pasted_image (resized).jpeg
762CCCAE-7C30-48EB-A24B-662264858C0C (resized).jpeg
20191106_150140 (resized).jpg
20191106_143111.jpg
20191106_135932.jpg
20191106_140206.jpg
4DFF5D79-EBCB-4729-B9C9-8F242EE6BD58 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 79.
#3151 4 years ago

The game is haunted LOL - Check out the shoes/feet, but no body on top...

elvira_box (resized).pngelvira_box (resized).png
#3152 4 years ago

Sweet. Can’t wait to get the machine. New pins are always fun!!!!

#3153 4 years ago

a couple observations on the stream.

a lack of ball speed, especially back in the players direction. hits to the gargoils didnt rebound like the pick targets on MET or the tie fighter on star wars. in fact, they seemed to absorb alot of momentum. here is a timestamp where mike his 4 in a row in about 10 secs. [timestamp 46:35]

hitting the crypt, when closed and used as a bash toy, also kills momentum. the exit from the bumpers pretty much dribbles out, and other misses seemed to result in more slow/floaty balls working their way down the pf. all in all, when coming down the playfield, the ball lacks speed. the big distance between the flippers and the house/ball path entrances, when combined with balls at slower speeds, give players a lot of time to react. this game will be a slide savers dream.

the quickest rebound came from hitting the garage door drop target and balls that didnt clear the left ramp, understandably, came back quite fast. no presence of magnets flinging/accelerating the ball at the player like METs sparky.

both orbits diverted balls into rollover/bumper area alot, which eventually dribble out of the bumper nest. this negated the speed that would have been delivered by a complete full orbit.

if you are looking for some speed in your gameplay, look elsewhere.

in the location where the entrance to the fuel lane is on MET, there is a big black rubber. it is positioned above the left outlanes angled downward.

elviraleftoutlanes (resized).jpgelviraleftoutlanes (resized).jpg

balls off this rubber will likely be goners; as you can see at this timestamp where both lyman and mike lose their balls quickly in this very manner. [timestamp 1:44:00]

#3154 4 years ago

Ok, those floating heads are a WTF is that doing there. Weird....

#3155 4 years ago

Thanks for posting that! One more ticket sold. I may buy another in a couple of weeks if its not sold out by then.

#3156 4 years ago

Did you guys see these?

Elvira's House of Horrors - Hands 1 copy (resized).jpgElvira's House of Horrors - Hands 1 copy (resized).jpg

Elvira's House of Horrors - Hands 2 copy (resized).jpgElvira's House of Horrors - Hands 2 copy (resized).jpg

Elvira's House of Horrors - Movies 1 copy (resized).jpgElvira's House of Horrors - Movies 1 copy (resized).jpg

Elvira's House of Horrors - Movies 2 copy (resized).jpgElvira's House of Horrors - Movies 2 copy (resized).jpg

Elvira's House of Horrors 1 copy (resized).jpgElvira's House of Horrors 1 copy (resized).jpg

Elvira's House of Horrors 2 copy (resized).jpgElvira's House of Horrors 2 copy (resized).jpg

#3157 4 years ago

Wow they are all nice!

My fave is the purple which ties in the backboard and colours on the playfield. Tasty!

#3158 4 years ago

They all look better than the LE blades from stern

#3159 4 years ago

After watching the stream, I will admit I was disappointed. I was hoping that the game would have more Elvira in it. I love the Haunted House idea and I think it looks great, but I am not a fan of the B movie concept. It would have been cool if they made the theme about Elvira getting trapped in the House and having to find her way out. Because of the partnership, I thought this game would be the most Elvira-centric game to date, instead it appears to be the least. The price is what it is and honestly, I think is too much for a game with a pretty basic layout and what appears to be a poor theme integration. Do I love Elvira??? Absolutely YES!!! Would I ever buy this pin, probably NOT! That being said, we all have different tastes and I love that Stern makes games/themes for all of us. I am perfectly happy that every game/theme is not for me........I cannot afford all of them anyway! Congrats to the owners, I hope this becomes a masterpiece!

