was already dialed in and playing perfectly. I think plenty of potential buyers will let the code progress, and do the wait and see game. No way I personally would preorder this title without AT LEAST playing and seeing it in person

#3254 4 years ago

LE ships Monday!

#3255 4 years ago

All LEs or just yours?

#3256 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Guys im pretty picky if you look at my collection i think i have good tatse. This game is rock solid and could become one of my favorites. Im making a laser cut air ball deflector ill keep you guys posted i think stern could take awhile. This game is worth the wait guys. Also i put pinstadiums in its not a debate if you need them or what ever im just saying. It let me switch some of the GI out from white to purple. I thought it was dumb the night sky behind the house had white lights. Now its much more mood setting. If you dont have pinstadiums it could make the game kinda dark. I got the beta code from lyman today looks like we are on .86[quoted image]

Sorry, why do you need to make an airball deflector ?
Far out
Im glad im not on the LE guinea pig list.

#3257 4 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

All LEs or just yours?

You thought he meant ALL 400 LE's ship Monday?

#3258 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Guys im pretty picky if you look at my collection i think i have good tatse. This game is rock solid and could become one of my favorites. Im making a laser cut air ball deflector ill keep you guys posted i think stern could take awhile. This game is worth the wait guys. Also i put pinstadiums in its not a debate if you need them or what ever im just saying. It let me switch some of the GI out from white to purple. I thought it was dumb the night sky behind the house had white lights. Now its much more mood setting. If you dont have pinstadiums it could make the game kinda dark. I got the beta code from lyman today looks like we are on .86[quoted image]

Thanks very much for sharing! We are looking forward to getting our game.

Could you please tell us where you think you will be needing the air ball protector for? We make them for all our games as needed. I think air balls are the number 1 contributer to ghosting inserts.

#3259 4 years ago

So i came across this video randomly on youtube. And I think watching through this sums up pretty well why people are upset about this Pin. The price tag and the fact that it has maybe not even half as many features as scared Stiff had.

#3260 4 years ago

Now that is great.

#3261 4 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

The price tag and the fact that it has maybe not even half as many features as Scared Stiff had.

You're kidding, right? Because you can't be serious. And I'm a huge SS fan.

The price? OK, the LE is $600 more than previous LEs. I'm sure licensing and the custom Elvira clips added to the overall cost. And you can't compare price on this to a game that's over 23 years old (SS).

Not even half as many features as Scared Stiff? Let's do a quick comparison.

Both have two flippers
Both have upper rollover lanes
Both have pop bumpers
Both have two ramps (I'll give you that SS has more *iinteresting* ramps, but they're still just ramps)
SS has the spider hole with a VUK to the ramp, EHOH has a multi-stage crypt with a separate VUK
SS has 3 Leapers, EHOH has 4 Gargoyles
SS has the Spider Wheel, EHOH has the Hand of Fate
SS has the Stiff in the Coffin, EHOH has Junk in the Trunk - both kick out balls
SS has a bash crate that also locks balls, EHOH has a full size mansion with drop target, lifting ramp, interior diverter, rotating turret, interior and exterior lighting, etc.
SS has 3 stand up targets, EHOH has 6
SS has a DMD, EHOH has a full color HD display with actual custom Elvira clips
EHOH has a spinner, SS has none
SS has 14 shots (counting each target/leaper), EHOH has 18 shots
SS has 6 modes, EHOH has 6 haunts, numerous multiballs, other modes like Unhappy Hour, etc

So where are all these extra (double according to you) features you say that SS has?

#3262 4 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

The price? OK, the LE is $600 more than previous LEs. I'm sure licensing and the custom Elvira clips added to the overall cost. And you can't compare price on this to a game that's over 23 years old (SS).
Both have two flippers
Both have pop bumpers
Both have two ramps (I'll give you that SS has more *iinteresting* ramps, but they're still just ramps)
SS has the spider hole with a VUK to the ramp, EHOH has a multi-stage crypt with a separate VUK
SS has the Stiff in the Coffin, EHOH has Junk in the Trunk - both kick out balls
SS has a bash crate that also locks balls, EHOH has a full size mansion with drop target, lifting ramp, interior diverter, rotating turret, interior and exterior lighting, etc.
SS has 6 modes, EHOH has 6 haunts, numerous multiballs, other modes like Unhappy Hour, etc
So where are all these extra (double according to you) features you say that SS has?

Truth hurts....haters want to hate for the sake of hating. I, personally, cant wait for mine to deliver.

#3263 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Truth hurts....haters want to hate for the sake of hating. I, personally, cant wait for mine to deliver.

EC1FEC6C-40AB-4BDE-8CF7-80A30F8E4D88 (resized).pngEC1FEC6C-40AB-4BDE-8CF7-80A30F8E4D88 (resized).png
#3264 4 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

So i came across this video randomly on youtube. And I think watching through this sums up pretty well why people are upset about this Pin. The price tag and the fact that it has maybe not even half as many features as scared Stiff had.

I forgot how beautiful SS is !