#3160 4 years ago

Cool idea, Elvira on her couch as a topper speaking insults and innuendo to the player...kind of like the Raven on Munsters.

#3161 4 years ago

Shit, I shoulda just rethemed my Raven.

Elvira-elvira-16363329-1169-1600[1] (resized).jpgElvira-elvira-16363329-1169-1600[1] (resized).jpg
#3162 4 years ago

LEs still available in Australia.

#3163 4 years ago

Was going to grab a LE but at $10,500
Or so I’m gonna pass and take a back seat. Premiums will be around for a long time and after my Munsters LE that was a bust. Too all LE buyers I hope it’s a great game !

#3164 4 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

LEs still available in Australia.

I'm still seeing ads for LEs here in the US...

CGR LE (resized).pngCGR LE (resized).png

#3165 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Ok, those floating heads are a WTF is that doing there. Weird....

Agreed. The floating heads and rubber tubes don't fit in with the style of the rest of the pin. You have multiple styles mashed together: line art, modern live action, old film reel, and 3d art

#3166 4 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I'm still seeing ads for LEs here in the US...
[quoted image]

Hey Robert you are op, maybe missed it but what are your thoughts now that it’s a reality?
As super fan, which model did you prefer?

#3167 4 years ago
Quoted from Stuieb84:

Agreed. The floating heads and rubber tubes don't fit in with the style of the rest of the pin. You have multiple styles mashed together: line art, modern live action, old film reel, and 3d art

That's been a problem with Stern's LCDs since their inception...lack of a cohesive style, various generic non-matching fonts, and just a general outdated 90's PC CD-ROM look. This started happening on some DMD games like Star Trek and GB as they led up to the changeover to LCD - they have a mix of pre-rendered CG & traditional dots animation....and even different styles within the dots animation, clearly showing that different people were creating different assets.

#3168 4 years ago

"B" movies....Elvira's sarcasm and innuendos...Lyman on the code.....I'm sold.
New Flash....no game is perfect, no matter how much it costs....Anyone who has had kids knows this...You just take the good with the bad and enjoy. :p

#3169 4 years ago

This game could use someone to make one of those lcd tv mods for it with lots of elvira clips!

#3170 4 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

"B" movies....Elvira's sarcasm and innuendos...Lyman on the code.....I'm sold.
New Flash....no game is perfect, no matter how much it costs....Anyone who has had kids knows this...You just take the good with the bad and enjoy. :p

Yes, but there has been no innuendos as of yet... And very little of Elvira's sarcasm.

Please note... I'm in for an LE. But, again. They better put more of the Hostest with the mostest into this pin.

#3171 4 years ago

Looking at some of the third party mods, if someone comes up with a better cabinet art ( not a decal, the panel type.?), I may regret the LE over a premium. The third party side blades looked great.

Quoted from whitey:

Was going to grab a LE but at $10,500
Or so I’m gonna pass and take a back seat. Premiums will be around for a long time and after my Munsters LE that was a bust. Too all LE buyers I hope it’s a great game !

#3172 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Yes, but there has been no innuendos as of yet... And very little of Elvira's sarcasm.
Please note... I'm in for an LE. But, again. They better put more of the Hostest with the mostest into this pin.

Yeah that's what put me off
Seems too PG sunshine and lollipops lol
I wanted darker feel with the hostess giving us an adult style commentary

#3173 4 years ago

I really want to think Lyman can save us from the clip art heads. Realistically, he can’t save us from all the aspects we despise. If the heads were pop culture references, that could be funny perhaps. Prince, Micheal Jackson, Michael Bolton was a great pun on the ‘bolt head’. That would be tolerable. The 80’s had plenty of great shit to make fun of.

‘I’m a actor’..
No. It should be Kojak.

We saw only 3, I hope they were the worst.

#3174 4 years ago
Quoted from SmallyBells:

I really want to think Lyman can save us from the clip art heads. Realistically, he can’t save us from all the aspects we despise. If the heads were pop culture references, that could be funny perhaps. Prince, Micheal Jackson, Michael Bolton was a great pun on the ‘bolt head’. That would be tolerable. The 80’s had plenty of great shit to make fun of.
‘I’m a actor’..
No. It should be Kojak.
We saw only 3, I hope they were they worst.

More than likely we saw the better of the three...
I actually think the deadheads can kick butt and be cool. They're not there yet. But, I think they will be. But, I think more or less that is the quality that we will be getting.

#3175 4 years ago
Quoted from SmallyBells:

Looking at some of the third party mods, if someone comes up with a better cabinet art ( not a decal, the panel type.?), I may regret the LE over a premium. The third party side blades looked great.

I thought about that. Modding the side art. But, after you factor in the cost of making the art and printing it, and then the time cost... Its really just a wash. Which is why I went with the LE...

I don't like to tinker with my pins. I like to play them... And please note. I work a 9-5 job to pay my bills and mortgage. And I own my own business, which allows me to buy these pins... My business isn't the best, but again... I get to buy pins with the money. But, that leads to not a lot of free time, and that free time I like to relax and do stuff I enjoy, and not tinker... I don't mind tinkering(I'm a computer tech by day), but once I'm home from work, I want to relax.

#3176 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

You're buying an incomplete LE and now you're saying Stern better do this/that?

You lost your leverage to make demands & the ability to complain later if you've already bought.

A good example would be GOTG. Songs were added only after errbody griped & refused to buy. I think.

(not picking on you)

#3177 4 years ago

This sounds familiar. I’m a special labor person, running a business. I can’t get real time off. So, no boats no vacations ect. I am a amateur pinball operator on the side. I really wanted a NEW title to route and see what happens to a very good situation. If Elvira flunks out, she can come home. The side gig has been amazing btw. It’s been hard reading the projections on this title.

Quoted from Diospinball:

I thought about that. Modding the side art. But, after you factor in the cost of making the art and printing it, and then the time cost... Its really just a wash. Which is why I went with the LE...
I don't like to tinker with my pins. I like to play them... And please note. I work a 9-5 job to pay my bills and mortgage. And I own my own business, which allows me to buy these pins... My business isn't the best, but again... I get to buy pins with the money. But, that leads to not a lot of free time, and that free time I like to relax and do stuff I enjoy, and not tinker... I don't mind tinkering(I'm a computer tech by day), but once I'm home from work, I want to relax.

#3178 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

You're buying an incomplete LE and now you're saying Stern better do this/that?
You lost your leverage to make demands & the ability to complain later if you've already bought.
A good example would be GOTG. Songs were added only after errbody griped & refused to buy. I think.
(not picking on you)

Well... I got a choice. Either get the best art package and support pinball and themes I like... Or the pinball hobby instead of growing shrinks and less pins get made... Which mean less themes I'll like...

Sure, I wish this started off like the new JP pin. As that game looks amazing. But, I don't like the JP theme. I hate those movies. They are BORING to me. I love dino's but, to me... They're too family friendly and I prefer more carnage in my movies... So while as awesome of a pin. I'm a theme guy.

And I'm there with you. I hate games shipping with incomplete code.
But, nothing we will/can do will change it. If we all stop buying pins. Then Stern and all the other companies will go bankrupt. But, I do think we can voice the changes we'd like to see... Because I think they'll take some of what we say for consideration.

#3179 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Well... I got a choice. Either get the best art package and support pinball and themes I like... Or the pinball hobby instead of growing shrinks and less pins get made... Which mean less themes I'll like...
Sure, I wish this started off like the new JP pin. As that game looks amazing. But, I don't like the JP theme. I hate those movies. They are BORING to me. I love dino's but, to me... They're too family friendly and I prefer more carnage in my movies... So while as awesome of a pin. I'm a theme guy.
And I'm there with you. I hate games shipping with incomplete code.
But, nothing we will/can do will change it. If we all stop buying pins. Then Stern and all the other companies will go bankrupt. But, I do think we can voice the changes we'd like to see... Because I think they'll take some of what we say for consideration.