#3265 4 years ago

Does SS have Elvira herself with video clips introducing modes?

Case closed.

#3266 4 years ago

This picture brings up a good point...When is Elvira passing down the torch to a new talent?

#3267 4 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

This picture brings up a good point...When is Elvira passing down the torch to a new talent?

They already tried that 12 years ago. The winner was pretty good but you can never replace Cassandra.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Search_for_the_Next_Elvira

#3268 4 years ago

They already tried that 12 years ago. The winner was pretty good but you can never replace Elvira.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Search_for_the_Next_Elvira

12 years ago? lol...New generation since then. Time for a reboot....And just in time to combat the current craziness our country has been leaning towards...

#3269 4 years ago

Here's the winner - April Wahlin.

CwG4kMfWYAAYnYR (resized).jpgCwG4kMfWYAAYnYR (resized).jpg
#3270 4 years ago

Here's the winner - April Wahlin.[quoted image]

Denied....It's not about the body..They need to interview the personality...Plus Elvira started off about 8 years younger than this one...

#3271 4 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Denied....It's not about the body..

If you watched the competition, April had the mannerisms and attitude down cold.

#3272 4 years ago

If you watched the competition, April had the mannerisms and attitude down cold.

I didn't see the competition video..Looking for an evolution of Elvira, not someone who can copy her mannerisms like an actor...The video I saw her personality wasn't groundbreaking..Elvira was an evolution of morticia and lily Munster...

#3273 4 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Elvira was an evolution of morticia and lily Munster...

Don't forget Vampira!

hqdefault (resized).jpghqdefault (resized).jpg
#3274 4 years ago

Don't forget Vampira![quoted image]

Soo true. My bad. I would love to be that lucky young woman that figures this out..

#3275 4 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Time for a reboot....And just in time to combat the current craziness our country has been leaning towards...

This makes no sense regardless of which of the two main options you are referring to.

#3276 4 years ago

You're kidding, right?
over 23 years old (SS).

----Yep that's part of my point. ^^^^

Both have two flippers.

---SS has flipper toppers included

---Yeah
Both have pop bumpers

-----SS pop bumpers are mechanically interactive

-------Cmon now are you serious????? Still just ramps.lol
That's the understatement of the century

-------Spider wheel is a mech. Can't be compared to LCD animations

-------SS what's in the crate is lit up and a locking ball bash toy. And also the stiff in the coffin is sculpted and a much cooler mech then the plain jaine junk in the trunk mech on EHOH.

Sorry couldn't figure out to change the color of my responses. So they are just ------- in front of them.

Maybe I was a bit exaggerated when I said half the features. But SS just has a way more "interesting" looking playfield with maybe the coolest looking ramp in pinball. The art is better. Theres triple the elvira on the PF in much more "interesting" poses.

And at the end of the day, for the price this pin is commanding. There should be no doubt. When compared to a pin of the same theme from 23 years ago, EHOH should be hands down and by far and away the better pin. But its sadly just not.

#3278 4 years ago

I mean she is in her 60's. Time to find another future icon...

#3279 4 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

When compared to a pin of the same theme from 23 years ago, EHOH should be hands down and by far and away the better pin. But its sadly just not.

You're completely dismissing EHOH without ever playing it? Based solely on what you've seen on a stream with early code? If you prefer the art on SS over EHOH that's fine. But you can't say SS is "far and away the better pin" because it has twisty ramps and you've never played a single ball of EHOH.

Personally, I don't think EHOH needs to be "better" than SS or EATPM. Why can't it just be a new, different pinball that's fun?

#3280 4 years ago

Wow that trailer... SS is a stone cold classic. The theme and integration are off the scale!

#3281 4 years ago

Nobody is selling their SS because of this pin. But on the other hand, it’s amazing how the typical Pinside MO of “when is this pin coming out” to “man this pin sucks” 60 seconds after a video and images are released yet nobody has actually played it to have a real opinion.

People with money will buy them, people that don’t have money will complain about them crunchin on rice cakes.

#3282 4 years ago

The video reminds me just how annoying simple the ramps are on e3.

#3283 4 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

The video reminds me just how annoying simple the ramps are on e3.

I have a feeling Dennis had something special, My guess is Stern has to dull it down for the usual reasons

Please guys, don't take my feedback as negative, I love 3lvira and may get one at some stage.
I sincerely apologize for feeling let down with this release and maybe I was expecting too much.

Looking at the super cool SS promo vid, Selling my amazing SS now is my biggest regret other than selling my awesome TZ.

Don't fret 3lvira will no doubt be super cool.

#3284 4 years ago

Slightly off-topic but there are some HQ 32 Khz wav callouts from SS on this page, Elvira sounds amazing as does the guy:

https://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/Williams/games/stiff/index.html

Shows you that all of these original recordings are sitting in a vault somewhere. Would love to hear a remastered version of the game sounds, with the quality of music from the trailer along with HQ callouts. Now that I would pay money for...

#3285 4 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

You thought he meant ALL 400 LE's ship Monday?LOL...I was asking if LEs in general starting shipping Monday or if he heard from his distributor that "His/Hers" was shipping Monday...