Careful.

Munsters LE sold because it had "the best art" until no one bought B&W premiums.

IMO Stern wont go bankrupt if sales slow. They will work harder to regain market share by improving code, qc, innovation, value to buyer, etc.

#3180 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Careful.
Munsters LE sold because it had "the best art" until no one bought B&W premiums.
IMO Stern wont go bankrupt if sales slow. They will work harder to regain market share by improving code, qc, innovation, value to buyer, etc.

Well... hate to say it... I work hard for my money dude. I'll buy what I want.
And I was never ragging on Elvira.
I just said I had concerns. I hope they get addressed, and I also said I was confident they would be addressed...

Even with my favorite bands. I still find stuff in their albums I don't like... And I hope they address it. That's why we're here on Pinside.
To b@(#* and bemoan pins... and then in the same breath say how much we love them. Or vice versa.

#3181 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Careful.

And at first I thought B and W prem was ugly and dumb... But, the more I see it. The more I think the color is gaudy and the B and W is the way to go.
I think Munsters looks amazing.... Too bad for me to plays like a long drawn out yawn... Again... People can like that game. It just hasn't clicked for me yet, and I've put about 20 games on one. Spread out over 6 different times playing it.

#3182 4 years ago

So for this price tag you don't get drop targets? Really! Thats robbery.

#3183 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

And at first I thought B and W prem was ugly and dumb... But, the more I see it. The more I think the color is gaudy

Agreed. I think the B&W is the best art package too.

Quoted from Diospinball:

Well... hate to say it... I work hard for my money dude. I'll buy what I want.

Weird time to flex the "my money" rebuttal as I'm likely an Elvira buyer myself just pointing out demands made in a forest of a forum after the fact may not be an effective strategy.

#3184 4 years ago

I wonder if we’ll see some sort of flasher pandemonium strobe multiball mode with the house? I’m thinking of something like in a dark ride where lights quickly flash to illuminate a monster/scene, very similar to strobe multiball on Attack From Mars.

Or a mini wizard mode if shots to the house turn on or off all the lights... imaging a wizard mode with all windows pulsing red or creepy green light in the house... making shots slowly remove the creature haunt and turn off the lights in each room (or switch windows to an unhaunted ‘clean’ white)!

#3185 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I wonder if we’ll see some sort of flasher pandemonium strobe multiball mode with the house? I’m thinking of something like in a dark ride where lights quickly flash to illuminate a monster/scene, very similar to strobe multiball on Attack From Mars.
Or a mini wizard mode if shots to the house turn on or off all the lights... imaging a wizard mode with all windows pulsing red or creepy green light in the house... making shots slowly remove the creature haunt and turn off the lights in each room (or switch windows to an unhaunted ‘clean’ white)!

Good ideas. Email Lyman with your thoughts.

#3186 4 years ago

Warning! This is a VERY long post!

Quoted from Vino:

Hey Robert you are op, maybe missed it but what are your thoughts now that it’s a reality?

I've intentionally taken a hiatus from this thread once all the negativity after the stream started. Now that it has calmed down somewhat, I'll give my thoughts, albeit biased, on the game.

I love the overall feel of the game. The big haunted house on the playfield definitely sets the mood. After watching the stream, I have rewatched it numerous times to focus on the LCD to help with my understanding of game play. On game start, the LCD sets the mood with the house and lots of info areas on the screen. Not overly crowded IMO.
Screenshot_2019-09-18 Elvira House of Horrors Pinball Machine Revealed - First Images, Video, and Gameplay Details - IGN(1) (resScreenshot_2019-09-18 Elvira House of Horrors Pinball Machine Revealed - First Images, Video, and Gameplay Details - IGN(1) (res
LCD start (resized).pngLCD start (resized).png

I'll address one of the elephants in the room first, the Pool Party tubes. I had the same reaction as most others had, that it looked out of place. I understand the tie-in, but it didn't fit over the B-movie playing behind it. Maybe if on the first pop-bumper hit a "Pool Party" graphic replaced the B-movie playback while the tubes are popping onto the screen, and then reverts back to the movie after the ball exits the pops? Or maybe the tubes could be made a bit "spookier" looking by using the art that's on the pop bumper caps?
LCD tubes (resized).pngLCD tubes (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-09-18 Elvira House of Horrors Pinball Machine Revealed - First Images, Video, and Gameplay Details - IGN(17) (reScreenshot_2019-09-18 Elvira House of Horrors Pinball Machine Revealed - First Images, Video, and Gameplay Details - IGN(17) (re

The other elephant is the Deadheads. Personally, I like the different personalities that are being introduced here. In SS, you only got a quick glimpse of each Deadhead (Fish Head, Shrunken Head, etc). Here you get taunted by the current Deadhead in play until you banish them back into the crypt. The continuous floating head may be a little much. Again, they seem a little out of place floating around the main screen over movie. Maybe confine the current Deadhead in play to one of the smaller screens on the right while it's in play? Because I believe when you *do* banish one, they become a portrait over there.
LCD deadhead float option (resized).pngLCD deadhead float option (resized).png

I *do* love the intro sequence for each Deadhead. How the floating skull turns into a Deadhead.
LCD hallway (resized).pngLCD hallway (resized).png
LCD deadhead intro (resized).pngLCD deadhead intro (resized).png
LCD deadhead Aunt Surly (resized).pngLCD deadhead Aunt Surly (resized).png
LCD deadhead Sir Normus (resized).pngLCD deadhead Sir Normus (resized).png
LCD deadhead Uncle Bolt Head (resized).pngLCD deadhead Uncle Bolt Head (resized).png

And the Crypt Open sequence was very well done.
LCD crypt is open (resized).pngLCD crypt is open (resized).png

One thing I missed during the initial stream was the Trailer Trash. This is when a mode is finished, you have the ability to collect an additional 50, 75 or 100% of the points collected during that mode. Shoot the house, get 50%. Shoot one ramp then the house for 75%. Shoot both ramps then the house for the full 100%. A timer starts on the first ramp shot so this is a fun little hurry up option after each mode for additional points.
LCD trailer trash (resized).pngLCD trailer trash (resized).png

I like that there are playfield multipliers as well. Complete the target banks (Trunk Combo and Hand of Fate) on both sides to light an inlane shot to increase the multiplier.
Screenshot_2019-09-18 Elvira House of Horrors Pinball Machine Revealed - First Images, Video, and Gameplay Details - IGN(10) (reScreenshot_2019-09-18 Elvira House of Horrors Pinball Machine Revealed - First Images, Video, and Gameplay Details - IGN(10) (re
Screenshot_2019-09-18 Elvira House of Horrors Pinball Machine Revealed - First Images, Video, and Gameplay Details - IGN(6) (resScreenshot_2019-09-18 Elvira House of Horrors Pinball Machine Revealed - First Images, Video, and Gameplay Details - IGN(6) (res

The lock animation for Junk In The Trunk is a fun throwback to the SS animation.
LCD jit ball locked (resized).pngLCD jit ball locked (resized).png

Oh, and let's talk about the Elvira clips. Everyone has stated they wanted more Elvira but I like how the intro clips were sprinkled in. They were a little repetitious after a few plays, but I'm sure there will be many more options in the final version. You can also skip the video intros with a flipper cancel should you wish. Of the few clips I saw, I really enjoyed them. The Silver Bullet beer reference and the "you know, MY age" had me smiling.
LCD werewolf intro (resized).pngLCD werewolf intro (resized).png
LCD teenage my age (resized).pngLCD teenage my age (resized).png

Here's a good example of *way* too many things on the screen at one time. There's the movie clip in the back. A still of Elvira over that during an intro to Wild Women Multiball. The Floating Deadhead. A pool party tube. And the WWM title. But it also shows you how much is happening in the game *simultaneously*.
LCD layers (resized).pngLCD layers (resized).png