#3286 4 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Slightly off-topic but there are some HQ 32 Khz wav callouts from SS on this page, Elvira sounds amazing as does the guy:
https://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/Williams/games/stiff/index.html
Shows you that all of these original recordings are sitting in a vault somewhere. Would love to hear a remastered version of the game sounds, with the quality of music from the trailer along with HQ callouts. Now that I would pay money for...

You should buy a PinSound, and with a bit of editing...

#3287 4 years ago

My problem with this game is that there is not enough Elvira video onscreen. Everything else I can forgive.

Elvira should have a window in the corner where she is interacting with the player for the ENTIRE game. Laughing at stuff, joking when the player drains, in making funny comments, in general looking attractive and interested in what's going on. They'd just need to shoot bunch of reaction clips and loop them, tying the special stuff into the game events. They could even have her banter with things like the Deadheads, to make them more interesting...

Instead, she just seems absent 95% of the game, and that is a massive disappointment. I'm sure this won't matter for some players, but the lack of actual Elvira is a deal-breaker for me. Hopefully they are planning on getting Cassandra into the studio to shoot more content. She's the games biggest asset, and has been largely left out of it.

Here's a rough example of what I mean:
Elvira (resized).jpgElvira (resized).jpg

#3288 4 years ago

Is anyone in the Denver metro getting one of these for location? Would love to play one!

#3289 4 years ago

So some people love the game, some are meh on it, others are completely offended by it and post the same crap over and over. Seems like a normal release to me.

#3290 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

So some people love the game, some are meh on it, others are completely offended by it and post the same crap over and over. Seems like a normal release to me.

True words

I'm waiting for my LE. I think it will be a great pin.

#3291 4 years ago

Both have two flippers
Both have pop bumpers

Yeah, Scared Stiffs playfield looks rather bare compared to Elvira 3 now that I look at it. Take away the skull pieces on the ramps and there doesn't appear to be much there. I'm sure someone will make a mod for the ramps on Elvira 3 that adds skull pieces. Overall I'll take a large interactive and detailed haunted house over the much smaller main toy in Scared Still.

ss_new (resized).jpgss_new (resized).jpg

#3292 4 years ago
Quoted from Vongoosewink:

My problem with this game is that there is not enough Elvira video onscreen. Everything else I can forgive.
Elvira should have a window in the corner where she is interacting with the player for the ENTIRE game. Laughing at stuff, joking when the player drains, in making funny comments, in general looking attractive and interested in what's going on.

For the right price, Cassandra will personally come to your house and sit there while you play. It'll be just like MST3K Live!, but with BOOBS instead of wisecrackin' robot puppets.

#3293 4 years ago
9718226A-0744-4AC9-A8F2-BB0C458F25CF (resized).jpeg9718226A-0744-4AC9-A8F2-BB0C458F25CF (resized).jpeg
#3294 4 years ago

My problem with SS has always been that it's just ridiculously easy. I'm into the Stiff-o-meter every game I play and I'm not even a fantastic player. Cool mechs and beautiful game, but it just couldn't last in my home collection as there was no challenge at all. I'm curious about this machine, I love the integration of the old movies like Manos. Want to play one, but may grab a premium if I can.

#3295 4 years ago
Quoted from thewool:Wow that trailer... SS is a stone cold classic. The theme and integration are off the scale!

Makes me wonder. For such a "Premium" Pin. Why didnt they film a promo for this pin?

#3296 4 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

My problem with SS has always been that it's just ridiculously easy. I'm into the Stiff-o-meter every game I play and I'm not even a fantastic player. Cool mechs and beautiful game, but it just couldn't last in my home collection as there was no challenge at all. I'm curious about this machine, I love the integration of the old movies like Manos. Want to play one, but may grab a premium if I can.

You're into the stiff-o-meter every game but do you make the 10 shots to complete it. It's pretty hard without losing the ball.

#3297 4 years ago

The ramps in this pin remind me of Johnny Mnemonic, in a good way. The ramps are both plastic and have a similar layout. Plastic ramps are faster, so i think this game will be a flow-monster.

#3298 4 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Makes me wonder. For such a "Premium" Pin. Why didnt they film a promo for this pin?

They did - go to Stern's website

#3299 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Is anyone in the Denver metro getting one of these for location? Would love to play one!

Ditto, would love to play one on location.

#3300 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

People with money will buy them, people that don’t have money will complain about them crunchin on rice cakes.

There's some truth to that.

But... Space, code, QC and unmet expectations are the driving force behind most unfulfilled pinball purchases IMO

I will not buy an unwanted pinball machine. Even when the SP500 is @ 3000 pts. Which is why I dont own games I dislike

So it ain't all about limited resources.

Elvira is a possibility for me. It's part of why I'm here. Can't wait to play one & decide! JP looks cool AF too!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Trade
Machine - For Trade
St. Petersburg, FL
8,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hollywood, FL
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

10,000 (Firm)
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 79.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-the-official-thread/page/66?hl=sinistarrett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.