Looks like there are a lot of fun modes throughout the game - House Party, Wild Women Multiball, Hand of Fate and Unhappy Hour to name just a few.
LCD house party (resized).pngLCD house party (resized).png
LCD ww multiball (resized).pngLCD ww multiball (resized).png
LCD Hand of Fate (resized).pngLCD Hand of Fate (resized).png
LCD unhappy hour (resized).pngLCD unhappy hour (resized).png

The animations for the LCD are all very well done and fit the theme very well.
LCD turret (resized).pngLCD turret (resized).png
LCD tilt (resized).pngLCD tilt (resized).png

I *do* hope the match sequence is updated as it looks very rough at the moment.
LCD match (resized).pngLCD match (resized).png

Quoted from Vino:

As super fan, which model did you prefer?

I don't consider myself a "super fan" but I do enjoy all things Elvira. Of all the models, I personally prefer the LE over the Premium. Why? Cabinet art is the main attraction for me in the price differential. I also started adding things that I would normally add to a game - powder coated armor, art blades, shaker, non-glare glass. With those and the other LE upgrades like the mirrored backglass, upgraded speaker system and lower arch, I feel it's definitely worth the added expense for the LE. I don't see the value in the SE.

Overall, I'm really looking forward to this game. I know what we saw was a only glimpse of what the game will ultimately become.

Do I wish the game were cheaper? Of course. But I wish ALL games were cheaper.

#3187 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Agreed. I think the B&W is the best art package too.

Weird time to flex the "my money" rebuttal as I'm likely an Elvira buyer myself just pointing out demands made in a forest of a forum after the fact may not be an effective strategy.

I'm not flexing or bragging or strutting. I only said that I am buying one, because so many people here are like I hate it and I no longer am buying it.
And I don't think there is an effective strategy.
Stern is going to do what stern is going to do. I know you said when people didn't buy GOTG that got stern into making an update for it and making it better...

But, I think most likely that update would have come regardless. Because, if they felt the pinch in their sales, then they would not be so foul hardy and engage in the same behavior that hurt their bottom line again.

The reality is... Going forward games will always be shipping with incomplete code. Code that can take 1-2 years to get mostly finished and another 1-2 years to be fully finished.
Look at the rollout for Iron Maiden. I think I got .98 code for my Premium and I got it the first month it came out. I think that was the 2nd main code update.
And now I think its on 1.06... I could be wrong with the code patch. But, I remember I would update every other update and it was updating every 2-4 weeks. Really fun to see how it progressed and changed. And Iron Maiden .98 code was really good and felt complete to begin with.
So not every game will be as fortunate, and most will be worse off... But, that is the new normal.

With that being said. I did look forward to each new code update. That can be exciting. To talk about the changes. how it impacts the game. The new callouts, animations, new strategies, new modes.

And if it takes 2 years, but if we get some steady releases... Let's be honest. That will be in a way fun... As fun as it just being done on release... I don't know about that. But, it'll still be a fun ride.
And so I post and I talk about the game here, because that too, to me is fun.

#3188 4 years ago

ELVIRA IS A SWEET BITCH !

#3189 4 years ago

Production Schedule, Anyone?

Premiums first (Europe, then the U.S.)?

Then LE's?

Finally, Signature LE's?

If this is accurate, why did we see an LE as the first to come off the line?

#3190 4 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Production Schedule, Anyone?
Premiums first (Europe, then the U.S.)?
Then LE's?
Finally, Signature LE's?

My distributor seems to think Premiums will be shipping at the end of this month.

#3191 4 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Because it’s not accurate.

Domestic LEs first, then overseas LEs. Includes SEs.
Then Premiums (probably see domestic Premiums in the wild before overseas LEs just because of shipping and distribution logistics)

Don’t know why the order changed this time, only that it did. I’m guessing it has something to do with the oft-repeated rumor that Cassandra required the game to be publicly released by Halloween.

#3192 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Then Premiums (probably see domestic Premiums in the wild before overseas LEs just because of shipping and distribution logistics)
Don’t know why the order changed this time, only that it did. I’m guessing it has something to do with the oft-repeated rumor that Cassandra required the game to be publicly released by Halloween.

Well, she has said in multiple interviews that Halloween is her most lucrative time of the year. Where she moves the most merch and gets the most bookings.
And as we know this pin has been rumored and in the works for a long time... But, obviously a good amount of that time was stuck in hiatus after nordman had already left stern.
So who knows if the contract with Stern even had a play or pay clause in it, where she would still get paid regardless of if pin went into production. Note I do not mean just the rights to the title or option to the license. The options are generally small fees and stern could eat that easily.

But, really it makes no sense for both Stern to sit on a completed game(mechanically speaking) and secondly not to release this theme during Halloween time. And really with each year not releasing it, they are wasting the potential for revenue from a created and finished asset.

#3193 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Thanks.

#3194 4 years ago

I agree with diospinball. Code is just more complex now with all the animations and timing of sequences with all the elements that are in this game, let alone others. Most things in life now do not come with complete code. Things are updated. I am not a software coder to explain why that is in The case of pinball. I’m not bothered by it. It can only get better.

#3195 4 years ago

I prefer the LE over the Premium. Cabinet art is the main attraction for me in the price differential. I also started adding things that I would normally add to a game - powder coated armor, art blades, shaker, non-glare glass. With those and the other LE upgrades like the mirrored backglass, upgraded speakers and lower arch, I feel it's worth the added expense for the LE. I don't see the value in the SE.

Elvira's image on the side of the main cab is the only reason I went LE. I knew there would be plenty of aftermarket art blades to add to a premium (all three from retrorefurbs look nice) and powdercoat, shaker, better speakers and non-glare glass can also be added. The translite is the same except for mirroring on LE and SE. The design team sticker on the LE has spaces for signatures (including Nordman + Sheats + Freres) and is noted on the Stern website as "custom autographed bottom arch" and that is not on the premium.

#3196 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

The translite is the same except for mirroring on LE and SE. The design team sticker on the LE has spaces for signatures (including Nordman + Sheats + Freres) and is noted on the Stern website as "custom autographed bottom arch" and that is not on the premium.

LE/SE have backglasses, not translites.

I believe the plastic on the right side of the arch will be pre-signed by the design team.

#3197 4 years ago

Why pool floaties? Why not pumpkins or skulls that smash open to reveal numbers?

Also Stern LCD typography still really bad. Can the hardware not handle strokes of more than 3 pixels and transparent drop shadows? If you made billboards that looked like that... Well you wouldn't because you'd be fired immediately.

#3198 4 years ago

LE/SE have backglasses, not translites.
I

Backglasses in name only. Isn’t it like STLE where it was glass fused to plastic?

#3199 4 years ago

Thanks Robert!
Appreciate you sharing your thoughts so far!

#3200 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Why pool floaties? Why not pumpkins or skulls that smash open to reveal numbers?

Because pumpkins and skulls don't float!

But seriously, the pop bumper area is where the pool party is and the pop bumpers represent floaties.
Screenshot_2019-09-18 Elvira House of Horrors Pinball Machine Revealed - First Images, Video, and Gameplay Details - IGN(4) (resScreenshot_2019-09-18 Elvira House of Horrors Pinball Machine Revealed - First Images, Video, and Gameplay Details - IGN(4) (res

It's all a throwback to the Monster Slide on EATPM.
elvira_ramp (resized).jpgelvira_ramp (resized).jpg
elvira_slide (resized).jpgelvira_slide (resized).jpg

But I get your point about wanting it to be a little "spookier". That's why I suggested using the pop bumper plastic art that has gargoyles and skeletons in the floaties.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs
Plastics
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster
Toys/Add-ons
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods
Other
Machine - For Sale
Yucaipa, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
10,000 (Firm)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 79.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-the-official-thread/page/64?hl=stuieb84 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.